User Reviews for Sitagliptin systemic

Diabetes, Type 2
6.1

Summary of Sitagliptin reviews 6.0 88 reviews

Reviews for Sitagliptin

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been taking Januvia since August 2018. I started itching in about 2 weeks, then started noticing fluid filled bumps where I was itching on backside of my entire body trunk. Went to Dermatologist for 2 months before she finally done 2 biopsies of the bumps since I was miserable itching constantly. Biopsies came back last week showing it was a medication causing these awful effects. She asked about what last medication I had been taking. IT WAS JANUVIA!!"

Zanersnana (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2019

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My type 2 diabetes spiked after getting a high dose of Steroids. Januvia was the answer. I took it with zero side effects for several months. Then I noticed an extreme weight lose, currently 82 pounds lost & unfortunately Counting. I stopped taking it & I still had zero Appetite. 6 months later & I'm drinking Boost to try & not lose weight & get my appetite back. Any Food I liked is no longer good to my taste buds. I can't stomach the taste of Most Food. After eating I become nauseous. But my Blood Sugar is running great."

esamp901 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2018

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I had a 9.6 A1C. I have been on Januvia approx. 1 year, taking 100mg daily. My A1C dropped to 6.1 in 3 months. My doctor said try taking half of pill for next 3 months. My A1C is now 5.1. No side effects. I also am a sepsis shock surviver from 2016. I left hospital with 50% kidney function and continue having same function numbers having my kidneys checked regularly. Ty"

Vic (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 9, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "After finding out by accident unfortunately that I was allergic to metformin my doctor prescribe Januvia and after 3 weeks of severe headaches my blood sugar average has gone down but I just have had the most severe headaches. I've also gained weight to the tune of 10 lb in 3 weeks I had to do something because my last three A1C have been between 8 and 9. Januvia has brought my blood sugar down. .. but I've been taking Levemir, NovoLog, and Victoza, 4/6 years. And I've only been taking Januvia for 3 weeks."

Lucy (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Hi I was given stipagliptin medication and felt I had very heavy legs when walking, the pain was really bad so I stopped taking them myself but sometime later the doctor put me back on them. I got a pimply red dot rash under the skin on my legs then it went into vasculitis of a rare kind but I had been on this drug for around twelve months but doctor's in the hospital swore it was the stipagliptin that caused it does anyone know how it could take that long to do this I'm baffled"

Fox (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 29, 2018

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took Januvia as a replacement for Metformin for a short period of time and found it caused me to start experiencing shortness of breath. I quit after anther Dr told me januvia was the cause of the problem. Since quitting Januvia I continue to have shortness of breath and with even very little activity I experience chest pain. My cardiologist assures me I have no heart problems and no blockage but does NOT know what is causing my chest pain. I am beginning to think that my chest pain is being caused by a permanent damage from the Januvia to my breathing resulting in my chest pain. I am now on insulin."

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2018

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "2+ wks ago my left ear felt like it has water in it. Like after swimming & have swooshing sound in your ear ‘til it comes out. After 2nd day I knew it wasn’t water. Just annoying, not painful, so I knew it wasn’t an ear infection. After a week I began to get bothered since it hadn’t gone away & decided to go to urgent care. Dr said nothing there; no wax build up, fluid, or infection. Told me to tug on my ear & if still there after 2 wks call my GP for ENT referral. A week later I noticed hearing loss so decided to call GP & get referral. Today I’ve been thinking what have I done different that could have caused this? I have never had ear issues. In 44 years I have had 2 year infections & I swam almost daily in college. After thinking about it on & off today something finally went off in my brain that reminded me of my newest Rx Januvia. Stopped taking it today. Now I’m praying damage is reversable. Very disappointed my Google search answered my suspicions & 2 Drs couldn’t. Side effect = ear congestion."

SMC (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My A1c was 18.1 and I was prescribed Januvia 100mg tablets after a bad reaction to Metformin (Went from being regular to not going for weeks at a time). Januvia taken with 10mg of Glipizide once a day has taken my A1c down to between 5.5 and 6.0. I've had none of the side effects mentioned in other reviews here, although there have been times when my glucose levels have taken me into the hypo range 50mM. Don't care for that too much. Beyond that I have nothing bad to say about this drug in the two years I've been taking it. It seems to keep my A1c where it should be and my doctor is happy with the results."

TimO (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 20, 2018

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Taken for 3 days. I have cough- respiratory problems- put on inhalers. Diarrhea, savage pain at night that I feel like I will not live until morning. Quit taking it and reading all the side effects with it I wonder why this is even prescribed. I hope the side effects go quickly. I can hardly walk and breathe at the same time. Only on 3 days."

Ubu September 7, 2018

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Had an A1C of about 7. Dr. Put me on Januvia and, about 2 months later, A1C shot up to 9.8. No side effects for me, just not effective. Now using insulin."

