User Reviews for Ropinirole (Page 5)

Also known as: Requip, Requip XL, ReQuip Follow on Pack, ReQuip Starter Pack, Requip Starter Kit

Ropinirole has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 288 ratings on Drugs.com. 51% of those users who reviewed Ropinirole reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Restless Legs Syndrome
6.5
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
Parkinson's Disease
5.5
Summary of Ropinirole reviews 6.4 288 reviews

Reviews for Ropinirole

Restless in PA. February 26, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have been on Requip for 3 days now. 1mg total. It's done nothing. I'm exhausted and want to sleep but the RSL keeps me up. I average about 4 hours of sleep a day now. I spend hours in my chair with my arms and legs shaking. It's pure hell. Sometimes I feel like taking a chainsaw to my limbs.”

janaleese December 17, 2011

Requip XL (ropinirole) for Parkinson's Disease: “Requip has given me 4 years of regained fine motor skills, word retrieval and executive functioning. It has been the only medicine I have taken for my parkinson 's disease. The disease marches on, but I can drive, work with young children and take care of myself. I have been blessed, even though each day I can feel the loss of automaticity and coordination. Requip has caused narcolepsy and visual hallucinations that have been quite unique, not scary!”

Mathew · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 11, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I started off at 1mg and have over 2 years gone up to 1mg in the morning and 2mg at night, have to take with food or the side effects are horrible, and if on something that acts on 5hta receptors, especially LSD the side effects become unbearable, all in all taken with food it's not she so bad, and since the RLS is so much worse it's worth it, still looking for a possible alternative aside from opiates which unfortunately work the best, but the addiction to them is no joke.”

hippiemoon53 April 9, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “This was a god send. After suffering from RLS for years I was only sleeping for a couple hrs a night. No matter how exhausted I was. The first night of starting ropinirole I actually managed 6hrs of sleep. It felt amazing. I was actually on the brink of committing suicide. I couldn't function during the day. Lost all joy in my life. Thank goodness for this drug. Have been on it for almost 10 yrs. Any side effects have been minor.”

msteeq1979 November 3, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “Was on Clonazepam 1 mg as needed. Doctor found out that it causes Alzheimer and dementia so they took me off it. I tried Requip but it made me feel crappy. When I stood still I felt like I was going to fall, I completely lost my appetite, and other things.”

Heather · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I found this medicine to be a lifesaver, I wasn’t getting any sleep whatsoever and up all night crying with my legs jumping all the time and feeling of tickly legs. I had to take vitamin b 12 and iron tabs 3 times a day then this medication once at night. The instructions say take 1-2 hours before bedtime but I find that after I've taken this I’m asleep within half an hour. I don’t feel myself drift off to sleep, I’m awake one minute and out the next, made a huge difference to my life and comfort at night.”

Ruined Pharmacist January 19, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “This drug should be taken off the market. How come there is no mention of the gambling side effect, the bizarre dreams, the hypersexuallity? Most people would "poo poo" such outrageous side effects, but it is real!. My husband is a pharmacist. If they can fall prey to this drug, how can an average person understand this? The drug manufacturer put these side effects in the smallest of small print on their drug fact sheet. It should be highlighted as real and devastating side effects. I accidently discovered these side effects and took the ropinirole away. I also discovered that a no wheat diet solved the RLS. The effect was immediately. Tracked for 3 weeks.”

Dot/oz February 22, 2013

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have had restless legs syndrome for 5 years. I started Requip at 1mg now I am taking 2.5mg. I have had morning sickness everyday. Nothing else works. I am hoping the path will work. I am willing to try anything.”

Genome68 August 4, 2010

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have been using ropinirole for about 2 1/2 years now. I finally can get a good night's sleep. I take it nightly; I can't forget to take it because my legs start getting restless. I have had to increase dosage to 2 mg and I have never experienced any side effects to my knowledge.”

