User Reviews for Camila

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

1 review 103 medications
Summary of Camila reviews 4.1 59 reviews

Reviews for Camila

For Birth Control "With my experience - Don’t get it !!!! I have been bleeding for 2months !"

Ash (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2018

For Birth Control "After being on lo lo estrin off and on for years and having bad symptoms my Dr decided to switch me to Camilla 0.35 mg. Previously, when I was on loeloestrin, I almost immediately had side effects. Extreme bloating (5 lb weight gain), no motivation to do anything, tired all the time, no sex drive and spotting. With Camilla I have none of those symptoms. Feels like I’m not taking anything. After my bad experience with lolo I did research and found Lolo is made up of 10 micrograms of synthetic estrogen and 1 milligram of synthetic progesterone. Camilla has NO estrogen and 1/3 the amount of progesterone. This was a life saver for me."

Liz (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on put on this pill (1) because of my high blood pressure and (2) in January I had a molar pregnancy had to get a DNC and had to check my levels for 6 months straight so my Dr didn't want any more pregnancy til I was in the clear. If I would've known that I would have so much spotting in between periods, I would've never gotten on this pill. If you miss taking it by 1 hour, you will have 1 week of spotting. It is horrible. I've been spotting for 2 weeks now because I missed 1 dose. I can't take it... the stress of the spotting for so many days is making it worse.. I can't no more. I'm getting off this pill"

Unhappy September 18, 2018

For Endometriosis "I originally took this pill to ease the pain of my endometriosis. I didn’t make it to the 3 month mark. My periods have gone from 4 days to 10. It drys me out and makes inserting tampons very painful. Instead of having one day of excruciating pain, I ended up having 10 days of moderate pain with very bad nausea. My skin has become so oily and painful that it’s affecting my well being. Although I did not give this pill a fair chance, I simply could not wait it out to see if things got better."

Ashley (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

"Prescribed for menstrual migraines. First couple of months were fine, but then I started having 9 day long, heavy periods about every three weeks. I would also spot heavily or have 2-4 day periods in between the larger 9 day ones (I assume during my ovulation time.) Stuck with it for a little over a year total to see if things would even out and until I could go back in for my yearly exam. Worst part is that I still had headaches throughout taking it. Talked about unwanted side effects with Dr. and she suggested an IUD instead. I discontinued the pills myself because I was tired of bleeding up to three times a month, not knowing when my period was coming and wearing black all the time. I thought my doctor would discontinue it after I voiced my concerns, but I guess not. Skeptical to try IUD, as I don't want to mess with my hormones anymore after this experience and I'm doubtful that it will help my headaches since the pill didn't do much to help them."

Done With Camila (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2018

For Birth Control "This bc almost ruined my life and destroyed my last relationship. I was on & off Camila for the past 3 years that I was with my ex-bf, because I get migraines and couldn't take the combo pill. This bc gave me awful, painful, acne that wrecked my self esteem & made me never want to go outside. My hair started falling out in clumps (I lost probably 1/3rd of the total volume) & I became an angry, mean person. I experienced severe depression and anxiety on this pill and I had a hair trigger temper, which I never did before. I almost didn't graduate college because of how difficult it became to just get out of bed in the morning. Some days all I could do was cry. I barely recognized myself. I also would bleed randomly during the month and ruined a lot of underwear this way. Being on this pill was honestly a nightmare for me. I switched to a low-dosage IUD (Skyla) a couple of years ago, and my life (& skin) have been SO much better since. My moods are much more stable, plus my hair even grew back!"

Junebug August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "After being on combo pills for 10 years, 5 of which I had migraines with aura that I thought my doctor knew about, guess she didn’t. She immediately stopped my combo and put me on this. I made it a month. At first it was nausea but that was ok. Then I kinda forgot I switched except for a constant period, but little mental things were happening. I was mean. Small things triggered me. I had three panic attacks in a month when I had only one in my life before. I wouldn’t know how I would wake up: either ok or so depressed I couldn’t function. Nothing made me happy any more I was constantly yelling or crying or usually both. After almost losing my mind one day at work I did some research and found that the mini pill can cause mental issues like depression and anxiety. I called my doctor and stopped today. Praying this goes away as quick as it started. I want to be my old self again. I miss how I was before. This person is not me."

Laney (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I tried multiple combo birth control pills and an IUD which all ended terribly. My doctor and I decided maybe it was best that I took a progestin only pill because of how I reacted to birth control with estrogen. I both love and hate this prescription but if you do have issues taking estrogen then I highly recommend you give camila a shot. Yes, you do have to take it around the same time everyday. My hair does fall out more than usual and I do get almost like morning sickness before my periods. However, all of the positive outweighs the negatives. I used to have extreme cramping and I would get extremely sick every single period, with this pill I get a little sick before but my periods are more bearable. It does not effect my weight at all, maybe my sex drive a little but you learn to work with it. Overall, I do recommend you give it a shot as every woman experiences different things when trying different birth controls."

