User Reviews for Benicar to treat High Blood Pressure (Page 4)

Benicar Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Benicar

Shantivanum May 12, 2009

“I had been using Benicar with good results except an occasional headache and lightheadedness upon getting up quickly. Because of the high price, I asked my doctor to prescribe a cheaper product - Lisinopril. I have only been on it a short time but have experienced so many side effects that I'm asking to go back on Benicar - high cost or not.”

Anonymous May 7, 2009

“I have used Benicar for 8 years with no side effect. Very very satisfied. Blood pressure has been at a constant 125/82.”

DinkysMom May 3, 2009

“Seems to work for everyone but me. Quality of life was seriously affected by the on-going dizziness from this product (20mg). Elevators left me weak-kneed and staggering at work. Daily descending stairs also a vertigo nightmare. Blood pressure can easily go into 214/105s in emergencies, so I would like to find something to reduce those numbers, without the extreme dizziness. I work in a psychiatric setting, so I have to be alert and to move quickly without falling on my face. I didn't notice any appreciable drop in blood pressure either, with numbers still in the 170s most of the time.”

Anonymous May 1, 2009

“I have been taking Coreg for high blood pressure for 4 years. It slowed my heart rate to low 60s. Even when exercising, rate stayed really low. I've fought my weight every since I started taking it. I started having problems keeping my blood pressure regulated. My doctor added 1 tablet of Benicar HCT 20mg. I couldn't believe how much it dropped my blood pressure. Breathing back to normal. My blood pressure now runs 120's/70's. My heart rate runs in the 70's. When I exercise it raises to 80's. I feel so much better. I think this will allow my body to burn fat and function more normally. Love the way I'm feeling now.”

Yoosh April 18, 2009

“I have been taking Benicar 40 mg for about 4 years. Dizziness is the only occasional trouble. Never had any problems associated with drinking alcohol even after some all-night vodka binges - no hangovers either. That was some years ago. I don't drink much nowadays. Blood pressure alternates but is never above 130/80. Interestingly, after running 7 miles (I do it once a week or so) systolic count is often below 110 and diastolic in the low sixties within 5 minutes of the run. I am 56. I am thinking of lowering to 20mg. ”

Jelly fish April 4, 2009

“I have been on Benicar HCT for 2 years after being diagnosed with high blood pressure at 23. Side effects were dizziness, constant sleepiness, and weird heart beats, but it works amazingly. After dropping some weight I have just been dropped down just to regular Benicar and have no complaints. Awesome stuff. Now if they could only make it taste better.”

Jon727 March 13, 2009

“I have been taking Benicar 20mg for about three months. I am about 45 lbs overweight and 37 years old. The medication is working very well, my readings are at 120/80 daily, sustained. I do not watch what foods I eat or drink that much, and I also don't take any other medicines. Excellent product for me!”

rgscott39 March 4, 2009

“I see many people have had a very positive effect on their blood pressure. I have been using Benicar HCT for about 2 weeks along with Toprol XL. While the Toprol seems to do it's job (reduce pulse rate), Benicar HCT seems to have no effect. I had changed from Norvasc because of swelling and blood pressure was ~140/80, still uncontrolled. Now it's 160/85. My doctor tells me not to worry, everything will be just fine. ”

PatientsBeware February 22, 2009

“Not compatible with moderate alcohol. I haven't had a hangover in over 10 years. After two pills, I had a doozy.”

Anonymous January 12, 2009

“I have been using Benicar for 1 week. So far the only side effect I have had with Benicar is excessive thirst. My blood pressure is now 113/75.”

only1harry January 12, 2009

“I have been taking Benicar 20/12.5 Hydrochlorothiazide for 7 years now. It works well and keeps my blood pressure at 120/75-80. Regular Benicar without diuretic did not work so well so I switched to HCT about 6 years ago. I do experience dizziness occasionally and get light headed but I was told that's normal. ”

cheldick December 2, 2008

“Started on Benicar 7 days ago after 3 years on Cardizem Dl 360. So far my blood pressure has not responded well especially my diastolic. I am a nurse so I take my blood pressure daily. I have a history of intolerance to drugs and have to change medications freguently.”

Dr Bellamy November 4, 2008

“Benicar is also useful in helping to prevent the natural buildup of Vitamin D in the body, for patients suffering the symptoms of sarcoidosis.”

fishing69 October 30, 2008

“I am 47 and slightly overweight. I started Benicar 20mg (first BP medicine) 3 weeks ago for mild hypertension (145/90). The drug hasn't done much to date. My blood pressure now averages 135/80 during the day, but still is around 140/85 in the morning). No side effects accept I recently started having rapid heartbeat episodes, mostly during my 30 minute workouts on the elliptical machine. Sometimes I also experience these in the middle of the night. Don't remember having these issues prior to Benicar.”

Darrick October 15, 2008

“I was asked to try Benicar and to stop taking Clonidine. That was the best move my Doctor made. I feel 100% better and my pressure is also 100% better. Thanks to the maker of Benicar.”

Anonymous September 11, 2008

“Perfect for my condition- HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE.”

BP good September 10, 2008

“I have been using Benicar for six years at 20 mg once per day and I have very good readings. I also do not have the side effects I was getting using a dueretic type BP medicine. Never again will I use one of those. Benicar was a God send for me as I am allergic to Ace Inhibitors.”

Loftus August 14, 2008

“Keeps my blood pressure down but for me, the best benefit is it has helped with my bowels. Every other medication I've had is constipating. This has normalized me.”

Anonymous July 27, 2008

“Felt great 2 hours after starting benicar, only had pre-hypretension but I needed something to help lower pressure. I hope I continue to feel as good as I do now.”

Anonymous July 23, 2008

“Has been effective, and with no remarkable side effects. ”

philmitchell July 22, 2008

“Am on Benicar 40mg once a day. It works pretty good, although doctor had to add 25mg HCTZ to get my blood pressure to 120/70. Causes minimal dizziness, not aware of any other side effects. Prior medicines included lisinopril which worked better but caused me to cough all the time, and Toprol XL. One thing about Benicar - it sped up my heart rate by about 20 beats, which my doctor said was OK.”

smith457 June 6, 2008

“Started Benicar HCT 20/12.5 Sunday morning, Monday evening Blood Pressure was up, took second tablet that evening. Then took 1 morning and 1 evening. Friday morning woke up and walked downstairs with no aches or pains (morning walk has been painful for last 20 years). I hope this trend continues. Peeing every 90 mins, otherwise no side effects.”

Anonymous May 30, 2008

“I love this stuff. Works like a charm for someone with hypertension. There are no side effects for me. Also had no migraines while on this one which many others have caused. Great energy and overall condition while taking it.”

Anonymous April 18, 2008

“I have been using this medicine for almost 2 years with no side effects, which I am prone to from drugs, because of multiple organ issues. I take it at night which keeps me from worrying about getting drowsy during the day.”

Anonymous April 3, 2008

“20mg a day has been enough to put me well into the safety zone. I haven't had any side effects, except occasional dizziness when standing. Energy level is great.”