User Reviews for Triamcinolone nasal to treat Allergic Rhinitis

Also known as: Nasacort Allergy 24HR

Triamcinolone nasal Rating Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 284 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Triamcinolone nasal

Nurse33 September 13, 2020

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “I have awful airborne allergies. I used nasacort and had great relief, although I have always said I wouldn't use steroids. It was all good until I started feeling very anxious, panic attacks having heart palpitations, pain in my sides over my kidneys, feeling generally sick, felt like my blood pressure was really high, and my hair fell out! I'm not kidding you! Hair loss is a side effect of triamcinolone, and half of my hair fell out! After trips to 4 different Drs (cardiologist, endocrinologist, dermatologist, and primary Dr) who found nothing in the tons of labs they drew, it was the triamcinolone in nasacort! It took almost 2 years for my hair to grow back. I ended up hospitalized in atrial fibrillation for 2 days also at that time because of it. I had never had it before and have never had it again. I am a registered nurse of 33 years. If you use this medicine daily for any extended period of time, you will probably have severe withdrawal symptoms like I did.”

Brad · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2020

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “Took first dose of Nasacort about 8:30am. At 9am got up out of chair could barely walk. Dizzy, nausea, sick at stomach. Went to bed. After 3 hrs got up felt worse. Went to neighbors where could be around someone. After 5 hrs symptoms began to go away. It has now been 7 hrs 15 mins. Still not back to normal.”

Jaime · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2020

Nasacort Allergy 24HR (triamcinolone): “For years, I have suffered with sinus headaches and sinus infections, with little relief from any of the medicines my doctor prescribed. I have taken Allegra, Claritin, Flonase, and Zyrtec, and none of them worked. Finally, my doctor encouraged me to try Nasacort. Nasacort took a few days to get into my respiratory system, but it worked. All of our bodies are different, so Nasacort might not work for everyone, but it worked for me.”

Jaime · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2020

Sinus Viking Warrior · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 5, 2020

“Do not use if you suffer from any anxiety!!! I've suffered extreme anxiety and back to back panic attacks. I have generalized anxiety disorder and using this has triggered the absolute worst anxiety symptoms (shortness of breath, dry mouth, sore throat, clammy palms, tingling arms, and tightness or pain in center of back). Plus, it stopped working after extended use. It may work for some but please use cautiously if you suffer from anxiety issues.”

Dan · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “I was directed by Dr to take Nasacort along with antibiotics for a sinus infection. On the first day I take it (morning) I noticed that at bedtime I have trouble falling asleep. Found it odd. Second night, same thing but also feeling anxious and a general feeling of not feeling better. Third day, again hard time falling asleep. After 3 days tried to figure out what is going on. Then realised it started taking Nasacort.... bingo... stopped it and everything is coming back to normal. Can’t trust the manufacturer to tell you all the side effects but thank goodness for consumers like us to do so. Not worth it.”

A life of congestion January 16, 2020

“I've had Chronic Rhinitis for 40+ years and I've tried many oral medications over the years with minor benefits, but not enough to offset the side effects. I've basically learned to live with constant post-nasal drainage and sinus congestion. I used Nasacort for a month and while my congestion and PND abated to some extent, what mucous I did have was very runny, so I had a rather drippy nose all the time. Unfortunately, just as my first bottle was starting to run out I started to experience what I can best describe as an anxious and jittery feeling in my chest. It left me feeling very unsettled and fidgety. Yesterday, the congestion and PND flared up significantly, so I decided to try Nasacort once more, which I did in the late afternoon. When I woke up this morning, the anxiety, tension and jitters were all back with a vengeance. So to me, it's conclusive that these side effects are real and not worth the benefits. Too bad because they really did help the Rhinitis!”

Ken · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2020

Nasacort AQ (triamcinolone): “I was hooked on Afrin nasal sprays for years and I got what's called rebound congestion. all of my life I have had sinus problems. I was told to try Nasacort or a steroids spray to help get me off. I tried Nasacort and after about a week I was totally off that rebound congesting Afrin. I haven't felt this good since I was a kid, my sinuses feel great and I can't believe this stuff really works. I'm so happy I'm not miserable anymore.”

Mick · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 9, 2019

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “This has worked great for me. I have seasonal allergies and this twice a day along with a Claritin each morning has changed my life. The only side effect I've had is, when I quit taking it each fall, I experience drying around the nostril area and sore, watery eyes. It goes away after a few weeks.”

Anonymous October 10, 2019

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “I’ve had allergies for the last two years and my symptom is chronic congestion. I had my allergies tested and I am allergic to just about everything environmental. Decided to do the shots but in the meantime I’ve been using Nasacort. I am a super naturalist and dislike taking meds taking but this medication has been a lifesaver as I can’t sleep with a congested nose. Give it at least a week to work! It’s magic. I have not experienced adverse reactions other than possible heart palpitations maybe. I’ll use it at least for another year while allergy shot kick in. Totally recommend.”

Allergies · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2019

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “My experience was awful. I paid around $40 for this and it made me nauseous, made my heart pound, and made me feel anxious...all after only one use. Then later there was a crash and I felt exhausted. It helped slightly with my allergies but not too much, and NOT worth it.”