Kale (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2018

For Endometriosis "I've been on Camila now for just about 4 months. This is actually my first time ever being on an oral contraceptive at the bright age of 30! I choose the mini pill instead of a combination pill as it has decreased risk of developing blood clots (DVT/PE's). I work in an ER so there was no escaping this unfortunately (scarred for life lol). Anyway, so far I have really had limited side effects. My sex drive is actually WAY increased, despite the labels saying it will decrease. My periods are somewhat lighter (this was my incentive for even initiating an oral contraceptive), and I am hoping that they will continue to lighten up with time. My cramps are somewhat less severe, also hoping for these to let up with time. No increased acne issues. No weight gain. I have felt some occasional feelings of tiredness and not really wanting to do much, but I'm uncertain if that is related to this medication or not. I would highly recommend this medication to a friend!"

Sarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Started camila 7 days ago. For the last 4 days I have had serious mood swings. There were times when I would yell for no reason and times when I would burst into tears. Today was particularly bad because I cried nonstop most of the day. I can also attest to the increase in appetite. I'm not sure how effective is at preventing pregnancy but I'm not going to spend my days crying in order to find out."

BH (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I had to change from a combo pill to Camila because I get migraines and the combo pull increased the risk of stroke. My face broke out worse than it ever has before. I never had acne issues, just an occasional blemish. Now I have acne on top of acne. I stopped Camila three weeks ago and my face has not cleared up at all. I am forty years old and feel like a disgusting, oily, teenager. I’m so upset."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I just switched to this pill from the combined one. I don’t do well with birthcontrol but condoms make me itchy after sex. I just wanted to input from any hypochondriacs like me who look at these threads for info that EVERYONE EXPERIENCES HORMONES DIFFERENT! What worked or didn’t work for someone won't always effect you the same! So keep that in mind before freaking out! I remind myself this every time I read bc reviews!"

Anonymous April 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on camila for 2 years. I switched from the combination pills since they were giving me morning sickness every week after the placebo. On Camila, my periods are lighter and take the same amount of time (7 days). I usually get my period every 45 or so days on the pill. If I miss a pill, I can guarantee I'll have my period again within 2 weeks (sometimes I skip a pill on purpose if I'm planning a trip). As far as remembering when to take them, I just set an alarm on my phone and take it when it yells at me. I don't think I've had any weight gain as a result of camila, just simply me getting lazy and not exercising. The reason I've decided to stop taking the pills is I have little to no sex drive. It's driving my husband bonkers. Otherwise, I think all of these women with these horror stories should go see the doctor..."

Stablepsycho (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control was horrible for me. I have NEVER had such a bad experience.. generally I respond just fine to any birth control (and I have been on quite a handful). The only potential factor here is that I am a few months postpartum so it is possible that my body still needs time to regulate, but I have gotten so much breakthrough bleeding on this pill and I really feel like things should be more normal by this point. If you have another option, I highly advise taking any pill other than this one."

ro (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I have high blood pressure, migraines, and my insurance wouldn't cover an IUD so I was put on this. I do notice my boobs are much more heavy, swollen, and sore when PMSing and the irregular periods are inconvenient and nerve-wracking. However, now that I've been on this pill for over a year, they have become a lot more regular (will still randomly show up when it's not supposed to but maybe only once every few months now rather than all the time - the periods I get are no lighter or heavier than what I'm used to). I had way worse issues with my weight, acne, bloating, sex drive, cramps, etc on other hormonal BC than I do on these. These reviews make it sound like this is the worst BC in the world, but personally, I'm not that bothered by it. It's worth it to not have migraines and a stroke risk anymore. It's not a bad option if it's your only option."

teebz (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 14, 2018

For Birth Control "The doctor prescribed me this birth control about 20 months ago so it wouldn't effect my breast milk. Overall, I love this pill! I didn't start my 1st cycle until my baby was almost 15 months old due to breastfeeding. You must take Camila around the same time every day within a 3 hour period. Now, if I was past that window time by several hours, I did have an actual period between cycles. That has happened to me twice. I take the blame because I was late taking the pill by 9-10 hours each time and that is an actual side effect that I read happens if you end up taken it late. If I take it around the same time each day, I have no issues. My periods are now on an average 3 days a month instead of 4-5 and are much lighter. I have lost 20 lbs since Nov from only dieting. My cramps no longer require me to pop ibuprofen like they are M&Ms and I hardly feel any pain. My sex drive has remained the same but I did notice that I am dryer when I'm intimate. Buy some lube and problem solved ;) ."

