User Reviews for Oxymorphone

Pain
7.9

Reviews for Oxymorphone

Tired38 March 28, 2021

For Pain: “I've tried all pain relievers pills for Lumbar and Cervical Stenosis, Spondylosis DDD thoracic Arthritis and this was one of the worst drugs I ever took. It gave me nightmares”

Uncle Sam leave me alone February 9, 2021

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: “I use to take methadone 10mg 5× day, worked perfect , $50 for 150. Although every medical care provider looks at you like you are a heroin addict. The government told my doctor no more methadone prescriptions or lose your license, what? Now on Opana 30 ER (oxymorphone) works great for me but 1400 dollars a script, why? Thanks uncle Sam.”

AB August 21, 2020

For Pain: “When I first started out in pain management, I must have tried 4-5 different meds. First Morphine and Oxycodone. It worked okay but my tolerance to the Oxycodone went way too high working my way to 30 mg. I had enough of it because I started to take more. I am NOT going to turn myself into an abuser. So I talked to him and he put me on Dalaudid. I suffer from horrible moods swings and this one made me so depressed. So he took me off all of those combos and put me on Oxycontin ER and Oxymorphone for break through pain. Well let me tell ya, that was it. No depression and my pain is so much better. So I am out of pain, living a productive life again . I will say this to all the people in pain management and taking their meds RIGHT, don't ever let anyone judge you for taking care of you. Because if you are doing what you are suppose to do, then screw em.”

JP, ER RN · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 7, 2012

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: “My doctor switched me from Oxycontin to Opana ER 40mg three times a daay when it first came out. I have had wonderful results with little to no decrease in mental ability which is important since I work as an ER RN. Since the outcome of the new crush proof formulation, though, I feel that the strength and effectiveness has decreased. I am glad they are making the formula abuse proof, but I don't think the patients who don't abuse the medication should suffer. I now have to take double the amount of pills as before!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 9, 2012

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: “I have cervical stenosis, bulging discs, and neuro issues resulting from them, I have been on Fentanyl patches, Oxycodone, and huge doses of Morphone ER wtih IR for break through. I thought my pain would never end and it was not only debilitating, but depressing to the point of, although not suicide, definitely not wanting to get up in the morning and wishing I could just die. When I moved and got a new Pain Management doctor, he questioned many of my old doc's decisions, but above all he changed me onto Opana 30mg ER twice daily with 30mg IR Morphine for breakthrough 3x day. I feel more alive than I have felt in at least seven years. I am awake, I am alert, and I am functional, which is more than I had come to expect. Zero side effects”

smacken · Taken for 10 years or more August 31, 2013

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: “I have been on MS-Contin for 15 years. In that time, only one dose increase! I take 2x60 mg daily. Every 2-3 months, my doc changes medicine. I used to be able to get Opana, 40 mg 2x per day, and it worked great! Even better was Efalgo, 16 mg 3 x per day. 2 in the morning, one at night. Now, insurance will not pay for either. The only medicine I can tolerate is Opana, 80 2x per day, and they really don't work well. It is so frustrating that the medicine that is the hardest to tamper with, Efalgo, is the hardest to get and most expensive! If I don't switch every few months, I build up a tolerance. I suffer from degenerative disc disease in my lower back, arthritis etc.”

Anonymous April 17, 2008

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: “This is a wonderful pain pill. I tore my sacroiliac and could barely walk because of the pain. I have a high tolerance for pain medications and have tried pretty much everything and this one surpassed everything I tried and I had no side effects.”

"Clyde" · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 30, 2014

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: “Back pain 7 yrs ... Spinal Stenosis and Degenerative Disc ... Once I was prescribed Opana ER I was also prescribed a companion breakthrough medicine taken 4 x daily, these have been rotated every few mos. Dr. started Opana 10 ER 2 x daily, then Opana ER 20 twice daily. I'm now on Opana ER 40mg twice daily. I'm seldom pain free but with Opana ER 40 and a breakthrough medicine I'm more comfortable. I can now stand and do tasks for short periods, then sit until the pain subsides. This method has allowed me to cook, do laundry, raise tomatoes, etc. I know that sounds limited but before I was pretty much chair bound. NOW FEEL I HAVE MY LIFE BACK. SEVERE CONSTIPATION only reaction but I've had that with every pain medicine prescription.”

Candyzumbagirl August 20, 2014

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: “My pain management Dr prescribed me this for my knee pain, which is excruciating. I have no cartilage in both knees. This medication allows me to live my life in a normal way. I dance Zumba everyday as well as do other cardio classes to stay fit. I NEVER take more than what my doctor prescribes. I've been taking it for two years and it's a Godsend for me. I've never had any side effects. I never drink alcohol and I watch my diet very closely. I rest well. Drink lots of water. Opana is a great medication. Of course, always do what your doctor says and take them EXACTLY how they were prescribed.”

