User Reviews for Bactrim DS

Prevention of Bladder infection

1 review 29 medications
Summary of Bactrim DS reviews 5.4 227 reviews

Reviews for Bactrim DS

For Kidney Infections "making me sick to my stomach, which is causing me to miss classes"

horsecrazy (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Been on Bactrim before and it worked but had been on daily low dose antibiotic since Keflex 11/17. Then 3 weeks ago another UTI so was put on Cipro after culture last dose Friday. Urine still cloudy with a foul odor. Sick Sat yesterday went to ER as had a migraine, nausea and fever. They did Computed tomography of kidneys, ureters and bladder (CT KUB) scan and send me home on 3 weeks of this antibiotic. In pain today with fever so took Tylenol. I am alone and dunno what to do. My doc office may be closed as i can’t figure what’s going on with their phone lines."

Cockatoo October 8, 2018

For Sinusitis "I just wanted to pop in and say Bactrim is a Sulpha drug. A lot of people are allergic to Sulpha and some are allergic to the trimethoprim part as well. Those of you having a reaction, this is probably why. You also need to tell your Dr you're allergic to Sulpha drugs or trimethoprim so they don't prescribe you any! Be well!"

Vikingwarmaiden (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2018

For Sinusitis "Hope I'm not responding prematurely, but I feel improvement within 24 hours. Still have 12 days to go."

Elliemae (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "after completely the course of 14 tablets 800X160 DS. The symptoms did not go away."

Ziggy (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I had a very widespread bacterial infection all over my legs and it spread to my arms thanks to a misdiagnosis at the first clinic I went to, but I was prescribed Bactrim from the second clinic. My rash has cleared up a lot and I've noticed a big change, but the debilitating nausea, cold sweats, and stomach aches are the worst. It will come and go in waves and it will wake me up in the middle of the night. I have eaten a lot when taking this and I drink a lot of water, but every time I take this I have to take an Advil because the stomach pain is just unbearable. Every time the painkiller wears off I feel like I'm dying. The result of the rash going away is worth it, but the pain and nausea is NOT."

Cindy (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

For Sinusitis "Don’t believe everything you read here. I took this drug for a sinus infection I developed on a plane coming from overseas. Within four hours I started feeling better. Took about five days until I felt completely well. When I went to see the doctor, I had a temperature of 100.3 and felt bad. This drug may not be for everyone but it worked for me. No side effects."

Marylin (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Worst thing ever. I feel like I’m anchored to the floor, headache, feel as though my face is on fire, and it’s not helping the UTI. The kicker? Called the doctor and was told these are normal side effects and not an allergy. Never again."

Pissedmomma (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I've only been in it for 3 days, I could NOT finish the 3rd day, I now have to wait 2 days to get new antibiotics because bactrim is AWFUL. I felt like I was on my death bed ever since the 3rd pill. I couldn't take my second pill for the day. Stay AWAY from septra/bactrim. Praying the infection won't worsen. I'd rather have something completely safe and will cure my infection. By the way, it did NOTHING to the infection, in fact it's gotten worse ever since I started taking it. Please DENY any prescriptions for bactrim/septra."

NoU (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have never had such a horrible experience with an antibiotic. I only took it for three days, twice a day and I was so nauseous I couldn’t eat anything, and I got so dizzy that I couldn’t even walk straight. I will never take this antibiotic again."

Help September 4, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed this for a rather mild UTI. I took it with a granola bar in the morning and was drinking tons of water. Within 2 hours the migraine set in, then the nausea and what felt like menstrual cramping then the body aches and chills and what I thought was a fever but was really just all my skin becoming very hot my face looked like it had a slight sun burn. I called the pharmacy and they said this was not the drug but rather symptoms of my UTI. I was so sick that I left work and went to urgent care, they re tested my urine witch now came back negative for everything and they told me to immediately discontinue taking it. The symptoms lasted well into the evening and the migraine followed me into the following day. I'm not sure if this was an allergic reaction or if I was just super sensitive to it, but it was one of the worst nights of my life. For reference I am 5"2 120lbs and was given 160mg twice daily for 3 days, and I do have a somewhat sensitive stomach."

jo August 31, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was given Bactrim DS twice a day for 5 days for what they thought was a UTI. I took it for 2.5 days, until they pulled me off of it because I ended up not having a UTI. I didn't have any side effects during the time I was on it. A slight dull head ache in the afternoon. I ate with it, and drank lots of water. I was warned by the pharmacist you can develop a rash; I don't believe this would have occurred for me."

