User Reviews for Tiotropium

Also known as: Spiriva, Spiriva Respimat

Learn more about Tiotropium.

Asthma, Maintenance 1 reviews 116 medications

COPD, Maintenance 62 reviews 46 medications

7.1
Summary of Tiotropium reviews 63 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Tiotropium

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "While using this med. I opened the top turned it sprayed while inhaling and it would not stop spraying almost choking me and taking my breath away I dropped it on the table and it continued spraying for about a minute. I called the company and after being transferred and 15 mins. later they were of no help whatsoever. I told the last girl I spoke their product sucks, it is obvious these people don't care what happens to anyone using their product. I will also be contacting FDA."

marr November 3, 2016

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "A prev smoker,I started on Advair 500 twice daily in 2010 after almost dying from being unable to breathe at all. After no serious improvement & being unable to hardly walk, I went on spiriva in April this year..Almost immed results..a HOME RUN!!! I now can walk at fairly good pace & for reasonable distance.I also continue on with Advair 500 morning/night.. Finally, I am living almost normal life...and NO EFFECTS!!"

42menssize September 24, 2016

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have taken Spiriva, more so in hot humid weather than in cooler weather, for 2 years and after 1 year did notice substantial difference in halos around lights especially driving at night, so much so, that I stopped driving at night. Last eye exam in March of this year indicates I have cataracts. I looked at full Spiriva Pharmaceutical description and in lab tests, this drug did cause cataracts in dogs. So, now I am up for cataract surgery. What does the FDA Protect?"

PG226 September 1, 2016

Spiriva Respimat (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have been using spiriva respimat for several months now for Copd. why is it important not to cover the vents on mouth piece which i have been doing ever since i been using it . my doctor never told me not to i just read about it recently. i really dont think that i have been benefiting from the inhaler that much. could this be the reason? i am not covering the vents any longer the information i read says not to but why . maybe people are using the same as i did hopefully this will help several people. thank you"

angel in heaven August 7, 2016

Spiriva Respimat (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I was prescribed Spiriva Respimat just three weeks ago and the results have been amazingly effective. I was a smoker from the age of 12 until the age of 71, and was finally able to quit 11 years ago. I have been suffering the effects of COPD for at least the last 3 or 4 years (maybe longer) but the condition has gone undiagnosed until very recently. I was unable to walk to my mailbox or take a shower without becoming extremely exhausted. I was constantly coughing up large amounts of phlegm, both day and night, making getting a good night's sleep difficult, if not impossible. I have not woken up once in the past two weeks to cough up phlegm, although I still cough up small amounts of phlegm during the day. I have not suffered any allergies."

Beryl Franklin (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Given me a better quality of life"

I love lucy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2016

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "threw new applicator away by mistake you will not send me a new one I had to wait 30 days before my insurance would let me get a new one so I'm out my money all I have is the cartridge with no way to use it I THINK YOUR ENGINEERS SUCK WHE FLO VENT IS SO SIMPLETO USE WH"

P O ED May 30, 2016

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "just diagnosed with COPD a few weeks ago. My GP put me on Spiriva Respimat Inhaler. In a few days I broke out with skin rash on my back, chest, upper arms.lower legs, etc. Immediately discontinued the Spiriva and was put on a different drug. No complications from the new drugs in the past 2 or 3 weeks so far."

zszszs May 24, 2016

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "very helpful for me. Some anxiety the first couple of months but none now. I havent breathed this well in years and have the results to prove it."

severe copd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 11, 2016

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "This is my second day with this drug and I can already see improvement in the quality of my life. First thing every morning out of bed, I had to go to the nebulizer in order to breathe after removing CPAP mask. Today I didn't have to use it at all. I haven't noticed any side effects and don't expect any."

Wayne1600 (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I was prescribed this because of asthma, and I have difficulty taking other inhalers because of side effects. I noticed within a few minutes, that my throat started to burn after using this med. IT seems to irritate my throat. I also have chest pain in my left breast, and difficulty sleeping. Because of these side effects, I am going to stop using it. I am beginning to suspect inhalers aren't going to work for me."

SereneNIght (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

Spiriva (tiotropium) for : "Man, my vision started getting blurry AND my voice got hoarse while using this. I teach, and need clear vision and a clear voice so I quit this stuff. I hated it."

