User Reviews for Camila

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Camila.

Birth Control
4.6

Endometriosis

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

1 review 109 medications
Summary of Camila reviews 2.5 41 reviews

Reviews for Camila

For Birth Control "First day on the new pill and already experience horrible bloating not to mention the massive amount of mood swings. I cried at least 3 times for no reason at all and snapped at my boyfriend which I’ve never done and we’ve been dating for almost 2 years. Not to mention the super depressive thoughts. I refuse to take it a day longer. Give me my old pack back please!"

Anonymous December 23, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on the combo pill before which was great but made my blood pressure go sky high. I switched to Camila to help. I’ve been taking Camila since July and the first few months were good; no cramps, no bloating, even no period. I wasn’t worried that I was pregnant since I wasn’t really having sex at the time. My period is super light but I’ve had it for almost 2 weeks now and it sucks. I also have cramps now all day long. I’m truly thinking about switching back to my combo pill because these cramps and long periods are killing me!"

Aggravated (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill since February. It is now December. My periods are longer, heavier and irregular. I experience bad cramps nausea starting a full week before my period. I was prescribed it because I have high blood pressure. I also believe it has lowered my sex drive. I got on this pill instead of having my tubes tied and now I wish I had done that instead. I can have no bleeding BEFORE taking the pill and a hour after taking it I bleed. ;-( Hubby and I are unhappy because no sex isn't the BirthControl we were trying to have. I think I'm going to just stop taking it."

PoohBear828 December 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I am 40 years old and was put on Camilla 7 months ago due to high blood pressure. My periods were spotty at first, and then they might last 7 -10 days. I even had 2 periods one month. (I think due to missing a dose, but I made it up the next day.) Today, I’m worried I’m pregnant because my period is 2 weeks late! I’m hoping it’s just part of the irregular cycle Camilla creates. I have experienced some hair loss, but I wouldn’t say in clumps. I just seem to see more strands of hair on my comb and hands after I wash my hair. I have lost weight on Camilla, but I have been actively trying to, counting calories and walking 2 miles a day. My mood on Camilla has been better or stayed the same. The weight loss has probably helped with that also."

Ballca (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 5, 2017

For Birth Control "Okay, let me start off by saying I wish I had read these reviews earlier. My hair has been falling out in clumps for a while now. Its seriously looks like I have have thinning hair issues. I had a baby almost 6 months ago so I attributed the hair loss to that because I had read things about postnatal hair loss. However, this is abnormal. There is hair everywhere! On the floor, on my clothes, on my vanity. It is depressing. I have 2 other kids and my hair never fell out like this. Also, I have no sex drive whatsoever. I am taking them for birth control, I guess they work because we barely have sex now. I am also experiencing vaginal dryness and itchiness. Never had that issue before EVER! I'd rather use condoms... stopping these today!"

Please Read - Hair Loss (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2017

For Birth Control "I got on this pill specifically from my doctor because I was still nursing. She insured me this is pill to get on so my milk supply would not dry up. WRONG. I took it for about 6 days -on the 6th day I started pumping and absolutely nothing came out. Just empty. I also started bleeding. Not heavy very light. I got off of it immediately."

Macy D. (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for about 2 months, I wanted to try a low hormonal pill to hope for no or less weight gain. Camila by far is the worst birth control I have been on. My period is light but the duration is about 9-11 days SMH! I rather bleed heavy for 3-4! The cramps are deadly. I’ve always had bad cramps but this is different now. Oh, if you miss a pill by a few hours.. you start to cramp & bleed. I haven’t experienced any major breakouts. My mood is pretty normal, except for when I’m cramping & bloating. NOW the weight gain is no joke. I’m sure it’s all water weight & bloat.. but who wants that? I’ve gained 6lbs in one month! My appetite has definitely increased for the worst. I’m a normal healthy eater but all I want to do is snack."

SEG12 October 19, 2017

For Birth Control "There's a lot of bad reviews on here, so I thought I'd offer my experience to balance it out. Camila has been fine for me. Switching from estrogen-based birth control to progestin-only I have noticed a few negative side effects. I have slightly more acne/greasier skin. I also have a lot more breast pain/tenderness when I PMS than I did before. I hate having to remember it every day, and given the side effects, would go back on estrogen in a heartbeat. Since that's not an option, this has worked out fine for me. I haven't noticed any weight gain or moodiness"

jemkru September 22, 2017

For Birth Control "Imagine being pregnant and on your period at the same time -- without bleeding -- for months. That's what this pill is like. Countless pregnancy tests bought -- because surely all of this bloating, cramping, weight gain, fatigue, EXTREMELY sore and swollen boobs means I'm pregnant! Except no. This is just life now, courtesy of Camila. I ignored the negative reviews. I gave it 6 months. It's awful. And less effective than combo pills. Needless to say, I'm stopping immediately."

ByeCamila! August 24, 2017

For Birth Control "Was on the combined pills before that made me crazy. But this pill actually doesn't do any of that for me. Sure I've gained like 20 pounds in the few months I have been taking it. I have a few more cramps then usual. No abnormal bleeding. I got a little bit more acne then usual. But this pill does the trick for me."

Ashley T (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

For Birth Control "Started Camila back in December after meeting my amazing boyfriend. Seriously now have my period for like 9 days...(used to last like 5 or less). I have had abnormal mid-cycle bleeding, have gained weight, and am miserable. I can't wait to get to my Dr this week to get OFF this pill. I am so tired of the bleeding. I might as well become a nun. Ha!"