Linda Zww · Taken for 10 years or more November 1, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have had RLS for perhaps 35 years or so. It would start and stop. But about 5 years ago I started on .25 mg of roprinole. it takes an hour to work so I took it at about 8 PM. But over the years the dosage crept up to .50 mg once at 4:30 PM and once at 6:30 PM and I was good for the night. Some nausea and some sleepiness which were OKay. then the two pills turned into an additional pill of .5 mg in the middle of the night. Still okay. But then about 6 months ago my doctor sent me to an RLS sleep specialist. What a nightmare this began. The specialist tells me that I will just continue to take more and more and eventually Augmentation would start. this site will not let me finish my story.”

kasialee March 17, 2009

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “After taking Mirapex for about a year then developing horrible nausea and vomiting, my doctor switched me to Requip 0.5 mg at bedtime. This time, the relief from RLS only lasted about a week. After that the nausea and vomiting returned with a vengeance and I had to discontinue the medication immediately.”

Texas Mimi January 5, 2017

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I I wanted to give an update as I hadn't started taking Requip on my first post. I had taken 2 doses, and had one episode of RLS the second day. On the 3rd day, I was sitting in the waiting room at the colonoscopy clinic while my husband was in the back. I kept dozing off, and would wake up, looking for my bottle of water, and it was in my purse, sitting in my lap. This happened over 4-5 times. Anyhow, I took another dose that night, which was a Monday. The next day, on the drive home, I was dozing, then woke up, raised up my seat, put my window down a little, reached out and pushed the mirror up! I didn't say anything, put my window back up, and went back to sleep. That was my last dose and I threw the rest of it away.”

PhantomF4Driver · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 5, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have been on Reqip for about 6 years and have a severe case of RLS. My legs spasms have worn out many sheets. I would have to say I have a love/hate relationship with requip. I take 5mg tablet 1 hour before bed. Almost like clock work 22 to 25 mins later I feel miserable with a constant feeling of the need to puke but I don't. I have always had insomnia which got worse on requip. I have been able to address the insomnia with trazadone and it works well. I have read others post and I think I am going to talk with my doctor about spreading it out in 3 different times to take it. In the past 6 months I have begun to have twitching in my arms, shoulders and wrists.”

Patti B April 21, 2011

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have been using Requip for approximately 10 years now for severe restless leg syndrome which affects my entire body, not just my legs. I take 4 to 5 1mg tablets a day and don't know what I would do without Requip.”

Rionkito5 August 26, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have had RLS since I was a teenager and the older I got the more severe it became. I have had many serious and extremely painful surgeries on my back and spinal cord but nothing is as bad as RLS. I have been on requip for almost a dozen years now. For me it has been a miracle drug. I can barely even compare my life before to after requip. Started off at .5 mg and am currently at 7mg. Each year I had to increase it little by little. Recently it has stopped working well even on such a high dose. I am barely sleeping at night and getting miserable again. I knew the day would come but I sure wish I could get a bit more time on it but the writing is on the wall, I will have to try another treatment I suppose.”

WalkingTalkingDead May 21, 2014

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “This medicine is a God send! I've SUFFERED from Restless legs syndrome for the past 15 years. On the worst nights I found myself laying on my stomach, beating my legs against the mattress, literally! My ankles just wouldn't stop twirling! I would cry & pray all night long for just a tiny moments peace, just long enough to fall asleep! Well, until this medication it never happened! I take 4MG a few hours before bedtime and my legs (and most of rest of my body) are so calm, I am asleep within 10 mins! I have also tried Mirapex, but did not get such results as with Requip. Good luck!”

Jwright7784 · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Unfortunately I couldn't handle this medication for even a week. I was on 0.25mg once a day (at night). I was plagued by nausea that would last ALL day. I developed moderate muscle cramping and I had extreme daytime sleepiness that not even caffeine could help with (400 mg of caffeine not helping fatigue is more than unusual). I fell asleep in the bathtub while taking a bath, when I woke up my head was nearly fully submerged, the water line was literally at my mouth. Unfortunately I had to discontinue. The nausea was the worst part. Feeling like I want to puke all day long is terrible. It might work for other people but this med is definitely NOT for me.”

