User Reviews for Camila

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

1 review 103 medications
Summary of Camila reviews 4.3 67 reviews

Reviews for Camila

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Camila birth control after I had my daughter because it was safe for breast feeding. I have been on birth control since I was 16 and my periods were always normal occurring every 28-30 days lasting about 3-4 days. Since being on Camila, I literally had a period for like 2 whole weeks and then had another like 2.5 weeks later! Needless to say I discontinued, that was ridiculous!"

Taurus girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on and off with the mini pill, switching between pills to see what works best. I haven’t been consistent until just now starting in January. I constantly bleed. Either its every other week or every other two weeks. My period comes every 28 days but I always spot in between and it’s bothersome when you think you’re done bleeding for the month and then out of nowhere start bleeding again. When my period is about to come, my breast hurt super bad and I get real nauseous. It made me think I was pregnant , until the test was negative and my period came on the 28th day. I get terrible cramps when I’m spotting and also when I’m on my period. It protects you for sure but it’s a hassle to deal with constant bleeding. I also break out when I’m on my period and my face does clear up tho after my period ends. I crave things sometimes and mood swings. I get irritated more quickly and I’m super tired most days."

Shae March 18, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been sick for months with this pill!! I do nothing but vomit all day, my breast hurt, and my period went from 3 days to 7 or more.... I ended up in the ER. I thought I was having a stroke!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2019

For Birth Control "So I have been taking this pill for about 3-4 months now. I started taking it because I was and am sexually active and I wanted extra protection. However, It has caused my period to come every 2 weeks. Previously it would come at a normal rate, once a month. I do not understand why this is happening at all. I have had mood swings and issues concentrating while on my period that I did not have prior to taking this pill. The worst has honestly been the cramps. The cramps that being on this pill are absolutely terrible. I did not really have really bad cramps before, they had been pretty subtle, never too much. However the cramps in combination with the excruciating back aches it has caused, well all I can say is, you may want to call in sick that day. I have honestly considered just stopping taking the pill without even asking my doctor, since I haven’t been able to get in contact. Honestly if it keeps up I’m just going to stop taking it. Absolutely terrible."

Mxdgrl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Camila for a month now & I’m not sure how to feel. As of now my period is a week late & no I’m not sexually active. I’ve never had a period this late so I’m not sure what’s going on. I haven’t noticed any side affects from this medicine though so that’s a good thing. I also make sure to take my medicine the same time everyday !"

Awill (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2018

For Birth Control "Biggest issue is my breasts hurt so bad. I wish I could take them off. Never had this issue before. And I either gained weight or am extremely bloated."

Kim (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2018

For Birth Control "When it comes to birth control, it's different strokes for different folks. I'm over 35 y/o. I switched from combo pills to Camila 6 months ago cause of the terrible side effects. Ever since I took Camila, I haven't had bad effects. No more high blood pressure, no migraines, no crazy mood swings, no skin rashes, no cramps, and period is 3-4 days instead of 6-7 when I was on TriCyclen. The only side effect from Camila is the weight gain. I'm definitely keep taking Camila."

Rita (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2018

For Birth Control "My doctor prescribed Camila because I was 5 weeks postpartum and still breastfeeding. After taking the pill for the first 3 days at the same time I started spotting, by day 4 into day 5 I started having heavy bleeding. It didn't affected my milk supply but I could not deal with the heavy bleeding so I stopped talking the pill."

Alecia (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

For Birth Control "With my experience - Don’t get it !!!! I have been bleeding for 2months !"

Ash (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2018

For Birth Control "After being on lo lo estrin off and on for years and having bad symptoms my Dr decided to switch me to Camilla 0.35 mg. Previously, when I was on loeloestrin, I almost immediately had side effects. Extreme bloating (5 lb weight gain), no motivation to do anything, tired all the time, no sex drive and spotting. With Camilla I have none of those symptoms. Feels like I’m not taking anything. After my bad experience with lolo I did research and found Lolo is made up of 10 micrograms of synthetic estrogen and 1 milligram of synthetic progesterone. Camilla has NO estrogen and 1/3 the amount of progesterone. This was a life saver for me."

