User Reviews for Ropinirole (Page 3)

Also known as: Requip, Requip XL, ReQuip Follow on Pack, ReQuip Starter Pack, Requip Starter Kit

Ropinirole has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 288 ratings on Drugs.com. 51% of those users who reviewed Ropinirole reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Restless Legs Syndrome
6.5
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
Parkinson's Disease
5.5
Summary of Ropinirole reviews 6.4 288 reviews

Reviews for Ropinirole

Jerky Legs November 8, 2014

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have been on Requip for about 8 years now. My RLS is severe and I believe started as a child but became worse after childbearing. I take Requip 2-4mg at night. Guess what? I am out of town and forgot the Requip. It is 3am and I have not slept a wink. My sister has milder RLS, my grandfather had signs of it and then developed Parkinsons. I have seen signs in my daughter who is a teen and now have spoken to a cousin who also suffers. Thankfully my only side effect is sleepyness, because I do not know what I would do without my Requip.”

Dot · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 31, 2018

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I had been suffering with restless legs for many years on occasion, while sleeping. Then it started every evening about 3 years ago. Started taking Requip 1 mg about 2 years ago and it takes 1 - 2 hours to work. Sometimes I have to take another pill during the night. I do not have any side effects so I am very satisfied with it.”

Chelseabergstresser · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I recently started this medication for my horrible RLS, I couldn't sleep most nights because of it. I started on 1mg a night and within 30 min the awful leg tingles and shaking stopped! And then about 1.5 hr into taking it my entire body felt relaxed and practically put me to sleep! It was easy to wake up on too! I tried seroquel for sleep before and that was really hard to wake from. Anyways I have not had any bad side effects so far! I'm so glad they make medications for RLS, I feel like this medication makes me feel so energized for the next day! Puts me in a much better mood feeling like I got enough sleep! Great medication for RLS! Definitely give it a try! They have many different dosages ranging from 0.25mg-5mg a night so try it out!”

David BW · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “So far so good. I have mild RLS compared to others I think. For a long time I didn't know what I had and the doctor thought at first it was neuropathy in my feet. Tried some other meds for that (Cymbalta, Amitriptyline) both did not help with some side effects. I started the Requip at one pill .25mg for 2 days and it seemed to work well but with some pain still. Last night I increased to 2 pills at bedtime and pain pretty much gone. My doctor said to increase dose if I need more relief up to max of 2mg after appropriate waiting time. No side effects so far.”

CeeCee · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 24, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I’ve suffered from RLS 20 plus years. Like most, without medication, it is an unbearable sensation and condition. Have been using between 1 to 2, 2 mg per night. If I take it a few hours before bedtime it is most effective. However, I pay for its usage by feeling very sluggish the following day. It’s unfortunate, yet it’s a trade off I’m willing to accept. There’s very little worse than RLS.”

Steady Stan · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 3, 2014

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I've have an extreme case; it starts in my legs and finds it's way to the arms and everywhere else. I've spent more nights than I care to remember screaming into my pillow. Requip completely quiets the syndrome - 100%. But...then I spend the next two hours wishing I hadn't taken it, due to the endless projectile vomiting. I cannot take it, as I had developed hypophosphatemia from the vomiting. (I now take Klonopin 1 mg at bedtime, and it prevents RLS extremely well.)”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 8, 2012

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I began taking Requip when it first came on the market for restless legs syndrome. My symptoms got better for about 6 months, then slowly got worse. As the dosage increased, so did the systems. What began as nightly leg twitching/aches, got so bad I began having anxiety attacks at night. It was very common for me to have an anxiety attack and end up getting up on the computer until about 3am until I couldn't keep my head up anymore (Getting up at 5am for work, I was a walking zombie). Also as the dosage increased, I began having symptoms while sitting at my desk at work and also experienced nightly vomiting/dry heaving. I became suicidal. After 6 yrs I switched to Mirapex. After 5 yrs I'm on minimal dosage with incredible results. I feel human again!”

ShortyG January 21, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “My restless legs syndrome has become really annoying in the past few months. I was on Gabapentin which seemed to help but it started to become less effective so the Dr switched to Requip. On my first night, I felt sick and had flu like symptoms. The next day I took it early and immediately felt sick and started to throw up and felt chills and then felt hot. This medicine did absolutely nothing for me besides make me sick.”

