User Reviews for Maxalt

Migraine 86 reviews 81 medications

8.8
Summary of Maxalt reviews 86 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Maxalt

For Migraine "It is the only med that has helped my migraines!"

T4t September 27, 2016

For Migraine "I have a very bad migraine since one year .. And i went through many medication and tried heaps of tablets but non of then work .. And then finally my GP PRESCRIBED me with MAXALT and guess what! As soon as i put it in my tounge i felt the sense of releif and after half n hour my pain is totally gone ...WHAT A GREAT FEELINGS .. Just amazing .."

Dinesh r September 6, 2016

For Migraine "I have been getting migrainea since I was 8 years old and nothing seems to help. I started taking Maxalt 10mg for a while now and not effective at all. It feels like I'm taking a sugar pill. Although when I do take it I get very dizzy. Personally I don't recommend it but if it helps for you I say go for it!"

Kath B August 25, 2016

For Migraine "I have had migraines since I was 11. When people say they are not hereditary...they are wrong. My grandma, mom, sisters and brothers all have them they did not even skip a generation.. my daughter and nieces as well get them. My physician calls mine sinus migraines. I get stomach pain, vomiting, an aura, light sensitivity. They had me on demerol, Percocet, phenergan, imitrex, nothing helped. I have been on maxalt a few years and the one thing I have noticed is that i get pain around the upper jaw area just under the ear...then all of a sudden like the snap of a finger all pain is gone 15 to 25 min. It makes me drowsey. I wake up from my nap feeling great but real thirsty."

Mmcm1961 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 19, 2016

For Migraine "I've had really bad migraines since I was 30 (now 53). I tried everything! Last medication I was on was Fioricet. It worked most times but not all the time. I also had to lay down when I took it. I have missed so many great events over the years due to migraines. I heard about Maxalt and asked my doctor to prescribe it. My quality of life is amazing. My migraine is gone within 30 minutes every time. I don't have to lay down with it either."

Migraine Free August 9, 2016

For Migraine "My migraines started on April 2 2016, I have had a constant headache since then, with the 13 migraines, after a CT scan in my neck, I have a long which needs to be removed, which could be the root cause for this ongoing headache however finally I was prescribed maxalt today after almost 4 months of suffering headaches and migraines,and taking other pain relief, icing it, quiet rooms, limiting bright light stimulation ,msiisng out on family and friend events and I cannot believe the difference it's made. I don't like taking medications, I try to do things naturally, think this really really helped, and I have so much relief. Kudos to the angel who told me about it from Medicare, while we were trying to sort out my card going missing"

ArisaY July 28, 2016

For Migraine "I've had ever-worsening migraines since I was in my 40's (I'm now 73). When they started, all that was available were drugs like Fiorinal and other mind-scrambling drugs. Finally, the triptans came along and saved my life. I started with Imitrex and tried the various other triptans, but Maxalt was the most effective. I would like to share one important observation: When I first started taking triptans, I had very few side effects, and was able to function at a high-level job, run home with kids, etc. HOWEVER, as I got older, I realized that side-effects emerged which have only gotten stronger over time. e.g. fogginess, sleepiness, nausea, etc. -- so be aware that side-effects can increase with age. Still, Maxalt is a life-saver."

ImaGima (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 28, 2016

For Migraine "I have suffered with migraine since I was 12 yr old, and I'm now in my 50's. I've had every head exam and test possible as well as tried a myriad of medications over the years for treatment. From taking preventive type things daily to treating the pain only during the headache. Nothing has given me the swift relief as this drug. It seems to give me complete relief within 30-40 minutes, without any side effects (that I've noticed). I took immitrex for years with little relief and horrible side effects. It would make me feel dizzy, weird and always made me nauseous. So I stopped taking it. Now with the Maxalt, I'm thrilled to know I can take it without worry of unwanted side effect. Thank you Maxalt! Finally migraine relief! "

