User Reviews for Nucynta

Learn more about Nucynta.

Nucynta Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1857 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Nucynta to treat Pain

"Not effective as oxycodone"

John b42 April 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed this pill for pain after a surgery and it did absolutely nothing. After my first dose, I had a grand mal seizure and I was then diagnosed with epilepsy. This pill brought out the epilepsy in me that I never knew I had. DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL."

Rachelnicolette April 11, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have found the Nucynta ER 150 mg to work well on my Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) (or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome - CRPS) in conjunction with a compound medication to give it a little extra kick, but it does not touch my severe arthritis pain I have in my ankle joints."

fizzledout March 23, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Taking for herniated discs in my neck which cause migraines. Cannot take codeine because it makes me want to itch my skin right off my skin. This one made me vomit and gave me the worst migraine I've ever had in my life the first 2 times I took it. After that, made sure I took it with food. No negative side effects since., and now I don't even have to take it with food. Definitely works better than anything else I've taken, especially since I can't take codeine."

CokoPicasso (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been taken Nucynta 100 mgs twice a day and 50mgs of the IR three times a day. Before that I was taking Percocet 10/325 4/day and OxyContin 20mgs just at night. The first day of taking Nucynta, I had a headache, probably from the norprenephrine. However, today it has been nothing but great. I have a bad back which it helps tremendously (as did the Percocet) but I also have severe neuropathy in my calf and right foot. For those, Percocet didn't help too much. As far as pain relief goes, it has been excellent. In fact, for the first time in literally 5 years, I only had to take 2 of the instant release instead of 3 that I'm prescribed. It definitely is a unique opioid though. I think it's great though!"

Kyle ATX (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have severe back pain and have been prescribed norco 10 Mg 6x day for almost two years. I moved and got in with a new doctor. She prefers a conservative approach since I am young and there is risk for addiction with opiates. I am on Nucynta 100 mg IR and it works great. There really is no change in the way it helps with pain or makes me feel from the norco. I like the nucynta better personally. Only con is that it is expensive and insurance does not want to cover it."

RBrody (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was put on nucynta 100 mg every six hours for a two week trial after 60 mg of morphine long term use and tolerance. I have had major hot flashes, headaches, nausea At first I thought maybe the conversation wasn't done correctly but this medicine just flat out does not work for me at all. I woke up with night sweats, had to go to the bathroom and couldn't go. I'd rather go back on the morphine and adjust the dosage up. They can have this drug."

Jam10307 January 4, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"A friend gave me two 50 mg and said it was good pain pill, but I took both of them and it did NOTHING! What a waste!"

Larlee76 (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was put on this so called pain medication 2 days ago. I have dealt with the hot flashes, which was no fun. Today , I'm breaking out all over my body, having serious diarrhea , and had to take Zofran from puking. I felt I was out in left field somewhere roaming around when I was on it and did not like the feeling. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Nucynta has been effective for pain management..... But I have developed constipation and prolonged yeast infections."

Carlita1979 December 11, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have severe, constant pain following 4 serious car accidents (none my fault) over 14 years. I was taking Oxycontin 10 mg x5 per day and my Dr. recommend I try Nucynta. I don't know why. It was more expensive and not available in a generic form. After three days I felt it was less effective in controlling my pain. On the fourth day I woke up and felt I had nothing to live for and my life had no meaning. I have depression and PTSD caused by the accidents but these conditions are well controlled by other medications. I normally don't have these thoughts. I beleived this was a side effect of the Nucynta so I immediately stopped taking it and those thoughts went away right after."

senecawoman5 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This has worked great for me. Manages my pain well and my only side effect is feeling sleepy towards evening. I've taken it for over four years and am now reducing daily dosage with pain still managed well."

CDM4 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 11, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have severe IC. This is the only Med that my Urologist will prescribe for my 9/10 pain. I take 50mg 3x/day. It does lower pain level to a 1/2. However I get headaches and just a bit "foggy". All things considered though I cannot function with the pain so I have to tolerate these side effects in order to live a "normal" life. Norco did work better but my MD will no longer prescribe that due to addiction possibilities."

BroncosFan6761 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have a form of muscular dystrophy and take this for my chronic severe pain. I've been on the immediate release 2x 50 mg a day. It is a miracle for me. I can function way better than I could on norco or oxy and it works way better for managing my pain than lesser pain killers like ultram. I've tried both the ER and IR and found the ER to not be as effective for me. nucynta IR has seriously given me more quality of life. The only downside for me is there is not yet a generic available and it's extremely expensive (even with insurance)."

