User Reviews for Axiron

Hypogonadism, Male 88 reviews 62 medications

7.5
Summary of Axiron reviews 88 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Axiron

For Hypogonadism, Male "I had used testosterone injection therapy with mixed results. My doctor was concerned about possible heart attacks in an article he read, so he switched me to Axiron. I took it 4 or 5 months. I did not find Axiron hard to apply other than waiting 3 minutes between deodorant and application. Sometimes, I felt a bit warm as far as body temperature afterwards. The problem was, it didn't work for me. Sexual function got worse and worse, and I just had a blood test where my testosterone was 105, horrendously low for mid 40's person. So basically, my body does not absorb it."

Brett77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male "I have been using Axiron for 3 months and have experienced no noticeable positive effects. Still have low libido, no morning erections, lack of penile sensitivity, weak orgasms and lethargy. Going to try injections ASAP."

DoesNotWork June 10, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male "As a not-so-active 54 year old male who is a non-smoker and relatively light social drinker, my T level had dropped to a pathetic 120. I had no mojo for anything and my doctor commented out load how she wondered how I got out of bed in the morning. After 3 years of Axiron therapy (underarm application) I am at a very comfortable 900. I feel so much better and while my marriage did not survive this condition, my girlfriend is enjoying the benefits of this replacement therapy. It works for me (and my woman!)."

C'mon Friday (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 8, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male "I am 42 and I have been on 60mg Axiron for 6 weeks. Initial total T was 240 with all the symptoms of low T. Today my total is 840 and free is 248. I feel fantastic. The first couple of days were tough as my body adjusted. The only down side for me is the minor alcohol irritation after application but well worth it. Initially starting this medication my skin was oily, libido was out of control, my facial hair seemed to grow in within minutes, I was retaining water and my scrotum shriveled up. After a week or so everything returned to "normal". No back hair or sudden muscle bulk. No gyno or roid rage. The product works great for me and I was shocked as it seems everyone likes bashing the topicals and raving about injections."

J73 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male "I have been suffering negative physical effects brought on by extremely low testosterone. Several months ago my doctor performed a blood test substantiating yet again this to be factual. CVS Caremark who is in bed with CalPERS created a situation where I was forced to use AXIRON. CVS Caremark basis for creating a situation where I was to use AXIRON to treat my low T is based on them changing their formularies. Their formularies and creating a situation where I was using AXIRON have caused me further physical harm. After several months of correctly applying AXIRON blood test substantiate that my testosterone levels dropped off substantially. I'm pissed off. AXIRON is a junk product. "

AXIRON is worthless February 25, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male "After first couple days, it felt as if it made a difference but that could've just been psychosomatic effects. Basically, I haven't noticed any improvements in myself. If anything I have had a slight decrease in my mood, energy levels and overall motivation. I will continue using the product for at least another month and in in the meantime get my levels checked to see if I'm getting any sort of benefit to using this product. I will provide an update by next month."

Eli7 February 11, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male "In October of 2015, I am 65, I had a low normal t level of 362 and low libido. My urologist prescribed Axiron, one swipe a day. After a month, it went up, but only to 429. He said I could move the dose up to two swipes a day. One month later, in mid December, my T level had gone down to 407. After some disappointment, I decided to keep at it for another month. Today, February 9,2016, I got the results of the lab work from last week. It is 407! I did not know why I was getting no results. Am I the only person who has gotten no response from this product?. What could account for this,even at increased dosage? I have heard of a nasal spray, but I don't know if it is available. Anyone with a like experience or suggestions"

Robertintennessee (taken for 10 years or more) February 9, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male "Axiron works great. After 2 months my my T levels were between 400 and 500. Sadly, my insurance won't cover it anymore and now I'm force to find a new option because I can't afford $500 a month out of pocket."

J J B (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male "severe blurred vision, frequent urination day & night, abdominal discomfort."

josephplus February 3, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male "After 3 months, I have seen no effects whatsoever, except for a slight increase in appetite. I have achieved no increase in weight loss despite strict diet and work-out regimes. No sexual desire increase. NO confidence or focus changes. Completely without benefit at this point in time."

JimmyOOOOOO November 20, 2015

For Hypogonadism, Male "This product has been wonderful. My energy has been restored, I have normal sexual function and desire and really have had no adverse side affects at all. My underarms that were never very hairy are now very hairy and my formerly smooth abdomen and stomach are now hairy, but other than that I've not had any side effects. All positive effects!"

AnonymousSC September 3, 2015

For Hypogonadism, Male "Wow, Had very low level. Doctor recommended Axiron, This has changed my sex drive for a 69 year old male. I notice the change with in a few weeks went to have sex two or three times a month to three to four times a week have more confidence. Take your time and give it a try."

Brian.. June 1, 2015

For Hypogonadism, Male "So far no side affects and a huge improvment in my sex drive and and less tired."

phill56 April 12, 2015

For Hypogonadism, Male "When i first started using axiron, it burned for a few minutes. I was afriad this would be the rest of my life. Nope! Two weeks later the burning stopped. I have tried testim, androgel and hated the messy applications, and feared spreading it on my nieces. This goes under my arm and I love it! It is worth the extra 30 dollars from my insurance. I do recommend!"

low T oib (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2015

For Hypogonadism, Male "I like this product, it's the only one that hasn't caused irritation. I do think I need the strength increased a little. I have noticed some change and It has raised my testosterone levels, but they are still not high enough. I still feel lousy. I high recommend it."

cvdixon3031 February 8, 2015

For Hypogonadism, Male "Hi, I am Brazilian. So, sorry about my English. I am 57 yo and I started to have a very hard anxiety and depression around 10 years ago. After a lot of diferent antidepressants and anxiolytic medicines that worsened or destroyed my sexual life for almost 10 years I found that I had hypogonadism. My doctor prescribed Axiron 6 months ago and my depression and anxiety simply disapeared and I have now a normal life, with much more energy and my sexual life is back. Axiron saved my life."

