User Reviews for Wegovy to treat Weight Loss (Obesity/Overweight)

Wegovy has an average rating of 6.7 out of 10 from a total of 118 ratings for the treatment of Weight Loss (Obesity/Overweight). 56% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 28% reported a negative experience.

Wegovy rating summary

6.7/10 average rating

Compare all 39 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss (Obesity/Overweight).

Reviews for Wegovy

Philly · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · February 6, 2022

"6 months. -65 pounds. Hypertension gone. Pre Diabetes gone. Sleep apnea gone. Lower leg skin breakdown gone. Slow progress now. I must fight return of old eating habits. Wegovy is not for wimps. But if you really want to lose weight, this is the way to go. This is like bariatric surgery in a small needle."

KJF · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 19, 2021

"I am currently on my 9th injection today, being my 8th full week being on Wegovy. I have lost a total of 40 pounds so far. Appetite is definitely curbed. Sunday’s when I take the injection and it makes me tired. A lot of gas and the occasional runs, but the weight loss is worth the side effects."

Kmac · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 10, 2022

"First of all, this does work. I lost over ten pounds in 6 weeks. The weight just fell off. Second of all, this was the worst experience I have ever had with a prescribed medication. Well, I started at the lowest dose and took that for 4 weeks before moving to the next dose which I believe was 0.5 mg. The maintenance dose is 2.4 mg I believe. How anyone makes it to the 2.4 mg is beyond me. I made it to the second dose of 0.5 mg before I threw in the towel. This stuff is WICKED. I spent 6 weeks of my life with an upset stomach, the absolute worst reflux and heartburn I have ever had, and constant nausea. I had to literally force myself to eat. Would not recommend. The side effects and the price is not worth it. Easy to lose weight when you are starving yourself and feel too sick to eat. Once I stopped it took a few days to feel better and the weight came back lightening quick plus a few. Not worth the misery in my opinion."

Wegovy in MA · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 8, 2022

"I'm in my second week of the 2.4mg dose of Wegovy. A lot of folks who posted mentioned cramps and nausea. I would usually experience this the first day and second day of injections early on but not so much now in the 2.4gm dose. The cure for the nausea that worked best for me was a couple bouillon cubes. Did the trick every time. Ate high protein and low carbs. Increased salads which are a key component of doing well with Wegovy and a low carb/high protein diet. I had gastric bypass in 2011 and lost quite a bit of weight which I kept off for a while, but gained almost all of it back through Covid and began Wegovy in October, 2021. As of today I have lost 67 lbs which is absolutely amazing. I am rehabbing for a knee replacement and this has been the absolute missing piece. This has removed all cravings of food, alcohol and most other things. My dosing day is Tuesday mornings and I can really tell on Monday afternoon/night as I start to get those cravings! Make good choices!"

LCMel · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 18, 2022

"Wegovy has absolutely curbed my appetite at the .25 dose, I definitely do not feel nearly as hungry as I used to. I will eat maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of what used to be a normal portion for me and get signals to stop. It has not made me sick at all unlike other reviews. I think it's a real godsend for me with COVID and menopausal weight gain."

Tracey · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 20, 2021

"I have been on Wegovy 2 months now and I'm down 17 lbs. I don’t exercise . Only thing I changed was stop drinking cokes and try eat a little better. I have found certain foods will make me nauseous. The medication pretty much tells me when I'm full if I try to push the amount I get sick to stomach. This medication works for me"

tallgirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 16, 2021

"I have been on Wegovy since the end of July 2021... with difficulty finding the prescription, I have had to go a few weeks between refills so I am halfway through my fifth month. I am down 34 pounds since starting and haven't been hungry. It has been the solution to a lifetime of weight struggles! I did have hair loss start in the fourth month and have added a multivitamin to help. My hunger was so low, I asked my doctor to take me back to the month three dosage. Hoping both the vitamin and decreased dose will help with hair loss... so far it isn't noticeable to anyone but me (and my family seeing the hair on the floor/in the shower!). Even if I have had to go 1-2 weeks between doses due to backorder, I find I am still losing weight and my lack of hunger is the same. I occasionally eat "bad" foods (fast food, desserts) and haven't noticed any bad effects or issues. I just can't each much of anything so I try to focus on healthy protein and fats and lots of veggies/salads."