JCDFIELDS (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 14, 2016

For Migraine "I have suffered from migraines since I was 19 (now 23). My migraines were debilitating and caused me to miss a lot of school, so my doctor prescribed me Maxalt. Maxalt almost always cures my migraines within 1-2 hours! The relief is long lasting; one dose and I am usually pain-free for an entire day. For me, side effects are infrequent and usually very minor (sleepiness, dizziness, “foggy brain”). To elaborate on the “foggy brain” side effect, post-headache I would sometimes experience a feeling of euphoria combined with a difficulty concentrating. Usually this is not a big deal, but if I was taking an exam it would slightly affect my performance and concentration. Overall, a great medication that has improved my quality of life!"

Marissaa (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 14, 2016

For Migraine "I have suffered from migraines since I was 15 , and am now 42. Maxalt has changed my life ! I used to be in agony for up to 3 days , but now at the first sign of an attack I take one , very rarely I have had to take another one a few hours after that if it started to come back . It can sometimes make me drowsy, but other times I have no side effects , just relief that there is something that actually works . I'm in Australia, so a pack of 4 costs me $25 ."

Thepixie4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2016

For Migraine "Since I was about 26 I have suffered from migraines (now 65) and tried everything from daily preventative meds, to expensive self injecting & very expensive medication, then cafegot suppositories with 3 aspro clear for the pain, I could spend hours and days feeling like dying and vomiting non stop, then there was a shortage of cafegot and that was hell, and finally they took it off the market, that is when my Dr. asked me to trial Maxalt wafers, at first I thought nothing could replace cafegot and I was very conscious of not taking ergotomine with rizatriptan. Maxalt is the best, it works within an hour, and so far after 4-5 years no side effects at all, and no more vomiting ever. Also I do not take any other drugs for anything, but Maxalt."

PamelaJB March 2, 2016

For Migraine "I've had migraines since I was 11 and was first prescribed Maxalt when I was 17. It's wonderful. I take it as soon as I start to notice the signs of a migraine and about 70% of the time the first dose does the job, within an hour or less. Occasionally I take a second dose if the symptoms haven't gone after 2-3 hours. Very occasionally it doesn't work at all. It has improved my life enormously. I evangelize about it. My migraines used to last up to 3 days - now I get a unkillable one only once or twice a year. Side effects for me are (as someone else has mentioned) one sneeze within a few minutes of taking it, a little drowsiness and eventually a little euphoria (though maybe that's a rational response to knowing the migraine has gone)."

SarahOxford (taken for 10 years or more) February 17, 2016

For Migraine "I've suffered from migraines almost all my life, first one (which I don't personally remember) was when I was five. My migraines can come a few days a week or as long as six months from each other so I prefer not to be on a every day medication. Having tried different types of medication, I am happy now that I have found something that really does help.I have probably been taking maxalt about 10 years now and have no desire to take anything else."

That Canadian Guy February 6, 2016

For Migraine "Works well, Headaches gone in about 2 hours of taking it."

Dave36 December 18, 2015

For Migraine "Usually works well for me and don't make me drowsy."

Onyshko September 3, 2015

For Migraine "I have suffered migraines for since I was 30 and I am now 51. I use to lay in bed for days, and would end up in the hospital. I finally had a nurse ask me why wasn't I on prescription medication. I told her my doctor told me I would outgrow them. I took her advice and switched doctors. He put me on maxalt 10 mg, and it changed my life!!!!! I take them now when I feel the onset of a headache and it never develops into a migraine. It saddens me to think how long I suffered when this wonderful drug was out there available. I almost lost my job because of the migraines. I was missing a lot of work. There were times when we would be on vacation and all I could do was lay in the hotel sick as a dog because of the migraines. thanks maxalt."

