User Reviews for Pitolisant

Also known as: Wakix

Narcolepsy
5.2

Still sleepy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 12, 2021

Wakix (pitolisant) for Narcolepsy: “Wakix reduced brain fog for me. It hasn't caused any notable side effects. It may be somewhat wake-promoting, however it isn't enough for me. I am completely exhausted. I would continue on it for the decreased brain fog but I don't know that it's worth the price tag.”

May · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 9, 2020

Wakix (pitolisant) for Narcolepsy: “This medicine changed my life. I couldn't drive, nor stay awake. Now thanks to this medicine I can function everyday. It seems to work without loosing its effectiveness. I am just so thankful that someone finally came out with a stimulate medication what make me feel normal without feeling overactive, and causes and increase in heart rate or my blood pressure. I'm also thankful that it is not I the category of controlled medicines, it makes me feel like I'm take a normal medicine. Thank you for helping those of us with narcolepsy and, I also have cataplexy. Wakix helps with that too. I can laugh really hard without falling over on over excite, even when it good news. I tried everything, this is the only medicine that works for you me to control my sleep wake cycle. I can now go to bed anytime I want to, and wake up too.”

John · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 27, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “Pitolisant should begin working within 8 weeks of titration initiation up to the maximum dose of 17.8mg x 2 tablets upon waking. After several months and a long process to initially start medication, it does not work at all. After 90 days at max dose, no improvement seen, it is very expensive and my doctor agreed to discontinue it for no results. She had no idea the medication cost. No benefit from medication, thankfully no side effects either.”

Sleepydad · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2019

Wakix (pitolisant) for Narcolepsy: “I was excited to learn that there would be a new medication to treat the excessive daytime sleepiness I feel as a result of my narcolepsy. I mentioned Wakix to my doctor and he said he would look into it as he had not any experience with it. He called me to say that if I needed the maximum prescribed dose, it would cost over $135,000 a year! For a pill that is taken once a day! I knew it was approved in Europe so checked to see how much it cost there. Looks to be closer to $5,000 a year. So frustrated!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 30, 2020

Wakix (pitolisant) for Narcolepsy: “I was on a trial with this medication for Narcolepsy with Cataplexy. I have been on the trial for over a year and the trial is up. I was very dedicated to taking the medication, and it was working very well. I just found out that the trial is over and my insurance is not going to pay for the medication. It is thousands of dollars a month to continue. Not sure why they would even start you on it, if this was going to be the final outcome. Back to square 1!!”

Suddenly sleepy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2020

Wakix (pitolisant) for Narcolepsy: “Been on Wakix for about 6 months along with my adderall. At first it was great. I was able to be alert much faster and even able to sleep at night. Over time I began having the pins & needle sensations all over my body at night which prevented me from sleeping. By the 3rd & 4th month I started with the muscle weakness. I was falling down everyday and most days several times a day. I had no strength in my legs in order to get myself back up off the ground without assistance. Then month 5 I started with the nausea and couldn't keep food down. Month 6 I decided to stop taking wakix and haven't fallen since. Only been off it for about a week but the muscle weakness continues to get worse. Can't even stand on my own two legs or walk with a walker. Now I do have multiple medical issues that I think play a part in the severity of the muscle weakness.”

OUComanche · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2020

Wakix (pitolisant) for Narcolepsy: “I was stunned my insurance approved this Wakix as this medication cost about $135k per year. I'm just now finishing my first month and it's totally changing my life. I'm now beginning to be able to both drive and work again thanks to Wakix. I could never express the amount of joy this is giving be in an online review. it's a shame that the US healthcare system is so corrupt because this medicine could change a lot of people's lives for the better. To me so far this medicine is an answer to my prayers of retaining control of my life. It's just a travesty that in the US, it cost so much where as in Europe you can get it for literally a 1/10 of the cost we Americans have to pay..."yay capitalism..."”

Always Sleepy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 1, 2020

Wakix (pitolisant) for Narcolepsy: “I tried Pitolisant for six months. As I attempted to "dose up" I experienced nausea and frequent awakening all night long. At the lower dose it was ineffective so I went back to my old standby which is Dexedrine.”

B · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2020

Wakix (pitolisant) for Narcolepsy: “Just started Wakix. Very expensive and does not take insurance HOWEVER I was APPROVED for it by my insurance company and they also have payment help through Panther (the company) you’d have to speak to your doctor about. Have not seen any difference yet, but it’s just my first week and does take 8 weeks to notice any differences. Very hopeful! If it helps me I will be sure to update!”

foerver tired · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “I have narcolepsy so I started pitolisant a month ago, the first 3 weeks I had horrible headaches. So far, it has done NOTHING for me! I am very tired during the day, and have to rely on methylphenidate 2 times daily to get by, and it costs $2700 a month!”