User Reviews for Lacrisert

Reviews for Lacrisert

For Dry Eye Disease "I tried Lacriserts for the second time. The applicator makes it very difficult placing something so tiny in my eye. I find myself blinking constantly because it feels like the lens moves around in my eye. That can be horrible if it continues. Still find myself using Serum Tears and Systane. A little disappointed with Lacriserts. Has anyone experienced similar side effects?"

Nanc (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

For "I sit in front of a computer non stop for 7-8 hrs a day at work for decades, and these have given me a quality of life back! I used to pour lubricating eye drops in my eyes repeatedly throughout the day. I suffer from severe dry eyes, and nothing else has given me long term relief like Lacrisert has. I was on Restasis Drops for over 10 yrs, tried Lipiflow & Blephx treatments, a few times, all are expensive, but I did not have the positive results as I do with Lacrisert. I did not notice the but price of the Lacrisert has also just increased through my insurance provider. This is terrible! But, I cant live without them, heavy sigh ........."

dogsmom1 February 10, 2018

For "This was more effective than anything else I've ever tried, including the very expensive Restasis and Xiidra. Since Bausch and Lomb clearly has no interest in making this anymore (it's been over a year and a half that it has been unavailable), they ought to sell it to someone who will or release the patent so someone can make a generic. I'll never buy another B&L product."

miserable eyes (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2017

For "Lacrisert has saved my sanity!!! I can't live without this for my dry eyes. It's the first product that makes my eyes feel normal. I would rank it a 10, but I am discounting it by one due to the fact that they start to get gooey after having them in 10-12 hours (depending on humidity) & they don't last as long as my day does."

SquirrelGirl4God July 7, 2017

For "I used Lacrisert 3 times and on the third and final use I experienced extreme adverse reaction that has caused blurred vision that has never improved. The pain and vision loss was so bad I was seen in the emergency room triage. The nurse stating "This drug has messed your eyes up " I was given two injections to counter act the drug and one for pain. I now live with one eye that will not open completely ,near constant blurred vision to the point I am unable to do anything for up to 10 hours at times. My right eye wanders around independent of the left eye. An opaque film almost constantly until I can clear it with preservative free Over the counter eye drops. This is an incredibly expensive way, but the only way to gain any relief"

Chaz E Robinson January 17, 2017

For "I used Lacriserts for years and found them to be the best solution for dry eyes. Then they went off the market in early spring and couldn't find them anywhere. When they became available again I could only wear them for 3-4 hours a day without irritation. I am wondering if the formulation changed when they were unavailable."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 13, 2016

For "I can't hold a computer job without Lacriserts. For anyone with dry eyes or dry eye disease, these are God-send."

Anonymous August 2, 2016

For Eye Redness "I have tried everything to help with my dry eyes...Lacriserts have helped me so much! I was putting eye drops in my eyes 100 times a day and they still were so painful and dry. I had light sensitivity and terrible pain. After using these I hardly ever have to use eye drops anymore. My light sensitivity is gone and I feel about 90% better and more normal. I do find that towards the end of the day I may have to remove them because they get a little globby and can smear my vision, but a small trade off for feeling so much better."

avidinternet (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2016

For Eye Redness "My eyes are painful if I open them too quickly. Sometimes even when just blinking, they stick closed. The Lacriserts are a God send. The only major drawback (well, minor in relation to the benefits) is that I have to remove the inserts within 10 hours or they become like a glue and actually add to the pain. But during the 10 hours it's like a miracle!"

e.kl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2014

For Eye Redness "I make no tears. If it were not for this insert, I would have been put on the disabled list over 10 years ago. This medicine is safe and wonderful. I love it and thank God every day for it. If not for this medication, I would never be able to leave my house because without it my eyes hurt terribly"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) November 6, 2013