User Reviews for Oxcarbazepine to treat Cyclothymic Disorder

Also known as: Trileptal, Oxtellar XR

Reviews for Oxcarbazepine

College boy 97 November 1, 2018

“I used to take tegretol for cyclothymic disorder. It was working well until my chem 7 labs came back funky. My liver enzymes were elevated so I decided to not take it anymore. I’m glad I did ! Trilepal has kept me at a stable mood and decreased most of my anxiety as well. By the way I was given this medication along with Ativan for acute stress disorder after I watched a man die next to me while I over dosed on cocaine. Anyways I was in a bad state and it brought me back to normalcy.”

Pandabear185 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2016

“I have a condition called cyclothymia, which is like bipolar disorder except you get hypomania and depression basically every other day, every day, or multiple times a day. I was one of the ones who got these swings multiple times a day and it was awful. I was put on Trileptal 600mg, 300mg in the morning and 300mg at night, and frankly I feel "normal" again. I feel rational for the first time in a long time and it's great. From what I've heard, medication isn't used often in cyclothymia, but it definitely stopped the swings right in its tracks; I only experience them on a very rare occasion now, and it's usually only when I take it later than usual, as it has a very short half-life.”

Learn more about Cyclothymic Disorder

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)