User Reviews for Maxalt-MLT

Learn more about Maxalt-MLT.

Maxalt-MLT Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 129 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Maxalt-MLT to treat Migraine

"Aside from a slight burning sensation where my migraine is located this drug works wonderfully. Better than any nasal spray or OTC drug I've ever tried."

Milhorn November 25, 2016

"This little wafer gave me life back ! I use to suffer every week ,at least one attack.Not only does this kill the feeling of my brain bursting through my skull but stops the vomiting . Saved my life ,I felt I couldn't continue my life with such a disabilitating condition."

Kris W November 12, 2016

"Fantastic drug! Works every time within half an hour. Feel a little strange for around 30 minutes after taking it, but no other side effects. Highly recommend it as it's the only thing that works for my migraines"

GJJ666 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2016

"When I was about 23, I started getting horrific migraines out of nowhere that would incapacitate me for days at a time. My neurologist couldn't find anything wrong and I tried several medications (some would take at least 12 hours to have an effect). The only medication that ever successfully treated my migraines was Maxalt and it pretty much gave me my life back. It would still take at least an hour to work but it was really a life changer. Ultimately, I sought an ENT and after I had sinus surgery (and corrected my deviated septum) in 2011, my migraines never returned. But if they ever did come back, I would be running to Maxalt as my savior again!"

Grace S. May 7, 2016

"Works nearly every time on one dose. The second dose will make you fell washed out for the next 24 hours. Life is normal with this drug as it works in about an hour. I am in the UK so NHS covers the costs of the drug."

Red Leader (taken for 10 years or more) October 24, 2015

"I have suffered from hormonal migraines since puberty and am now in my fifties. I tried every option the Doctor could offer but nothing helped until I found Maxalt Melt about ten years ago. I call them my magic pill as they can clear a migraine completely within an hour. Very occasionally I have to take a second dose. They work for me with minimal side effects and are worth every penny. I'm in the UK so can get them on prescription."

Juliannaaaaa August 31, 2015

"I find Maxalt Wafers amazing. I get a little tightness in my throat but apart from that no side effects and they work within I/2 an hour. In fact it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off me. They are expensive but worth it."

Anita - Australia August 27, 2015

"My Migraine did Not go away . It might have only marginally lessened it . I went to bed for two hours and have felt terrible all day . This medication made me very sleepy . I took a Second Wafer some hours later but there was Still No Improvement ! Now I cannot take any other migraine medication for a whole 24 hours. Which is far too long . I made the mistake of taking the second wafer when the first one wasn't helping. I already had Jaw Pain so reading that others get it as a side effect makes me wonder. It reminds me of Imigraine and I thought that useless. Sydney Australia 2015.05.18"

Bondi May 18, 2015

"Maxalt, especially the melt aways are simply amazing. I've had to take them off and on for years. (Going quite awhile without migraines.) Then the generic was introduced. I've tried two different kinds. They are not the same! The generic makes my headache get worse right after I take it, then about 1/2 hour later it might work. I'm usually asleep soon after that. I searched for the 'real' deal again and it is as I remembered. Started working RIGHT away with very little side effects. Maybe sore throat. Such a miracle for me. It is expensive at times depending on whim of insurance coverage, but I will pay to have pain go away!"

DaMax May 3, 2015

"When I first tried it, my migraine was being relieved in about 30 minutes. Ten years later it takes about 11/2 hours. Previously, my headache pain lasted about 16 hours. Nothing over the counter ever worked. No unusual short term or long term side affects. Can make me a little drowsy sometimes."

YNNARF (taken for 10 years or more) April 8, 2015

"I am very greatful for Maxalt wafers as they help me get rid of my migraines, although the side effects of insane burning and jaw pain last and hour before, the wafer curing my migraine. Half half if you can endure the pain, its wonderful"

lenimissy January 12, 2015

"Maxalt MLT works great. Gets rid of migraine within an hour. Tried generic form but only reduced pain by half, plus migraine comes back within a few hours. Also side effects much worse."