TriedOnce (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Aug. 20, 2018 - After 10 days of taking Januvia 25 mg per day along with Metformin 500 mg twice a day , I started getting upper abdominal pain and back pain at the same time. The pain came and went all day long. At first I didn't connect it to the Januvia, but after 5 days of the pain getting worse I called my doctor's office. They told me to go straight to the ER at the hospital. I had blood work done, an EKG and an ultrasound of the affected area. Everything came back negative. I was told to discontinue the Januvia and go on a very light diet of broth, juice, etc. which is what I did. It took 5 days before the pain subsided. I have done a lot of research online since then and I see I'm not the only one that had this problem."

Karmelia August 21, 2018

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been taking januvia for 7 months, blood glucose was 26, I take 1000 metformin ay night, 34 units of insulin in the morning with januvia. With exercise my blood glucose is now between 4.4 and 7.8. 4.4 if I exercise but goes up once I eat. My joint pain side effects is excruciating at night. In shins, knee, fingers. I have ceased taking januvia a few times for 4 days to a wèek and the joint pain stopped but I always continued. It has helped my swollen legs and helped me in other ways. My joint pain is terrible tonight. I rub peppermint oil on my legs or difflam cream and take paracetamol rapid. Sometimes it doesn't help so I cease taking the tablet to stop the pain only for a few days. I take metamucil for the runs and cut back on veggies and eat superfoods instead."

T2d_jan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 15, 2018

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Januvia hasn't done much to control blood sugar and has increased my hankering for sugar."

Ruth (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 16, 2018

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Terrible drug worked ok the first few weeks then I began developing the most severe diarhea and dysentery I would spend 3 or 4 days glued to the toilet going through 20 to 30 pair of underwear (diapers). I was pooping in my sleep in bed. The dysentery went away when I discontinued the pills but came back immediately when I resumed taking them. Became dehydrated, shortness of breath, sweating, dizzy, vomiting dry heaves and felt weak, severe stomach cramps ended up in the ER room with an IV drip of morphine to stop the pain. I almost died."

Harry (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2018

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Keeps control of sugar, but having headaches, ear problem, insomnia, joint aches/pains, upper left side stomach sharp pains, gasping for breath... Not sure if from Januvia...how can I be sure w/o going to Dr.?"

Auntshirl January 16, 2018

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Very expensive and no help at all with maintaining blood sugar"

rudelizard (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 21, 2017

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been taking this pill for 7 months and no change in blood sugar tests."

al g. November 14, 2017

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Well I was given a month sample of januvia just picked up my medication read the reviews and now I won't be taking them...... Scared to swallow"

Anonymous October 26, 2017

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took januvia for two months and started to get joint pain which got so severe I could hardly walk. I have been off it for one week but still have pain in my legs especially the right. Would never recommend this drug to anyone, the side effects are really bad. The medication is expensive."

Bagshawpiazza September 20, 2017

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Developed neck swelling within a week, could not breathe, went to ICU, trachea closed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2017

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "For years I was on no drugs for type 2 diabetes, only diet. My a1c test were always around 6.1, and then my dr put me on januvia. My sugars are now averaging 15.7. The dr has just upped my dose to 1-1/2 pills of januvia and added diaformin. WHY?? From good control with no pills to out of control in 4 months. I'm really starting to doubt the doctors motives."

DaveA44-4-44 May 24, 2017

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Great works for me 94pt avg"

FBW (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 21, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I was prescribed sitaGLIPtin (Januvia) 50mg tab every morning and had my insulin reduced from 42 units in the morning and 26 units at night to 20 units and 12 units respectively. Metformin was taken out by the renal specialist. After taking this medication for 2 weeks, I noticed my blood sugar reduced from 9.5 to 5.2 upon fasting. However, I started experiencing tightness of the lower limbs with swelling on the ankles and stomach which felt bloated. Could this be the side effects of the drugs and should I continue taking them."

Alex1866 May 4, 2017

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Hi I took Januvia for 1 year and 1/2 it was helping me regulate my Diabetes. But I started to have a abnormal pain in my abdomen and didn't know why never though that it was caused because of this medication. one day I had the pain so bad that I couldn't walk or stand, I went to the Hospital got admitted right away because I had Pancreatitis. I got Metformin for my diabetes, for the pain I had a lot of IV's. I stayed in the hospital for 4 days in the 3rd day the doctor told me that the cause of my Pancreatitis was the medication I was taking JANUVIA. I know this works for a lot of people to help them control the sugar like it did for me, but please make sure that you tell your doctor make the necessary test every time you go to see if you are ok internally."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2017

Januvia (sitagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Januvia for about a year and a half. My AIC went down from 9.0 to 8.0. However, I have developed nausea, dizziness, vomiting which I never know when it will hit. Had colonoscopy and they found nothing. In last six months developed dumbness in my right arm and hand, reflux which keeps me up at night, constant urination about every 45 minutes and fatigue (this has added three more pills to my daily intake for those symptoms). Told my doctor and he said to keep taking Januvia and that I was not getting any younger. However, I read here that others have similar side affects once on Junuvia."

Anonymous February 6, 2017