Twenty something chronic pain (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 3, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL...!! IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS PLAY IT SAVE!!! THIS PILL gave me brain fog after only a few days... my pain INCREASED!!!! I was in so much pain my husband couldn't touch me!! Pain from head to toe... when I stopped taking it, within one day I was back to my normal fibromyalgia pain .., I was starting to think being dead would be better than feeling like that all the time !! BE VERY CAREFUL!!!"

Dennypig (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on 100 mg Nucynta 4x a day for several years. Took a long time for me to grow used to it but alas.. i did. And you will. I never had any side effects at all and this med initially controlled the pain from a level 2 fusion, facet joint arthritis of the spine, 5 exploratory wrist surgeries and some other things but didn't last long.. I have never tried any other narcotic for pain and have decided since opiates have gotten so badly out of hand lately and the laws are going to be majorly tightening on them soon that I am not refilling the Nucynta this time. I am going off the pain killers cold turkey. Good luck to you all with your pain and finding what works for you all."

Tracy210T (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 24, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on so many hydrocodone & oxicodone strengths & combinations that have given me, on a scale of 0 - 10, a 3 at best. I have degenerative disc disease, bulging discs, and hip/SI joint pain from ankylosing spondylitis. I don't take it every day, but as I need to. That should say something right there! I take the 50mg, up to 2x/day. It didn't make me sick to my stomach either. I will add one caveat - I have not gotten any migraine relief, which is what it was originally prescribed for."

Lady Anne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on nucynta 150mg for months, I feel no relief of my pain, which is sever in my back. This drugs doesn't even make me sleepy, it's as if I'm taking nothing! I feel it is worthless as a form of pain management!"

Christine Lynn August 23, 2016

"ok"

lacys August 20, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was put on this medication and taken off hydromorphone. It was horrible! I was given 50mg three times a day. I had hot flashes, restless leg syndrome, headaches and blurred vision. The blurred vision was so bad it was making me dizzy. It also made me so weak and washed out feeling that I could hardly make it through the day. I went back to my pain doctor to complain about this medication and she put me back on the hydromorphone which was working perfectly in the first place!"

Horrible Hannah (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After 10 years of a combination of treatments that included fentanyl 100mcg every 72 hrs and dilaudid 2mg 4x prn daily with injections, facet, and nerve block. I was diagnosed with Ms in early 2014 on top of a major back injury and a decade of chronic pain. I moved to a different state and was taken off these meds without taper so I not only went through withdrawal but was sent Into a Ms relapse. I was put on nucynta and was experiencing major headaches, disorientation, flushing, dizziness,and more.. After my husband thinking maybe my blood pressure was elevated I took my blood pressure and discovered it was dangerously low, 75/35! When between doses my readings we're a normal 110/72 but no more than 15 minutes after it dropped again!"

TN in pain (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"For fibromyalgia - This drug did absolutely nothing for me, like taking a placebo pill. No pain relief WHATSOEVER. I was tried on 200mg ER. I noticed that after about an hour and a half after taking a dose, I would pass out asleep for about an hour and then wake up not remembering that I even fell asleep. Very strange. I'd wake up in full blown pain and I also had stomach cramps which made my pain levels and overall experience much worse. I was so hopeful for this drug because it's said to treat diabetic neuropathy which I also have in addition to the fibromyalgia but it didn't do anything at all to relieve my pain. You'd be better off taking Tylenol instead of this, that's how terrible it is."

Vee12 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on Fentanyl patches (100 mcg) for a decade with Methadose for breakthrough. The Methadose was discontinued when our state legislature decided they'd place a cap on the daily dose for opioids. Fentanyl was nothing short of miraculous for spinal pain, but it didn't touch the pain in my bones. My physician added Nucynta recently. I had serious doubts, but I discover the Nucynta worked. Something nothing else had done. I had to fight to for MONTHS get it approved (covered). Eventually, it was approved. But only for a year. We'll be forced to fight it out once more next Spring. :( No side effects at all!"

XenaBard (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took 150 mg x 2 daily of nucynta for full body stabbing pain and it didn't even help one bit for the pain. I do not recommend this drug to anyone, it is a waste of time , money and it doesn't work for moderate to severe pain. There was a survey on Facebook the other day in a support group and nucynta helped only 1 in 10 people for there pain. The only positive side it had no side effects for me but I rather had it made me sleepy and help my pain then waste my time and money. Disgrace of a pill"

Kurtfen (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Run from it. Ive been taking it for four years.more u take the more u have to have. Its synthetic and very addictive. 100mg.tab equils 40 mg.morphine. i was taking 6 per day it dulls the pain but it dulls ur mind too.im off it now and i feel alive and most of my back pain is starting to subside.i take mobic, and im great. When i got hurt it actually helped but i built up a tolerance to it over 4 years.ive got 5 discs messed up."

sp sparky (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 16, 2016