User Reviews for Oxymorphone

Also known as: Numorphan, Numorphan HCl, Opana, Opana ER

Learn more about Oxymorphone.

Pain 199 reviews 1123 medications

Summary of Oxymorphone reviews 199 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Oxymorphone

For Pain: "I was in a motorcycle wreck when I was younger. I almost lost my leg. Was in the hospital 4 months. I couldn't walk for 2 years. Found a new doctor. He operated on it and it healed but I started having problems. My leg was 2 inches shorter then the other. I had broke my leg in 3 places. Messed up the nerves and all my toes got broke. As each year went by my foot started turning into a club foot. After 17 operations and was told I need an ankle replacement but my doctor told me operation doesn't last and the down time is long. I have chronic pain and I get migraines. Over the years I have been on many different pain meds. Oxymorphone ER has given me more relief then any other. Endo pulling Opana ER but Global has Oxymorphone ER"

Silverblues July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: "I have severe leg and back pain. I have had back and leg pain for quite a few years. In 2008 I fell 25 ft out of a deer stand which tore both rotor cuffs and elbow problems. After 9 operations and physical therapy I still have pain which includes back and leg problems. I started on opana ER and take morphine sulfate for break through. Opana has been a wonderful help which has helped me be able to function through the day with some normality which at one point I couldn't do. And now I hear it's going to be pulled off shelves and done away with. Very Disturbing."

Rudy Culler 803-997-2143 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: "I normally take generic opana (oxymorphone) 30mg and it works great for my pain. I can function good such as go to the store, light yard work, and enjoy family. But I recently got the Brand name opana (endo) and it is awful. I'm in so much pain and experiencing withdrawal symptoms. It's been 18 days and it is still like taking a Placebo. My breakthrough oxycodone 30mg is the only thing keeping me out of the hospital. I've been in bed 90% of the time since taking this Endo brand. I think it's the amount of additive in the medication. "

Lymepatient (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: "I switched to Opana ER this year as the Morphine ER I had been forced to take since last summer made me very nauseated (even w/nausea meds), caused terrible headaches and didn't cover my pain adequately so I could live some sort of life. I have loved the Opana ER. I take 40 mg twice a day and after the first month in which the switchover was difficult there have only been a few occasions where after I took the drug I started going through withdrawal. I'm not sure what was wrong with the pills as I set an alarm to take them and confirmed I took them. Now am in donut hole. Endo pharm won't help because there is a generic which costs more than the Opana. Don't know what to do."

Melodyblue (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I have spinal stenosis, DDD, bone spurs, ruptured discs, double laminectomy at L5-S1, L3-L4 in 2013. I've been on oxycodone for over 4 years. That worked great but I started at 100 mg a day and even now only at 80 mg a day, so I think it is not out of the ordinary to have a built up of tolerance. Dr. switched from four 20 mg oxycodone to four 10 mg Oxymorphone. He said it is equivalent to 25 mg oxycodone. It worked a little better on pain, but the side effects were awful!!! I was very sedated, moody, irritable and grumpy. The worst was at night I had a restless leg syndrome type of pain in my legs, and I could NOT stay asleep, even with sleep meds!!! I do NOT recommend this medication! I'm looking into this genetic test I keep hearing about!"

justanotherperson April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: "I have been on Opana Er 60mg 3x a day for over a year now for chronic back pain. It is wonderful. Nothing has ever worked for me like it has. Not fentanyl patches, not oxys, nothing. I suggest any of you have a genetic test done by your pain doctor. I did. It allows your doctor to be able to tell what pain meds work for you the best. It isn't always about what med is the strongest, its about what your body will use."

Mauradib April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: "Has been a life saver to me. I have a very long history with trauma and has caused me a lifetime of serious pain CRPS, FIBROMYALGIA, PTSD . All my doctor's had said the pain was "in my head", and hearing someone, who SHOULD understand that you can have unimaginable pain due to trauma combined with other Neurological & Psychiatric issues. Thanks to my Psychiatrist for prescribing this for me..It's helped with my depression anxiety and insomnia as well. My doctor and I have an incredible bond...A bond that has taken years, decades, to build the most respected form of TRUST. I DO NOT MESS WITH NOR USE MY MEDICATIONS FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT I'M PRESCRIBED. I keep my RXs to myself & hidden well. Do Not Mess with medicine. NOT INTENDED FOR RECREATIONAL USE, EVER!!!!"

kjc7962 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: "My insurance co would not fill a rx for oxycontin until I have tried opana & a couple of others I've never heard of. I was in a near fatal auto accident younger, I need a knee & hip replacement, breast cancer at end of 2013 & have had terrible time with infections, causing more surgeries. I lay in bed usually 16 hrs a day (including sleep) because I hurt all over & even more w/ house or yard chores . I'm allergic to morphine, codeine, delaudid, Fentanyl, CT scan dye - I can take only Demerol after surgery. At home the only med that I am not allergic to is oxycontin & ultram. I am now trying opana, because of my insurance company. I'm supposed to take 1 -20mg 2x/day. I am very disappointed. What little relief in gave me was only for about 2 hrs."

