User Reviews for Axiron to treat Hypogonadism, Male

Axiron Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Hypogonadism, Male.

Reviews for Axiron

RaymondBaucum August 13, 2018

"I have low T - it came in at 160. I am 72 years of age been using Axiron for 7 months. My dose is 60mg per day which is 2 pumps. I raised my level to 530 which is so so for me since my testosterone level has always been 600-750 thru my late 50s & 60s and before it suddenly dropped to 160. I previously used the injections for the past 10 years which would raise my level to 1500-2000. At this level, I was physically much stronger & somewhat more energized. My assessment of Axiron is that it is OK that's about it. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate it 4-5. The injections are a definite 9-10. I would not pay the $500n per month for Axiron, however my insurance cover most of my copay is $24 per month."

Jader · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2018

"I was on androgel for 3 years and had marginal results with 4-6 pumps. I am now using Axiron (Axel-Rod) and within 2 days of 3 pumps of Axiron I noticed energy, sex drive, and the desire to do things like go girl watching at 46--then I remembered I was married. I am seriously impressed. The shots are hard on my heart as I have Premature atrial contractions (PACs) and Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) after administering. The application for me of Axl-Rod is messy - I use a glove and one pump at a time. The applicator is dumb. But, the product is awesome. Cheers"

Jimbo · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2018

"I am a 50 y/o male who was experiencing very low energy and libido. Even getting up off the sofa was like a chore. My primary doc did a testosterone test and I came in at 106. The doctor was stunned so he drew another blood sample. He called later in the week and said that I had dropped to 98. He immediately sent me to and endocrinologist who put me on Axiron. Did it for a month and felt no improvements and blood sample came in at a paltry 208. He wanted to go another month but I demanded going to testosterone cypionate injections. I now do one injection every week and immediately felt less lethargic and began to enjoy sex again. While I am glad that Axiron helps many men, it did ZERO for me."

LeeCjr. June 29, 2017

"I tried the shots , my wife grew weary of giving me the injections in my butt cheeks and my body didn't absorb them very well not to mention sometimes you get a dull batch of needles OUCH!! I tried the rub on gel packs they are weak and didn't work as advertised. AXIRON WORKS I noticed the effects almost immediately, I feel better, My mental state improved , my erections improved, my sex drive increased, I did experience some irritation under my pits but the symptom gradually got better and it wasn't annoying enough to make me stop using a product... The only product that WORKS! If you have low T give this medicine a try. It is expensive but worth it. I am going to try and find a coupon from the manufacturer to offset the price."

The Whiteman · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 30, 2017

"I started using Axiron 5 years ago. I didn't feel like myself. (I'm SUPER intense by nature). I saw my Dr and he gave me sample of Axiron. The affect was immediate. My energy levels skyrocketed and so did the hardness of my penis. My wife only complains now because I'm "like a 16 year old boy". BTW..I'm 45. Axiron has truly changed my life for the better."

Frederick 252122 January 28, 2017

"I have had great results with Axiron. My levels were at 320 and now at between 800-900 . I apply 60 MG of Axiron wait five minutes and then spray on the powdered Right Guard after the Axiron dry's. They recommend applying deodorant first but it is a lot of mess to clean up the deodorant of of the applicator."

KYBuck · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2016

"OK guys, time-out! I never thought I'd come to the defense of a consumer product, much less one that costs such an obscene amount of money, but: 1. There are a lot of guys on here complaining they had low testosterone (Low T) and giving their numbers before treatment. A large portion of them say Axiron took their numbers up into the 500 range. THIS IS WHAT THE DRUG IS SUPPOSED TO DO! If you're roughly between 348-1000, you're back to normal. Axiron worked. The fact that you still feel tired, or fatigued, or depressed is most likely due to other issues. I think there are too many guys on here expecting to take this drug and it turn them into the Hulk, make them happy all the time, and provide for them sex whenever they want it."

Brett77 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 19, 2016

"I had used testosterone injection therapy with mixed results. My doctor was concerned about possible heart attacks in an article he read, so he switched me to Axiron. I took it 4 or 5 months. I did not find Axiron hard to apply other than waiting 3 minutes between deodorant and application. Sometimes, I felt a bit warm as far as body temperature afterwards. The problem was, it didn't work for me. Sexual function got worse and worse, and I just had a blood test where my testosterone was 105, horrendously low for mid 40's person. So basically, my body does not absorb it."

DoesNotWork June 10, 2016

"I have been using Axiron for 3 months and have experienced no noticeable positive effects. Still have low libido, no morning erections, lack of penile sensitivity, weak orgasms and lethargy. Going to try injections ASAP."

C'mon Friday · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 8, 2016

"As a not-so-active 54 year old male who is a non-smoker and relatively light social drinker, my T level had dropped to a pathetic 120. I had no mojo for anything and my doctor commented out load how she wondered how I got out of bed in the morning. After 3 years of Axiron therapy (underarm application) I am at a very comfortable 900. I feel so much better and while my marriage did not survive this condition, my girlfriend is enjoying the benefits of this replacement therapy. It works for me (and my woman!)."

