User Reviews for Telmisartan (Page 2)

Also known as: Micardis

Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease 6.0
High Blood Pressure 5.9
Summary of Telmisartan reviews 5.9 60 reviews

Reviews for Telmisartan

Karherine · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2017

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “My experience has been one of falling over if I get up too quickly. Bent down to clean the floor after had dropped some food. Fell and hurt my ribs. Stopped taking Micardis the falling stopped. Have recently gone back on it and have had two falls.”

joeyjojo · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 12, 2017

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I suspect causation between Micardis (40mg) and BPPV. I've missed my dose a couple of times, blood pressure rocked up to 140/90's and I felt great the following day. Normally BP is 120/80's on 40mg but I feel like crap with a general level of dizzyness through the day. Sparadoic episodes but this BPPV episode has lasted 6 months now. Worse in morning and means lying down/standing up takes special headmoves to minimise dizzy episode.”

dickfortakingit August 17, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “It does lower blood pressure, but my memory is bad, even with 20 triggers to remember I just move on and forget. I have aches and pains like an old man and every so often it feels like the alien is busting outa my chest. Sleep is no problem as I can drop off in a second. I now have a low low tolerance to alcohol and don't drink at all and feel like i have hangover. I can still function sexually but have taken an ED pill and blood pressure dropped to 63. OMG. I don't think this is me so I will try a beta blocker as I think I have stress related \BP”

Antiqqueen · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2017

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “This medicine is AWFUL. Feet, ankles, bottom of legs & hands are swelling. Did not have this on Benicar..Calling Dr tomorrow for change”

Viren papa · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “Hello. I have been using telmikind CR 40mg due to high BP. But since I have been taking it my BP is on lower side now but I got the side effect of decreased sex drive to the point it was almost completely gone. I visited my MD than he suggested to change telmikind to another strength. I hope it will work without the side effects.”

Lou22 January 5, 2017

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I have been on Micardis 40mg then 80mg for the last 10 years. My blood pressure hovers around 140-150/90-95. I am 5'11" and weigh 105kg. I've not had any major side effects that I can tell, but recently in the last 1 year when I turned 44, I started to experience insomnia. At first it was for a few days, then weeks. The longest bout of insomnia I had was 5 weeks where I couldn't sleep (tossing/turning) until 5-6am. Thereafter I could sleep for about 2 or 3 hours before I had to get up for work. I've checked some medical websites and apparently telemisartan drugs like Micardis may cause insomnia.”

Joe9249 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 7, 2016

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Works great. No known side effects at all.”

mdshaffer · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 24, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “Developed essential stage 1 hypertension of 150-160/90-100 at age 57. Tried Lisinopril 10mg which is the gold standard in the ACE Inhibitor class but immediately developed a gagging cough and had to stop. Next logical step was to try an Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB) so switched to Telmisartan 20mg but dosage was ineffective. Upped it to 40mg and BP now averages 130/85 which is acceptable for my age. I have a medical background and have read all studies published in refereed professional journals of which there are numerous blind and controlled. Still, always be vigilant for side effects from any long term drug as they can occur without warning at any time. When it comes to essential hypertension, this is as good as it gets!”

One who cares. March 29, 2016

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I am fifty-nine years old, I have been on 40mg of Micardis for over five years now, it does control my blood pressure, but the side effects include the following. When first subscribed Micardis, leg pains were like charlie horses, lasted about 7 months, mostly at night. For the last 2 years, my insomnia is getting worse, so I started taking 2000mg of vitamin D3 that helps with insomnia, now I'm dealing with the constant coughing mostly at night. I will meet with my cardiologist within the next week, will ask for another blood pressure med.”

Ceecee70 January 25, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “Roach in bubblepack. If I had ingested it with my immune system I would have died. ”

Marley farley November 26, 2015

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Ive been on this tablet for 3 years now and whilst it was an initial improvement to what I had been prescribed previously its side effects do build up over time. Joint and bone aches. Memory loss,fatigue, itchy tired dry eyes, weight gain, sugar cravings, raynauds syndrome , nails and hair very slow growing.Oh and yeah I looked up what it contains and im horrified to see sodium hydroxide =caustic soda (drain cleaner) .”

