User Reviews for Tiotropium

Also known as: Spiriva, Spiriva Respimat

Learn more about Tiotropium.

Asthma, Maintenance 1 reviews 118 medications

COPD, Maintenance 72 reviews 46 medications

6.9
Summary of Tiotropium reviews 73 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Tiotropium

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I would have thought that I would get a better response."

Bagnara June 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Good for breathing"

Dotted June 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I've been on Spiriva for about 15 years or so. At first it helped my breathing a lot. Now, not so much. I've constantly battled the capsule not working. After contacting the mfg years ago, they eventually they reimbursed me for a box of the medication. They told me the amount of medication in the capsule would fit on a pin head. One day this week it took 3 capsules before finding one that worked. The plastic capsule sometimes seems to explode when you squeeze the lever to poke the hole in it. When it makes "that sound" of loud popping, after I try to use it and it doesn't work - I can open the handihaler holding the capsule, take the capsule out and hit it on my palm and tiny pieces of plastic fall out in my hand!"

Spud 2017 (taken for 10 years or more) May 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "it works for me BUT there are too many blanks at least 4 out 10 are blanks I got in touch with the co. there going to look into this matter"

peewee7 March 28, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have been on Spiriva for a few years. It has helped my COPD. I have noticed that I have suffered acid reflux more recently this past year. I have also complained to my eye Dr. that my eyeballs feel swollen and must blink constantly because of some fluid in my eyes causing blurred vision. The Dr. said he doesn't know why I am suffering with these symptoms. Last January 2016 he did discover Glaucoma in one eye. My next appt. is April 2017. I will see what he has to say regarding my taking Spiriva. I am waiting for my PCP to get back to me. I never realized you MUST keep your eyes closed when taking this Med. I pray it is NOT permanent damage to my eyes."

boswan (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I've recently stopped using Spiriva because I was worried about the side effects. The final deciding factor was my optometrist telling me that I had high eye pressure (possibly a precursor to glaucoma). I have also had red eyes ever since being on it. Other symptoms since being on it are trouble urinating with force (not able to pee fast when in a hurry), chest pains daily, muscle pains in front lower legs, constipation and losing my voice or hoarseness. I value my sight above all else so I will make do with salbutamol instead. Since quitting it two weeks ago my eye pressure is now normal again, my eyes are not red, the chest pains are gone, the hoarseness gone, and am gradually getting my bladder muscle control back."

River Jane (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 29, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Took this for about 4 years and had throat swelling, feeling like something wrapped around my neck, swallowing issues and hoarseness. Blamed it on an operation to remove a cyst in my neck but the symptoms were not from that procedure according to my ENT. I stopped using it for two years and as my COPD worsened my doc put me back on it. Bang those symptoms came right back. I am now on Tudorza and doing better without those side effects."

Lpit180 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Not so much of a comment about the effectiveness of Spiriva, but more about the company's "QUALITY CONTROL" which sucks! I've had a ongoing discussion with Boehringer Ingelheim, the company that makes Spiriva for the last year after receiving "blank capsules" in their packages. At a cost of over $12.00 (in my case) per capsule, this is unacceptable. I honestly expected that this was a isolated incident at first and reported it to the company (and pharmacy) immediately, and again, and again, and again! At first they stated it was a "isolated incident", then it was a "equipment malfunction". Seems like they have a endless supply of excuses, rather than fixing the problem!"

BG in so ca December 15, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "If a doseage has been missed , I can feel the difference within twelve to eighteen hours. I work a physical day and if not for Spiriva and my Salbutamol inhaler , I wouldn't last a few hours."

Gary1821 December 11, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have been using Spiriva since 2009. It was okay for the first 4 years. Lung function improved, but not great. My bladder is suffering terribly, so I gave up Spiriva last week. The bladder side effects are worse to me than the lung function. Have suffered several bouts of UTI's while being on Spiriva as well. Also, sometimes the capsules are empty. I reported this to the FDA twice, with no results. Spiriva is expensive, so to have 1-5 capsules per box empty, is very costly. Now, a week Spiriva free, my bladder function has improved, but my breathing is becoming more labored. I will try my albuterol inhaler, but will use it sparingly as well because it causes bladder problems too."