Towanna August 28, 2015

For Migraine "I have suffered with severe menstrual migraines for 25+ years to the point where I fantasize about amputating my head. I was on Imitrex (made me very sleepy), Relpax (worthless) , generic (even worse). Maxalt is my go to medicine. Unfortunately its a fight with the insurance company to get regular refills. They are trying to force me to take a generic. I used to get 12 tablets and they changed it to 9- which 9 is not enough. When I run out I cannot help but pray for the day I get a refill fearing I will get a migraine before that time. When the refill day comes, I stalk my pharmacy on the phone until it is ready. Ugh...talk about "drug-seeking" !"

Sheba Jane (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 13, 2015

For Migraine "Maxalt always seems to be my rescue drug for putting off full migraine. My Dr told me to take full 10mg tab (I would take 5mg as it worked) to alleviate rebound headaches. Also, she wanted to limit my intake of Maxalt to 2xday/2days wk/2days inbetween. I recently tried this with other drugs she prescribed for headaches inbetween. I ended up in ER yesterday with the WORST migraine of my life. I'm looking for another Dr. and blame the new regimen for the problem. Has anyone else been told about limiting their Maxalt in this way? I get anywhere between 2-6 headaches a month, usually."

Thessa (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 10, 2015

For Migraine "I am 56 and I've suffered with migraines since I was 5 years old. Maxalt is the only migraine medication that has worked wonders for me!! I take one as soon as I get the slightest beginning of a migraine and it is gone in 20 minutes! Not only that, but I've been taking it for 3 years now and I used to get 2 or 3 migraines a month, and now I only get about 1 every 2 months! Maxalt has been like a miracle for me...I no longer have to suffer with horrible headaches!! Additionally, I have not experienced any side effects!"

Teacher3rd March 24, 2015

For Migraine "I've had migraines for years and have been given everything for them. I also believe I've gone through every triptan that one could imagine. This medicine has been phenomenal in relieving really tough migraine pain. Within 30 minutes I can get relief. Also, I like that you can get it in sublingual form. Sometimes my migraines are so bad that I'm constantly throwing up everything. When I'm nauseous the sublingual form is wonderful, however, it also comes in a tiny tablet. I keep this with me at all times. It has saved me from multiple hospital visits in the past. Hope this helps!"

Elebia (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 21, 2015

For Migraine "Works!"

Jwkkkk May 7, 2014

For Migraine "I had migraines for nearly 35 years after working in a building that had been "bug bombed" overnight. About 10 years ago I realized they only came from neck pain and chiropractic did not help. After an exceptionally bad reaction 3 years ago to Cafergot, I was prescribed Maxalt and it became my wonder medicine. I have not had a migraine now in nearly 18 months (something in my neck has moved to relieve the pressure) but I still take Maxalt when nothing else will get rid of a bad headache after all night pain last night, it was gone in 10 minutes when I finally took it this morning. I wish I had known about it decades ago, none of the other triptans worked for me."

jessegooddog (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2014

For Migraine "I love Maxalt my doctor gave it to me about 4 months ago. After years of no relief my migraine was gone in 20 minutes! I admit I get extremely sleepy after I take it but a 1 hour nap and I'm back in business. Much better then four days of blinding pain that's for sure it is very expensive but I contacted my local clinic and they had me fill out some forms and received a free 6 month supply at which time I can reapply. You can also try contacting the company online they may help depending on your income."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2014

For Migraine "I've suffered from severe, debilitating migraines since I was 30 (I'm now 49). I've been prescribed everything under the sun but Maxalt is the ONLY medication that works for me. First of all, it dissolves under my tongue so I know that if I vomit, I won't throw it up. Secondly, and especially if I take it at the first sign of a migraine, it usually only takes about 30 minutes to kick in and fully eradicate my migraine. Imitrex and the others I've been on haven't worked or haven't worked as completely as Maxalt. I consider it a life saver."

LizCarter January 10, 2014

For Migraine "I have been taking Maxalt for migraines for the past five years. This medication is the only one I have found that really takes care of the migraine and any residual headache. The generic ones don't work for me. "

Femborg (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2014