DosOldie · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 21, 2017

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: “I was switched to Opana ER after OxyContin stopped working for my chronic nerve pain. Opana ER gave me at least 12 hrs of relief, no high, and I took much less breakthrough meds. When I went to refilll it a few months ago I was told Opana ER is no longer available due to complications addicts are getting from injecting it. I am very annoyed that the FDA prioritizes abusers over legitimate, responsible pain patients.”

Anonymous August 5, 2009

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: “Was on Oxycontin 160mg every 12 hours for 4 years and had tried Opana at same dose last year WITHOUT BEING TOLD TAKE ON EMPTY STOMACH, so when my new doctor changed me at first I was scared and skeptical, however 25 days on 40mg Opana every 12 hours ON EMPTY TUMMY and I am AMAZED. I believe if we increase daytime dose a tad I will feel better than I have in 18 years, so anyone who didn't have a good experience with it needs to think if they ate with it. My doctor said if there is ANY food in your stomach the food absorbs part of it and it doesn't get in your system as well and it WILL NOT WORK FOR THE 12 HOURS IT SHOULD. I saw people making both statements so I hope this will help others.”

Anonymous April 3, 2012

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: “When I first started taking Opana original formula I was overjoyed. Finally a medication that relieved my pain. Then the new formula came out and I literally cried. Why did you change a medication that worked so well? I realize that you're trying to make your medication abuse proof, but you did so at the expense of the legitimate Opana users who take the medication as prescribed. The new formula gives me no where near the relief of the old formula and it also takes twice as long to work. ”

Anonymous September 6, 2012

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: “I have been on Opana for 2.5 years and i never felt better i take it 2x a day and oxycodone 30mgs 4x a day I am 55 years old and with my medicines I can do things like a 20 year old. The best pain medicine ever. I have been on different pain medicines for 18 years.”

StephanieAlice · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 5, 2014

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: “I think Opana ER is a GREAT pain medication. On a 1-10 pain scale, I went from a 6 with the MS-Contin to a 3 with the Opana. I get more done around the house (I can prep, cook, and clean, as I could only do 1 of those things continuously with the MS-Contin) so it does its job in that respect, but it has never lasted 12 hours. It seems to wear off in 8 hours on the dot. And when it wears off, you don't just hurt, you feel like total crap. Usually you don't feel like that as soon as a pain medication wears off but with this, you do. If I get my dosage raised to 3 instead of 2 a day so I don't have to go through the yucky stage, I can't help but wonder how I'm going to feel when I come off as I have only been on it for a month.”

Disabled 38 yr old · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2014

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: “I came to this site to see if I was only person who had some minor issues with this medication. I started Opana ER 10mg 4 days ago. I was to start it 9 days ago but my insurance initially wasn't going to cover the cost. My doctor filled out some forms and I am preapproved for a year. I find that the medicine is great for my pain but it does not last 12 hours, I have found that at 8 to 9 hours later I need another one. If prescribed 3's daily it would be a perfect medication and who knows maybe I wouldn't need my breakthrough medicine.”

deeseelangovich · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 5, 2013

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: “Crushed and bulged discs in cervical region, but I refuse to have spinal fusion due to mixed results and incredibly invasive surgery. Was on 3-30 mg Oxycontins with 4 x 10 mgs oxycodone. I can't take anything with NSAID's in it because I had Hepatitis C, which is gone after 11 months of interferon and another medicine. The oxy combo was working fine until suddenly it became impossible to get the scripts filled. Pain management doctor switched me to 2-30mg ER's a day and three Opana 10 mg IR's a day and I have no side effects, works great.”

JSTFNOFF March 14, 2013

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: “I was hurt on the job back in 2006.Had a disc removed and fusion of L4 and L5 in my lower back.I have suffered for years with chronic back and leg pain because of this injury.I was on 80 mg's of Percocet a day for 2 years and was taken off of it,cold turkey as they say,by my Dr. After 5 days of terrible withdrawl's,my Dr. put me on OPANA ER 10 mg tab's,twice a day.They helped me with my withdrawl symptoms but didn't do much for my pain. My Dr. agreed to up my dosage to 30 mg's,twice per day. WOW!!!! What a difference these 30 mg pills make.Pain is about a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10 and I can finally sleep again. It is known that only 10 percent of your dose is actually absorbed by the body and the rest is eliminated when taken orally.”