Perphexion · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2019

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “This medication caused me to feel loopy, anxious but tired at the same time, and I gained weight. I couldn't lose weight for anything. I came off of this and lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Who knew? I know it's a steroid but I had no idea it was that strong. I'm going to try Claritin D again. Medication did make me breathe easier. I had very itchy eyes however which could've been from the pollen. Sore throat however. I have it a 3 because it makes be breathe like a champ.”

Seiz · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2019

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “My husband took this before he went to bed the other night. Had only used this medicine 1-2 times before. I was woken up to him having a seizure . It seemed like it lasted forever but it was the scariest thing ever seeing your husband helpless. So far all tests (bloodwork, CAT scan and EEG have come out good ). The only thing he did different was take Nasacort that night. I think he had an allergic reaction. I will never let him or anyone I know use this!”

Allergen ugh · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2019

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “Nasocort nasal spray put me on edge and made me angry. Discontinued. It worked, but the side effects are not worth it.”

Momo · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 19, 2019

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “Nasacort is a mixed bag. It relieved my allergies to cats and ragweed like nothing ever has. Also, to my surprise, it reduced chronic pain that I've had for decades. I had the spunk of an Energizer Bunny, but Nasacort made my chronic insomnia much worse. Even though it gave me boundless energy, I was only able to sleep for four hours at night---every night. I am a non-confrontational person who hardly has a temper, but the Nasacort made me feel irritable and angry to a degree that was difficult to control. I am 67 years old and show early signs of cataracts. The raging insomnia and irritability/anger were also unacceptable, so I decided to discontinue Nasacort. I used the Nasacort for approximately five years and am now back where I started, looking for something safe for treating severe allergies. Sigh.....”

julbug · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2018

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “I only bought nose spray once before. I bought a $4 equate (Walmart brand) that night after spraying it my nose cleared and the sinus pressure went away for almost 24 hrs. I bought Nasacort and all it did was run out of my nose. I did not feel any relief of any kind. I am the most miserable I have ever been.”

ack · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 13, 2018

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “I have used Nasacort for three years. I have had hayfever most of my life, changing medicines every few years as they become less effective. Nasacort was amazing for the first two years. For the first time in my adult life, living through allergy season with no symptoms, and no side effects, was an absolute wonder. Now, year three, since day one of starting the spray (one each nostril per day) I have been slowly coughing up all of my lungs. I can only hope I have done no damage. Time to move on, and find the next best thing.”

Anthony · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2018

Nasacort Allergy 24HR (triamcinolone): “Works great! I suffer from seasonal allergies almost every year. I've tried other nasal sprays including Flonase without any good results. Nasacort is the only one that works for me. It does take about 2-3 days to get 100% relief but on the first day I used it I did notice a significant improvement in my symptoms. I highly recommend this nasal spray to anyone who suffers from seasonal allergies.”

Joy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 8, 2018

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “I am a young woman and have been taking this at night to clear my allergies because zertec just won't cut it anymore and this has been working. I haven't had any bad allergy symptoms and can breathe freely. But since taking this medicine I have had some adverse side effects. I have been woken up in the middle of the night from my heart racing and what feels like a panic attack. It is so bad I have to get up and turn on a light and go do something just so I can calm myself down let alone get myself to sleep. I have decided that this is just too much to go through for clear sinuses so I am no longer going to take this medicine and try something else.”

Ecd64 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 8, 2018

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “Fantastic and no side effects. Flonase was horrible - didn’t work and gave me horrible anxiety. Generic version of Nasocort has been wonderful.”

ronnyz · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2018

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “Been taking for a week, so far its useless.”

V · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2018

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “Today was my first time trying it and it works! I could tell when I first sprayed it; it seemed to open me up then. I used to use Claritin d (til it stopped working), then Zyrtec, then Flonase but they all seemed to take time to work. Didn’t have that problem today. Plus it was cheaper than the Flonase and I had a coupon on top of that!”

Aprmce February 16, 2018

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “Just tried it for the first time today. Although my nose isn't completely clear there is a huge difference than when I didn't have it. I was using Afrin and Nasacort didn't seem to have that immediate clearance that Afrin provided, but it was good because this meant that the addictive effect of total and immediate clearance was not there..so Nasacort was more gradual and less harsh. I love it!”

Surf guy February 13, 2018

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “While using the product for about 2 to 3 weeks it cured the allergy symptoms but left me with what seemed to be manageable anxiety and lite panic attacks. Even though I have some holistic cures for anxiety ( holy basil tea or passion flower drops) the ongoing uneasiness from the drug made me stop. The first day off the medication I felt odd , the second day I was a little stronger, and the 3rd day I had a real panic attack. I wouldn't suggest the product to anyone who has had "any anxiety issues" in their life. At least I know I have a strong heart...”

RustyTutor February 11, 2018

Nasacort (triamcinolone): “I have a constant runny nose, but worse, as soon as I lie down at night my nose becomes stuffed. I'm a stomach sleeper, so my head is always turned to one side. The bottom nostril becomes stuffed, so I switch sides, and so on through the night. I used Nasacort for 2 weeks and it was magical -- until my nose began bleeding and gooping up inside with snotty, bloody clumps. So, I had to give it up (Nasacort even let me sleep at night after the bloody clumps began) because I don't think it's normal to have chunky scabby blood clogs. Still haven't found a fix for my night problem (BreatheRight helps a bit, but the adhesive makes my skin itch).”

Learn more about Allergic Rhinitis

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)