KaylaN January 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I was recently switched to Camila because I have a history of migraines and taken off the Nuva Ring that I was on for over 10 years without any side affects. I have been miserable ever since. After just a week or so on Camila, my face broke out like it's never before. I have never had issues with acne until now. After a few weeks, I stopped taking Camila because I could not take it anymore. I haven't taken it in a couple of weeks and my face has still not cleared up. I had read reviews with this complaint, but tried the pill as I had no other option. I regret that decision entirely. On top of the acne, I developed TMJ which the dentist and ENT associated with a hormonal imbalance due to stopping a combo birth control containing estrogen. I am currently not on any birth control until I meet with a Neurologist in hopes to get the ok to resume the NuvaRing again. I wish I could give Camila a zero for rating."

Amanda C NY January 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I see so many bad reviews on here but I really have enjoyed being on this pill. Only a few negative side effects but they are definitely manageable. My skin got significantly more oily in the first few months, but with the right skincare routine and waiting it out, everything’s settled down. My period has been irregular, I now get my period every 2-3 months. The unpredictability of it is kinda annoying, but not unmanageable. When I do get it, it is still average duration and flow. Give it a chance, and wait at least 6 months for your body to adjust to it."

Anonymous January 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve always had a long and irregular periods, so the pill did not affect my period at all. The main change was extremely sore breast and slightly worst cramping. But definitely manageable for me. So the absolute worst thing was the depression. I’m exactly a month and and about three weeks ago I started having extremely bad depression. And breakdowns the point I was having super depressing thoughts. Over the past few weeks I kept questioning what the hell was wrong with me. One morning I forgot to take my pill and then I realized holy moly it’s that damn pill. I’m stopping today. I do not recommend this pill for anyone."

Jana Laiel January 20, 2018

For Birth Control "First day on the new pill and already experience horrible bloating not to mention the massive amount of mood swings. I cried at least 3 times for no reason at all and snapped at my boyfriend which I’ve never done and we’ve been dating for almost 2 years. Not to mention the super depressive thoughts. I refuse to take it a day longer. Give me my old pack back please!"

Anonymous December 23, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on the combo pill before which was great but made my blood pressure go sky high. I switched to Camila to help. I’ve been taking Camila since July and the first few months were good; no cramps, no bloating, even no period. I wasn’t worried that I was pregnant since I wasn’t really having sex at the time. My period is super light but I’ve had it for almost 2 weeks now and it sucks. I also have cramps now all day long. I’m truly thinking about switching back to my combo pill because these cramps and long periods are killing me!"

Aggravated (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill since February. It is now December. My periods are longer, heavier and irregular. I experience bad cramps nausea starting a full week before my period. I was prescribed it because I have high blood pressure. I also believe it has lowered my sex drive. I got on this pill instead of having my tubes tied and now I wish I had done that instead. I can have no bleeding BEFORE taking the pill and a hour after taking it I bleed. ;-( Hubby and I are unhappy because no sex isn't the BirthControl we were trying to have. I think I'm going to just stop taking it."

PoohBear828 December 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I am 40 years old and was put on Camilla 7 months ago due to high blood pressure. My periods were spotty at first, and then they might last 7 -10 days. I even had 2 periods one month. (I think due to missing a dose, but I made it up the next day.) Today, I’m worried I’m pregnant because my period is 2 weeks late! I’m hoping it’s just part of the irregular cycle Camilla creates. I have experienced some hair loss, but I wouldn’t say in clumps. I just seem to see more strands of hair on my comb and hands after I wash my hair. I have lost weight on Camilla, but I have been actively trying to, counting calories and walking 2 miles a day. My mood on Camilla has been better or stayed the same. The weight loss has probably helped with that also."

Ballca (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 5, 2017

For Birth Control "Okay, let me start off by saying I wish I had read these reviews earlier. My hair has been falling out in clumps for a while now. Its seriously looks like I have have thinning hair issues. I had a baby almost 6 months ago so I attributed the hair loss to that because I had read things about postnatal hair loss. However, this is abnormal. There is hair everywhere! On the floor, on my clothes, on my vanity. It is depressing. I have 2 other kids and my hair never fell out like this. Also, I have no sex drive whatsoever. I am taking them for birth control, I guess they work because we barely have sex now. I am also experiencing vaginal dryness and itchiness. Never had that issue before EVER! I'd rather use condoms... stopping these today!"

Please Read - Hair Loss (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2017

For Birth Control "I got on this pill specifically from my doctor because I was still nursing. She insured me this is pill to get on so my milk supply would not dry up. WRONG. I took it for about 6 days -on the 6th day I started pumping and absolutely nothing came out. Just empty. I also started bleeding. Not heavy very light. I got off of it immediately."

Macy D. (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017