Alfredozoo · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2015

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: “Male, mid 30's, 2 herniated lumbar discs, 3 pinched nerves, bone spur, stenosis.. I have been on pain meds for the last 10 years, and Opana is by far the most effective paid med I've ever tried and believe me I've been on everything.. Most recently I was on OxyContin 20mg 1x a day and Oxycodone IR 20mg 5x a day.. The problem with Oxycodone is that it has a very low half life of 3-4 hours and is very addictive because of the short duration of action you find yourself "chasing the pain".. I suggested Opana to my PM doctor as I heard good things about it, best pain relief I've had in years! I take Opana ER 40mg 2x a day and Opana IR 10mg 2x a day PRN for breakthrough pain.. This med is a wonder drug for those in 24/7 chronic pain!”

kims46342 April 21, 2013

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: “I have tried many different medications for my back, I have deteriorating arthritis in my lower back along with curvature of the spine. I am currently on Opana ER 10 mg twice a day, and Norco 4 times a day for break through pain. When I get up in the morning I can hardly move, I take the Opana and within half an hour I can move better. I still have pain but not as intense as it was. It has helped a lot. I would not be able to afford this medicine without the coupon.”

jimmydog January 31, 2015

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: “I have degenerative disc disease and Opana is the best pain medication that I have ever used and I have tried them all and I take 2 20mgs a day 1 every 12 hours and it usually takes about 20 to 30 minutes to take effect but it works !!!”

Anonymous July 18, 2008

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: “This is one of the best drugs I have taken. I am able to do things I need to do. I can walk and clean house. Before taking Opana all I could do was lay on the couch. I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and Hepatitis C. This is the only drug that has ever helped me.”

cc ryder April 21, 2013

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: “My experience with Opana was great. It really gave me back at least 95%. After 3 Failed back surgeries on my disc low back along with both knees which my knee surgeries were helpful. I also broke my back at same time along with my neck injury which I was diagnosed with a extreme strain of my neck. Which my doctor gave me a 50% chance of success so I decided not to have and live with the pain. Although when Purdue pharmaceuticals decided to completely change the formula when making the 40mg Opana my life changed for the worst. I haven't been the same since. Believe me because I have tried every medicine on the market since 1993. ”

Your Details January 13, 2013

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: “Been taking Opana for about 4 years now. It's the best medicine I have ever taken. I folded up my neck in an ATV accident. Have a failed 4 level fusion with steel plate and 4 bolts 1/4", 3 discs removed. Also have 5 deteriorated disc, and two more spinal surgeries since first one. I have had to increase my dose to a 40mg every 12 hours or so, and up to 6 IR 10mg each day. Since the pink 10 IRs have been off the market, the white generic 10 IRs are not the same. Take this on an empty stomach for best results. And to the one patient in a previous comment who was trying to get his nerve up to ask the doc to reduce his dosage, I would say it was really in his own hands. Reduce it yourself if you really think you don't need it.”

Anonymous February 20, 2012

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: “I have had 24/7 severe Headaches for 7 1/2 years due to a condition I have called Occipital Nueralgia. I have tried every kind of pain medicine and preventative medicine out there, NOTHING WORKED! I am on 40mg of Opana 3x/day, and it is wonderful, I can function and work and play with my kids and be out in the sun for the first time in 7 yrs, this totally keeps my pain under control. I love it. I highly suggest that any one with chronic severe pain try it. IT WORKS”

April-Ann September 24, 2017

For Pain: “I suffer extremely with a genetic disorder called Familial Hemiplegic Migraines. So severe that I truly no longer have a life. I'm confined to my bed at least 5 days out of 7 throwing up and extreme pain that even my nails and hair hurt. I've suffered a severe heart attack due to my migraines in 2007 ( High blood pressure) With these migraines I suffer through strokes only on the left side of my body! Having my pain medication allows me to live somewhat of a normal life. I can play with my 11 Grandchildren again finally!! But now those of us that are actually in real pain (and not drug addicts or drug dealers) are being treated like we are in fact drug dealers and addicts AND are now being refused our pain medication. I wish those that created these rules could live in our pain just for one day.”

sexybrat76 May 17, 2008

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: “I have had a lot of back pain for a few years but since my doctor has put me on Opana I have never felt better. I can go about my life without the worry of being in so much pain at the end of the day. What a relief it has been. A pure God send.”

CMEC March 17, 2008

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: “I was on the Fetanyl Patches 100 mg every 2 days. then my doc put me on opana 40, 3 times a day and I think they work just as good if not better. It didn't give me the anxiety or weird feelings I get off certain pain pills.”

finally October 24, 2008

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: “I have been in terrible lower back pain for over 2 years. After numerous MRI's and other tests and alot of different doctors, nothing showed up that should be causing that much pain. They did find a problem in my L1 disc but nothing major. I have a very high tolerence for pain and could barely function. All the different doctors put me on Vicodin 10/325 but it only worked for an hour. The doctors treated me as if I was a drug addict even my pain management doctor. After I took a so called routine drug test, my very next visit after she saw I passed my drug test she put me on Opana ER 20mg. Instantly my back pain was 90% gone. I don't feel high, just pain free. I forgot what that felt like. My pain level went from a 10 to a 3 instantly.”