User Reviews for Bactrim DS

Prevention of Bladder infection

1 review 29 medications
Summary of Bactrim DS reviews 5.6 208 reviews

Reviews for Bactrim DS

For Bacterial Infection "First two days on it, I felt fine. On the 3rd day taking this, I felt so sick to my stomach and unable to sleep. I wasn't sure what was making me so nauseated and dizzy at times and I then realized it was the Bactrim. I am tossing this down the toilet!"

blue zone (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2018

For Sinusitis "I took bactrim ds twice a day for 10 days for a stubborn sinus infection. On day 6 I started to get chills, cold hands and feet then the crippling body aches and pains started. Even my buttocks is painful! I also became very weak! It's been 2 weeks since I've finished the bactrim and I am STILL in excruciating pain everywhere, back, legs, arms, buttocks and very weak. I WILL NEVER TAKE THIS AGAIN! I hope this goes away soon and it's not permanent damage to my body. Everyday is a struggle because of the terrible aches and pains. This drug should be BANNED!"

Aquarius11 (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "Debilitating nausea. Started feeling ill the evening of day 2, was able to take pill morning of day 3 but unable to keep anything down since. I will never take this again"

Madre (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I’ve been on it for 3 out of 7 days, and these are my side effects: Itchy skin Migraines Joint Pain Muscle Pain Horrible neck pain Nausea Eye irritation Pinpoint red spots on skin Trouble sleeping Random bruising Vaginal Itching Swollen Glands I’ve been taking leftover prescription Ibuprofen to tackle the joint/muscle/head pains, but if it wears off, I am writhing in pain. This medication, though it seems to be working on the UTI, has given me so many torturous side effects, I will NEVER use it again. As an aside, I am allergic to amoxicillin. Obviously talk to your doctor about meds, but I’d personally suggest being cautious about getting this med prescribed to you if you’ve never taken it."

Anon (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Worst drug I’ve ever taken, on the third day woke up with my top lip swollen and tingling also was experiencing a sore throat, later in the day had sores all on the inside of my mouth and tongue, it’s so bad I can’t eat, swallow, drink, even hurts when I talk, throat and neck are sore. It’s like something is eating my skin inside my mouth. I’ve never ever experienced anything like this. Why is a drug like this still on the market? Not being able to eat or drink don’t know if I can make it. My third day and still can’t eat or drink."

Suz (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Bactrim healed the abscess infection that I had, but the lethargy was absolutely crippling for me. The first day on it I was driving and was literally falling asleep for 2-3 seconds at a time and almost crashing. Had to go home obviously. Other than that I sides but even with caffeine my body felt like it weighed 1000 lbs and couldn’t keep my eyes open"

Dante (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2018

"Works great for tooth abcess."

Zing (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

For Bacterial Skin Infection "DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE! It’s horrible. I have been off of it almost 48 hours and I’m still puking and can’t hold any food down. My body is so weak and it’s giving me panic attacks!!"

Shel (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

For Bacterial Skin Infection "It's definitely working but I'm taking a beating. Had a post surgery skin infection. First I took cephalexin but it did not fully go away. Now on bactrim, 2 pills in the morning and 2 at night. On day 4 felt the hardest . Also taking probiotics at bedtime to help the digestive system. Got to say this stuff punishes you. I don't feel like myself. Foggy all day, small periods of shakes. Dry tongue and mouth. Wiped me out. Can't wait to return to me."

Pmc (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Asked to be prescribed this because I was prescribed it a year and a half ago for a UTI and did not have any side effects. This time around, where I am only on day two and the symptoms of the UTI have for the most part cleared, I have experienced debilitating headaches, constant fatigue, and had some anxiety yesterday morning. Luckily, I have become better with reducing my anxiety, but it does not matter how much water or food I intake, the headaches are just lingering and hover only on one side of my head over my eye. I also experienced a period of nausea so far. I am supposed to be on this for another five days and am hoping I will only need to be on for another few instead. I don't think I can complete the prescription with the borderline migraines I have been getting."

E (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Was prescribed a seven day treatment for a UTI. On day two and the nausea is almost unbearable and I have a burning itch in my eyes and extremities (eyes are also weeping). Discontinuing med and returning to the doctor because I can’t handle the nausea and I don’t want the rash to get worse."

SBee (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Was put on a 7 day regimen, 2 pills a day. My symptoms merely faded the first couple of days, then the UTI came back full force. After day 5, I woke up out of a dead sleep in the middle of the night with severe heart palpitations. I could literally feel my heartbeat in my throat. Finished the 7 days and woke up to same symptoms and blood in my urine. Definitely didn't work for me and now I have to start a new antibiotic for ANOTHER week."

Jessie (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

For Acne "I am 36 and I was given tetracycline a couple years ago, made me nauseous but only for a hour or so then I’d be back to my normal self. Tetracycline worked wonders for my skin but unfortunately I became resistant to it a few months ago, I also tried minocycline which was ineffective. I’ve been having a really bad breakout since discontinuing the tetracycline. Recently went on Bactrim been on this for about 3 days and wow let me tell you I feel real shitty, the body aches are painful , the nausea really comes and goes all throughout the day, no rash which is a good sign but if this feeling doesn’t simmer down I won’t be able to continue this:( doesn’t look like there is any real solution for acne out there, my self esteem is so low and I feel helpless. So scared to try accutane due to the hair loss reviews ... that terrifies me. I can tell how horrible I feel from the Bactrim that I won’t last on this for much longer!"