Not Getting Any in NH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2017

For Birth Control "I originally began taking this pill to lessen the pain of my period cramps and make them lighter. It did make them lighter but my cramps did not improve. I also wanted to protect against pregnancy which it did. I broke out a lot less. My boobs were sore and tender ALL THE TIME. The huge issue I had with this pill was the mood swings and weight gain. I was very irritable and constantly snapped at my mom and my boyfriend which caused arguments in our relationship. I was tired all the time. I cried over everything and was just very depressed. I did notice I would eat more which caused me to gain a bit of weight. I would not recommend this pill to anyone. It's not worth the emotional roller coaster it puts you on."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2017

For Birth Control "This pill is great I been taking it for 2 months no weight gain, no acne, my period is normal, my sex drive is very high..I do get moody but I can control that so I say that this is a great birthcontrol...especially since I'm breast feeding"

Jzmun May 24, 2017

For Birth Control "This is the absolute worst pill on the market. My periods used to be fine before this pill. Now my cramps are so horrible that I actually pass out from the pain and puke until the point where I would rather die. My face has broken out and I have gained almost 20 pounds. If I could give this pill a negative review I would."

Dylllydon18 May 9, 2017

For Birth Control "Can I give this pill a zero rating?! I started this pill back in July because I was having migraines with auras and my doctor thought this would help. NO. This pill is awful. I had no migraines but what I experienced was worse: acne breakouts all over my body which I have never experienced before this pill, frequent spotting but no actual period, bloating and cramping all of the time, drastic weight gain, zero sex drive, foggy brain and worst of all it made me so moody. I'm an extremely bubbly person and this pill made me mean and grumpy. I had zero tolerance and frequently snapped at people. I was tired all the time and depressed. I quit this pill a week ago and I feel so much better already. I am my old self again."

GG329 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2017

For Birth Control "This pill has so far prevented pregnancy successfully, even with missing occasionally. The irregular periods do provide quite the scare but I'm thankful for something during this breastfeeding stage. Since I exercise, I haven't noticed any weight gain or significant side effects after the first few days of taking it."

Anonymous April 24, 2017

For Birth Control "Awful pill. I threw away this month's pack and I am only on week 2. My face broke out like CRAZY and I became so irritable I wanted to put my fist through the wall constantly. I started having really bad depressive thoughts and I gained weight as well. Oh yeah, and I have no sex drive at all. Don't take this pill. I'm getting an IUD."

Falmouthchick April 19, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on Camila since I had my baby in July 2015. I breastfeed so this pill was the best for me at the time. I just had a consultation with my primary doctor due to a very big increase in my weight, before starting this pill I had lost all my baby weight. I am now 25 pounds heavier, the heaviest I've been all my life. I have had headaches, hairloss, mood swings,low sex drive, and irregular bleeding. After reading all these reviews it has become very clear to me I need to stop this pill immediately."

RIGIRL (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 20, 2017

For Birth Control "Started this medication due to breastfeeding. Worst birth control ever. My periods are EXTREMELY heavy and lasts forever , bloating out of this world and minor weight gain. After this pack, I'm done. Will never take this again."

Laporshia December 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I was put on this med back in 2013 as a trial and error. (I have a kidney disease and high blood pressure) - I was also suffering from heavy periods/ovulation pain. So I went on it. And then stopped because it caused my BP to raise after 3 months. I then tried again in 2016 because I was already on a beta blocker. I have bad break outs, low sex drive, bloating, periods are spotty and went from every 28 days to 22 days. I'm very moody and emotional."

JennB629 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I've had really no side effects from Camila. I wouldn't even know I was taking anything except I have had spotting here and there on it. It has made my period longer from 7 days to about 10 days, but much lighter and NO Cramps and No pms. Nothing is perfect but this pill has helped me so far."

sandrabean November 4, 2016

For Birth Control "Long But Important! Don't Take This! I absolutely hate this birth control!! It makes me SO rotten! Horrible mood swings to the point where I am snapping at people at work. I have gained 100 pounds being on birth control overall.. that's right. 100 pounds. But this one keeps tipping the scale! My acne is TERRIBLE, I have absolutely no sex drive, and my periods are so irregular. My ankles swell to the point where I can't feel my toes, my hair is falling out in clumps, and I am absolutely miserable. Please don't waste your time on Camila like i did. I don't want anyone to ever experience what I am right now. I am getting it switched today. Good luck ladies!!!"

haley0210 November 4, 2016

For Endometriosis "I just started taking this pill for heavy very crampy monthly periods. I am on my second pack and I've had my period for 12 days but no cramping which is great. It has made the bleeding a lot less but longer. Some days all I need is a panty liner which I could never do before this pill. Other than that, I have had no headache, acne or weight gain."

SuzyZimba November 3, 2016

For Birth Control "After having awful hemiplegic migraines with aura (which mimics a stroke and is really scary) on the combined pill, my OB prescribed this instead. I have not had one of these debilitating migraines since. I do notice some hair loss but it's not noticeable to anyone else but me. I rarely get breakthrough bleeding (but I never had heavy periods to begin with, just really painful). The tradeoff is so worth it. This pill has made my life so much better."

Happy User June 16, 2016

For Birth Control "Love it. No period. I have gained weight but need to change my diet anyways. I have PMDD and this pill really has changed my life for the better."

Teesa80 May 30, 2016