User Reviews for Telmisartan (Page 3)

Also known as: Micardis

Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease 6.0
High Blood Pressure 5.9
Summary of Telmisartan reviews 5.9 60 reviews

Reviews for Telmisartan

Couch Potato April 26, 2010

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I had taken Micardis for about 3 years, starting from 40mg and recently 80mg. My doctor said the drug also helped prevent cardiovascular disease. The initial 40mg went well without any side effects. Blood pressure was consistently 130-140/80-90. A few months ago when I turned 38, during my routine blood pressure checks, I noticed that it was 140-150/90-100 even with the 40mg pill. Monitored this for about 2 weeks and it remained thereabouts. After consulting my doctor, he recommended a higher dosage of 80mg. It worked, and the pressure stabilized at 70-90/120-140. However, I did notice a slight discomfort in my respiratory tract or somewhat a mile heartburn (I think!).”

Tenn. November 23, 2009

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I have tried: Toporol XL, Coreg & Diovan all of these controlled my Blood pressure. But all had more side effects than I thought was reasonable. When I started Micardis I had some dizziness the first week. I now feel the best I have felt since starting blood pressure medication. My pressure is now 125-130/70-80.”

just a person November 16, 2009

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I have done much better on Micardis than on the other one I used to take, Cozaar. Micardis lasts longer and seems to get my pressure way down. I'd say all in all I'm very pleased. My doctor said It's a great drug.”

Anonymous October 21, 2009

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I've been on Micardis for about a year because I complained about the side effects of Accupril (dizziness). The Micardis is better but I stay around 140/90. I've noticed a reduction in sex drive since starting this drug, all else seems okay. I'm 35 years old.”

ghost52005 July 28, 2009

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Taking Micardis, sotalol, norvasc and still run 140 over 90 to 110 blood pressure. Been on this for years with different doctors. They help but never get me normal blood pressure.”

Anonomys July 24, 2009

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Soon after starting Micardis I suffered from dizziness, nausea, irritability and I had no energy. It continued, then I started shortness of breath. Was told by my doctor it was not the medication. I went to a cardiologist and she kept me on it and put me on Imdur. Then severe headaches occurred. I'm now going natural and taking my chances.”

Anonymous June 26, 2009

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I started on Micardis 80mg, good for reducing my blood pressure, but I had bad vertigo, dizzy, had too lie down, felt sickly and had cold sweats. Did not agree with me. Reduced it to 1/2 a 40mg tablet. Felt okay for a day then had vertigo again. Stopped taking tablets.”

Cook4danavy April 4, 2009

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Micardis has stabilized my blood pressure. I can't take the Micardis with HCT because I have had problems with my kidneys. I do feel less patient and irritable to my wife and kids.”

billgary March 18, 2009

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “At one time I was taking as much as 5 different blood pressure medicines at a time trying to find something that would lower it from around 200/110. After a year of that I changed doctors and I was given Micardis HCT 80/12.5. That was four or five years ago and my BP is now averaging 128/74. If there are any side effects I sure haven't noticed.”

Anonymous July 5, 2008

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Have been taking 80mg for 3 days. Swollen ankles feet are better but have dry mouth and am very irritable - little patience. ”

The Highwayman June 17, 2008

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Fantastic. Suffered minor heart attack several years ago at 37 years old, am now 41 years old. Recently started having severe chest pain and was put on Micardis 80mg, after being admitted to hospital, suspected heart attack (pain was that bad), luckly , no heart attack this time and blood pressure dropped from 196 to 125 after a couple of weeks. Feel a lot better. Now on the 40mg dose.”