Meg in Texas February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: "I've been on Opioids (oxycodone mostly) since my accident in 1996. Approximately 24 months ago I was up to six 30mg Oxycodones daily. This allowed me to have some quality of life~Moderate physical activity.. Then my State took up the anti-oxycodone crusade. My Doctor has me trying everything except oxycodone or oxycontin - The goal is to get completely away from those two (due to pressure from the Government). My daily oxycodone is down to three 30mg plus three 30mg Opana ER (tamper proof). Right off the bat my pain went up. The Opana 30 ER has zero effect regarding pain management.The main side effect is nodding off. "Example* It has taken me 36 minutes to write this". Unless I am actively moving I nod off ~ I dare not drive. Pain 7-8 daily."

44 Dan (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: "I'm going to be very much to the point I had a physician that retired I began seeing a new physician after searching for a physician I was comfortable with I was continued being prescribed oxycodone ER 2-30mg tab 3x a day with 4mg hydromorphone with each dose The Physician referred me to pain management pain management change meds two 100 mg oxycodone ER that is one 40 mg & one 60 mg. & 80mg oxycodone 2x day & 8mg hydromorphone every 8 hrs with each dose. Then pain management switch me to oxymorphone 40mg every 12 hours & 8mg hydromorphone with each dose. Why is this is not working why? Should I go back on 100mg sulfate morphine tablet ER and 8mg hydromorphone 3x a day. Oxymorphone is new to me all the other meds I've been on over 10 years"

NICEGUYNYC (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: "my bottom spinal disks are crooked and rest on my nerves between them. I was on 60mg of Morphine Sulfate Er. and took it for years and asked my Dr. for an increase and he switched me to Opana 20mg Er pills and they helped my back pain and seem to last a little longer between dosage. I am prescribed it twice a day. I seem to have less tiredness than the morphine and I am prescribed 5mg of oxycodone for morning breakthrough pain. Due to my liver condition he won't increase the oxycodone because it makes the liver turn it into morphine to filter it. when I need an increase of the Opana I'm sure he'll give me that because it's a form of morphine and my liver can process it okay. So I hope this helps other people with my condition or similar."

i have lower lumbar pain (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I started on Opioids in 1998 due to sciatica. I was prescribed 3 Hydrocodone 5/325's per day back then and it was partially effective. It was used in conjunction with Spinal injections of several different drugs with varying degrees of effectiveness. The injections continued every three months for several years. The pain increased over time as did the meds. I went from 3 5's per day to 4 10's per day and then to Methadone only. I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis. I had Spinal Fusion S1-L5-L4 in 2009 and all the pain gone! All Gone! I weened myself off of Methadone until I finally went cold turkey. I went through the withdrawal from hell. I will always remember that final night... The stomach cramps and muscle cramps and spasms everywhere."

Boomer No character limit January 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: "I suffer from chronic neck/upper back pain due to spinal stenosis; spinal spondylosis; cervical neuralgia, etc. I've had multiple anterior and posterior fusions (c5-c/7) and revisions due to pseudoarthrosis (non-fusion). I've been on opioids for 7 years. Due to insurance coverage, my pain doc switched me from kadian (10mg 2x/day) to Opana ER (5mg 2x/day) and I immediately experienced a HUGE increase in pain. I also take Percocet (10/325) for breakthrough pain. I experienced minor withdrawal symptoms, which I thought was odd since I was actually taking slightly more morphine daily. My pain doc explained it was due to how the body metabolizes kadian. Opana did nothing for me."

sas1217 January 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Opana doesn't work switch oxy morphine generic, when they changed Opana they ruined it."

jabrake (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: "I have Ankylosing Spondylitis and have been on 3 or 4 pain relievers since 2008. I am now on 10mg IR x 3 daily and 30mg ER x 3 daily. I am getting very little relief; however, I have read many reviews where people taking Opana praise the medication. On the pain scale level, I am generally at 7-8 w/o the medicine and 5 or 6 with the Opana. I guess I need to talk to my provider and see if there are some different options..."

odawg444 December 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "My doctor prescribed Oxymorphone after oxycodone became ineffective for chronic daily headache relief. So far it has been 100% effective. I wake every day with a severe headache. I always have an oxymorphone tablet and glass of water beside by bed, which I take immediately. I am usually pain free after 1/2 to 1 hour. If I still (rarely) have a h/a after 1 hour, I take 1more tablet, which ALWAYS completely relieves the pain for the rest of the day. Some medical professionals say that I am suffering from "rebound) headaches. I don't think it matters if my daily pain is caused by opiate use or a second rate body. I just know that after 30 years of various treatments, the ONLY thing that gives me constant and constant relief is Oxymorphone."

