User Reviews for Paxil (Page 2)

Learn more about Paxil.

Paxil Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 188 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Paxil to treat Anxiety

"Took a single Paxil pill and felt immediately sick within two hours or taking it. This "sick" feeling lasted for a solid week. I thought that I probably just got the flu at the same time I started taking Paxil, so I tried it again. Nope, still made me feel sick. I didn't think it was possible to get every single common side effect listed from taking one pill, but I guess I was wrong."

Alwaysanxious December 30, 2015

"I have always had anxiety ever since Iwas young but this past summer I was so bad I couldn't go anywhere or do anything. I was even at the point I didn't want to leave the house I was so depressed. I didn't know what I was going to do and I was ruining my daughters and husbands life so I went to the doctor and she put me on paxil 30 mg. I didn't want to take it cause I never take pills not even for a headache and was scared how it was going to make me feel. But I took it and it changed my life after about a month I could go places and enjoyed life again with God and my family's help I am doing so much better I still have some days I don't feel good but i don't let it get me down so if anyone is struggling with anxiety there is help out there"

heavenly sunshine (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2015

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This pill has changed my life. I had no idea how bad I suffered from anxiety until I started taking this. I take 20mg a day and after a month I noticed a huge change. It's been 2 months now and I feel like myself again. I'm so glad I decided to see my doctor and get help. I can't believe I lived for so long being so miserable. I have so much fun now doing things I couldn't do when dealing with my anxiety. I love going out and meeting new people when before I could barely leave the house to grab the mail without having crazy fears. I am able to talk about my anxiety openly to anyone now too which is a huge change. The only problem I have is sleeping, which my doctor had to prescribe another drug for that."

Jenb13 December 4, 2015

"This medication has worked for me for over five years. I started taking it for anxiety but it has also helped me with my extreme shyness. It throws a wet blanket over your emotions. It does reduce both the highs and lows and evens out your emotions."

Bbelement November 22, 2015

"I took this about 3 years ago for a massive mental breakdown I was having panic attacks multiple times a day I couldn't get out of bed I couldn't leave the house I couldn't eat I couldn't do anything I was prescribed this and ativan and eventually after probably a month of horrid horrible experience I started to come out of my anxiety depression all of it I came off of the drug probably a couple months later and was completely fine for about 2 years with just normal anxiety that I could manage. I tried it again a couple weeks ago for the same reason and it was hell was suicidal within the first 3 days in every side effect I can think of I discontinued immediately now looking for something else "

Arielle828ddss? November 18, 2015

"My physician prescribed me 20mg of paxil daily when I saw her for anxiety/depression. The first couple of days I had trouble sleeping and had a lot of energy, but no anxiety. This drug definitely reduced my anxiety and I felt more sociable, but after a month or so I noticed that I couldn't focus and I started to lose motivation to do anything and had no energy. I felt more depressed than before I had started the medication, and on my days off from work I would end up sleeping all day. Quit cold turkey whike taking 5-htp and experienced the brain zaps for a couple days, but now I feel like myself again. I can't recommend this med. I think exercise and good diet are more effective at improving my mood."

Romy333 November 16, 2015

""I have GAD, and after three years of taking care of my younger brother who has severe GAD as well as going through an episode of pyschosis, I was told by my pdoc that I have "caregiver's burnout". I was prescribed 20 mgs of Paxil every day and 15mg of Buspirone (Buspar) twice a day. It has been nearly a month now on these meds and I do see an improvement. I'm not sure which one is helping me more but my anxiety level has gone from an 8 or 9 every day to about a 5. I hope to see continued improvement.""

JTChase November 6, 2015

"I am on Paxil for 10 years and I can't live without it"

Phurriz November 3, 2015

"Worked great for anxiety. I was calling 911 thinking I was dying that's how bad it was. I tried a bunch of SSRI's. Paxil suppressed all my feelings which took the anxiety away. But made me impotent Not a good result for me."

Ericlh100 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2015

"I was givin paxil by my doctor, and It works wonders. It is rare that I even feel most anxiety, and I haven't had an attack in months. I've been on it a couple years and have yet to feel it stop working. BUT, do not take this if you aren't willing to have a long time commitment with it. One thing the doctor won't tell you about straight up is the withdrawal. I've tried to come off of paxil, out of frustration mostly at the withdrawal effects, and all I can describe it as is a living hell. Confusion blurred vision, brain zaps, vertigo, nausea, depression, increased anxiety, etc. Not for the faint of heart. If you can, go with something else."

Linds mcc October 14, 2015

"I've been taking Paxil for 8 days and have been experiencing horrific nightmares gettin worse each night. I'm done with this script for sure"

Ave2468 October 10, 2015

"First antidepressant I tried after my first panic attack (which eventually turned into GAD based depression). This med didn't seem to help at all. Made me super somnolent yet I couldn't sleep without the aid of a benzo. My brain just felt overactive. First time I took it was for about 2 and 1/2 weeks, hated how I felt, got off and was fine. Second time, a few months later, feelings came back. I decided to try this one more time. Again, worse sleep and just made me feel super disconnected and tired all the time. Mind you, I originally tried at night and after no success with sleep, switched to morning. After a month, I stopped it. It wasn't helping at all. Heard this is most sedating of SSRI's but wasn't for me."