ABlue (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2016

Spiriva Respimat (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "My problem is not with the medicine, but rather the inhaler itself. The Spiriva Respimat. Hate it with a passion! I've had to make three separate trips to the pharmacy to get a replacement. After the first time I was so careful to use it both, properly and carefully. Did it help? NO! And it is a waste of time, money and I'm unable to use the thing until I go to the pharmacist and get a replacement! Apparently, Kaiser insurance doesn't want to pay for any other Spiriva inhaler. I am currently trying to find where I can leave a formal complaint."

Cindelli (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance: "I have had intolerances to several inhalers. This is the first maintenance inhaler that I have been able to use with great success and NO side effects! It's the best thing I have found to control my asthma - ever!"

Dalton girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have been on Spiriva Respimat for about a year now for my COPD and it is still working very well! I do have to take my rescue inhaler more than I did when I first began the drug but I am still receiving great benefit from this medication and am so grateful it continues to improve my quality of life."

Mamasita1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2016

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Was prescribed Spiriva dry powder capsules in May of 2015, this was during a bout of atypical pneumonia which I had weeks before being prescribed Sprivia, and lingered for weeks after. As a result of the illness I suffered pulmonary exacerbation which brought about COPD symptoms to the point that now 8 months later I have to use Oxygen [2.LPM] 24/7. It has been taxing and shocking but the Spiriva along with Symicort [80/4.5] does help, I measure my O2 Blood saturation several times daily, I have experimented with halting one and both medications over small periods of times and have realized that I can do without the Symicort with not much variation in the O2 Saturation, bit when the Spiriva is halted for 48 hours the O2 Saturation drops"

Mr. Hoffman January 8, 2016

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I took this for 2 years and got a light wallet and lung cancer."

godbear December 27, 2015

Spiriva Respimat (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Ease of use is great. I used the capsule type for many years and hated it every morning. Removing capsule from package, inserting cap into device. It was difficult because I have tremors in hands."

Weldon Skinner (taken for 10 years or more) October 26, 2015

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Taking it now for almost a year can see very little benefit. Still get chest infections ,shortage of breath etc"

Brideog123 October 8, 2015

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Was prescribed Spiriva when ill with bronchitis (never prescribed a maintenance inhaler although have emphysema for 2 years-only used rescue inhaler). After 45 days of use experienced moderate to extreme coughing that did not produce mucus, dry mouth, cloudy urine, wheezing as though lungs were filled with cotton, heartburn, flushing, chills, shortness of breath. Still had to use rescue inhaler 3-4 times per day. Stopped use, all symptoms ceased. Will ask pulmonologist for another brand. Everyone's tolerance is different."

64 yr old female (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2015

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Almost drowned sitting up. Diagnosed with COPD. Leg cramps and back pain. Taking Spiriva and Symbicort Will try potassium pills to see if tired legs go away. Been taking Spiriva since last October 28. Im breathing ok. Not normal but ok. Haven't used rescue inhaler yet. I give myself oxygen therapy at night and a few blasts in the am. Breathing in thru nose and out with pursed lips to help . If you care about someone who smokes tell them how bad it is. It really sucks. It beats you up."

Quit Smoking Joe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2015

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Recently, I went to the emergency room with a blood pressure of 212 - 231 over 100 and pulse 68. Nothing was wrong physiologically, the ER doctor suggested reviewing my many medications with my primary doctor and cardiologist. I tend to be proactive and while doing this I dialed back my meds to the bare minimum which left blood pressure medication, aspirin and Asthma inhaler, thus eliminating my Spiriva despite not having any side effects. Today after a couple of days, off of Spiriva, I had real difficulty breathing and shall breathing, so much so that I cut my activities short to get home and rest. I reviewed the Spiriva side effects and applicable to me would be increased heart rate, and in my case a benefit. Can't live without Spiriva"

Don R (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2015

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Spiriva Respimat is amazing. It has made a huge quality of life difference for me. I haven't been able to breathe this well for years."

Mamasita1 March 23, 2015

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have been taking 18MCG caps evey morning for almost sixteen (16!) years. It, alondgwith 4 inhalations of 160/4.5 Symbicort, 2 w/the S. in morning, two in evening ,have helped manage my mid-level empysema all that time. Emphysema can and does kill, of course; and it does really not improve much if at all; quite the contrary. But my physicians and my personal discipline (rare, usually!) have helped me do rather nicely into my 86th year. (Cost depends on where I am in MedC Part D. $45/mo until donut hole, then closer to $250/mo."

Falco (taken for 10 years or more) March 2, 2015

Spiriva (tiotropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "The first few years, I didn't puff Spiriva daily, and I didn't think it worked. As my COPD got worse I used it daily. It took about 1 month to work, but it really helps."

Thor283 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 26, 2015