Bev70 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 26, 2013

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “My Restless Legs Syndrome developed after a back injury, where I was diagnosed with 3 bulging disks and degenerative disk disease. About 12 years ago. At first it was only occasional and popping my back would sometimes help. The last 3 years it developed into an every night hell. The last 6 months I've been on ropinirole 3mg (worked up to the 3mg) and it was working perfectly! But the last month or so I have started getting RLS during the day. I'm considering asking my Dr to increase my dose to 4mg to see if that will keep it at bay. Weather I do or not I will keep taking it every night because I would rather have RLS during the day when I can walk around, then when I'm trying to sleep at night.”

Bee · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “So... after years of failed drug 'trials' my consultant said I was now severe so has put me on Ropinirole. The 1st night felt sick but fought it off but last night..WOW!! It was like a scene from the exorcist!! That sick flew out of me....within an hour!! Then afterwards I was feeling really weak but fell asleep pretty quickly and woke up at 6.... bit zombified though!! I DID fall asleep at my desk...literally 5 mins but was unexpected!! More up dates to follow... can anyone fellow sufferer tell me if the sickness wears off...pleassssee!!!”

Mike · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I don't know if the problem will go away. I've only been taking this since last Thursday - almost a week now. But I am having the worst nightmares I've ever had in my life. Before this medication I don't even remembering dreaming at all.”

pepsimom62 August 19, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have had RLS for a good 15 yrs. I have taken about everything there is for it and one thing I have found is no one thing works for everyone. Ropinirole has worked the best but even that I will have a night now and then when they get real bad. The side effects of ropinirole is tiredness. I call it tired but it is really total fatigue. I can usually keep going for a time when I am tired but with fatigue you have to give up and lay down. I don't go to sleep usually as I am not sleepy but have to lay down. I sleep pretty good at night but wake up in the morning feeling like I hadn't rested at all. There is no describing RLS unless you have it real bad and thank God most that I talk to don't.”

Candoitoo · Taken for 10 years or more March 17, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have experienced RLS for the past 10 years and started with .25 mg of Ropinirole about two hours before bedtime. Now I am up to .50mg at dinner time and and .25 mg at bedtime. I realize I can be taking a higher dose, but since I don't have the issue during the day, my doctor would like me to stay at a total of .75 mg. However, as several people have indicated, it seems as time goes on, you need more of this product to keep the RLS at bay. Most nights it works, but some nights there is no relief unless I take another .25 mg. Makes me sleepy yes, but, that is a good trade off. I have also found that when the RLS acts up, I have very tender spot on my leg just above the knee and towards the inside of the thigh. Using a vibrating massager on this area seems to help calm the RLS. Once the RLS is under control the tenderness is less severe and even goes away. Wonder if anyone else has experienced this? Anyway, thank goodnees for the Meds, at least something helps most of the time.”

Lynx · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 28, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I take 0.25mg in the afternoon and then 0.50mg before bed whether I seem to need it or not. Almost immediately I begin having restless legs. It does help but wonder why it seems to cause restless legs.”

Romanof54 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 16, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I've been on a dose of 0.5mg each morning and 1.0mg at night. It's been working great for the last two years but recently it's hit or miss. More often than not my RLS acts up at work mid-day. At bedtime, my RLS doesn't subside for an hour or more. Looks like I'm going to be talking to my GP and get a referral for more help.”

Texas Mimi · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2016

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I haven't taken my first dose yet, but hoping it works. My RLS occurs mostly during the day, and at times also includes my arms. Since I have a problem with chronic pain, I'm on Norco 10/325 every 6 hrs, Gabapentin 300-900mgm 3 times a day, and had been on Diazapam (Valium) 5 mgm every 4-6 hrs as needed for muscle spasms. Well, one day I got so desperate that I took one of each of my meds and the symptoms stopped after about 45 minutes! I was so excited as I would often have 3-4 episodes a day, not every day thank goodness! Then, my pain management doctor stopped the Diazapam! Really made it harder to control the RLS when it would start. I finally upped my dose of Gabapentin, which seemed to help. Still need some Diazapam to work.”