User Reviews for Telmisartan systemic

Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease

1 review 7 medications
Summary of Telmisartan reviews 6.7 42 reviews

Reviews for Telmisartan

For High Blood Pressure: "Side effects were headaches, tendonitis, chest pain, diarrhea and depression."

Lolli September 18, 2018

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Have taken micardis for the 1st time as prescribed by my cardiologist in almost 1 week now and so far so good since I felt no side effect except for a diarrhea for the 1st 2 days"

Tokzkie824 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Same as some of the others. It's the fourth week and dizziness, shallow breathing till noon and BP around 118/77. I took it as my BP spiked in gym while doing HIIT."

sid` (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I am 64 year old white male that is very healthy, DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet and am 163 lbs at 69". Have been taking 20mg nightly for about a month. I was very concerned that I was having a reaction to Telmisartan initially, but decided to stay the course. My BP settled in to 133/80. I take the lowest dose that gets you in the acceptable range. I take it at night before going to bed. My side effects are: Morning grogginess up to lunchtime, slight tinnitus, mental sharpness. I am noticing that it does take time to adjust to this medication."

MojoMater March 21, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I’m 44. I was taking micardis 40mg for the past two months without much problem except ocassional weird pressure in my head and diarrhea. It lowered my bp very well to 120/80 and below. But that could also due to me losing weight healthily and exercising for the past two months. The third month was horrible. My anxiety level went skyrocket, I had fatigue, pressure in my head and all over the body, weak feeling in my knees and elbows. I was admitted for two days due to palpitation which was ruled out as anxiety after my echo/stress test/holter/ blood test came back fine. While wearing the holter I was 100% sure I was having palpitation but the result was otherwise. Now four days without micardis, I am still battling the withdrawal symptom. I am the unlucky one with bp medications, tried amlodipine before and had to go thru 3 weeks of terrible withdrawal symptoms."

AngieMet (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Absolutely awful!! Didn't realise how bad it was. Have been on 40 mg for years along with 10 mg of Felodipine, and still blood pressure a problem 180/100 and even higher. Put the Telmisartan up to 80 mg and still blood pressure coming in at dangerous levels. Developed a constant cough since medication upped. Not sleeping. Exhausted, nightmares, back pain, headaches etc. GP decided to stop the Telmisartan and what do you know, been off it all together for two weeks now and blood pressure 117/120 over 65/70. Absolutely normal. The Telmisartan was actually INCREASING my blood pressure. Should have realised the amount of times I have been hospitalised for my blood pressure and whilst they sort out medication have gone as much as 3 days without any medication and NORMAL blood pressure..Work that one out. I'm in the UK , not USA but medication is the same everywhere."

Anonymous January 31, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have unbelievable back pain, insomnia, leg pain, swelling face and hands and feet , tinnitus. It is a horrible medication and when asking the pharmacy if these reactions could be from this drug she said no! Unreal"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2018

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "My experience has been one of falling over if I get up too quickly. Bent down to clean the floor after had dropped some food. Fell and hurt my ribs. Stopped taking Micardis the falling stopped. Have recently gone back on it and have had two falls."

Karherine (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2017

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I suspect causation between Micardis (40mg) and BPPV. I've missed my dose a couple of times, blood pressure rocked up to 140/90's and I felt great the following day. Normally BP is 120/80's on 40mg but I feel like crap with a general level of dizzyness through the day. Sparadoic episodes but this BPPV episode has lasted 6 months now. Worse in morning and means lying down/standing up takes special headmoves to minimise dizzy episode."

joeyjojo (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "It does lower blood pressure, but my memory is bad, even with 20 triggers to remember I just move on and forget. I have aches and pains like an old man and every so often it feels like the alien is busting outa my chest. Sleep is no problem as I can drop off in a second. I now have a low low tolerance to alcohol and don't drink at all and feel like i have hangover. I can still function sexually but have taken an ED pill and blood pressure dropped to 63. OMG. I don't think this is me so I will try a beta blocker as I think I have stress related \BP"

dickfortakingit August 17, 2017

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "This medicine is AWFUL. Feet, ankles, bottom of legs & hands are swelling. Did not have this on Benicar..Calling Dr tomorrow for change"

Antiqqueen (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Hello. I have been using telmikind CR 40mg due to high BP. But since I have been taking it my BP is on lower side now but I got the side effect of decreased sex drive to the point it was almost completely gone. I visited my MD than he suggested to change telmikind to another strength. I hope it will work without the side effects."

