User Reviews for Sunitinib

Also known as: Sutent

Learn more about Sunitinib.

Renal Cell Carcinoma 18 reviews 21 medications

7.5
Pancreatic Cancer 1 reviews 14 medications

Summary of Sunitinib reviews 19 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Sunitinib

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I was diagnosed with stage 4 RCC in July 2016 which has spread to both lungs one the size of an egg and many others the size of a penny. They took my kidney out (the size of an American football) in the October. I have been on Sutent for three years in December 2016. Started on 4 weeks on 2 weeks off on 50mg. Then after nine months went onto 2 week on 1 week off. I now self medicate between 50 and 37.5 mg. I know of people that go up to 75mg for a period to make it work. The first CT, will be a good indicator if it is going to work. Masses should reduce a lot I have had and still get most of the side effects so if anyone wants to know what I do let me know. By the way empower yourself and get a plan B. Do research."

Boyley (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 12, 2016

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "Thanks to God, my dr and the makers of sutent, I'm still here. I got my left kidney removed and three years later I discovered a mets in the spine and liver which was treated with radiation followed by sutent. I started with 50mg but couldn't tolerate so it got reduced to 25mg. The condition is stable for 8 months now and the side effects are bearable. I'm very grateful and recommend this medication to anyone who needs it"

Very grateful September 15, 2016

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "Left Kidney removed by radical nephrectomy Dec 23, 2014, after 3 blood clot caused heart attacks and ablation operation and Follow up in August revealed 7 tumor in lungs and 2 enlarged lymph nodes. Started 50 mg Sutent 28 day cycle on Dec 26, 2015, very harsh side effects including severe diarrhea, vomiting, dry mouth, bleeding teeth and gums, hyperthryroidism, after 3 months. 6 weeks rest and reduced to 37.5 mg and 14 day cycle. After 5 months tumors in left lung had doubled in size and slight growth in right lung. On July 21, 2016 CT showed growth had stabilized but side effects remain severe. Going to 25 Mg 14 day cycle on 27 August."

Hotmuck July 26, 2016

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "On Sutent 5 months tumer has has halved in size, side effects are unpleasent but bearable. Hair thined out a bit for the first 3 months."

Shuttlegirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I started using sutent 50 mg for stage 4 kidney cancer for last 2 weeks but there is no improvement in blood test result. can anyone please tell me know the time required to get the result."

Johan jakobsson (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2015

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I've been on Sutent 50mg for eight months and it's working for me, thank you! It does knock the stuffing out of me, but I'm loathe to drop to 37.5mg. I never get sick or have diarrhea, just exhaustion. I'm planning to go on for a long time yet, my biggest problem is myself not responding fast enough to my body, which is screaming at me to rest. When the clock is ticking, you don't want to stop do you?"

Jarface, England (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 12, 2015

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I was diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma on the 30/1/14 stage 4 with tumors on my lymph nodes and around my stomach and was told I had 9/12 months to live, my left kidney was removed in Sept 13 but this was my downfall and the Cancer spread. After starting Sutent in February I can honestly say it has helped me, the tumors on my lymph have shrunk and the cancer in my stomach has not changed, the side effects were harsh on my first cycle which was 50mg , the usual side effects, sore tongue, hands, feet, etc. so I went on 37.5 mg and this has helped also. I have had 4 cycles now and have just started my 2 week break to detox but I feel the first week of this I do suffer withdrawal symptoms. I hope this helps."

West Highland Fan. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2014

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I have been on Sutent for 4 months. My cancer is shrinking and it is not bad. I am on Oxycontin as well because the cancer had gotten into my bones and spine. Degradation of my spine. So I now have a brace in my back. Side effects. Sutent has almost a narcotic effect on me. Bad gas and my taste buds are all messed up. Constipation. My biggest complaint comes during the 2 weeks off. Its like I go through withdrawals that are really intense. Shaking, pain all over. And I'm so weak for those two weeks its hard if not impossible to get out of bed. But all in all Sutent has been doing its job many of the tumors are smaller if not gone. And the large masses went from baseball to golf ball size. Pleased with Sutent."

conradclark February 26, 2014

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I am still on Sutent. 50mgs due to slight growth in the left lung otherwise stable. I have battled Ecoli this summer, that I got eating cooked seafood out of town. Otherwise I will celebrate my 5 year cancer Birthday 11/2/2013!"

