User Reviews for Bactrim DS to treat Prostatitis

Bactrim DS has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Prostatitis. 40% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 30% reported a negative effect.

Bactrim DS Rating Summary

5.4/10 average rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Prostatitis.

Reviews for Bactrim DS

Cwalk · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2020

“I’ve been on bactrim for almost three months for Prostatitis which is getting better slowly. Having some lower back pain. Has anyone else had to be on a bactrim for this long to cure this problem. During all this the pain started in my testicles and went up into pain behind my penis. So tired of this pain. Anyone else have the same issues?”

Iminneed · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 26, 2020

“I’ve been on Bactrim for over 5 weeks- prostatitis. I have 5 days left and my prostate is still swollen as it was when I was on other stuff. I was on Cipro at first but after the 3rd day the side effects hit me too hard so I got taken off of it and started a 2 week course of tetracycline until I could get into the urologist office. But since this Coronavirus came into play. They canceled that appointment so I had to make different appointment at the doctors and tell them that tetracycline is worthless against this type of thing. So then I got out on Bactrim. Bactrim helped after day 5 but I haven’t seen really any improvement since.”

richard Manford November 8, 2017

“Prescibed Bactrim for prostatitis. Was showing good improvement after 5 days. Day 9, big full body hives develop and had to stop. Dr. thought I was allergic to the sulfa component of bactrim so he prescibed Trimethoprim(the other component in Bactrim) by itself a week later. After 1 pill the hives start again... Was switched to Cipro with slight improvement and then to Doxycycline which is significantly helping after 4 weeks. Going to continue it as long as I'm improving . 70% better now.”

humpi37 · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2019

“Had TURP 17 years ago for prostate ....not a great success. Recently had discomfort and some blood passing post arousal. Not sure if prostatisis or UTI or both. Doc prescribed 10 days Bactrim 800mg at 2 per day. All clear after 2 days, but some minor hives.”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2019

“Took Bactrim for 2 weeks and flu like symptoms the entire time. Eventually broke out in hives after 2 weeks and was told I was allergic. BUT my prostate swelling is down and I feel better. So it put me through the mill but it took care of the underlying issue. I’ve been itching for 4 days after taking my last pill. Hope to be itch free soon.”

JTbc March 12, 2015

“After 3 1/2 weeks, I developed a skin rash, which started itching horribly. The rash and itching continued for two weeks (13 days) after stopping the medication. Apparently Sulfa allergies are fairly common. Benadryl helped the itching a bit.”

CBLagoon · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2014

“Bactrim cured my prostatitis within two weeks, however I had to stop taking it earlier than prescribed because I discovered I was allergic. I noticed flu-like symptoms, including chills, fever, and horrible muscle aches. On top of that, I developed a head to toe rash that itched like crazy. Imagine being sore and itchy at the same time. Luckily, all of this subsided within a few days of quitting Bactrim. Since the antibiotic kills bacteria everywhere, I noticed I had flawless skin for about a week. But that didn't last. The bacteria came back with a vengeance and I developed the worst acne of my life. I'm now taking doxycycline and using expensive creams to combat this. It's been two months since I stopped Bactrim and I am still breaking out!”