Brett84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2015

"I have been taking Paxil since 2001, when I was in college and age 21. I have always been an anxious person. My anxiety was probably partly biological or genetic and partly learned from my anxious parents. In 2001 my anxiety became very bad. For the first time in my life I was having panic attacks and became agoraphobic. I was hardly eating. I was also suicidal. A doctor at my college put me on 60 mg of Paxil daily and 1 mg of Ativan three times a day. I also began seeing a psychologist and a psychiatrist. After about half a year I was able to decrease the Paxil to 50 mg per day and the Ativan to once a day. The combination of Paxil and Ativan saved my life! My anxiety decreased tremendously and I felt so much better!"

AnnieInFlorida (taken for 10 years or more) September 10, 2015

"The last 10 years of my life have been hell to say the least. I'm a single father to a 10 year old lovely boy. Over the years however I became a complete recluse with major depression and anxiety. I started taking Paxil 25mg and it has returned me to the confident person I was before and am again able to take care of my son. Thank you for giving my life back."

WillWin August 14, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I began taking Paxil for my depression and Anxiety. I started at 10 mg. The first night I took it I had horrible dizziness, headache, sickness, and felt weak. The next night I felt fine. Now it is 3 months later and I feel wonderful! No side effects, and I can get through the day without Anxiety being the focal point. I am now up to 30 mg."

Mr. Michaels August 11, 2015

"Have been on Paroxetine twice. It worked very well both times. Only side effects were increased anxiety at first (went away after a week) and heart palpitations (also went away). Only reason I would recommend trying something else first is because the withdrawals make coming off this drug very difficult."

Peter1990 August 6, 2015

"it does takes away anxiety but with cost of lack in libido and supresses all the feelings....very very hard to get off this med....."

kish9046 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2015

"I have been on paxil for almost a year now for anxiety. It works most of the time. I do not have hard core panic attack anymore. My only gripe is if I miss a day I have crazy brain fuzz, I seem to eat more, and I do not really care about anything."

Mortimore12 July 7, 2015

"After 10 years on citalopram working brilliantly, it 'pooped' out on me. I was put on sertraline which made me 100 times worse and I felt like I was losing my mind. There were times when I was suicidal which never happened before. After 18 months of trying different medications I decided to try Paxil. I was nervous to be honest but I wanted to feel better than what I was. I have anxiety, depression which led to my OCD, mainly intrusive thoughts which were very distressing. I must say that after 2 weeks I have felt better than what I had done in ages. Still not 100% but it is early days. I know everyone reacts differently to medications but do not be put off by negative reviews, this might be the drug for you. I am so glad that I tried it."

mumofthree (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2015

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Anxiety has always been a big part of my life. A younger me was able to treat it with my brain but now that I am 45 I was not able to control my fears of what bad thing will happen next. Being the father of 2 kids including a handicapped little boy plus my wife that doesn't work, she needs to take care of my little boy. My fears of losing my job, car breaking down, my son's medical condition and a bad set of eyes were some of my major worries, all things that were unrealistic and mostly out of my control. Living in fear creates more problems then solutions. I started taking Paxil about two months ago and I will tell you that it helps. I feel normal no more fear and able to deal with life's problems."

Nervous Dad June 1, 2015

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started taking paroxetine about 5 years ago because I was lasting 2 mins in bed with my gf. I never had that problem before but it was happening all the time. My doctor told me I had anxiety and put me on paroxetine. Since then I have felt great and never looked back. The premature ejaculation went and I felt much better. I had always had negative panicky feelings but just thought it was normal and everyone felt like this but since starting it I have felt great. It can be hard if you just stop the side affects are pretty bad but I am happy to keep on taking it because it works for me....hope this was helpful ;)"

dazzer (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 1, 2015

"I used to be a paratrooper but as I aged I developed anxieties that eventually interfered with my daily life. For example I became terrified of flying, driving in winter, or crossing bridges. I got to the point where I would cross a bridge and even though I knew my fears were irrational, I felt like I would pass out when crossing one and would drive many miles to avoid them. I was talking to a total stranger and mentioned my irrational fear of driving in winter and he suggested Paxil. He was a rough neck hunter who developed a fear of climbing tree stands which made him unable to hunt. I figured if it worked for him I should try it! Thank goodness I did! Game Changer! I cross bridges and am amazed I ever feared them!"

Old_Paratrooper_Afraid_To_Fly May 5, 2015

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've taken 10 mg for 5 years for panic disorder, and it has drastically improved my quality of life. I also take 10 mg of Buspar because I did experience a very bad panic attack one year ago. I used to take 20 mgs over 5 years ago for 6 months, but it affected my sexual response. I think so long as you take JUST enough, it can really work."

storey. (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 3, 2015

"My first anti-depressant/anxiety. Removed any anxiety 95 times out of 100 but at the cost of no emotions within your daily life, basically a rock."

Pops91 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2015

"I am back to live a normal life. Almost 2 years ago got depression and anxiety after my divorce and started taking Cymbalta 60 mg. For one year, but was still having problems with anxiety which is one of the side effects of the medicine. Two weeks ago I started taking Paxil 20 mg at night and I noticed change after a week and today I can say that Paxil gave me my life back. Please if you start new medicine give it time and you will see light at the end of the tunnel."

Beachfront April 1, 2015

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next