User Reviews for Zileuton

Also known as: Zyflo CR

Asthma, Maintenance
5.5

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 21, 2020

Zyflo CR (zileuton) for Asthma, Maintenance: “After ten years of suffering, my doctor prescribed Zyflo and it changed my life. It dried up my drip, cleared my lungs, and restored normal breathing. I had tried Singulair for years, and it had no positive effects. Zyflo was an entirely different experience. Now that I am on Medicare and NO drug plans cover it I am unable to afford it and all my symptoms are back. It is miserable knowing there is a medication that would so improve my quality of life, yet it is unaffordable in this country.”

Jess · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 1, 2020

Zyflo CR (zileuton) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I took the drug for several years, for my Mast Cell Activation Disorder, while I could get it affordably. Since end of December 2019, I have not been able to afford the horribly expensive drug nor the copay, which by itself is outrageous! I am very sick since being forced by the insurance and manufacturer companies to give it up. I have extreme heartburn, nausea , cramping and shortness of breath. I have had to go to ER 3 x because of these symptoms, which eventually lead to an asthma attack and the feeling of having a heart attack. While taking Zileuton, these symptoms are virtually non-existent. I had to quit my job, and now of course don't dare leave the house with Covid 19 everywhere!”

Patty · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2020

Zyflo CR (zileuton) for Asthma, Maintenance: “My Dr. prescribed this medication to control chronic itching and respiratory issues due to my high allergy issues (Hereditary Alpha Tryptasemia/ Mast Cell). I took it for a week and I had the absolute worst mood swings it was actually scary. I emailed the Dr to see if these side effects would taper off and they took me off immediately which I was disappointed because I was looking forward to less anaphylaxis. Dr advised to stop immediately. The effects in my stomach after the fact have not stopped and we are going on two weeks. I know I have a rare condition and my body basically rejects most medications but the structure of the med was supposed to help stop degranulating.”

Wheezy · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 13, 2018

Zyflo CR (zileuton) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Several years ago my allergist prescribed this for my asthma maintenance. It worked wonders for not only my asthma but also my arthritis. I had problems getting it, because most local pharmacies would have to order it because it was too expensive to keep in stock. I found a voucher program for awhile but finally had to give it up. It became difficult for pharmacies to obtain and much too pricey for me to purchase even with insurance. I finally was prescribed Breo inhaler for my asthma. Why would a drug that is 22 years old still be this expensive?? Haven't those patents run out yet? Think of the people this drug could benefit if it were to be more widely used to all of it's potential for so many ! Why price it out of reach for the ones who could most benefit from it??? I only wish I could have continued using Zyflo.”

Zopdeep · Taken for less than 1 month June 8, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I was given this for Allergic rhinitis . I got extreme fatigue developed after 3-4 days on medication and worsened daily - I was passing out while on 40mg of prednisone.”