Respiratory ma · Taken for less than 1 month · February 9, 2022

"This medication has been amazingly good. Wow It's only been 4 days but my thought process of always thinking about what I am going to have for my next meal. Always food shopping Always having cravings to eat Never feeling full. THAT'S ALL CHANGED!!!! I am eating half what I did. I am only eating when I am hungry and that is less frequent. This is not in my head I know there is a change. Thank you so much. Yes of coarse 4 days is not enough time. But I am hoping that the 12 hours of thinking about food stops. Each and everyone out there knows what I mean. We are constantly thinking about what we will have for our next meal. Food shopping Collecting recipes. Eating 2 or 3 portions of food Eating between meals. Having deserts etc. Next report will be after a couple of weeks"

Sally · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 9, 2022

"Wegovy & Ozempic (both are Semaglutide, but Wegovy is a higher dose) have been LIFE-CHANGING. It has turned off the 24/7 hunger switch in my brain. I feel “normal” around food for the first time in my life. I started with Ozempic Jan 2021 and switched to Wegovy Oct 2021 (now at full 2.4 mg dose). To date, I’ve lost 87 lbs! I have 50 lbs more to lose. I’ve had virtually zero side effects, just minor upset tummy the 1st week. I feel full/satisfied with much less food, I no longer think of food constantly, I respond dramatically less to food cues (seeing or smelling food), and I no longer get overwhelmed at restaurants/holidays because of all of the delicious food options. I’m in control. The only bummer is the price. My Wegovy coupon is about to run out and my Ins doesn’t cover it"

Mom of boys · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 29, 2021

"Just took my last injection of month 5 1.7. I have lost about 25-30lbs along with 3-5 days a week at the gym. Definitely curbs your appetite. The nausea is very real! Each month I thought it would get easier. It’s never does. A couple times I puked for hours. Lots of belching. In the beginning a little constipation. The first day or 2 after the injection you can feel fatigue. It works for weight loss if you can tolerate the nausea. This will be my last month. I have a 6 month prescription but I can’t deal with the nausea anymore."

Goodbye fat! · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · May 2, 2022

"I started ozempic last June. I switched to Wegovy in September. My start weight was 216.8 pounds at 5’6”, and I’m a 50 year old, post-menopausal woman. In 9 months, I’m down to 148.2 pounds (-68 lbs; almost 35%), and went from a size 16 to a size 8. Could only take 1.0 due to kidneys not functioning normally when upped to 1.7. I do not have time to work out. I thought it would be hard to give myself a shot, but it’s so easy! Absolutely amazing! Side effects are limited appetite and sleep (especially first couple days after shot), nausea (especially when brushing teeth or smell things), and hair loss (started more around month 6). But no other diet worked after menopause and stress for over 10 years. I love my new body (something I have NEVER said)! Will stay on it forever! Excited for warmer weather and outside activities (and the strength to do things)!"

Mildred · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 9, 2021

"I started Wegovy the end of July 2021. I was up too the second dose amount. I stopped it on October 8, 2021 because I was seeing extreme hair loss. I had called and spoke to a Wegovy rep the month before about it and they said someone was going to call me, as this was not a side effect that they knew of. No one ever called. I did look on another site and it did show hair loss. Know that hair loss with this product is real. It has been a very depressing time for me as they way I look at myself has changed because of the loss of my hair. HAIR LOSS IS REAL WITH WEGOVY"

Bmi38 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 28, 2021

"I feel completely normal with regarded to appetite. I hardly think of food and never finish my plate. I definitely needed the zofran script - I found the first two days were the most difficult. Definitely losing weight, which makes it easier to do gentle stretching to prepare for more walking and stairs. Fear is alleviated….hope is restored…I have control therefore the ability to make healthier food choices and increase exercise. Not for everyone, definitely for me."

Jedi · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 15, 2021

"Half way through the 1.7mg dose. Been on for about 4.5 months. Have lost total of 35 pounds. My weight loss has slowed down since on the 1.7 dose. Still losing but not as quickly as in the beginning. Have no real interest in food anymore. Sometimes have to eat when not hungry due to low blood sugar (had this prior to Wegovy use). Been trying to lose weight for months. Wegovy is the only thing to work for my obesity due to medical issues. Have noticed off and on fatigue, dizziness, constipation, stomach pain, gas, belching and hair loss. Can no longer eat fried, greasy food without feeling sick, which is good. Now I want healthy food instead."

Bo Peep · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · February 28, 2022

"I started with Ozempic (which is the same thing, I think) for assistance with diabetes. In the first year, I lost fifty pounds, I became more capable of moving better, and I started. In February and March of the second year, I was hospitalized twice for massive blood clots in my right thigh and the Wegovy was put aside for a couple of months. In April of 2021, my endocrinologist asked me if I would like to switch to this new version that might give me a boost. Sure, why not. I started with the lowest and immediately moved to the 2.4 doses. I have had no side effects no problems with the injection sites. The only issue has been obtaining the medicine. Oh, health changes. Within the first year of the Ozempic, my A1c went from 8.1 to 7.3, in the second year it has dropped to 6.1. My blood glucose averages are about 130, I can live with that! I have to be careful with going too low! Total weight loss is hovering between 95 and 100 lbs."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · January 22, 2022

