User Reviews for Hyalgan

Osteoarthritis

Summary of Hyalgan reviews 3.3 3 reviews

Reviews for Hyalgan

For Osteoarthritis "I had a series of 5 shots of Hyalgan. Not impressed with this drug. I've had Euflexxa and Synvisc injections as well. Hands down Synvisc is my drug of choice. With Synvisc I minimal pain for a period of 4-5 yrs. As for Euflexxa it was less time pain free...would say 2 yrs. I did see signs of improvement within the second shot's of Hyalgan. And after I completed the 5, I started suffering bad knee pain to the point doctor thought I might have infection or water in the knee....negative for both. Another symptom I have with Hyalgan, my knees now crack quite a bit each and every time I get up. Prior to injections I had very minimal cracking knees. I will not be seeking therapy with Hyalgan."

MARTHA (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I saw an orthopedic Dr. for knee pain. Got a cortisone. Then back in pain in 2 days. Dr. stated my cartilage was wearing thin but was not gone. Suggested I get the Hyalgan shots. Insurance approved BC/BS. What happen to the in between treatment. First shot nothing. Knee was swollen before shot. Ask about it was told no need to worry. Knee was still in the same amount of pain. One week later second shot. Leg hurt so bad and muscles locked and tighten up. Was told because my knee was swollen and I did not give it enough time. Now my knee pops.Third shot the next week. Was told I had to give it at least 2 weeks after the last shot. I have all these symptoms. •warmth, pain, redness, stiffness, bruising, or puffiness and locking and popping. My whole knee was swollen. Now after the fact they want me to see a Dr. to find out if I have inflammatory arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis or gouty arthritis. I think this should have taken place before they gave me the Hyalgan shout."

BAD MOVE (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I've had three injections for arthritis in my knee. My first injection no change. Second injection I physically had to lift my leg to move it. Could not drive. Both my GP doctor and pain management doctor said it was a miracle drug. I beg to differ."

4surgeriesdown June 11, 2017