User Reviews for Sulfazine

Sulfazine has an average rating of 5.9 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings on Drugs.com. 45% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Ulcerative Colitis
Rheumatoid Arthritis
4.8
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
10.0
Summary of Sulfazine reviews 5.9 10 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Sulfazine

Anonymous October 24, 2010

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Been on sulfasalazine for 3 years, for me the first 2 weeks were hard on the stomach. Felt like I was going to vomit all the time but never did, it was slow to have the effect maybe a month, but after that it has been good. Still get flare up the odd time. It is inexpensive compared to the other medications.”

Susanne35Cat July 6, 2011

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and have been using Sulfasalazine for the last 4 years as an "add-on" to methotrexate. I take the maximum dose, but must confess that I can only see a minimal reduction of pain using this medicine. ”

karenbuff April 11, 2010

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have had a small improvement with sulfazine, but unfortunately I started having severe ringing in the ears after 6 months, also it gave me pain in my achilles tendon and calves at night. Keep in mind that I had the pain side effect also with cholestrol medications, but not the ringing in the ears.”

rowney September 18, 2009

For Ulcerative Colitis: “I have been using salazopyrin for many years and have found it excellent. I am in remission at the moment and am taking 2 tablets a day as a 'holding' dose. I move it up to 5 or 6 when I have an episode which can last for up to a year.”

Tdcime February 26, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Nasty stuff. First had extreme tiredness, then stomach pain, diarrhea, headache, fever, chills, rash. Went to emergency. Was on it total of 3-1/2 wks. Stopped it two days ago, still not well. Maybe go back to methotrexate.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2012

For Ulcerative Colitis: “Upon taking sulfasalazine I experienced a severe headache, dizziness, bruising on my feet and legs, chills, blood shot eyes, pain in my joints, hives and swelling in my face and neck. The headache became so bad I could not get out of bed.”

sarahyue April 7, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis: “I have been taking this medication for a while now, along with Azathioprine and Prednisone. Just today I stopped the Prednisone, after decreasing by a half each week. I experienced some remission of the Prednisone after I was at 2 and 1/2 pills, and bumped it back up to 5. I haven't experienced any bad side effects of the Sulfazine, and my only complaint is that it is really chalky. I am 13, and was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis almost a year ago.”

Washington State · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2014

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “In remission all labs and inflamatory markers normal. No side effects other than a headache once in a while.”

SouthTexas · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 5, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis: “I have been taking Sulfazine for colitis for the past two months. I've have not had any noticeable side effects. The medication has decreased my symptoms dramatically.”

Anonymous January 27, 2011

For Ulcerative Colitis: “Had terrible allergic reaction to this medicine, within a week of taking it. Felt terrible itching inside out.”

Anonymous April 4, 2012

For Crohn's Disease, Acute: “This was the first medicine tried on me - I have (had) rheumatoid arthritis together with Crohns. Sulfazine did not help. ”