EPH October 31, 2016

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “Have been taking this for years and it definitely works for me although it makes me very drowsy if I take two 1 mg at a time. In the past 18 months or so my RLS has gradually become more frequent during the day therefore unable to sit in the afternoons or if I'm on holiday particularly in a hot country they are a nightmare. Have recently been to the doctors and got 500mcg and when it's really bad I'm going to try it and see if it helps for during the day. On my last holiday I took one mg about 3 o'clock and it helped but that only left one mg for the evening and this meant it didn't last till morning but to be honest I think I need to up my dose but am scared that my RLS is only going to get worse so don't want up my dose by too much.”

Jen · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 13, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “So I started Ropinirole 1mg for restless leg syndrome and it helped so much with my legs. After I took it though it made me very tired Like I was in bed asleep by 8pm. I slept awesome, best sleep in years. then after awhile my Dr increased to 2mg because it seemed to not last all night. In 2-3 hours after taking 2mg I threw up everything!! Took it with food, without, tried...but it was ridiculous how much I was getting sick. Reading peoples experiences I've also had increased muscle aches, cramping in legs and neck stuffiness, so I'm thinking this isn't right for me.”

Dave · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 12, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I was suffering with RLS for a couple of years without knowing what was going on. Finally, I mentioned the symptoms to my Dr and he diagnosed me. I started on Ropinirole .25 mg with very little effect. Over the months it has been increased to 2mg. It has helped a great deal. I do find it helps me sleep when I take 2 hours before bedtime. Also, it seems to cause erections. I don’t see this listed on side effects list. Perhaps if I work up the courage I will ask my Dr. About that. I do recommend this medication if you are suffering from RLS.”

Wp October 16, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have been suffering from RLS since a young child, and during the past year it had gotten so bad I was barely getting 3 hours of sleep a night. My dear husband was ready to hit me over the head with a baseball bat! My primary care Physician just prescribed Ropinirole (Requip generic) for me a week ago. I am on a low dose, .25 mg, taken 1.5 hr before bedtime. So far, this has been a game changer for me! I feel more rested and so much more energized in the morning. The little bit of nausea, (the only side affect I have so far) I am suffering is a small price to pay for no RLS. I still have some insomnia and wake several times during the night so I will up my dose to .50 mg. and go from there. This drug has been a miracle for me!”

Lucylu · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2019

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: “I had been a bad sleeper all of my life and never realized there was a reason. I was sick of being tired so finally went to a sleep specialist and had a sleep study. He told me I had 300+ leg movements in the night. After increasing my iron and doing stretches I was still waking up, though not as much. I started on Ropinrole a few days ago and am already sleeping better. The nights are not as long as they used to be. I feel more rested during the day. I used to feel like a zombie. The first night I had a ton of really vivid dreams which was odd. Since then I've had a few each night. Not scary just boring slightly annoying dreams. Like a dream where I lose my keys and go through a day trying to find them. I haven't had any other side effects.”

Ready to get a saw · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 20, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have had RLS since I was a child (now am 38). Was on Clonazepam 1 mg as needed. Switched sleep doctors and am now under the care of a neurologist who recommended Requip. I started at 0.5mg and am now at 1.5mg. I have to take it earlier and earlier because the RLS is so bad. As I type this at 4:30 in the afternoon, I am ready to go get a saw and start cutting off at the knees! I think I am going to go back on the Clonazepam. This is miserable.”

Jack rabbit · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “So I am now 46 years old and have severe RLS which getting worse over at least 20 years. I started on ropiniroIe and I was very sick at first on 1mg, I stuck with it and after 5 days it stopped. I was taking 2mg per day but after a couple months starting getting worse - I suffer with bad legs and arms and then my whole body gets taken over by this disease!! So I am now on SLOW RELEASE 4MG, however I feel awful every night - Like I am full of the flu, feeling sick. I wondered if the fact its a different brand may make a difference... Anyone else have this issue??”

Anonymous June 21, 2009

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “Works great at getting rid of RLS, but causes rebound RLS after a few months of steady use. Also doesn't affect RLS brought on or worsened by extreme tiredness or dehydration. Rebound RLS is worse than before, and instead of having it a few times a week, RLS is constant after about 8pm, and rebound starts up in the very early AM. It works well, but I started to have issues after several months.”

Francis N December 17, 2016

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have had RLS all my life. For the first 40 years I was wide awake until 2-3 in the morning and my legs were wanting to run a marathon. First night on ropinirole was a come to Jesus like experience. I had to up the dosages until I was at 4 mg, which has been just fine for the last 8 years. I do not know if I would have made it through the last 12 years without this medication.”

