User Reviews for Phenylephrine

Also known as: 4 Way Fast Acting Nasal Spray, 4-Way Menthol, Afrin 4 Hour Extra Moisturizing, Alconefrin-12, Alconefrin-25, Little Noses Decongestant, Nasal Four, Neo-Synephrine Extra Strength Nasal, Neo-Synephrine Mild Nasal, Neo-Synephrine Nasal, Nostril Nasal Decongestant, Rhinall, Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation)

Learn more about Phenylephrine.

Phenylephrine Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 234 medications used in the treatment of Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Phenylephrine to treat Nasal Congestion

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "Coming down with a cold and couldn't breath at night. I went to the drugstore and looked over hundreds of different products. A guy came breezing down the aisle, stopped for only a second and grabbed two bottles of this product. Then Off he went just as fast. I took that as a sign from the universe. Thank you God I can breathe again! I had a full nights sleep and breathed easily without any difficulty whatsoever. The name on the bottle says "Vicks Sinex Severe" It is a 12 hour nasal spray medication and it worked for literally hours enough for a good nights sleep."

Sylvan Lady of the day October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "This product really worked for me. Had nasal congestion caused by a cold, could not breathe through my nostrils. Two sprays up each nostril.. blow nose then another spray up each nostril and I can breathe with complete ease. Would definitely recommend this product. It does sting a tiny bit and its not cheap but still worth every penny to be able to get some sleep without a blocked up nose."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "After 5 days of solid congestion, I purchased this at my local supermarket. 2 sprays in each nostril, waited 5 mins and then gave my nose a blow. Then took another 2 sprays and left it to do it's thing. An hour later, my airways are completely clear. Fantastic product!"

PinballWizard (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "I caught a bad sinus infection/ congestion. The worst I have ever had in 33 years. I have used vicks nasal spray before but it has been many years. I went to the local pharmacy and picked some up. I used one spray in each nostril and no longer then one minute later I could breath again..works amazingly I give it a 9 cause it does burn a little.."

Jbme1234 May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "This product didn't make the slightest difference, a total waste of money. I won't be buying it again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Neo-Synephrine Nasal (phenylephrine): "love it"

Anonymous February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "I am writing on behalf of my partner who used the nasal spray to relieve a blocked nose, within two days of using she experienced severe flu like symptoms alongside a sore threat, light headedness and dizziness. The product only worked for a short period of time before returning her nose back to its blocked self."

K.A.W February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "12 hours? What a joke. Lasts about 12 seconds then your nose runs for days. Addicting as hell. Once you use it one you must keep using it or you plug up bad."

Steve L Jeremy December 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Afrin 4 Hour Extra Moisturizing (phenylephrine): "Absolute BEST "

Reeze November 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "Effectiveness, is slow with several applications. Works for short period of time. Afrin works longer and better, without the camphor smell and burn."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "I had severe congestion and pressure causing pain and a headache. Sinex worked within 5 minutes of using. I can now breathe out of my nose for the first time today. I was real skeptical at first but am very happy with the results. Definitely recommend!"

Breatheagain October 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "Not only did I not feel congestion relief after using this; I had almost an immediate bloody nose after I used it. I didn't find it helpful."

Lorna09 October 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "This product REALLY works. Vicks Sinex is the only nasal spray that really works and clears up your nose to breathe properly and get some good sleep when you're congested. Always keep it with me when I travel and during winter times. Best product for quick relief!!"

skux September 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "It works and I feel safe about taking it. My family has used Vick's products most of my life."

fayfaith July 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "The only product that clears my sinus... Better than any doctor prescribed medication I have tried. Absolutely the best over the counter product on the market!"

Bells15 (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "I literally could not breathe through my nose and when I used it. It instantly worked. I feel 100 % better. I will use this for the rest of my life."

wahid mashriqi April 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Immediate ability to breath fully and normally through nose. Made me realize I have chronic congestion as I don't ever recall being able to breath through my nose this well. Unfortunately it lasts a few hours max for me and its recommended to not take for more than three days. An absolute tease but fantastic being able to sleep breathing through my nose"

A + May 3, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "Love the product and keep it on hand EVERY winter. I've had trouble breathing in winter months for as long as I can remember. Sinex is the only product I know of that works instantly so I can go to sleep without breathing through my mouth! I love it! I can't find the words to say just how much I love it and how well IT WORKS!"

dina l February 14, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "Over the last few weeks, I've been struggling with nasal congestion on and off with the rapid changes of weather we have been experiencing in Texas. I figured that by drinking plenty of non-caffeinated fluids (i.e. mostly water, herbal teas, etc), my condition would go away on its own. I do not believe in using medicines to solve small problems like headaches and colds, but with only hours to spare before a presentation at work I gave in and tried Sinex. I have never had such a quick turn-around from not being able to breathe through my nose at all to having near perfect breathing in a matter of seconds. My family has stood by Vicks products for years and I most certainly can and will recommend Sinex Spray as a solution to nasal congestion."

Pr3vention November 14, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray (old formulation) (phenylephrine): "This is so far the only medication that helps a lot with my condition. Unfortunately I cannot take it for long periods of time."

Anonymous May 16, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Afrin 4 Hour Extra Moisturizing (phenylephrine): "Relieves symptoms and nose not as dry. But can only be used for short periods due to label warnings. After that it may worsen symptoms."

Anonymous November 29, 2008