Tom525 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Serious auto wreck crushed 2 discs in cervical area. Only options are surgical or meds. Out of 5 people who had surgery, 1 completely cured surgically. 3 said condition unchanged after long R&R.Last one was in wheelchair due to small surgical error. That made up my mind. As long as meds control pain enough to live normal life(pretty much), I refuse to risk surgical procedure. Started with 3 30mg Oxycontin a day, did fairly well, but in line at pharmacy one day, said the word oxycontin too loudly, noticed three heads turned. I was afraid of being mugged on the way out. My doc suggested 30 mg Opana @2 a day, but had to increase to 40 mg@ 2Xdaily. With 4 10 mg IR for b/t pain, it is as good as it can be. I also take 3 mg xanax daily"

auto wreck crushed 2 discs (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: "10 years pain sufferer. Opana ER was my Godsent.40mg,night and evening and only using percocet for breakthrough. Very rarely. I have a life back. I tried every medicine out there and never had this relief. Mind you been taking so long, no high effect, just pain control. Those looking for quick high, not for you. Time released. Sad to have to say that but great med when used for right reason"

Kasey Tyty August 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: "I started opana about 5 months ago, the withdrawls make you feel like you have the stomach bug and flu at the same time. Night sweats every bone feels broken, stomach cramping, strange negitive thoughts that arent real. This medication didnt help at all with my disc heritage, gout, broken foot, sore tooth..first night i wondered if i would make it thru the night. I was on 40mg twice a day 12 hour ER. I wouldnt suggest this medication to anyone. Its hard to require medication assistance just to move, but its even.worse being on a medicaton that didnt help and caused the worst withdrawls of my life. It took 9 days to feel better! Good luck"

Luci0200 July 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: "I was switched to Opana from OxyContin because even 150 mg of Oxy a day wasn't managing my pain anymore. Opana was said to work just as effectively at lower doses, with fewer of the miserable side effects of Oxy (constipation, drowsiness, etc.). I have found that to be the case in general; my daily dosage is more like 50-80 mg per day on this med and I can go to the bathroom again without using a suppository first. My pain control started out slightly better on this med, but since I'm a fast metabolizer of opiates, I've started developing a tolerance to this one, too, and the pain is bothering me again to the point where I can't function. My major complaints about this med is that it is very hard to find, and it is costly."

EDS + fast metabolizer = :-( (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: "3 back surgeries, 35 days since latest fusion in lower back. Been on pain meds for years, mainly Percocet 10mg which seemed to be the only thing that helped. Even when given stronger meds. I guess my body is so used to them now they stopped really working unless I took 2 at a time. My surgeon suggested opana for me this past week, it's been only 4 days but it doesn't seem to work AT ALL. It does nothing for the pain. I have the 10mg IR. I'm a very active 45 year old who loves to fly fish, camping, hiking. Basketball, softball, long hikes with my dogs but I can't do anything anymore. The latest surgery they had to go through my stomach and I just want some relief so I can start being active again... Miserable.."

Bearmaxie (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: "Insurance required me to use Opana ER crush-resistant version! Takes about 2 hrs. to take effect so I take hydrocodone/acetaminophen 10/325 with 1 Opana upon waking and together they last about 8 hours NEVER 12 hours! then take 1 hydrocodone/acetaminophen about 4 pm then another hydrocodone/acetaminophen about 9 pm then 1 Opana at 11 pm. I tried using Opana alone but couldn't stand waiting IN PAIN for 2 hours before I could feel any relief! Regular Oxycontin DID provide 12 hour relief without needing any vicodin for "breakthrough pain" but even with insurance it would cost $100/month. Pain level with Opana AND vicodin still at about 5 but chronic pain after FIVE hip replacement surgeries - 2 on left hip, 3 on right, since 2008!!"

karenhp May 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "In addition to Complex Regional Pain Syndrome I suffer from constant pain in my hip, femur and knee, L-4,5 disk herniations, spinal stenosis, spondylosis to start. I was thrown from a car as a passenger without seatbealts fracturing my hip, femur and my right foot pointed South. My experience taking Oxymorphone is an excellent one. I recommend it to anyone seriously looking for pain relief. I take 30 mg Oxymorphone ER X 2, Ketamine Hcl(compounded for $125 a month) 10 mg X 3 and Oxycodone 30 mg X 4 for Bt pain. Oxymorphone is the best ER opioid for 9-10 hour relief I have taken. Tried them all. If looking for pain relief, Oxymorphone is the best by a mile, hydromorphone is a distant second."

stockrunner (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: "After being on 80 mg of OxyContin 3 times a day I wasn't getting the pain relief. I went thru breakthroughs and my insurance would only cover generic oxy. Saw a new pain doc and the nurse practitioner switched me to Opana, only 30 mg twice a day. My breakthrough meds stay locked up unless I'm doing something special. I always take Opana with food (instructions say take on an empty stomach) as I found taking taking it with food makes it last longer. Due to insurance I had to switch tot 15 mg, 2 tabs, twice a day. I found this give me some flexibility. If I'm having a tough day I may take one around 5 pm and then only one at bedtime. Medicare sucks though. I hit the gap about 6 months ago and found out I have to pay 4,800+ til it's done."

Huskylover (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: "neuropathy"

bzzzaaabbb (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2016