Promo65 December 7, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "While using this med. I opened the top turned it sprayed while inhaling and it would not stop spraying almost choking me and taking my breath away I dropped it on the table and it continued spraying for about a minute. I called the company and after being transferred and 15 mins. later they were of no help whatsoever. I told the last girl I spoke their product sucks, it is obvious these people don't care what happens to anyone using their product. I will also be contacting FDA."

marr November 3, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "A prev smoker,I started on Advair 500 twice daily in 2010 after almost dying from being unable to breathe at all. After no serious improvement & being unable to hardly walk, I went on spiriva in April this year..Almost immed results..a HOME RUN!!! I now can walk at fairly good pace & for reasonable distance.I also continue on with Advair 500 morning/night.. Finally, I am living almost normal life...and NO EFFECTS!!"

42menssize September 24, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have taken Spiriva, more so in hot humid weather than in cooler weather, for 2 years and after 1 year did notice substantial difference in halos around lights especially driving at night, so much so, that I stopped driving at night. Last eye exam in March of this year indicates I have cataracts. I looked at full Spiriva Pharmaceutical description and in lab tests, this drug did cause cataracts in dogs. So, now I am up for cataract surgery. What does the FDA Protect?"

PG226 September 1, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva Respimat (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have been using spiriva respimat for several months now for Copd. why is it important not to cover the vents on mouth piece which i have been doing ever since i been using it . my doctor never told me not to i just read about it recently. i really dont think that i have been benefiting from the inhaler that much. could this be the reason? i am not covering the vents any longer the information i read says not to but why . maybe people are using the same as i did hopefully this will help several people. thank you"

angel in heaven August 7, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva Respimat (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I was prescribed Spiriva Respimat just three weeks ago and the results have been amazingly effective. I was a smoker from the age of 12 until the age of 71, and was finally able to quit 11 years ago. I have been suffering the effects of COPD for at least the last 3 or 4 years (maybe longer) but the condition has gone undiagnosed until very recently. I was unable to walk to my mailbox or take a shower without becoming extremely exhausted. I was constantly coughing up large amounts of phlegm, both day and night, making getting a good night's sleep difficult, if not impossible. I have not woken up once in the past two weeks to cough up phlegm, although I still cough up small amounts of phlegm during the day. I have not suffered any allergies."

Beryl Franklin (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Given me a better quality of life"

I love lucy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "threw new applicator away by mistake you will not send me a new one I had to wait 30 days before my insurance would let me get a new one so I'm out my money all I have is the cartridge with no way to use it I THINK YOUR ENGINEERS SUCK WHE FLO VENT IS SO SIMPLETO USE WH"

P O ED May 30, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "just diagnosed with COPD a few weeks ago. My GP put me on Spiriva Respimat Inhaler. In a few days I broke out with skin rash on my back, chest, upper arms.lower legs, etc. Immediately discontinued the Spiriva and was put on a different drug. No complications from the new drugs in the past 2 or 3 weeks so far."

zszszs May 24, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "very helpful for me. Some anxiety the first couple of months but none now. I havent breathed this well in years and have the results to prove it."

severe copd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 11, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "This is my second day with this drug and I can already see improvement in the quality of my life. First thing every morning out of bed, I had to go to the nebulizer in order to breathe after removing CPAP mask. Today I didn't have to use it at all. I haven't noticed any side effects and don't expect any."

Wayne1600 (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I was prescribed this because of asthma, and I have difficulty taking other inhalers because of side effects. I noticed within a few minutes, that my throat started to burn after using this med. IT seems to irritate my throat. I also have chest pain in my left breast, and difficulty sleeping. Because of these side effects, I am going to stop using it. I am beginning to suspect inhalers aren't going to work for me."

SereneNIght (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for : "Man, my vision started getting blurry AND my voice got hoarse while using this. I teach, and need clear vision and a clear voice so I quit this stuff. I hated it."

ABlue (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva Respimat (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "My problem is not with the medicine, but rather the inhaler itself. The Spiriva Respimat. Hate it with a passion! I've had to make three separate trips to the pharmacy to get a replacement. After the first time I was so careful to use it both, properly and carefully. Did it help? NO! And it is a waste of time, money and I'm unable to use the thing until I go to the pharmacist and get a replacement! Apparently, Kaiser insurance doesn't want to pay for any other Spiriva inhaler. I am currently trying to find where I can leave a formal complaint."

Cindelli (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance: "I have had intolerances to several inhalers. This is the first maintenance inhaler that I have been able to use with great success and NO side effects! It's the best thing I have found to control my asthma - ever!"

Dalton girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have been on Spiriva Respimat for about a year now for my COPD and it is still working very well! I do have to take my rescue inhaler more than I did when I first began the drug but I am still receiving great benefit from this medication and am so grateful it continues to improve my quality of life."

Mamasita1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2016