User Reviews for Actifed to treat Cold Symptoms

Actifed has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Cold Symptoms. 78% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 11% reported a negative effect.

Actifed Rating Summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 299 medications used in the treatment of Cold Symptoms.

Reviews for Actifed

LLarson100 October 20, 2009

“When used for colds, Actifed works well for drying up post nasal drip that causes near constant coughing, especially at night. It does cause drowsiness but not a problem for night time use. I can get a nearly full night of rest. However, with subsequent use on following nights, Actifed's effectiveness lasts only half as long.”

Minariko February 9, 2012

“This is my absolute favourite for colds with runny and partially blocked nose, itchy and watery eyes and sneezing. This antihistamine does make me drowsy a tiny bit but I can go to work as normal and don't really see any difference. I tried combining some other antihistamines and phenylephrine but I keep going back to good old Actifed. The only downside - it really makes my mouth and throat dry, so I guess I might try taking half of the tablet instead.”

Matt_P · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2018

“Every time I have a cold, this is the only OTC drug that makes going to work possible. Occasionally makes me drowsy, but it dries the cold up really well Need to drink a lot of water as you get a slightly dry throat”

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj April 17, 2009

“It's the best medicine for relief from cold and runny nose but I feel sleepy every time I use it.”

Jb1988 · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2016

“To be honest the first time I used it, I thought it was great. But this time it's not effective at all. Still have runny nose, watery eyes etc.”

Verysleepy · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2019

“Took two Actified tablets and woke up on the kitchen floor with a blanket thrown over me. Seriously this stuff is amazing, my cold was gone over night and I feel like a new person”

Yato November 4, 2020

“Actifed is the best pill ever for colds - I can't live without it. I also take it when I want to sleep sometimes.”

Deeds1 February 23, 2009

“This product really helps when it comes to congestion, runny nose, etc. Definitely recommend it for cold symptoms.”

SecretNinja · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2016

“Makes me have a good nights sleep ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2020

“I was recommended Actifed by a colleague but having taken it for 3 days I've not noticed any clearing up of blocked sinuses in fact its getting worse!”

More about Actifed (pseudoephedrine / triprolidine)

Other brands