Joaofernandes (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2014

For Hypogonadism, Male "This product is easy to use. I was using the patch. It would come off. Now I don't have to worry about it."

iam410us (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2014

For Hypogonadism, Male "I am 70 and after blood test was told by my doctor that my testosterone level was very low compared to my last test 5 years earlier. I was not getting erections very much at all, could not get off when I did, was pretty stressed, irritable, and just not feeling very up. I've been on Axiron for 5 weeks and things have changed remarkably. I get horny a lot, get erections at least once a day (4 times one day), can have orgasms more often, feel more relaxed, less stressed out, and noticeably less irritable. I go back to the doctor in two weeks for the latest blood test results. The blood was drawn two weeks ago. I only have one complaint about the medicine...the cost. I'm not sure I can afford it continuously, and I don't have Medicare B."

Stanton D. June 9, 2014

For Hypogonadism, Male "I was on Axiron for 11 months using three pumps per day, after a while I began having adverse effects in the form of out of control libido and uncontrollable desires that I had never had before. During the time my Dr. never tested me so I have no idea where I was at. Some men may think this is ok, but the side effects on me where horrible."

Gilltoyed May 2, 2014

For Hypogonadism, Male "Having used Axiron for 20 months, I thought I'd let you know of my continued good feeling, no adverse effects, most things seem beneficial. I seem to have gotten a bit thicker in size, no increase in length however. My testicles, which shrunk in size at the beginning of treatment, seem to have returned to their original size, thankfully ! I now have a hairy belly, above my normal pubic area up to my navel... this area prior to treatment was as smooth as my palms and now I'm developing a happy trail. Perhaps I went through puberty with Low T levels.. my numbers have gone from 293 to 554 to 570 and last was 663. Two squirts daily, one applied approximately 7am after showering and again at 7pm."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2014

For Hypogonadism, Male "In 6 weeks from first using Axiron, my levels went from 236 to 375. No bad. To the people talking about testicular shrinkage - ask your doctor about HCG shots. I start them on Monday and they are supposed to totally alleviate that issue. I will report back after a month and let you know the results. Supposedly 30 days (once a day) is all it takes for most people to get them back to normal. You give them to yourself in the stomach. It isn't hard, I tested it with my doctor using some vitamin B."

DanXX January 23, 2014

For Hypogonadism, Male "I am 56 yo male and have been on shots and Axiron for 11 months and my testosterone levels are still around 150. Before I started any testosterone, I was at about 230, then after starting shots every 4 weeks my T-levels dropped and kept dropping to about 95 and recently went up to 150. The 200 mg shots are every three weeks now and Axiron daily 60 mg but still no major results except gaining weight and some muscle mass. All hormones were normal except FSH that was elevated. Don't know what the problem is because most people do well with shots and axiron."

not working yet (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 12, 2014

For Hypogonadism, Male "I've been using Axiron for a year now and have mostly enjoyed the results. My T level was 293 before starting Axiron & now is roughly 570 at quarterly blood tests. I've experienced the good results, alertness, happiness and an overall feeling of well being. I also take 125 mcg of Thyroid med every morning for hypothyroidism, my Cholestorol is 118, down from 400. I have no complaints about Axiron except what has happened to my testicles. They were big, and hung down nicely. I noticed after about 5 months on Axiron that they weren't hanging down as normal, but I chalked that up to age, more than using Axiron for my TRT..... after paying closer attention, I now have testicles that are about 60% of their pre-Axiron size. "

Axiron user December 5, 2013

For Hypogonadism, Male "45 year old male. Healthy but fat. Falling Libido, no energy, no joy of life, cranky, lack of focus and gaining weight. Fatigue so high it was hard to get out of bed. T levels 170. I have been on Axiron for 60 days. Wow what a difference. First few days I had some nausea and cramping, mood improvement was next followed by increased energy and screaming boost in libido. Wife now dreads the new me, she thought she was done running away and keeping me off her. Back in the Gym after 30 days. Still going 3 days a week doing 45 min of Cardio and 15 min weight lifting. Not a lot but for me its huge improvement. Insurace wants to talk to my Doctor about my need. This product is awesome and I will fight to keep it."

Happy Bears fan December 4, 2013

For Hypogonadism, Male "46 year old male - count 238. I pump under each arm. I've only been on this for 4 days now so I can't say how effective it is yet - I am having side effect after side effect however with each day being different. To sum it all up though: Nausea - day 1 and 2 Rapid heartbeat - Day 1 only Induced asthma attacks ( haven't had one in years) Days 1 and 2 Odd/sour taste in mouth - days 3 and 4 RAGE - day 4 (I wanted to drive over everyone on the highway!) and the worst: Day 4 - upper abdominal bloating. So bad it feels like someone added 50 pounds to my upper abs. Now it wasn't all bad - Day 3 I felt GREAT with the exception of the odd taste in my mouth. I told my doctor yesterday of the symptoms up to that point and he said they should pass"

Dan67 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2013