User Reviews for Bactrim DS

Reviews for Bactrim DS to treat Kidney Infections

"First time I took it I got a fever, chills and body aches. I called my doctor and requested a different antibiotic. Will never take Bactrim again!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2018

"I always get digestive issues (severe nausea, diarrhea, gas, upset stomach) from antibiotics. I hadn't taken Bactrim before. For me the side effects have been very minimal. I eat a serving of carbs about 10 minutes before taking it (bread or pasta or a banana) and then drink a large glass of water with it, and have made sure to drink a lot of water generally. I'm also taking a probiotic midday. The side effects I've had are being more tired than usual, low appetite and a bit of a dull headache for a couple days. After the initial dose I had intense nausea but I had not eaten. I have one day remaining of the 7 days course. After one day on Bactrim my infection symptoms went away. I'll need a follow-up but so far, yay Bactrim!!"

Raj_1 January 2, 2018

"The first two days were fine... I was diagnosed with a kidney infection and it seemed to work pretty well, despite a little nausea... Day 3 is when all hell broke loose. I started a new job and was running errands. I had left the house, took my medicine, grabbed a water bottle but didn't have time to eat what a mistake. 2 hours after taking Bactrim my head felt like it was going to implode. While I was driving on interstate 95 through northern VA I had a quick onset of nausea. There was no where for me to pull off. I ended up vomiting all over myself. By all over myself I mean all over myself and my car. It continued and has now been 24 hours. Went to ER for severe dehydration and am now spending the night at the hospital. Yay!"

Martha1992 August 30, 2017

"I started taking Bactrim 2 days ago for bladder infection and it is terrible because I feel like I have the flu... body aches, headache, nausea. ..I just called the doctor to tell her I'm not taking any more.. the bladder infection is nothing compared to the way this med made me feel!!! It seems like it has been cut with some sort if poison before it gets to the US!!! I just hope I regain strength bc I feel so weak from the pain my body has been through!!!"

nick1975 October 31, 2015

"Extreme headaches, stomach issues. Bathroom issues also"

Ladywest October 25, 2015