User Reviews for Suvorexant

Also known as: Belsomra

Learn more about Suvorexant.

Insomnia 274 reviews 106 medications

3.7
Summary of Suvorexant reviews 274 reviews 3.7

Reviews for Suvorexant

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: " This hideous medicine. I took it for a few days and not much help then the weird santanic dreams started with not being able to jump outta bed or move. The bedroom was nice and quiet and as soon as I'd started to fall asleep it would sound like people were on my roof throwing pieces of metal on the ground. The most horrible hallucinations... throw this stuff away"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Horrific RX! Belsomra had absolutely NO effect in inducing sleep. I have been awake all night-every night, feeling like my heart is racing and feeling flushed. This script is fabulous if you'd like bouts of diarrhea and headaches."

Insomniac In Texas October 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Useless to the point where the people selling it should be charged with fraud. Far less effective than half an imovane tablet, but more than twice the price."

Discostu (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "What a complete waste of money! The first night I took it I slept for four hours, the second night I took it I did actually sleep for six hours..it's 2:30 in the morning and I'm still wide awake the third night."

Songbird661 October 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Both Ambien and Lunesta work great but they are now in generic form so they are cheap - so my doctor was obviously paid in order to push Belsomra on me. One night was enough to convince me that this stuff should not be on the market. Not only did this not help me to sleep, I was a zombie the entire day afterwards (20mg). "

DarrenBelsomra September 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Have had intractable insomnia since having neurological Lyme disease. The infection is under control but left me with issues with cortisol levels & neurotransmitters. Benzodiazepines worked great, but MD's became concerned since I'm in my 60's and elderly people are at higher risk of side effects. Weaned off benzo's & tried Belsomra. 1st try, got the full body paralysis mentioned by others. Plus hellish, horrible waking nightmares. Felt like I'd gone insane. Demonic, yes. The labeling states if you take it & get mental disturbance, Belsomra has problem of triggered pre-existing, underlying mental illness. Poppycock. This drug is frightening. IMHO it's useless, overpriced, and dangerous. The 2nd time no sleep, nothing, zip, nada. DONE WITH IT."

Sleepless-in-Sacramento (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I have severe insomnia. I wanted to try a new drug because my Dr. suggested it. No way will I take another 10 mg tablet. It took 2 hours to take effect. I started feeling sleepy so I crawled into bed. Within 30 min of laying down, my body was unable to move but my mind was racing. I tried to tell my husband what was happening and I couldn't get the words out. It lasted about 10 hours. I had a hard time getting up. I have been confused and foggy all day. I will never do it again."

StephMonk September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Took it three times. Each time sleep paralysis occurred. The experiences were incredibly scary and affected me negatively for days . I will not take it under any circumstances."

Meanna September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I've suffered from insomnia for years and found Temazapam highly effective. However, I've read that it can be habit forming, and anecdotally, increase likelihood of dementia in older people, which I am. I asked my doctor to prescribe Belsomna when it was approved by the TGA in Australia, as from online research I had done, it looked like it could be a viable alternative. Started off promising - I'd purposely not drunk any alcohol or coffee, went to bed normal time, within half an hour, started to feel drowsy, but didn't fall asleep. Within 1 hour, I was wide awake and didn't sleep till after 3am. Worst ever dry mouth next day; hardly any saliva, which persists several days later; sooo unpleasant. Won't take Belsomna again."

SandyKatz (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I feel odd on Belsomra. I am very active and work out every day. But my muscles now ache and it burns to keep my eyes open. I am finally getting sleep, so that is positive. But I feel like something is amiss. I don't feel as if I need to actually take a nap during the day, but I feel like I am in a giant fog. If that makes sense."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I have had severe side effects taking the Belsomra & REFUSE to take anymore. I had Very ABNORMAL Dreams where I was fully awake and paralyized in bed. I tried to yell out for my husband and couldn't , I tried moving my arms to get out of bed and felt I was being held back. One of the worst nights of my life. It had such a Demonic tone about it. I wrote my Doctor and and informed her that I will NOT be taking this medication any longer."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I always fall asleep reasonably quickly but wake briefly at the end of each sleep cycle (which get shorter as the night progresses) until about 2am when I remain awake for about 2 to 3 hours. With Belsomra I still wake at the end of each cycle but quickly fall asleep again throughout the whole night. It took some trial and error to get the right dose. A 20mg tablet worked but left me sleepy the next day. 10mg (half a tablet) works well for a whole night without next day sleepiness and 5mg was ineffective."