Natashia April 3, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "If you're sick, meds typically have at least one side effect you'll experience. Its a prescription drug, not a miracle homeopathic treatment found in nature. You need to follow instructions and be aware of the warnings given. Ex: DON'T DRINK ALCOHOL during the course of the med. You NEED TO EAT SOMETHING with most meds, and drinking lots of water (way more than normal) is important too. I don't eat/drink water enough on a regular basis, and I love alcohol but, if I'm on a med, I alter my lifestyle to relieve symptoms of an infection I felt were bothersome enough to go to the drs in the first place. I've had no issues with bactrim/sulfa thankfully, and those who have might want to find out if they are allergic to it prior to writing a bad review. Its a VERY common drug allergy that shouldn't sway the opinions of those not allergic. If you happen to have severe side effects from this, or any, med please find out if you are allergic first and consider it a personal learning opportunity."

Aut (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Ugh... horrible! Couldn't even get through day 2. Headache, extreme nausea, and headache. This will sound weird, but my face felt "wind burned." I hope this feeling will soon be over. Not a good idea to Google symptoms either lol... good luck:) wish I had a better experience"

P$# (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2018

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Absolutely the worst medication I've ever been on, and I've been on a lot. If an alternative is offered, take the alternative. Intense thirst, super awful anxiety (borderline paranoia), stomachaches and heartburn out the wazoo, night sweats, rash, dizziness, joint pain, loss of appetite were my symptoms (amongst others). Doc switched me to clindamycin. Not a single side effect! Symptoms gradually got better after dropping Bactrim."

Alex1234872 February 15, 2018

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Never ever again will I take this medication. Ended up in ER with what they said was Cellulitis. Gave me Bactrim and Keflex to take. After taking the Bactrim just after one day headaches started. On day 4 I woke up and could not move any of my body as every muscle, joint, neck and head was so sore and aching. Went straight to urgent care and they took me off the antibiotics. Still having severe pains all over and I'm hoping it's just because the medication is still in my system. Seriously do not take this. There are plenty more antibiotics to take than this and going through this also."

Anonymous February 10, 2018

For Kidney Infections "First time I took it I got a fever, chills and body aches. I called my doctor and requested a different antibiotic. Will never take Bactrim again!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I don't understand the bad reviews. I have been taking Bactrim since I was a kid, NEVER had a side effect and I had relieve RIGHT AWAY. UTI can cause nausea. Just take it with a lot of food & water and you be FINE!"

Uti- spooky January 25, 2018

For Kidney Infections "I always get digestive issues (severe nausea, diarrhea, gas, upset stomach) from antibiotics. I hadn't taken Bactrim before. For me the side effects have been very minimal. I eat a serving of carbs about 10 minutes before taking it (bread or pasta or a banana) and then drink a large glass of water with it, and have made sure to drink a lot of water generally. I'm also taking a probiotic midday. The side effects I've had are being more tired than usual, low appetite and a bit of a dull headache for a couple days. After the initial dose I had intense nausea but I had not eaten. I have one day remaining of the 7 days course. After one day on Bactrim my infection symptoms went away. I'll need a follow-up but so far, yay Bactrim!!"

Raj_1 January 2, 2018

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I was prescribed Bactrim DS 800mg for 10 days after I had an infected abscess on my outer labia. I had incision/drainage and tested negative for herpes simplex, CT+NG DNA, MRSA, and staph. I went 8 days and noticed minor hand shakiness, a sunburn like itch/sting on my neck and collarbone and some right ab pain but didn’t think much of it. Day 9 happen and I wake up with a minor but expanding rash on my chest, neck, torso arms and legs. I went to ER and they said Bactrim allergic reaction, prescribed methylprenisolone steroid, and Hydroxyzine. 48 hrs since last dose of Bactrim lips are still dry, cracked and woke up with minor flat blood blister on inside of bottom lip. Is this still affecting me??"

Scared with symptoms (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2017

For Bacterial Infection "I've never experienced any side effects from antibiotics. But this stuff is scary. I took my second dose today and after 2 hrs I started to feel light headed, my heart started racing and a strong headache came on top of it. It is getting better now after 14 hrs. I refuse to take it any longer and let my body do the job."

vchri December 28, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was having some pretty bad UTI symptoms, so I went to my local urgent care and they gave me Bactrim. Oh my goodness worst medication I’ve ever taken!! I took only one dose at the urgent care. Went home and later that night, I’d say maybe 3-4 hours in. I was so nauseous. I finally got myself to sleep, to only wake up and vomit my guts out many times. Then I wasn’t able to eat for hours. It’s been about 3 days now since I haven’t taken any medication. And my stomach is still in pain, having nausea, gagging, and not able to eat quite the same. Stay away from this drug. It’s not good. It’s very bad for your stomach. Save yourself."

Brittany18 (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "Horrible! I will tell you it does work for a UTI. My UTI is almost gone, but the side effects are terrible. I was doing fine with the medication the first day and now today is my second day.Currently, I am at work jittery, having chills, I had two panic attacks and today I just started having migraines. I am only on this for three days. I have two more pills left. Tried to make it but I don't think I can handle this while working. Not so much dizziness for me just making me really tired. I will be staying on Cephalexin."

NubianQueens December 14, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "Started on Bactrim for an UTI and after 4 doses, I ended up in the ER. The doctor had thought my appendix ruptured due to the extreme pain and projectile vomiting. It wasn't my appendix, it was the Bactrim. Now, I'm under the care of a gastroenterologist due to vomiting after eating, severe stomach pain, bloating and diarrhea....2 weeks later. She's afraid it's damaged my gallbladder, but I'm currently undergoing testing. I was not on any medication, and had no health problems previously. This whole situation is a nightmare. I don't understand how this medication is still on the market."

BCMS (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2017