Bjall February 1, 2011

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have been taking Requip for almost as long as it has been out. Yes, it is a God send for me. My RLS was so bad I would cry myself to sleep and if I was in a movie, church, or at a play I could not sit through the whole thing. I just only hope someday they will find out what causes this. I have to take 4mg a day. I take one in the morning and 1 in the mid to late afternoon and then the other 2 about 30 mins before going to bed. It feels so good to sleep all night but now I also found out peripheral neuropathy and have to take medication for that too. But as long as I take as the doctor orders I do fine. I feel for everyone who has RLS.”

rfields · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 21, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “ADHD all my life but RLS started after back surgery after a 40mph bicycle accident. I was 62 then and am now 70. The symptoms start in the late afternoon or early evening and preclude anything like sitting quietly, reading or watching a movie. At night it was impossible to sleep and I was getting depressed to the point of crying and having thoughts of ending it all. I'm now taking 3mg at 8 pm (3 hrs before bed) with 30 mg of THC orally. Prior to the THC, the Requip would only afford me about 4 hrs sleep a night. The THC helps with the nausea, hot flashes, and helps me get to sleep and stay asleep. Now I get 8+ hrs of sleep most nights. If anyone pursues this course of action, BE ADVISED, start out with 5mg THC and increase as need OVER WEEKS OR MONTHS! This combo has saved my life. Comments I've read here have brought me to tears. I hope this will help some of you. One person mentioned that it helps with ED. I can verify that. However, it does nothing for libido.”

Restlesslegisakiller December 31, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have had RLS since I was 14. I am now 42. RLS is a miserable existence. An annoyance beyond belief. I have gone with no sleep for 3 days at a time more than once because of my legs, or legs and arms, or even knees and a shoulder joining in to laugh at me. I have been on Mirapex most of my adult life at 1 mg being told I could take 2 on bad nights and it worked most nights, but most of my adult life I have taken Mirapex 1 mg, gabapentin 300 mg, trazadone 50 mg, and 1Tylenol #3 Every night.....just to go to sleep. And it took all of that just to go to sleep. A doctor might look at you like your nuts if you ask for all that but I'm telling you it will work. I moved and my new Dr decided to take my Mirapex away and try me on requip.. Fail..”

Texas Lady · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2016

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “After years of suffering with RLS, and two especially bad nights, I finally went to the doctor and he prescribed Requip. Last night was my first night taking it and it did work. It made me extremely nauseated and gave me a massive headache, and I woke up every couple of hours. The third time I woke up, I took a diphenhydramine sleeping pill. That is important to know because generally a sleeping pill would send the RLS through the roof, affecting even my arms. No RLS symptoms after I took the sleeping pill. My head still hurts and I'm still a little nauseated, but my legs are not bothering me. Since it did cause a massive headache, I will try using it only when the RLS is active, and see if that works better for me.”

Bmaebell March 12, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I began Ropinirole about 3 months. My RLS was out of control at bedtime and just sitting down for periods of time. I started with 1mg before bed, then 2mg, then 3mg. I was SO SICK. Nauseated, using the restroom all the time, severe insomnia, fatigue, dizziness, confusion... However, most of these side-effects have abated. My problem now is that right after I take the Ropinirole, my RLS gets horrible! It goes away after about an hour, but for that one hour, I'm in agony. Anyone else experience this? The restlessness is also in my arms. Ugh. Sometimes the insomnia persists. I'm also on clonazepam as needed.”

Bagel · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 6, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I'm on 4mg. It works but I have terrible side effects from it. However RLS is incurable and is worse so I still need to take it. 45 minutes after taking it I get nausea, fever chills, and body aches. It makes me tired which is fine by me.”

beau91 August 14, 2008

Requip (ropinirole) for Parkinson's Disease: “I've been using Requip since 2005 started with the progression dose. Now I take 16mg per day. Today saw my neurologist raised it at 20mg per day, because the effect starts to decrease before my next dose. Drowsiness and sleeping is one of the side effects I have.”

Stonehaven57 October 2, 2015

Requip (ropinirole) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “Initially medication was very helpful, but the longer I'm on it the less it helps. Now experiencing more day time sleepiness and I'm not able to stay asleep at night. Some nights it seems to help a lot, and then other nights nothing it doesn't seem to help at all. Getting harder and harder to rest and feel rested. Going to my doctor within the next 2 weeks to discuss different medication. RLS is very frustrating.”