KMSH September 3, 2014

"Maxalt MLT tablets do wonders for my migraines. It takes away the migraine very quickly, much quicker than Excedrin or Bayer, and sometimes they take multiple doses to work, if they do at all. The only negative is that when I take one, my neck and upper shoulder muscles tighten up--severely. This doesn't always happen, but it usually does to some degree. Today the migraine went away in perhaps 30 minutes, but the muscle tightness lasted for 1-2 hours, and this time it was so painful I wanted to cry. Still, it's worth it to get rid of the migraine quickly and before it can get too severe. Another thing: my neurologist gave me the tip of swallowing it to get it into your system in the fastest way possible; it's faster than by mouth."

Lisa25177 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 8, 2014

"Just took some for the first time 10 minutes ago and my migraine is ALREADY subsiding. Helps a lot more to put it under your tongue so it'll go into your blood stream quicker. "

xKarmAx (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2014

"I get very occasional migraines, sometimes out of the blue, sometimes exercise triggered. I always get a visual aura minimum, sometimes get pins and needles down one side. Untreated I will get the tropical crashing migraine but, thankfully, not for more than a day. I used to use Migraleve but often couldn't keep the tablets down. Maxalt Melt has been fantastic. If I can get one within 20 minutes to half an hour of the visual aura and get to bed it will knock my out for a few hours. I either escape the headache completely or have a fairly short lived one, say 2 hours. no sickness either. Superb drug."

CharliePants (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2014

"Works like magic. I finally have medication that works. I get severe migraines, and Maxalt has been effective every time I take it."

kennedy 1 December 27, 2013

"This is an amazing medicine that I can not live without. No side effects and completely knocks put the pain. Only once or twice did I need a second dose. It's a life saver. My insurance still covers it so I am lucky."

Pintocalle1 May 7, 2013

"One Maxalt-MLT usually gets rid of the migraine in an hour or less. Occasionally, I need another one 2 hours later to really get rid of it for good. Rarely, even the second one did not quite do it for me. But this is still the most effective medicine that's worked for me, after trying 8-10 other medicines (over-the-counter and prescription)."

TC631 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2013

"The Maxalt-MLT self-dissolving tab worked wonders for me. At a time when my doctor was trying to determine the most-effective treatment form my migraine headaches, this medicine was a God-send. My doc gave me samples of various triptan meds and I was to try one out at the onset of every migraine. Of the 5-6 different samples I was given, Maxalt-MLT worked the fastest & had the least amount of side-effects. I was amazed. Unfortunately, my insurance would not cover it and I had to settle with sumatriptan. Sumatriptan worked, but it took about an hour and I just remember feeling really weird after taking it. Anyway, if/when my migraines start again- Maxalt is what I want."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2013

"I used to take the Maxalt in pill form and these work 2x as fast. I took one today at the first sign of a headache and it stopped it in it's tracks in just under 15 minutes. The pill used to take 30 and often the headache had time to bloom and get bad by then. They didn't immediately get rid of the nausea I get, but it went away in about 20 min after it stopped the bloom. I rated these as a 9 because of the taste. They taste a bit like a peppermint candy that's gone bad, but it's bearable and only lasts for about 5 seconds. I usually wash the flavor away with coffee - I like to back up anything I take for a headache with a good dose of caffeine. These will be replacing my Maxalt pills even if they do taste awful."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 19, 2012

"Works fast limited side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 14, 2012

"1 Maxalt malt usually starts working in 30 to 45 minutes for me. Within an hour I'm able to continue my day. I have very frequent migraines and have used Maxalt for many years. No real side effects except a bit of drowsiness. And it is very expensive. Insurance does not cover the whole cost."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 26, 2012

"Miracle medicine! Only thing that helps my migraines and within minutes. Insurance wont cover so will have to find an alternative. If your insurance covers it, it is well worth it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2012

"Works within minutes usually. Have not noted any side effects with it although I do not care for taste. After it melts and is gone, I drink water to get taste out of my mouth."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 3, 2012

"Works about 75% of the time. So far this is the best medication I've been prescribed."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2012