User Reviews for Sutent

Reviews for Sutent to treat Pancreatic Cancer

"I'm 63, diagnosed with stage 4 Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumour (PNET) on 5/18/16, I was taking Afinitor until January of 2017, but my tumor stopped shrinking and I was developing a mass in my lungs from the drug. I started taking 50 mg of SUTENT in January 2017, 28 days on and 14 days off. Side effects were mild sores on the sides of my tongue, hair and beard turning white & bottom of my big toe became real sore and the skin peeling off during the 28 days on. During the 14 days off, everything returned to normal. Starting today 8/15/17, I'm being reduced to 37.5 mg to see if this will stop my big toe from hurting on the bottom and the skin from peeling. My tongue barely gets sore now and my hair color has gone back to normal. I get a Sandosatin shot monthly for the diarrhea"

Neuroendocrine carcinona (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2017

"I was put on Sutent (37.5 mg) after chemo failed to stabilize my liver metastasis. Sutent helped to shrink the tumors but the side effects were too many. I got blisters on my hands and feet, my hair turned grey, I had diarrhea and gas all day. Overall my quality of life was severely compromised and it was even hard for me to walk. Finally they changed my medicine to Afinitor which did a good job without any side effects."

mrdingdong (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 23, 2013