"Worst experience of my life. After the second 0.25 dose I was up all night vomiting and diarrhea. The next day had chest pain, shaking, brain fog, stomach pain, more diarrhea and had to go to the ER. After they gave me Benadryl and morphine I started to feel better. Still have burping, gas, and acid reflux terribly. WILL NEVER TRY THIS AGAIN! It is not worth it to me! Wish it would hurry up and get out of my system."

find another wa · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 17, 2022

"Took it for 8 weeks, made it thru the 2nd titrated dose and couldn't handle it anymore. Nausea, gas, bloat, constipation, diarrhea and it was worse at night while lying down. Never improved, but actually got worse by week 8. Not sure how anyone makes it to the full dose. Also did not drop a single pound. There were days I only consumed 600 calories and still felt awful. I read another review very similar and agree that you absolutely cannot eat anything spicy. Bland food days were better but there are not enough antacids and constipation meds in the world to make me want to lose 20 pounds this badly. Took my last dose 10 days ago and am still dealing with residual GI upset. Hope physicians are more forthcoming about the side effects and do not tell patients they happen but subside in a couple days - they do not."

Serena Ivaldi · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 1, 2022

"Seven weeks in and it’s great! I’ve lost 12 lbs already. I don’t have that many side effects to discuss, but you do have to be careful what you eat and how much you eat. If you try to eat too much food that is high in fat or high in sugar you will not feel well. You do have to listen to your stomach as you get full very quickly, if you push it you could become queasy. As long as I pay attention to this, I feel fine and have little side effects. I do inject it in my thigh as I have read that it reduces bad side effects. Perhaps that’s the key."

MRS · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 10, 2022

"I have been taking Wegovy since August 2021. I am down 45 pounds. I did low carb with this which has really helped me to lose the weight I have wanted to lose. The side effects are very real, extreme constipation and nausea for two days after injection. The doctor prescribed zofran for the nausea and I have taken stool softener for the constipation. All things said it really helped curb my appetite. But you have to diet with it."

RNinNJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 4, 2022

"Wegovy does work, problem is...I feel like dirt all day long. I'm fatigued, nauseous and even the smell of food makes me vomit. My heart races, and I'm quite dizzy. I lost 55 lbs. Do I look good, yes. Do I feel good, no. I'm down to 153 lbs now. It's time to stop this medication."

Slwisdom · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 11, 2022

"I'm on my 13th week @ 1mg now. I love it. Yes I was nauseated at first, but the quick weight loss results made me want to continue. At this dosage, I am not really hungry for food, and if I do feel hungry, it doesn't take much food for me to feel satisfied. I have really cut my portions and also use high fiber, high protein foods, constipation is real people. Laxatives help. I make good food choices now and am down 25lbs. I want to keep going but the coupon has run out, and now my out of pocket cost with insurance is around $900. I am so disappointed to have to stop and worried about gaining back or not losing anymore. Novo really needs to make this affordable. The price is ridiculous and millions of people are dying from comorbidities to obesity every day. I have high end insurance, and still cannot afford the copays."

ShyFox · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 1, 2021

"Been on Wegovy for 7 weeks. Lost 14 pounds. 2nd week into .50mg. It’s a little rough on my stomach. Taking prescription for nausea which happens the day of the injection. Feel tired and occasionally get severe abdominal pains. I can’t eat much and have to really watch the types of food. No greasy foods or spicy or heavy. The intestinal pains were very severe after eating wrong foods. I’m happy with the weight loss but the side effects are rough."

Me22 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 31, 2022

"Just finished the last shot of 2.4 mg pack. I’ve lost 27 pounds and literally do not think about food. No cravings, and I eat normally (albeit smaller amounts). Some side effects at the beginning but nothing terrible and they all eventually stopped. If you can afford it - this is a life changer."

Mike · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 21, 2022

"Drug has been life changing. When I began I was 6'3" 357 lbs. Today is exactly 4 months in and I'm down 60 lbs exactly. Blood pressure meds cut in half, discontinued lasix and potassium pills. Currently taking 2.4 mg / weekly. My side effects have been relatively non existent. Early on some gastro upset and heartburn but all went away with time."

LMH · Taken for less than 1 month · November 8, 2021

"So far so good. I'm only on week 2 but am down 10 pounds with a combination of exercise and a 1200 cal/day diet. The symptoms I've had so far are: Tiredness Constipation Some hair is falling out (Dr will be checking my vitamin levels to make sure I don't need supplements with new diet). It definitely curbs my appetite which is huge with my diet essentially cut in half. I am looking forward to seeing sustained results."