User Reviews for Suvorexant

Also known as: Belsomra

Learn more about Suvorexant.

Insomnia 233 reviews 107 medications

3.8
Summary of Suvorexant reviews 233 reviews 3.8

Reviews for Suvorexant

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "My doctor prescribed for menopausal insomnia, it has helped me tremendously, I am finally sleeping thru the night. Give it a chance, everyone reacts different to medications. For me its great."

Alleypow April 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Wow a 2.5 mg pill so half a 5mg tablet worked amazingly. I can't believe how well it worked!"

JoshDisney April 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Took this medicine last night. Worst experience I have ever had with medicine. I began sweating felt wired up could not sleep at all. This is a bad drug. I have not felt right at all since taking it. Would not recommend this at all."

TJ1285 April 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "This did nothing to help me go to sleep or stay asleep. Very expensive, up all night and foggy with tingly legs. Not worth "waiting for it to work" as my doctor suggested. 3 nights of no sleep is enough. Nothing. Total waste of money and had headaches each day."

Anonymous April 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "After trying Ambien and Lunesta without success, Belsomra was very effective in providing a continuous night's sleep. The 15mg pill worked with in 30 minutes, as indicated. I enjoyed a restful 7 hours of sleep and did not experience any side effects. I awoke at my usual time and was rested and alert. This is a fantastic product!"

Happy customer April 11, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "The only positive thing to say is that it made me sleep 6 1/2 hours straight although it didn't help me get to sleep. The reason I laid down was because I became very dizzy and woke up feeling the same which has induced anxiety. I have felt completely off balance similar to vertigo. I have taken stronger sleep aids that didn't give me this effect. I was very hopeful. A waste of $90.00."

MkayeTarp March 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "After fighting with my insurance to get Belsomra, thinking it would work well for me the exact opposite is true. The medication has had no effect on my Sleep Maintenance Insomnia ( waking in the middle of night) all it has actually done is make me feel worse through out the morning and most of the day. This medication may work for a few but not for the majority. Just look up all the reviews. What a waste of Money."

Dabernie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "It should be an over the counter drug. It does not induce sleep in fact doesn't do anything Merck should be embarrassed. My sorry insurance company made me switch from generic Lunesta because that have this stupid rule about prior authorization . My doctor does not give prior authorizations ( I will be changing doctors soon). This drug is not even worth the insurance discount I get, it's not even worth being on the market. I feel stupid paying 35 bucks for it, couldn't imagine being stupid enough to pay more than that for it."

H Victor (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Tried the 20 mg 10 pack free trial... tried it 5 times and saw absolutely no results... woke up every hour and a half or so the entire night. Did not feel foggy in the morning. With my insurance the Rx would have been $90 a month. NO THANKS!"

sparky! March 16, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Did not work the first night, was awake all night, felt so bad I called in sick the next day. It took about 3 nights before it did anything at all. Lunesta is a much better choice. My insurance won't even cover generic lunesta, somebody must be getting paid off."

Swampbelly (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "My Dr wanted to change my prescription of ambien CR. And put me on belsomra. Didn't sleep for more than 10 minutes at a time, then couldn't tell if I was asleep or awake. Probably the worst nights sleep I've ever not had. On top of this, I also suffer from depression. If you do, DON'T take this drug. The next day all my work colleagues kept asking me why I was so sad. I know you are supposed to take it for a few days. I can't take that risk. I'll just buy ambien if I have to. I've been taking it for 10 plus years and have never had any side effects just good night's sleep. I can't believe how depressed I'm still feeling. "

Sad and sleepy March 11, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "My insomnia has gotten out of hand recently and diphenhydramine and melatonin were no longer working for me. I received the sample pack of suvorexant from my doctor. I took 20 mg and it had absolutely no effect on me at all. Took a few hours to go to bed and woke up less than 4 hours later. What a joke! Maybe it works for others and maybe I have some problem with my thyroid for example (still waiting to receive results from my bloods) that causes this not to work for me."

Haxus March 10, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I had terrible nightmares on this drug. Strange sensations. Felt anxious and afraid. Would never take this drug again. Kept waking and then falling into deep anxious sleep. I normally take Ambien and feel sleepy but normal"

Sandy J March 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I took it because it has a different mechanism of action than most benzos and its an alt to zolpediem (ambiem). But it really didn't do much of anything. I gave it a 2 because it had no side effects. Still, I didn't even feel drowsy after taking it. Big let down! Its expensive and totally ineffective..."