Nickoman (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Dr tried to get me to switch to this from Ambien. I finally gave in and was given six 15mg samples. I am on the 5th night, and have fallen asleep 1 time before 2am. Tonight I took it at 9:30 along with my melatonin ultra and benadryl. It is now almost 12:30 and I'm wide awake. I'll probably get some sleep around 4a.m. like I generally do, but I will wake up feeling awful. This drug gives me the worst feeling in the morning, like I'm sleepwalking with a migraine. I'm going back on the Ambien."

awakeat1229 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I'm a night shift worker and often have a hard time falling asleep after my shift or on my days off when I tend to sleep a more normal schedule. I have been taking 0.5 mg of Xanax as needed for sleep for about 3 years with no side effects. Recently I had to change doctors and my new one will not give me Xanax for fear of dependency. He prescribed Belsomra 10mg. With Belsomra I did not fall asleep. It was as if I took nothing at all. Even when I took 20mg I was awake for hours. With insurance this med cost $40. An absolute waste of money."

Krischris1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "amazing 10/10 this improved my sleep maintenance waking up more refreshed each morning. No physical dependence like the other sleep drugs. This drug is ideally used for some one that is treatment naive, so me using a insomnia product for the first time worked exactly the way indicated."

Richardsss August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "The WORST night of my life. I can only imagine that this would be what someone would experience if they took hallucinogenic drugs. HORRIBLE nightmares, a sensation that my chest and arms were being restricted, burning. Woke after every VIOLENT nightmare, trying to forget what I'd just dreamt. Headache this morning and TOTAL recall of a night filled with terrible dreams. I am throwing this away!!!!!"

R...never Again* August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "My doctor pushed this medication hard. it does not work. at all. Its very expensive."

hendrix887 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Doesn't work. Doctor pushed it quite hard, but it really doesn't do anything substantial. Very expensive and useless."

Blobby1243 August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Having tinnitus my sleep is impossible without meds. I have tried most and Doc put me onto Belsomra. Out of 5 weeks its only worked a couple of nights. Its very expensive it and just does not work. It doesn't put me to sleep so I have to take something else with it and wake up every hour. I really think they need to go back to the drawing board with this one and put something in it for sleep."

Anonymous July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I was taking Belsomra (20 mg) for almost a year, and initially it worked great. I was falling asleep in a natural way without feeling I had taken a sleeping pill. After three or four months things started to change. I started feeling a bit depressed with some anxiety. What was really strange is that I would get lots of work related anxiety -- things started bugging me at work that normally would not. It's like small things at work bugged me far more than usual. I could not understand what changed. In addition, I was accumulating some depression and everything took more energy to do. Finally, I started suspecting Belsomra was the cause, so as soon as I stopped, all these symptoms simply evaporated! OMG, I finally can feel the sunshine!"

Nick75 July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I started Belsomra 15mg about 3 wks ago. It has not worked for me at all. After taking the medication earlier (7:45-8:00 pm) and spending several sleepless nights my Dr increased my dosage to 1 & 1/2 tablets. The last few nights I have been up past 4am. Even when I finally dose off I wake up at least once an hour. I will call my Dr in the morning, I'll be awake. Exhausted! But awake!"

KTJ1986 (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Doctor insisted instead of ambien. Did not even make me drowsy after a week of taking each night, but did give a great headache."

Jon burrows (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I just had my doctor give me samples of Belsomra. He recommended I take 10mg, but basically told me it wouldn't work unless I took 20. But after reading all the paperwork that came with the samples I decided to just take the 10mg. I took it without food, 30 min before bed as recommended and still 2 hours later I wasn't tired. Today I woke up after having really weird dreams, and all day I've been unusually depressed and anxious. I never, ever had these symptoms or this much trouble falling asleep on Zolpidem. It was pretty clear from how hard my doctor was pushing them that the pharma reps are really trying to get this on the market. I would strongly recommend AGAINST taking this medication, especially if you have depression!"

econstance June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "STAY AWAY,Worst drug EVER!!!!!!!!!"

belsomraproblemsaol.com (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I have lived with severe insomnia for 34 years due to a circadian rhythm disorder. When I say that I have tried all sleep medications, you can believe me. My doctor gave my a voucher for a free trial of Belsomra. I was skeptical, then saw a review someone had written who had a very similar sleep disorder. He said to reach more areas in the brain that control the sleep-awake switches, to try it with 1 milligram of melatonin, 50 milligrams of diphenhydramine, and a 1/4 milligram of a benzo. I haven't slept like I did last night since I was a child. I gave it 7/10 because I don't know yet if it was a fluke, but I am hopeful that it will continue to work."

Cautiously optimistic June 10, 2017