User Reviews for Hyalgan

Osteoarthritis
4.9

Reviews for Hyalgan

Nurse K · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 2, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “This stuff is wonderful!!! I had got to the point I could barely pull my 12 hours shifts at work because my right knee would be in so much pain after only a couple of hours. My doctor suggested Hyalgan injections because I totally oppose knee surgery if at all possible, seen too many complications. After my second injection, my knee hurt very little and after the third I have had no pain at all!!!!. I am totally impressed. I have four more years to walk these halls and I hope it will get me through!”

4surgeriesdown June 11, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “I've had three injections for arthritis in my knee. My first injection no change. Second injection I physically had to lift my leg to move it. Could not drive. Both my GP doctor and pain management doctor said it was a miracle drug. I beg to differ.”

Middy · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I'm about to receive my 4th injection in a few days. I've been dealing with severe pain and swelling for years. I've tried cortisone shots but only had a small amount of relief for a very short time. I tried physical therapy and was told after a few months that It's just not progressing towards anything and should see an orthopedic surgeon. He suggested these injections. After 3 weeks I feel like I'm so much worse. More pain, more swelling, and I can't even straighten my leg all the way. It like a stabbing pop and it just locks with nothing but pain. They're saying to go through with the last 2 injections and maybe after 8 weeks I'll feel some relief. I can't imagine this getting better. This pain is unreal.”

MARTHA · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I had a series of 5 shots of Hyalgan. Not impressed with this drug. I've had Euflexxa and Synvisc injections as well. Hands down Synvisc is my drug of choice. With Synvisc I minimal pain for a period of 4-5 yrs. As for Euflexxa it was less time pain free...would say 2 yrs. I did see signs of improvement within the second shot's of Hyalgan. And after I completed the 5, I started suffering bad knee pain to the point doctor thought I might have infection or water in the knee....negative for both. Another symptom I have with Hyalgan, my knees now crack quite a bit each and every time I get up. Prior to injections I had very minimal cracking knees. I will not be seeking therapy with Hyalgan.”

Oldgal March 29, 2021

For Osteoarthritis: “I'm on my 7th round of injections over a period of 3 1/2 years. They have changed my life. I started with Euflexxa but when it went generic, I was switched to that. Before I started, I was unable to go shopping or almost anywhere without using an electric cart or a rollator and was in constant pain. I have no kneecap in one leg and repaired kneecap in the other from a car accident and osteoartritis in both. Wish I'd started with the injections years before. Would've saved a lot of misery. I feel so fortunate it works for me.”

Jc November 21, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I’ve been doing cortisone shots in both knees for about three years, but they seem to be wearing off earlier after each round. The last shots lasted about 60 days. Dr offered Hyalgan as an alternative. Absolutely no help after 3 injections. Went back to cortisone shot. Within a couple days I had relief I wanted.”

BAD MOVE · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 11, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I saw an orthopedic Dr. for knee pain. Got a cortisone. Then back in pain in 2 days. Dr. stated my cartilage was wearing thin but was not gone. Suggested I get the Hyalgan shots. Insurance approved BC/BS. What happen to the in between treatment. First shot nothing. Knee was swollen before shot. Ask about it was told no need to worry. Knee was still in the same amount of pain. One week later second shot. Leg hurt so bad and muscles locked and tighten up. Was told because my knee was swollen and I did not give it enough time. Now my knee pops.Third shot the next week. Was told I had to give it at least 2 weeks after the last shot. I have all these symptoms. •warmth, pain, redness, stiffness, bruising, or puffiness and locking and popping. My whole knee was swollen. Now after the fact they want me to see a Dr. to find out if I have inflammatory arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis or gouty arthritis. I think this should have taken place before they gave me the Hyalgan shout.”

Kitty mom · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 26, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Lost kneecap in car accident many years ago, resulting in very painful bone on bone and recommendation for knee replacement. Had 4 rounds of Euflexxa, then because of insurance was switched to hyalgan. Both have been miracles for me. Have gone from having to use a rollator and motorized cart in order to shop, to being knee pain free and able to be able to function normally. I guess I'm one of the "lucky" ones. Getting ready to get my 6th round, 2nd of hyalgan done and I can continue to be able to walk without knee pain. Wish I'd started much sooner. I did have some itching around injection site with hyalgan, but it subsided in a couple of weeks and was in no way serious.”

Aloke · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 23, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “Pain never reduced even after 6 injections I had monthly once. Please avoid such injections as it worsen the condition more.”

Adie · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I had series of the Hyalgan injections in my knee every six months and it lasted and worked for me so well I could walk without pain! I recommend these I’m looking into it for my hips!!??”