User Reviews for Pemoline to treat ADHD

Pemoline has an average rating of 9.8 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of ADHD. 100% of those users who reviewed Pemoline reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Pemoline Rating Summary

9.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 53 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

85% 11
8% 1
8% 1

Reviews for Pemoline

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 6, 2021

Cylert (pemoline): “Well as helpful as it was at least this company, did the moral thing and discontinued it due to unhealthy components of it. I don't see that happening today. Medication today comes with too many side effects. Hopefully we can get the good ol days back, but doubtful.”

Jandji · Taken for 10 years or more January 24, 2021

Cylert (pemoline): “I loved Cylert! It saved my life in my opinion, it made me come to life and wake up. When it was taken off the market my world changed upside down and I have struggled with my health ever since. Best medicine ever”

Mark · Taken for 10 years or more January 28, 2019

Cylert (pemoline): “Started taking it in 1987. It changed my life immediately for the better. Things are not the same since it was taken off the market in 2005. I have tried them all and nothing has worked for me. I wish Abbott Labs could mimic the compound without the side effects.”

Overthehill September 14, 2018

“My Dr. Started prescribing me this medication in the early 90s. It was the perfect medication for me. I was able to focus. Get me from getting tired. And I was able to sleep at night. When the drug was discontinued. My new doctor tried me on Ritalin, Adderall, Wellbutrin Etc. None of them have seem to work as well. Although my Dr did keep me on Ritalin. Until I had heart surgery. Cylert, although it has alleged liver side effects. Does not seem to have cardiovascular issues the same as Ritalin or Adderall. I was fortunate to find an expired prescription for pemoline in my medicine cabinet. Which I have taken the last 2 days. Although the prescription is expired by almost 10 years it has not lost any of his effectiveness. And at least for the last few days I have felt great. I wish the drug would come back!”

Tradon June 5, 2018

“Like some people above said it is too bad, that pemoline is not available anymore. The mechanism of action is unique! Pemoline changed my life. It was not a drugged up feeling, but a feeling with slight euphoria and a very good focus for about seven hours. There was no crash and bad comedown like with amphetamines and Ritalin. In Germany the drug was taken away in 2006. I had a prescription in my hand and the women in the pharmacy told me, that it is not sold anymore. Can you imagine how I felt? It was horrible... We are writing the year 2018 and it is twelve years after they removed it from the german market but I can´t forget and I will not forget!! I invested hundreds of hours with research and here are the things I found out. The good news is, it is not cancelled in every country. There is one country where it is been prescribed. It is Japan! So if you have a doctor who will give you a prescription, I think there is a chance to obtain it from an international Pharmacy”

Jenni Lu · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 28, 2018

“This drug was so amazing and it transformed my life. I was devastated when it was taken off the market.”

rocempire July 6, 2017

Cylert (pemoline): “No better ADHD drug on the planet and I have tried them all. I started with cylert and Wellbutrin in 1997. My life changed, I cannot even describe how much. I became the person I always knew I could be. 2005 the cure was taken off the market. After so many different drug attempts and extended periods without any medication. I'm now on Vyvanse. Let me tell you it does not hold a candle to cylert but I thought I was somewhat closer. I have done my research and the "cure" still exists. I was so happy to ready the above comments. I feel a little less alone.”

ADHD kid with two May 5, 2015

Cylert (pemoline): “Wish it was still available. I miss being able to function like a 'normal' adult. Dexedrine, Ritalin, Adderall, Concerta, Strattera, Wellbutrin - none of these worked. some lessened appetite, some turned me into a zombie. Cylert worked - yes some side effects, mainly tourettes-like, but in order to function normally? I'll gladly cluck like a chicken randomly to concentrate (that was my side effect). Life without is back to my reality - oh, look, a doorknob. I wonder how it works? I bet it's some sort of cam mechanism that operates via - oh, look, a wireless transceiver, I wonder if it is in the 2.4 Ghz spectrum or if it is - oh look, a wireless mouse, I wonder if it operates via bluetooth or is on the same 2.4 Ghz spectrum as the - oh look.......”

SaturnSighed January 29, 2015

Cylert (pemoline): “I took this medicine from the mid 70's until it was banned in the US in 2005. There is no other medicine like it that I have found. A very small dose each day kept me focused and improved my memory and mood. It never affected my appetite nor kept me awake at night and there was none of the emotional roller-coaster effect I find with every other medicine I have tried since.”

jamiehhhh1267$31)0" & 6 December 7, 2014

Cylert (pemoline): “Its noz good as adderoll”

Greenjeans98 · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 31, 2013

Cylert (pemoline): “This was my best ADHD med by far. My doctor quit prescribing it when the liver problems emerged years ago. I didn't know it was still available. Hmmm.”

Wjam · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 19, 2013

Cylert (pemoline): “I started on Cylert in 1990 and my brain activity took off. I was concentrating better, I wasn't as nervous as I used to be. I stopped taking it because my doctor moved from one location to out of state. I figured I'd give it a try without it. I went back on it in 1998 for a period of time and felt as I did back in the early 1990s. I now cannot get it because of hepatic problems, but I am willing to keep taking it because it is and was the best ADD medication I have ever had. I am very upset and sorry for all of us who do not use it anymore and there are no more alternatives closest to Cylert. Maybe one day there will be, but until then, with all of the medications I have tried, my mind will continue to spin and constantly be on run.”

5yroldmind September 13, 2010

Cylert (pemoline): “Doctors would often laugh when they heard which medication I was taking for ADHD: Cylert, I was on a "kid dosage": 37.5 mg, 1 in the morning. I was diagnosed with Attention Deficit as a young adult. I'd struggled my whole life with social anxiety, depression, impulsiveness, inability to remain in stable relationships. Maintained a good GPA through my Junior year in University and couldn't tolerate one more year. I'd always been creative and quickly learned what interested me. I was shocked when Cylert was blackboxed. My liver function was fine and I had a normal sex drive. After decades of demanding high-tech jobs, one day Cylert just quit working. Ritalin..finally Adderall. Both killed my sex drive. BUT I could focus! Switching to Dexedrine ER.”

Freakazoid_Weirdos_Unite! October 1, 2008

Cylert (pemoline): “I took this for about a year, about 10 years ago, and I still think it was one of the best ADHD drugs I ever took. I remember many of my nervous behaviors were significantly decreased. For once, I had enough fingernails to actually need a nail clipper! I actually had less trouble falling asleep at night, and don't recall any problems with appetite. I did have some moodiness, but I'm not sure whether it was the drug, or pre-existing depression. Another plus is it's not schedule II, so you don't have to try and remember to get your prescription every single month. ”

More about pemoline