Viren papa (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Micardis 40mg then 80mg for the last 10 years. My blood pressure hovers around 140-150/90-95. I am 5'11" and weigh 105kg. I've not had any major side effects that I can tell, but recently in the last 1 year when I turned 44, I started to experience insomnia. At first it was for a few days, then weeks. The longest bout of insomnia I had was 5 weeks where I couldn't sleep (tossing/turning) until 5-6am. Thereafter I could sleep for about 2 or 3 hours before I had to get up for work. I've checked some medical websites and apparently telemisartan drugs like Micardis may cause insomnia."

Lou22 January 5, 2017

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Works great. No known side effects at all."

Joe9249 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Developed essential stage 1 hypertension of 150-160/90-100 at age 57. Tried Lisinopril 10mg which is the gold standard in the ACE Inhibitor class but immediately developed a gagging cough and had to stop. Next logical step was to try an Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB) so switched to Telmisartan 20mg but dosage was ineffective. Upped it to 40mg and BP now averages 130/85 which is acceptable for my age. I have a medical background and have read all studies published in refereed professional journals of which there are numerous blind and controlled. Still, always be vigilant for side effects from any long term drug as they can occur without warning at any time. When it comes to essential hypertension, this is as good as it gets!"

mdshaffer (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2016

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I am fifty-nine years old, I have been on 40mg of Micardis for over five years now, it does control my blood pressure, but the side effects include the following. When first subscribed Micardis, leg pains were like charlie horses, lasted about 7 months, mostly at night. For the last 2 years, my insomnia is getting worse, so I started taking 2000mg of vitamin D3 that helps with insomnia, now I'm dealing with the constant coughing mostly at night. I will meet with my cardiologist within the next week, will ask for another blood pressure med."

One who cares. March 29, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Roach in bubblepack. If I had ingested it with my immune system I would have died. "

Ceecee70 January 25, 2016

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Ive been on this tablet for 3 years now and whilst it was an initial improvement to what I had been prescribed previously its side effects do build up over time. Joint and bone aches. Memory loss,fatigue, itchy tired dry eyes, weight gain, sugar cravings, raynauds syndrome , nails and hair very slow growing.Oh and yeah I looked up what it contains and im horrified to see sodium hydroxide =caustic soda (drain cleaner) ."

Marley farley November 26, 2015

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking this medication for about 3 months now and don't think I can stand the side effects any longer. I am constantly itchy -everywhere -new rashes appear constantly. My eyes are red, swollen and itchy to the point where it now looks like I have healing black eyes. Blood pressure down but side effects are too much."

Kath Wilson (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2015

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I love it. No side effects. Tried others because of insurance. All had lots of side effects. I'm really upset because insurance companys are dropping it. I can't take the generic for it. Made me sick as a dog with severe muscle pain."

cherdo (taken for 10 years or more) November 20, 2014

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Extreme fatigue, unclear thinking, aches, irritability, dizziness."

NDragonne April 20, 2014

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Been on Micardis 40 mg for over 10 years, have had absolutely no side affects. Blood pressure is perfect, sometimes lower than 120/80."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) February 5, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "I've tried pretty much all of the usual medications to manage my blood pressure since being diagnosed with malignant hypertension (200/130) about three years ago, and none of them did more than just take the edge off and caused new and "interesting" side effects. My Dr. suggested Micardis about four months ago, and my blood pressure has been consistently 100-110/60-70 ever since. No side effects."

coinneachfitzpatrick (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "I've only been on telmisartan for a couple of days, but it has lowered my blood pressure substantially with no side effects. Hopefully it will continue."

Nibbleweed (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2013

For Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: "I have been on Micardis HCT (telmisartan/hydrocholorothiazide) for over 5 years. Lately my urine output has been less and I've developed a cough and leg cramp. The leg cramp I assumed was from strain from exercise and the cough from dust due to construction work in the neighborhood. However, after both conditions subsided the symptoms were still there. I checked the post marketing experience for Micardis and these symptoms were adverse signs. Will consult with my physician as the warning says these symptoms should be reported immediately."

C1orrect (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 2, 2012