User Reviews for Actifed

Actifed has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings on Drugs.com. 69% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 8% reported a negative experience.

Cold Symptoms
7.8
Allergic Rhinitis
7.8

Reviews for Actifed

LLarson100 · October 20, 2009

For Cold Symptoms "When used for colds, Actifed works well for drying up post nasal drip that causes near constant coughing, especially at night. It does cause drowsiness but not a problem for night time use. I can get a nearly full night of rest. However, with subsequent use on following nights, Actifed's effectiveness lasts only half as long."

Minariko · February 9, 2012

For Cold Symptoms "This is my absolute favourite for colds with runny and partially blocked nose, itchy and watery eyes and sneezing. This antihistamine does make me drowsy a tiny bit but I can go to work as normal and don't really see any difference. I tried combining some other antihistamines and phenylephrine but I keep going back to good old Actifed. The only downside - it really makes my mouth and throat dry, so I guess I might try taking half of the tablet instead."

Matt_P · Taken for less than 1 month · January 2, 2018

For Cold Symptoms "Every time I have a cold, this is the only OTC drug that makes going to work possible. Occasionally makes me drowsy, but it dries the cold up really well Need to drink a lot of water as you get a slightly dry throat"

MarcusReddy · Taken for 2 to 5 years · April 26, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis "I've tried almost all of the sinusitis medicines but none come close to Actifed. Actifed is the only one which gives me relief from runny nose, sneezing, post nasal drip with 20 mins. Yes I do get a dry mouth now and again after taking a tablet. The only other side effect is that that after taking a few tablets over a few days, I break out in a skin rash in some places. (back, stomach) Worth it for the relief though."

Yato · November 4, 2020

For Cold Symptoms "Actifed is the best pill ever for colds - I can't live without it. I also take it when I want to sleep sometimes."

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj · April 17, 2009

For Cold Symptoms "It's the best medicine for relief from cold and runny nose but I feel sleepy every time I use it."

Verysleepy · Taken for less than 1 month · September 24, 2019

For Cold Symptoms "Took two Actified tablets and woke up on the kitchen floor with a blanket thrown over me. Seriously this stuff is amazing, my cold was gone over night and I feel like a new person"

Jb1988 · Taken for less than 1 month · January 29, 2016

For Cold Symptoms "To be honest the first time I used it, I thought it was great. But this time it's not effective at all. Still have runny nose, watery eyes etc."

Anonymous · January 20, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis "This is the very best drug I've found for frequent attacks of runny nose and sneezing. As an antihistamine, it's very fast acting. It can be scored in half or used whole."

Anonymous · March 9, 2008

For Allergic Rhinitis "Very effective for treating respiratory allergy symptoms & congestion. But the side effect of prostate swelling limits its use."

Sneezy1 · May 26, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis "Used to work great. 1 tab a day for allergies, no side effects. Lately bad side effects, sleepy and unsettled. "

Deeds1 · February 23, 2009

For Cold Symptoms "This product really helps when it comes to congestion, runny nose, etc. Definitely recommend it for cold symptoms."

SecretNinja · Taken for less than 1 month · February 17, 2016

For Cold Symptoms "Makes me have a good nights sleep "

Lee · November 1, 2018

"It gives me palpatations ... Can't use it anymore"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · January 8, 2020

For Cold Symptoms "I was recommended Actifed by a colleague but having taken it for 3 days I've not noticed any clearing up of blocked sinuses in fact its getting worse!"

More about Actifed (pseudoephedrine / triprolidine)

Patient resources