Proemed (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Paid a lot of money for Belsomra, needed a good night sleep, was up all night, have a lot of pills left I refuse to take anymore. Not pleased at all"

Doe1759 March 8, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "This medication did not help me fall asleep at all. I would feel like I was about to doze off when all of a sudden I would become very aware of my surroundings and become very awake. Feeling of weakness and inability to move during the night and I don't know if I was sleeping and having nightmares or was Hallucinating. I thought there where ghostly figures in my room and felt like I heard screaming. The next day was spent dealing with a bad headache, sick stomach, foggy head and on and off again napping. Did not drive as I felt that I was not capable of operating a vehicle safely. I will never take this Medication again."

wanting a good nights sleep (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I was skeptical about taking his medicine, I did not sleep any last night because I was reading all of the reviews. I have tried everything under the sun nothing worked, the doctor prescribed me 15 milligrams I took 20 milligrams did not sleep at all. Thank God my insurance paid for all of it but $3. The worst $3 I have ever spent in my life! NOJOKE!!"

LSS1515 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I was very happy with Belsomra till one night when both my legs went into unbearable spasms, my feet twisting inward. There was no other culprit for that strange and painful behavior, so I stopped taking it."

Jeedoo (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I've had insomnia for years and used only natural remedies to cope. Eventually none of the things worked, so I went to a sleep disorder clinic. The doctor gave me free samples of Belsomra 10, 15 & 20 mg. I started by cutting all the pills in half and taking only 5 mg.- that worked for a couple of nights only. I then had to up the dose to 7.5 mg (by combining the cut pills). After a few nights of each dosage, I have to up the dose. I don't use Belsomra every night because it doesn't work consistently. I still mix up the nights with a Melatonin spray. Although I get a decent sleep with the Belsomra (when it works), the next day I have a heavy head, like brain fog. I won't be paying for this when my free samples run out."

7 of 9 February 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Works great for me I tried Seroquel, Lunesta, and Ambien with poor results Belsomra was the key the key I've found is following the directions of taking it on a empty stomach 30 minutes before you want to sleep. I have experienced no side effects fortunately I got approval from my insurance they pay the full amount"

Rwinklejr (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "I have been taking Belsomra for about 2 months now; but, not every night. My doctor took me off Ambien, which had worked GREAT for me with no side effects. I've found that Belsomra works sometimes and sometimes not. If I eat anything at all an hour or two before going to bed, (and I'm talking a very light snack), this med will NOT put me to sleep. I lie there for hours in a kind of twilight sleep, not being able to totally drift off. The next day it feels as if I haven't slept at all. I cannot count on this med to help me sleep. It does work on some nights and I have not been able to find the trigger that makes it work some nights and others not? I'm going to try it for a while longer; but, so far it's not worth the high price!"

Aderriea February 10, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Was prescribed 20mg. TERRIBLE night horrors and sleep paralysis. Only taken two nights and I will never take it again. I have no idea why nightmares aren't listed as a side effect. I don't know how this is an approved drug either."

Sbmw February 7, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Trouble sleeping my whole life. I tried taking other medications with mild results. Belsomra works great for me! Downfall is the price but it is absolutely worth it if you are one of the people it works for effectively. The trouble waking up is the only thing I would change about this medication."

ANMH85 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Belsomra offers a voucher for FREE (10 days of 10mg, 10 days of 15mg and 10 days of 20mg) so I tried them all and now I am going to use the voucher for $3 ($90 a month) a pill if your insurance requires a payment of more than $150 and $1 ($30 a month) a pill if insurance requires a payment of less than $150 since I haven't met my deductible. I was just visiting this site to see how long it takes for the dosage to level off since I am feeling a little drowsy on the 20mg. So if you need to try it to save a little money use the vouchers. I love this pill since I was taking amitriptyline before and was always so exhausted the next day. I think I will try the 20mg for the month and back down to the 15mg if I am exhausted by the next refill"

MYFR February 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Belsomra (suvorexant) for Insomnia: "Paid $369 since new deductible year - worthless - I can get much better results from tempazapan, triazolam, and ambien or ambien CR, even lunesta. Worst money I ever spent and now I have a 30 day dose. Have glass of wine and you will be better off.....total waste of money"

pollardski January 24, 2017