Liz (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on put on this pill (1) because of my high blood pressure and (2) in January I had a molar pregnancy had to get a DNC and had to check my levels for 6 months straight so my Dr didn't want any more pregnancy til I was in the clear. If I would've known that I would have so much spotting in between periods, I would've never gotten on this pill. If you miss taking it by 1 hour, you will have 1 week of spotting. It is horrible. I've been spotting for 2 weeks now because I missed 1 dose. I can't take it... the stress of the spotting for so many days is making it worse.. I can't no more. I'm getting off this pill"

Unhappy September 18, 2018

For Endometriosis "I originally took this pill to ease the pain of my endometriosis. I didn’t make it to the 3 month mark. My periods have gone from 4 days to 10. It drys me out and makes inserting tampons very painful. Instead of having one day of excruciating pain, I ended up having 10 days of moderate pain with very bad nausea. My skin has become so oily and painful that it’s affecting my well being. Although I did not give this pill a fair chance, I simply could not wait it out to see if things got better."

Ashley (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

"Prescribed for menstrual migraines. First couple of months were fine, but then I started having 9 day long, heavy periods about every three weeks. I would also spot heavily or have 2-4 day periods in between the larger 9 day ones (I assume during my ovulation time.) Stuck with it for a little over a year total to see if things would even out and until I could go back in for my yearly exam. Worst part is that I still had headaches throughout taking it. Talked about unwanted side effects with Dr. and she suggested an IUD instead. I discontinued the pills myself because I was tired of bleeding up to three times a month, not knowing when my period was coming and wearing black all the time. I thought my doctor would discontinue it after I voiced my concerns, but I guess not. Skeptical to try IUD, as I don't want to mess with my hormones anymore after this experience and I'm doubtful that it will help my headaches since the pill didn't do much to help them."

Done With Camila (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2018

For Birth Control "This bc almost ruined my life and destroyed my last relationship. I was on & off Camila for the past 3 years that I was with my ex-bf, because I get migraines and couldn't take the combo pill. This bc gave me awful, painful, acne that wrecked my self esteem & made me never want to go outside. My hair started falling out in clumps (I lost probably 1/3rd of the total volume) & I became an angry, mean person. I experienced severe depression and anxiety on this pill and I had a hair trigger temper, which I never did before. I almost didn't graduate college because of how difficult it became to just get out of bed in the morning. Some days all I could do was cry. I barely recognized myself. I also would bleed randomly during the month and ruined a lot of underwear this way. Being on this pill was honestly a nightmare for me. I switched to a low-dosage IUD (Skyla) a couple of years ago, and my life (& skin) have been SO much better since. My moods are much more stable, plus my hair even grew back!"

Junebug August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "After being on combo pills for 10 years, 5 of which I had migraines with aura that I thought my doctor knew about, guess she didn’t. She immediately stopped my combo and put me on this. I made it a month. At first it was nausea but that was ok. Then I kinda forgot I switched except for a constant period, but little mental things were happening. I was mean. Small things triggered me. I had three panic attacks in a month when I had only one in my life before. I wouldn’t know how I would wake up: either ok or so depressed I couldn’t function. Nothing made me happy any more I was constantly yelling or crying or usually both. After almost losing my mind one day at work I did some research and found that the mini pill can cause mental issues like depression and anxiety. I called my doctor and stopped today. Praying this goes away as quick as it started. I want to be my old self again. I miss how I was before. This person is not me."

Laney (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I tried multiple combo birth control pills and an IUD which all ended terribly. My doctor and I decided maybe it was best that I took a progestin only pill because of how I reacted to birth control with estrogen. I both love and hate this prescription but if you do have issues taking estrogen then I highly recommend you give camila a shot. Yes, you do have to take it around the same time everyday. My hair does fall out more than usual and I do get almost like morning sickness before my periods. However, all of the positive outweighs the negatives. I used to have extreme cramping and I would get extremely sick every single period, with this pill I get a little sick before but my periods are more bearable. It does not effect my weight at all, maybe my sex drive a little but you learn to work with it. Overall, I do recommend you give it a shot as every woman experiences different things when trying different birth controls."

Kale (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2018

For Endometriosis "I've been on Camila now for just about 4 months. This is actually my first time ever being on an oral contraceptive at the bright age of 30! I choose the mini pill instead of a combination pill as it has decreased risk of developing blood clots (DVT/PE's). I work in an ER so there was no escaping this unfortunately (scarred for life lol). Anyway, so far I have really had limited side effects. My sex drive is actually WAY increased, despite the labels saying it will decrease. My periods are somewhat lighter (this was my incentive for even initiating an oral contraceptive), and I am hoping that they will continue to lighten up with time. My cramps are somewhat less severe, also hoping for these to let up with time. No increased acne issues. No weight gain. I have felt some occasional feelings of tiredness and not really wanting to do much, but I'm uncertain if that is related to this medication or not. I would highly recommend this medication to a friend!"

Sarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Started camila 7 days ago. For the last 4 days I have had serious mood swings. There were times when I would yell for no reason and times when I would burst into tears. Today was particularly bad because I cried nonstop most of the day. I can also attest to the increase in appetite. I'm not sure how effective is at preventing pregnancy but I'm not going to spend my days crying in order to find out."

BH (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I had to change from a combo pill to Camila because I get migraines and the combo pull increased the risk of stroke. My face broke out worse than it ever has before. I never had acne issues, just an occasional blemish. Now I have acne on top of acne. I stopped Camila three weeks ago and my face has not cleared up at all. I am forty years old and feel like a disgusting, oily, teenager. I’m so upset."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I just switched to this pill from the combined one. I don’t do well with birthcontrol but condoms make me itchy after sex. I just wanted to input from any hypochondriacs like me who look at these threads for info that EVERYONE EXPERIENCES HORMONES DIFFERENT! What worked or didn’t work for someone won't always effect you the same! So keep that in mind before freaking out! I remind myself this every time I read bc reviews!"

Anonymous April 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on camila for 2 years. I switched from the combination pills since they were giving me morning sickness every week after the placebo. On Camila, my periods are lighter and take the same amount of time (7 days). I usually get my period every 45 or so days on the pill. If I miss a pill, I can guarantee I'll have my period again within 2 weeks (sometimes I skip a pill on purpose if I'm planning a trip). As far as remembering when to take them, I just set an alarm on my phone and take it when it yells at me. I don't think I've had any weight gain as a result of camila, just simply me getting lazy and not exercising. The reason I've decided to stop taking the pills is I have little to no sex drive. It's driving my husband bonkers. Otherwise, I think all of these women with these horror stories should go see the doctor..."

Stablepsycho (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control was horrible for me. I have NEVER had such a bad experience.. generally I respond just fine to any birth control (and I have been on quite a handful). The only potential factor here is that I am a few months postpartum so it is possible that my body still needs time to regulate, but I have gotten so much breakthrough bleeding on this pill and I really feel like things should be more normal by this point. If you have another option, I highly advise taking any pill other than this one."

ro (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I have high blood pressure, migraines, and my insurance wouldn't cover an IUD so I was put on this. I do notice my boobs are much more heavy, swollen, and sore when PMSing and the irregular periods are inconvenient and nerve-wracking. However, now that I've been on this pill for over a year, they have become a lot more regular (will still randomly show up when it's not supposed to but maybe only once every few months now rather than all the time - the periods I get are no lighter or heavier than what I'm used to). I had way worse issues with my weight, acne, bloating, sex drive, cramps, etc on other hormonal BC than I do on these. These reviews make it sound like this is the worst BC in the world, but personally, I'm not that bothered by it. It's worth it to not have migraines and a stroke risk anymore. It's not a bad option if it's your only option."

teebz (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 14, 2018

For Birth Control "The doctor prescribed me this birth control about 20 months ago so it wouldn't effect my breast milk. Overall, I love this pill! I didn't start my 1st cycle until my baby was almost 15 months old due to breastfeeding. You must take Camila around the same time every day within a 3 hour period. Now, if I was past that window time by several hours, I did have an actual period between cycles. That has happened to me twice. I take the blame because I was late taking the pill by 9-10 hours each time and that is an actual side effect that I read happens if you end up taken it late. If I take it around the same time each day, I have no issues. My periods are now on an average 3 days a month instead of 4-5 and are much lighter. I have lost 20 lbs since Nov from only dieting. My cramps no longer require me to pop ibuprofen like they are M&Ms and I hardly feel any pain. My sex drive has remained the same but I did notice that I am dryer when I'm intimate. Buy some lube and problem solved ;) ."

KaylaN January 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I was recently switched to Camila because I have a history of migraines and taken off the Nuva Ring that I was on for over 10 years without any side affects. I have been miserable ever since. After just a week or so on Camila, my face broke out like it's never before. I have never had issues with acne until now. After a few weeks, I stopped taking Camila because I could not take it anymore. I haven't taken it in a couple of weeks and my face has still not cleared up. I had read reviews with this complaint, but tried the pill as I had no other option. I regret that decision entirely. On top of the acne, I developed TMJ which the dentist and ENT associated with a hormonal imbalance due to stopping a combo birth control containing estrogen. I am currently not on any birth control until I meet with a Neurologist in hopes to get the ok to resume the NuvaRing again. I wish I could give Camila a zero for rating."

Amanda C NY January 29, 2018