User Reviews for Tyvaso

Learn more about Tyvaso.

Tyvaso Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension.

Reviews for Tyvaso to treat Pulmonary Hypertension

"Been on Tyvaso for 3 years. It has improved my PH significantly 10 to 12 puffs a sitting. Always made me cough but recently the cough has gotten worse. Not going to stop just take fewer puffs"

Rob38 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on tyvaso for a little over a year now and like one of the users said 9 breathes was to much for me. I stay somewhere between 5 to 7 breathes and it dose wonders for me. However I can't always find the time to get to the treatment 4 times per day.. I also take adcira and letirius. among the thee pulmonary hypertension( PH) meds I think that the tyvaso has the ability to be the best of them. I just wish I could focus enough everyday to take 4 pr day . Anyone knows anything helpful please comment. yall have a good day and good luck to all with your PH......"

ctm7854 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using Tyvaso for 4 months, the first three I saw no improvement. Now I do feel a little better but not much. I live 5 short blocks away from the Mayo clinic in Rochester Mn. and I have to sit down for a few minutes each block to catch my breath. Yesterday it took me 40 minutes to go a quarter mile. Even walking upstairs is hard for me. I just don't know what to do."

Bad Habit (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Tyvaso for approximately 6 months now and haven't had any adverse effects. There are side effects of the medicine, of course, which include cough, sore throat, hoarseness, and occasional headaches and muscle ache, but overall it is worth it for me."

BRIDGETTELYNN68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Improved her ability to live."

Anonymous October 8, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started out doing very well with Tyvaso. When they increased the puffs to 9, my condition went back to being fatigued and short of breath. I take Tyvaso for pulmonary arterial hypertension."

Anonymous January 11, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My wife has pulmonary arterial hypertension along with COPD and Lung cancer. The results of my wife using Tyvaso was truly remarkable. She showed improvements in a very short time frame. She has progressed to 9 puffs 4 times a day. She has had very light side effects, i.e. sore throat and mild cough during treatments. The sore throats have diminished drastically when rinsing and gargling with warm tap water between puffs and after treatments. The coughing is mild and only presents during treatment. The positive results were noticeable as early as 6 weeks and have been amazing. She looks and feels better than she has in a year. Her stamina has increased by approximately 25%. Tyvaso has given our family hope and the strength to fight her other major health problems! Thank you!"

Anonymous August 28, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have PAH in the later stages, this medicine has improved my breathing with the other medicines I am taking. My 6 minute walk test improved also. Only problem is the sore throat from coughing after using it."

Anonymous October 9, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My boyfriend had severe pulmonary arterial hypertension. This medicine helped him very much. The only real problem is some of the side affects, grumpy, but, personally, they are worth it. He will hopefully be around for a few more years."

Anonymous July 18, 2010