Kath Wilson · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 7, 2015

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I have been taking this medication for about 3 months now and don't think I can stand the side effects any longer. I am constantly itchy -everywhere -new rashes appear constantly. My eyes are red, swollen and itchy to the point where it now looks like I have healing black eyes. Blood pressure down but side effects are too much.”

cherdo · Taken for 10 years or more November 20, 2014

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I love it. No side effects. Tried others because of insurance. All had lots of side effects. I'm really upset because insurance companys are dropping it. I can't take the generic for it. Made me sick as a dog with severe muscle pain.”

NDragonne April 20, 2014

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Extreme fatigue, unclear thinking, aches, irritability, dizziness.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more February 5, 2014

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Been on Micardis 40 mg for over 10 years, have had absolutely no side affects. Blood pressure is perfect, sometimes lower than 120/80.”

coinneachfitzpatrick · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: “I've tried pretty much all of the usual medications to manage my blood pressure since being diagnosed with malignant hypertension (200/130) about three years ago, and none of them did more than just take the edge off and caused new and "interesting" side effects. My Dr. suggested Micardis about four months ago, and my blood pressure has been consistently 100-110/60-70 ever since. No side effects.”

Nibbleweed · Taken for less than 1 month March 28, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: “I've only been on telmisartan for a couple of days, but it has lowered my blood pressure substantially with no side effects. Hopefully it will continue.”

C1orrect · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 2, 2012

For Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: “I have been on Micardis HCT (telmisartan/hydrocholorothiazide) for over 5 years. Lately my urine output has been less and I've developed a cough and leg cramp. The leg cramp I assumed was from strain from exercise and the cough from dust due to construction work in the neighborhood. However, after both conditions subsided the symptoms were still there. I checked the post marketing experience for Micardis and these symptoms were adverse signs. Will consult with my physician as the warning says these symptoms should be reported immediately.”

Anonymous January 6, 2012

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I'm white male, 53 yrs old, 5'11" and 185 lbs. I just discovered that I had High Blood Pressure about a month ago during a wellness checkup. The nurse took my blood pressure 4 times on the right arm and 3 more on the left. I was running about 180 /120. After she told me that she'd seen 400 lb men with better numbers than that I decided to see my MD. I've been on Micardis almost 30 days and it seems to have lowered it to the 140/90 range. I also was put on Bystolic just 5 days ago due to a rapid pulse of 100 bpm. Now down to 75-80. The only side effects have been occasional dizziness and some sharp pain in my hip when I move just so. I did have a scary tightening of the chest and shortness of breath the other day. It seemed to pass in about 2 mins.”

Anonymous December 24, 2011

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I have been on Micardis for more than six months without any major side effects and my blood pressure has been fairly under control, except for a few spikes from time to time.”

dudy March 23, 2011

Micardis (telmisartan): “I took Micardis on and off for over two years. It caused me to have leg cramps. It controlled my blood pressure, but I would avoid taking it at times because of the leg cramps. I developed severe hip and leg pains, which I think may have been caused by the Micardis. I have switched to another blood pressure medicine in the last couple of months and I'm hoping the hip and leg pains will continue to subside.”

Anonymous October 8, 2010

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I started on Micardis 4 months ago, the first month it didn't seem to help, the second month it controlled my high blood pressure perfectly, then the third month I started getting horrible side effects. My left arm would go numb and tingly, I had horrible headaches, insomnia, diarrhea and chest pains. I was exhausted all the time yet I couldn't sleep, had terrible nightmares. The pills work great for controlling my blood pressure but the side effects are awful!”

Anonymous August 2, 2010

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I took this medicine 2 years ago for about a month because of my other hypertension medicines were causing rashes. After a couple of medicines were recommended, I took Micardis and although it lowered my pressure some, I was waking up every two hours at night. So I switched to several other medications that also did not work well. I told my MD I would try Micardis again because the side effects were less than all other medicines I had tried. So far (8 months) my pressure is better and the insomnia is workable and not so constant.”

Anonymous July 27, 2010

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “On starting 40 mg Micardis experienced severe dizziness that lasted about a month, eventually subsiding. Okay for another 4 months then started to have burning and pain in feet and lower legs especially at bedtime. Had to stop even though was doing a good job with blood pressure. Now taking Diovan and doing well.”

rolandcooke July 10, 2010

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Started using Micardis HCT 40mg only 3 days ago, as an initial treatment for high blood pressure. No drastic side effects yet, except for slight dizziness, and abdominal pain related to gas (once). I am worried about sexual issues, since there are lots of reports going around saying that Micardis may hamper erectile function. Other reports say exactly the opposite! Will have to test this on a long-time basis. All in all, seems pretty good.”