User Reviews for Sulfazine

Learn more about Sulfazine.

Reviews for Sulfazine to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

"Nasty stuff. First had extreme tiredness, then stomach pain, diarrhea, headache, fever, chills, rash. Went to emergency. Was on it total of 3-1/2 wks. Stopped it two days ago, still not well. Maybe go back to methotrexate."

Tdcime February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and have been using Sulfasalazine for the last 4 years as an "add-on" to methotrexate. I take the maximum dose, but must confess that I can only see a minimal reduction of pain using this medicine. "

Susanne35Cat July 6, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been on sulfasalazine for 3 years, for me the first 2 weeks were hard on the stomach. Felt like I was going to vomit all the time but never did, it was slow to have the effect maybe a month, but after that it has been good. Still get flare up the odd time. It is inexpensive compared to the other medications."

Anonymous October 24, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had a small improvement with sulfazine, but unfortunately I started having severe ringing in the ears after 6 months, also it gave me pain in my achilles tendon and calves at night. Keep in mind that I had the pain side effect also with cholestrol medications, but not the ringing in the ears."

karenbuff April 11, 2010