User Reviews for Ropinirole (Page 4)

Also known as: Requip, Requip XL, ReQuip Follow on Pack, ReQuip Starter Pack, Requip Starter Kit

Ropinirole has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 288 ratings on Drugs.com. 51% of those users who reviewed Ropinirole reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Restless Legs Syndrome
6.5
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
Parkinson's Disease
5.5
Summary of Ropinirole reviews 6.4 288 reviews

Reviews for Ropinirole

Ropinirole Dropout! June 23, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Started ropinirole 0.5 mg before bedtime in 2012. Now, 4 years later I have finally determined by process of elimination of other contributing factors that this drug was causing SEVERE muscle spasms/cramps over my entire body - from my face to my feet. Additionally, the addictive qualities affected me by eating habits. I found myself returning to the kitchen after a meal on average 4 times for a snack. This translates to overweight!! I began tapering off this nasty chemical and am losing weight and withing 3 days, my muscle issues are nearly gone.... after 4 years of pain & suffering & lack of sleep due to muscle/leg cramps. This info is NOT provided with the prescription, internet searches show this is considered rare (1%).”

Bagel · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 6, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I'm on 4mg. It works but I have terrible side effects from it. However RLS is incurable and is worse so I still need to take it. 45 minutes after taking it I get nausea, fever chills, and body aches. It makes me tired which is fine by me.”

DrmzRWkd · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 15, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “It works great for Restless Legs Syndrome. I can finally sleep at night. I'm 41 and the first time I experienced RLS, I was 8. I could just do without the side effects. I'm on 2mg and I think if it was upped, my side effects would worsen. I feel sick to my stomach. I vomit at times. I've had hallucinations. It makes me feel like my blood sugar is dropping, but it's not. Just makes my body not feel right. Thinking about finding something else without these side effects.”

H. Jeff July 28, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have severe RLS and have slept on the floor for 25 years because the hardness of the floor against the muscles in my legs give a some relief. I have been on Requip for about 4 months and take 2 mg about 1.5 hours before bed. The effectiveness is hit or miss. On a good night I fall asleep in about 30 minutes but wake up 3 to 5 hours later and toss and turn until the alarm goes off. On a bad night, I get about 2 hours of fitfull sleep and then my legs ACHE for the rest of the night. Requip causes my legs to swell and I have had to increase my blood pressure meds. Also it has given me some very interesting dreams. All in all it is better than nothing because nothing means NO sleep ever. I wish my Doc would give me something else.”

Shortyddp · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 16, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Been taking ROPINIROL for years. Don't know If it does any good for my restlegs cuz I'm also on lamotrigine and topamax....which I've taken longer. Now I'm on other meds for my back. But before I started the ropinirole when I didn't know it was RLS I would turn my fan on medium and keep my feet out from under the covers at night. Sometimes I would put socks on, a small ice pack and another pair of socks...I still have to do that sometimes. Also now I'm having memory loss, fuzziness and a few other symptoms from taking it. Going to talk to my neurologist soon”

Gerry F December 23, 2008

Requip (ropinirole) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: “I am a 73 year old male. I have sufered from periodic leg movement most of my life. Lately it has been getting worse to the point that it could take me hours to fall asleep. In addition to that, I have been having nightmares in which I try to protect myself from some threat. My defense was to punch my wife on the arm. I have also experienced sleep walking. I had been taking to sleeping in the spare bedroom so that my wife could get some sleep. This was not a solution that suited either one of us. When I began taking Requip I experienced relief from the very first night. I now routinely sleep the whole night through without nightmares or restless legs/periodic limp movenent.”

Celticherself December 1, 2014

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I experienced Bladder Pain with Requip. I had a constant frequent urge to urinate. This is not the most common side effect of this medicine; it is listed as "Less Common." But after taking this I did have lasting bladder pain that did not go away after I stopped taking Requip.”

takenadvantageof · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 5, 2018

Requip (ropinirole) for Parkinson's Disease: “Diagnosed with Early Onset Parkinsons Disease in the fall of 2009 @ the age of 47, I was prescribed the drug Requip. God, family, & friends were the most important things in my life prior to taking the medicine. I was very conservative with my $ and spent approximately a total of $10 on the lottery & made 2 trips to a Casino spending $20 in my lifetime. After taking this medication for approximately 3 months in the fall of 2009, I developed an obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) with scratch off lottery tickets & slot machines. To make a long story short, after risking loosing my family, soul, friends and losing hundreds of thousands of dollars, the decision to take Requip was a mistake. Compulsive gambling is a listed side effect.”

MoMilla · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 20, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “Requip was life changing for a year! But like others have commented, my RLS has been getting a lot worse. I have discovered that this is a rather common side effect of this drug. Before requip I used to have 3-4 bad nights a week. Now if I don't have access to the medication I don't sleep at all, and the medication is working less and less. I don't know if it has been worth it.”

Justfiguringitout · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Candoitoo - I read your comments on the dosage and leg tenderness on inside of thigh. I had that before I started using ropinerole. I was concerned and could not figure out why that strange tenderness was there. .25 mg an hour or so before bed, then 1 or 2 of the .25 mg at bedtime. It has helped with the RLS so it has helped with the anxiety, panic and depression that comes with sleep deprivation. Glad to hear someone else is having similar response. Bad dreams come to me with or without the ropinerole. That seems to be part of the whole condition.”