April (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "Post c-section possible MRSA infection. Used medication 7 days prescribed for 10. Skin on face went bonkers. Chills and night sweats. Insomnia.then the itching started ..never again"

Britb (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I just took one 160mg tab of bactrim. This is the worse pill in history. I got a rash, headache, neck and back pain. Sore throat, bad. My whole body muscles and joint are in so much pain. Nausea. My husband has to get me food, put me in the tub to take a hot bath. I feel so weak OMG. Fever of 101.5. which goes up and down still. Chills and lightheaded. The next day I still has those symptoms. Gonna call my doc on Monday to give me a different pill. If there was a 0 rating that's what I would give. Thought I was gonna die."

Sun (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I started this medication about 10 days ago for a UTI. First 3 days no problems in sight. No more burning when I urinate. But day 4...my face flared up like crazy with acne and burnt looking skin. I’m on my last day now and my face looks terrible! Red, flaky, acne, just bad. I am taking birth control with this since the doctor said it has no problems with it. I take birth control for hormonal acne anyway so this was fun. Helped with the UTI but all the damage it’s done it is not worth it. I’ll ask for something different next or endure the UTI."

Manda (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "After 6 days, my UTI tested worse than it originally did"

Walker (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took this medicine for 48 hours , I’m not a health person as it is. But this medication is horrible I can’t walk, up all night drinking water as my throat felt like it was closing. My body hurts!! I’m shaking, my blood in my body is on fire!!! Not to mention my legs feel like 250 puns waits. I stop taking day three but still SICK!!"

Lola (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I’d taken this drug for a UTI about a year ago and remember feeling nauseous and dizzy but not bad enough to call the doctor. Got two doses into this round and 10 minutes after taking the second, my hands and feet itched unbearably, my lips felt swollen, I was dizzy, my heart was racing and I was getting chills and hot flashes. I ended up in the ER and was pumped full of steroids and benedryl. 9 hours now since my symptoms started and my heart is still racing. Full blown sulpha allergy."

IRLA (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Been taking this medication for 4 days. Been a bit nauseated. But laying down a few minutes and rinsing my face with water has helped. It is working though. UTI is basically gone. 1 more day to go. I'd say find substitutes for side effects. Drink more water, get more sleep. Your body is fighting a infection. It's bound to go out of whack. I guess the pros were worth the cons."

Mariah (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "First two days on it, I felt fine. On the 3rd day taking this, I felt so sick to my stomach and unable to sleep. I wasn't sure what was making me so nauseated and dizzy at times and I then realized it was the Bactrim. I am tossing this down the toilet!"

blue zone (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2018

For Sinusitis "I took bactrim ds twice a day for 10 days for a stubborn sinus infection. On day 6 I started to get chills, cold hands and feet then the crippling body aches and pains started. Even my buttocks is painful! I also became very weak! It's been 2 weeks since I've finished the bactrim and I am STILL in excruciating pain everywhere, back, legs, arms, buttocks and very weak. I WILL NEVER TAKE THIS AGAIN! I hope this goes away soon and it's not permanent damage to my body. Everyday is a struggle because of the terrible aches and pains. This drug should be BANNED!"

Aquarius11 (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "Debilitating nausea. Started feeling ill the evening of day 2, was able to take pill morning of day 3 but unable to keep anything down since. I will never take this again"

Madre (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I’ve been on it for 3 out of 7 days, and these are my side effects: Itchy skin Migraines Joint Pain Muscle Pain Horrible neck pain Nausea Eye irritation Pinpoint red spots on skin Trouble sleeping Random bruising Vaginal Itching Swollen Glands I’ve been taking leftover prescription Ibuprofen to tackle the joint/muscle/head pains, but if it wears off, I am writhing in pain. This medication, though it seems to be working on the UTI, has given me so many torturous side effects, I will NEVER use it again. As an aside, I am allergic to amoxicillin. Obviously talk to your doctor about meds, but I’d personally suggest being cautious about getting this med prescribed to you if you’ve never taken it."

Anon (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Worst drug I’ve ever taken, on the third day woke up with my top lip swollen and tingling also was experiencing a sore throat, later in the day had sores all on the inside of my mouth and tongue, it’s so bad I can’t eat, swallow, drink, even hurts when I talk, throat and neck are sore. It’s like something is eating my skin inside my mouth. I’ve never ever experienced anything like this. Why is a drug like this still on the market? Not being able to eat or drink don’t know if I can make it. My third day and still can’t eat or drink."

Suz (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Bactrim healed the abscess infection that I had, but the lethargy was absolutely crippling for me. The first day on it I was driving and was literally falling asleep for 2-3 seconds at a time and almost crashing. Had to go home obviously. Other than that I sides but even with caffeine my body felt like it weighed 1000 lbs and couldn’t keep my eyes open"

Dante (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2018