J73 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 29, 2016

"I am 42 and I have been on 60mg Axiron for 6 weeks. Initial total T was 240 with all the symptoms of low T. Today my total is 840 and free is 248. I feel fantastic. The first couple of days were tough as my body adjusted. The only down side for me is the minor alcohol irritation after application but well worth it. Initially starting this medication my skin was oily, libido was out of control, my facial hair seemed to grow in within minutes, I was retaining water and my scrotum shriveled up. After a week or so everything returned to "normal". No back hair or sudden muscle bulk. No gyno or roid rage. The product works great for me and I was shocked as it seems everyone likes bashing the topicals and raving about injections."

Eli7 February 11, 2016

"After first couple days, it felt as if it made a difference but that could've just been psychosomatic effects. Basically, I haven't noticed any improvements in myself. If anything I have had a slight decrease in my mood, energy levels and overall motivation. I will continue using the product for at least another month and in in the meantime get my levels checked to see if I'm getting any sort of benefit to using this product. I will provide an update by next month."

Robertintennessee · Taken for 10 years or more February 9, 2016

"In October of 2015, I am 65, I had a low normal t level of 362 and low libido. My urologist prescribed Axiron, one swipe a day. After a month, it went up, but only to 429. He said I could move the dose up to two swipes a day. One month later, in mid December, my T level had gone down to 407. After some disappointment, I decided to keep at it for another month. Today, February 9,2016, I got the results of the lab work from last week. It is 407! I did not know why I was getting no results. Am I the only person who has gotten no response from this product?. What could account for this,even at increased dosage? I have heard of a nasal spray, but I don't know if it is available. Anyone with a like experience or suggestions"

J J B · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2016

"Axiron works great. After 2 months my my T levels were between 400 and 500. Sadly, my insurance won't cover it anymore and now I'm force to find a new option because I can't afford $500 a month out of pocket."

josephplus February 3, 2016

"severe blurred vision, frequent urination day & night, abdominal discomfort."

JimmyOOOOOO November 20, 2015

"After 3 months, I have seen no effects whatsoever, except for a slight increase in appetite. I have achieved no increase in weight loss despite strict diet and work-out regimes. No sexual desire increase. NO confidence or focus changes. Completely without benefit at this point in time."

AnonymousSC September 3, 2015

"This product has been wonderful. My energy has been restored, I have normal sexual function and desire and really have had no adverse side affects at all. My underarms that were never very hairy are now very hairy and my formerly smooth abdomen and stomach are now hairy, but other than that I've not had any side effects. All positive effects!"

Brian.. June 1, 2015

"Wow, Had very low level. Doctor recommended Axiron, This has changed my sex drive for a 69 year old male. I notice the change with in a few weeks went to have sex two or three times a month to three to four times a week have more confidence. Take your time and give it a try."

phill56 April 12, 2015

"So far no side affects and a huge improvment in my sex drive and and less tired."

low T oib · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 25, 2015

"When i first started using axiron, it burned for a few minutes. I was afriad this would be the rest of my life. Nope! Two weeks later the burning stopped. I have tried testim, androgel and hated the messy applications, and feared spreading it on my nieces. This goes under my arm and I love it! It is worth the extra 30 dollars from my insurance. I do recommend!"

cvdixon3031 February 8, 2015

"I like this product, it's the only one that hasn't caused irritation. I do think I need the strength increased a little. I have noticed some change and It has raised my testosterone levels, but they are still not high enough. I still feel lousy. I high recommend it."

Joaofernandes · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 24, 2014

"Hi, I am Brazilian. So, sorry about my English. I am 57 yo and I started to have a very hard anxiety and depression around 10 years ago. After a lot of diferent antidepressants and anxiolytic medicines that worsened or destroyed my sexual life for almost 10 years I found that I had hypogonadism. My doctor prescribed Axiron 6 months ago and my depression and anxiety simply disapeared and I have now a normal life, with much more energy and my sexual life is back. Axiron saved my life."

iam410us · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2014

"This product is easy to use. I was using the patch. It would come off. Now I don't have to worry about it."

Stanton D. June 9, 2014

"I am 70 and after blood test was told by my doctor that my testosterone level was very low compared to my last test 5 years earlier. I was not getting erections very much at all, could not get off when I did, was pretty stressed, irritable, and just not feeling very up. I've been on Axiron for 5 weeks and things have changed remarkably. I get horny a lot, get erections at least once a day (4 times one day), can have orgasms more often, feel more relaxed, less stressed out, and noticeably less irritable. I go back to the doctor in two weeks for the latest blood test results. The blood was drawn two weeks ago. I only have one complaint about the medicine...the cost. I'm not sure I can afford it continuously, and I don't have Medicare B."

Gilltoyed May 2, 2014

"I was on Axiron for 11 months using three pumps per day, after a while I began having adverse effects in the form of out of control libido and uncontrollable desires that I had never had before. During the time my Dr. never tested me so I have no idea where I was at. Some men may think this is ok, but the side effects on me where horrible."