whitestar4 · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 14, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I suffer with restless legs I have for years I suffer with this 24 seven I have got to the point where I have thought of taking a overdose. It is ruining my life I can't stand much more of it I've been to the doctor again and he has prescribed me Ropinirole 25mg which has made me worse - stomach pains and very bad nausea next day I can't take this no more I take Temgesc 400 mg 4 to5 a day dissolve under my tongue which help me a lot but I cannot now sleep for more than an hour which is making me very ill I do not know what to do anymore. The hospital believe it was nerve damage in my lower legs. The pain in my calf muscles is unbelievable from top to bottom my muscles flinch terrible I am finding it very hard to cope with it now ”

sunshine5555 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 13, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I take ropinirole, 3 mg about 2 hrs before bed. Restless legs Syndrome rules my life for years now. I would be so lost without this medication. I start having problems with my legs starting early afternoon, but my doctor will not let me take any more than 3 mg...a day. Sleep is more important, so night time it is. I never want to be without Ropinirole!!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2012

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have had restless legs syndrome for much longer than anyone knew what it was. I was a kid in the 70's getting in trouble for "squirming" at my desk. It tends to act up more with periods of activity. When my wife and I were dating, I was at the gym and riding a bike and I would wake up in the middle of the night and do stretches and anything to try and make the feeling go away. Recently, is has become unbearable again for some reason, it is ten years after the last bad period. I have tried Lyrica, which did not seem to help, Neurontin - which helped some but was wiping me out with tiredness and I just switched to Mirapex because I couldn't see that 1-2mg a night was doing anything but making me nauseous. ”

KICKIN LEGS · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 13, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “Ropinerol works for my jumpy legs, but I had to start taking it earlier and earlier. Now believe me side effects are real. I became reckless with money - my credit score dropped from 700s to 500s. I started to gamble so bad I would gather all the change in the house just to be able to play the slots. I would gamble instead of paying the mortgage.”

kitjones December 27, 2011

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “Requip has been a God send for me. As with any other medication it affects everyone differently. I take it only at bed time because that is the only time it affects me. I do recommend this medicine to all that I know that suffer from restless leg syndrome.”

linny · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 11, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “helps me get the rest I need. Without rest I hurt terribly from chronic fatigue syndrome. I tried to stop taking this for a few months and I was exhausted and up most of the night with leg issues. A couple times I actually got up and marched in place for a few minutes. So frustrating to have RLS.”

Nicole L. December 5, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I was taking amitriptaline for years, but started losing memory, then I started losing time. With alzheimer's strong in family history, I had to make a change to my medication. I tried horizant, 300mg for a while, then bumped up the mg to 600/night. It still wasn't helping. My legs got worse & worse. I was taking benedryl just to sleep & some times even that didn't work. Fed up of crying & writhing in pain, I called my Dr who put me back on requip. 3mg to start. It was terrible! ! Incredible nausea, vomiting, sweats, syncope.... worst night of my life! I thought I was going to die! ! Luckily, my fiance is a medical assistant, otherwise....I probably wouldn't be able to write this.”

Sjcarr · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 20, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have tried several different medications over the past years. Some work at first, but later stop. Some have horrible side effects or just are not effective. I have found that requip extended release works nearly all the time for me. I have to set a reminder on my phone and take it (2mg) at 4:15pm. Regular (not ext release) requip made me nauseous.”

khsanfo · Taken for 10 years or more January 28, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “Have been taking ropininrole for probably 10 years and could not exist without it. If I forget to take it, I panic because I know my legs will start their crawling dance. As for the side affects that I read about, I have been extremely lucky to have dodged any. I shudder to even imagine this drug being taken off the market.”

Shayshayshay March 11, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “This medication has been a lifesaver for me. Sometimes I would lay awake 4 hours miserable walks, hot showers, I researched 4 hours looking for a solution. As soon as I started taking this medication I noticed a very big Improvement. There is one downside to it. When I take this I am asleep within 30 minutes I am on the 4 milligram. I am feeling very blessed to finally have a solution to the restless nights.”

Britches54 November 4, 2013

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I'm on 4 mg of ropinrole and that use to be enough but lately it is not. I was told by my Doctor not to take anymore then 4 mg per day. But I can't take it the past two days I have taken 5mgs per day does anyone esle take more then 4 mg per day”

salwill February 17, 2012

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “Requip was effective, and I thought that I couldn't live without it. HOWEVER, after about 10 years of increasingly disturbing nightmares, one dangerously extreme nightmare made me realize that something was very wrong. After stopping the Requip, problem solved. Now I take one Aleve at one hour before bedtime, and most nights sleep okay. I have heard that some doctors believe that RLS is actually a spinal disc problem, and since I do have a bulge in a lower-back disc, this could be my problem.”

RogerLegDodger · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 6, 2012

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I take 0.75 mg at 6.00pm. This totally relieves restless legs syndrome for me. Side effects are mild but include profound sleepiness and mildly heightened libido (true!) which are somewhat self-defeating. Because Requip is a dopamine agonist it works alongside iron as a co-factor. Therefore, I need to minimise iron-depleting lifestyle factors as well as taking Requip. That means that I can only have de-caffeineated coffee and that I can't drink alcohol. ”

Anonymous April 10, 2012

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I loved Requip the first 3 months with no side effects. I was on 0.5mg. Then I started to have anxiety attacks, emotional melt downs, fatigued muscles, hot flashes during night time and nausea. I stopped the medicine and all my problems went away unfortunately my RLS came back.”

Daggy February 18, 2012

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have had restless legs syndrome since before there was any medicine or before they put a name on it. I called it shaken leg syndrome. Then finally my Dr. put me on Requip as soon as it came out, I went up to 4mg quickly but I had it all over my body, so I went out searching again online and found 'NATURES INVENTORY" they have an oil for RLS and it works for moderate or less. So I use the oil when I'm out and about cause Requip makes me very tired. I only have to take 2mg Requip as long as I use the oil, too. Other side effects with Requip are: Sweating, nausea.. I nibble on my pill over about 2 hours and have no side effects that way... I can't imagine life with out Requip.”