Cheryl C or Sherie again! (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2013

Sutent (sunitinib) for Pancreatic Cancer: "I was put on Sutent (37.5 mg) after chemo failed to stabilize my liver metastasis. Sutent helped to shrink the tumors but the side effects were too many. I got blisters on my hands and feet, my hair turned grey, I had diarrhea and gas all day. Overall my quality of life was severely compromised and it was even hard for me to walk. Finally they changed my medicine to Afinitor which did a good job without any side effects."

mrdingdong (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 23, 2013

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "On Sutent for 9 months and was extremely fatigued but minimally nauseous. Doctor guesstimate is an additional 9 months. Original diagnosis was clear cell cancer and removed right kidney. Annual exam revealed it metastisized to left adrenal gland. Pet scan reveals some tumors have disappeared and remaining ones are shrinking. No new tumors seem to have appeared. My quality of life has not seemed to have decreased and I feel blessed everyday that Sutent therapy is working for me."

barbie billings (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 9, 2012

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I have been on Sutent now for 13 months. The full monty at 50 mg. It seems to be doing its main job which is to shrink and freeze the metastasis I have in lungs. I am told my own side effects are mild compared with most. The ones with medical significance and danger are under control - these are the high blood pressure, which is under control with additional blood pressure pills, and the messed up thyroid, also under control with pills. The main things that bothers me are the gastro side effects. I cannot get the diarrhea under control. The painful violent gas now seems controllable using Simethicone. I get a very acidy stomach with heartburn in last two weeks of cycle. Sometimes can relieve with milk."

Eliezer b Y (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 3, 2012

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I've been on Sutent since December 2008. First at 50 mg for 3 cycles then due to side effects dose reduced to 37.5 mg for about 3 more cycles but still had problems with my blood counts. Then the dose was reduced to 25 mg so since about 2 years ago I have been on Sutent 25 mg, 2 weeks on 1 week off. My tumors shrunk 30% since the beginning and now I've been stable. Side effects are mild, sometimes a little bit harder but I am grateful I am still here and living a full life."

mariavero October 5, 2011

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I am a 72 year old male that had a kidney removed six years ago. Since then the cancer reformed in my hip causing a partial hip replacement, then on to my breast bone (radiation treatment) and finally my lung and adrenal gland. At that point I was put on Sutent 50mg which caused white count issues. We dialed down to 37.5 which stabilized the blood and now after three months my tumors have shrunk by half. Side effects are not pleasant but tolerable. Bottom line I am still alive thanks to Sutent."

Anonymous December 23, 2010

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I am here to tell you 2 years after having my left kidney removed I am stable, and have been on Sutent since February 2009. I am the Cheryl that commented December of 2009. I am still grateful to the makers of Sutent. I am now on 37.5 instead of the initial 50mg and it is more tolerable. I have been stable for the last 6 months. I have one tiny nodule left in my liver. I started with 14 nodules in the lungs and 3 in the liver. "

Cheryl C November 4, 2010

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "Unfortunately, sutent did not work on me, I used 2 cycles without any positive results."

v123 July 20, 2010

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I've been on Sutent for 18 months, I had my primary tumour removed but have 7 metastities on my aorta, these have all reduced in size by approx. 70%. I have had very managable side effects and put this down to diet change: no sugar, low carb and minimal alcohol. I'm 42 and I'm leading a very active life thanks to Sutent. The only downfall is that I know it stops working after a time but until then I'll cherish every moment with my family."

Timmy Tucker February 14, 2010

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I just celebrated my 1 year Cancer Birthday in November thanks to Sutent. The side effects are all treatable, although I had to stop working full time I have an excellent quality of life! I am very grateful to the makers of Sutent!"

Sherie Cash December 1, 2009

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Sutent (sunitinib) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: "I have been on Sutent for three years and my renal tumor has been reduced by half and the metastasis almost eliminated. Side effects are not as bad as when I first started on the drug."

krogersuk May 14, 2009

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate