User Reviews for Camila

Not Listed / Other

1 review
Summary of Camila reviews 4.5 50 reviews

Reviews for Camila

For Birth Control "I just switched to this pill from the combined one. I don’t do well with birthcontrol but condoms make me itchy after sex. I just wanted to input from any hypochondriacs like me who look at these threads for info that EVERYONE EXPERIENCES HORMONES DIFFERENT! What worked or didn’t work for someone won't always effect you the same! So keep that in mind before freaking out! I remind myself this every time I read bc reviews!"

Anonymous April 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on camila for 2 years. I switched from the combination pills since they were giving me morning sickness every week after the placebo. On Camila, my periods are lighter and take the same amount of time (7 days). I usually get my period every 45 or so days on the pill. If I miss a pill, I can guarantee I'll have my period again within 2 weeks (sometimes I skip a pill on purpose if I'm planning a trip). As far as remembering when to take them, I just set an alarm on my phone and take it when it yells at me. I don't think I've had any weight gain as a result of camila, just simply me getting lazy and not exercising. The reason I've decided to stop taking the pills is I have little to no sex drive. It's driving my husband bonkers. Otherwise, I think all of these women with these horror stories should go see the doctor..."

Stablepsycho (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control was horrible for me. I have NEVER had such a bad experience.. generally I respond just fine to any birth control (and I have been on quite a handful). The only potential factor here is that I am a few months postpartum so it is possible that my body still needs time to regulate, but I have gotten so much breakthrough bleeding on this pill and I really feel like things should be more normal by this point. If you have another option, I highly advise taking any pill other than this one."

ro (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I have high blood pressure, migraines, and my insurance wouldn't cover an IUD so I was put on this. I do notice my boobs are much more heavy, swollen, and sore when PMSing and the irregular periods are inconvenient and nerve-wracking. However, now that I've been on this pill for over a year, they have become a lot more regular (will still randomly show up when it's not supposed to but maybe only once every few months now rather than all the time - the periods I get are no lighter or heavier than what I'm used to). I had way worse issues with my weight, acne, bloating, sex drive, cramps, etc on other hormonal BC than I do on these. These reviews make it sound like this is the worst BC in the world, but personally, I'm not that bothered by it. It's worth it to not have migraines and a stroke risk anymore. It's not a bad option if it's your only option."

teebz (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 14, 2018

For Birth Control "The doctor prescribed me this birth control about 20 months ago so it wouldn't effect my breast milk. Overall, I love this pill! I didn't start my 1st cycle until my baby was almost 15 months old due to breastfeeding. You must take Camila around the same time every day within a 3 hour period. Now, if I was past that window time by several hours, I did have an actual period between cycles. That has happened to me twice. I take the blame because I was late taking the pill by 9-10 hours each time and that is an actual side effect that I read happens if you end up taken it late. If I take it around the same time each day, I have no issues. My periods are now on an average 3 days a month instead of 4-5 and are much lighter. I have lost 20 lbs since Nov from only dieting. My cramps no longer require me to pop ibuprofen like they are M&Ms and I hardly feel any pain. My sex drive has remained the same but I did notice that I am dryer when I'm intimate. Buy some lube and problem solved ;) ."

KaylaN January 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I was recently switched to Camila because I have a history of migraines and taken off the Nuva Ring that I was on for over 10 years without any side affects. I have been miserable ever since. After just a week or so on Camila, my face broke out like it's never before. I have never had issues with acne until now. After a few weeks, I stopped taking Camila because I could not take it anymore. I haven't taken it in a couple of weeks and my face has still not cleared up. I had read reviews with this complaint, but tried the pill as I had no other option. I regret that decision entirely. On top of the acne, I developed TMJ which the dentist and ENT associated with a hormonal imbalance due to stopping a combo birth control containing estrogen. I am currently not on any birth control until I meet with a Neurologist in hopes to get the ok to resume the NuvaRing again. I wish I could give Camila a zero for rating."

Amanda C NY January 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I see so many bad reviews on here but I really have enjoyed being on this pill. Only a few negative side effects but they are definitely manageable. My skin got significantly more oily in the first few months, but with the right skincare routine and waiting it out, everything’s settled down. My period has been irregular, I now get my period every 2-3 months. The unpredictability of it is kinda annoying, but not unmanageable. When I do get it, it is still average duration and flow. Give it a chance, and wait at least 6 months for your body to adjust to it."

Anonymous January 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve always had a long and irregular periods, so the pill did not affect my period at all. The main change was extremely sore breast and slightly worst cramping. But definitely manageable for me. So the absolute worst thing was the depression. I’m exactly a month and and about three weeks ago I started having extremely bad depression. And breakdowns the point I was having super depressing thoughts. Over the past few weeks I kept questioning what the hell was wrong with me. One morning I forgot to take my pill and then I realized holy moly it’s that damn pill. I’m stopping today. I do not recommend this pill for anyone."

Jana Laiel January 20, 2018

For Birth Control "First day on the new pill and already experience horrible bloating not to mention the massive amount of mood swings. I cried at least 3 times for no reason at all and snapped at my boyfriend which I’ve never done and we’ve been dating for almost 2 years. Not to mention the super depressive thoughts. I refuse to take it a day longer. Give me my old pack back please!"

Anonymous December 23, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on the combo pill before which was great but made my blood pressure go sky high. I switched to Camila to help. I’ve been taking Camila since July and the first few months were good; no cramps, no bloating, even no period. I wasn’t worried that I was pregnant since I wasn’t really having sex at the time. My period is super light but I’ve had it for almost 2 weeks now and it sucks. I also have cramps now all day long. I’m truly thinking about switching back to my combo pill because these cramps and long periods are killing me!"

Aggravated (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill since February. It is now December. My periods are longer, heavier and irregular. I experience bad cramps nausea starting a full week before my period. I was prescribed it because I have high blood pressure. I also believe it has lowered my sex drive. I got on this pill instead of having my tubes tied and now I wish I had done that instead. I can have no bleeding BEFORE taking the pill and a hour after taking it I bleed. ;-( Hubby and I are unhappy because no sex isn't the BirthControl we were trying to have. I think I'm going to just stop taking it."

PoohBear828 December 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I am 40 years old and was put on Camilla 7 months ago due to high blood pressure. My periods were spotty at first, and then they might last 7 -10 days. I even had 2 periods one month. (I think due to missing a dose, but I made it up the next day.) Today, I’m worried I’m pregnant because my period is 2 weeks late! I’m hoping it’s just part of the irregular cycle Camilla creates. I have experienced some hair loss, but I wouldn’t say in clumps. I just seem to see more strands of hair on my comb and hands after I wash my hair. I have lost weight on Camilla, but I have been actively trying to, counting calories and walking 2 miles a day. My mood on Camilla has been better or stayed the same. The weight loss has probably helped with that also."

Ballca (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 5, 2017

For Birth Control "Okay, let me start off by saying I wish I had read these reviews earlier. My hair has been falling out in clumps for a while now. Its seriously looks like I have have thinning hair issues. I had a baby almost 6 months ago so I attributed the hair loss to that because I had read things about postnatal hair loss. However, this is abnormal. There is hair everywhere! On the floor, on my clothes, on my vanity. It is depressing. I have 2 other kids and my hair never fell out like this. Also, I have no sex drive whatsoever. I am taking them for birth control, I guess they work because we barely have sex now. I am also experiencing vaginal dryness and itchiness. Never had that issue before EVER! I'd rather use condoms... stopping these today!"

Please Read - Hair Loss (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2017

For Birth Control "I got on this pill specifically from my doctor because I was still nursing. She insured me this is pill to get on so my milk supply would not dry up. WRONG. I took it for about 6 days -on the 6th day I started pumping and absolutely nothing came out. Just empty. I also started bleeding. Not heavy very light. I got off of it immediately."

Macy D. (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for about 2 months, I wanted to try a low hormonal pill to hope for no or less weight gain. Camila by far is the worst birth control I have been on. My period is light but the duration is about 9-11 days SMH! I rather bleed heavy for 3-4! The cramps are deadly. I’ve always had bad cramps but this is different now. Oh, if you miss a pill by a few hours.. you start to cramp & bleed. I haven’t experienced any major breakouts. My mood is pretty normal, except for when I’m cramping & bloating. NOW the weight gain is no joke. I’m sure it’s all water weight & bloat.. but who wants that? I’ve gained 6lbs in one month! My appetite has definitely increased for the worst. I’m a normal healthy eater but all I want to do is snack."

SEG12 October 19, 2017

For Birth Control "There's a lot of bad reviews on here, so I thought I'd offer my experience to balance it out. Camila has been fine for me. Switching from estrogen-based birth control to progestin-only I have noticed a few negative side effects. I have slightly more acne/greasier skin. I also have a lot more breast pain/tenderness when I PMS than I did before. I hate having to remember it every day, and given the side effects, would go back on estrogen in a heartbeat. Since that's not an option, this has worked out fine for me. I haven't noticed any weight gain or moodiness"

jemkru September 22, 2017

For Birth Control "Imagine being pregnant and on your period at the same time -- without bleeding -- for months. That's what this pill is like. Countless pregnancy tests bought -- because surely all of this bloating, cramping, weight gain, fatigue, EXTREMELY sore and swollen boobs means I'm pregnant! Except no. This is just life now, courtesy of Camila. I ignored the negative reviews. I gave it 6 months. It's awful. And less effective than combo pills. Needless to say, I'm stopping immediately."

ByeCamila! August 24, 2017

For Birth Control "Was on the combined pills before that made me crazy. But this pill actually doesn't do any of that for me. Sure I've gained like 20 pounds in the few months I have been taking it. I have a few more cramps then usual. No abnormal bleeding. I got a little bit more acne then usual. But this pill does the trick for me."

Ashley T (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

For Birth Control "Started Camila back in December after meeting my amazing boyfriend. Seriously now have my period for like 9 days...(used to last like 5 or less). I have had abnormal mid-cycle bleeding, have gained weight, and am miserable. I can't wait to get to my Dr this week to get OFF this pill. I am so tired of the bleeding. I might as well become a nun. Ha!"

Not Getting Any in NH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2017

For Birth Control "I originally began taking this pill to lessen the pain of my period cramps and make them lighter. It did make them lighter but my cramps did not improve. I also wanted to protect against pregnancy which it did. I broke out a lot less. My boobs were sore and tender ALL THE TIME. The huge issue I had with this pill was the mood swings and weight gain. I was very irritable and constantly snapped at my mom and my boyfriend which caused arguments in our relationship. I was tired all the time. I cried over everything and was just very depressed. I did notice I would eat more which caused me to gain a bit of weight. I would not recommend this pill to anyone. It's not worth the emotional roller coaster it puts you on."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2017

For Birth Control "This pill is great I been taking it for 2 months no weight gain, no acne, my period is normal, my sex drive is very high..I do get moody but I can control that so I say that this is a great birthcontrol...especially since I'm breast feeding"

Jzmun May 24, 2017

For Birth Control "This is the absolute worst pill on the market. My periods used to be fine before this pill. Now my cramps are so horrible that I actually pass out from the pain and puke until the point where I would rather die. My face has broken out and I have gained almost 20 pounds. If I could give this pill a negative review I would."

Dylllydon18 May 9, 2017

For Birth Control "Can I give this pill a zero rating?! I started this pill back in July because I was having migraines with auras and my doctor thought this would help. NO. This pill is awful. I had no migraines but what I experienced was worse: acne breakouts all over my body which I have never experienced before this pill, frequent spotting but no actual period, bloating and cramping all of the time, drastic weight gain, zero sex drive, foggy brain and worst of all it made me so moody. I'm an extremely bubbly person and this pill made me mean and grumpy. I had zero tolerance and frequently snapped at people. I was tired all the time and depressed. I quit this pill a week ago and I feel so much better already. I am my old self again."

GG329 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2017

For Birth Control "This pill has so far prevented pregnancy successfully, even with missing occasionally. The irregular periods do provide quite the scare but I'm thankful for something during this breastfeeding stage. Since I exercise, I haven't noticed any weight gain or significant side effects after the first few days of taking it."

Anonymous April 24, 2017

For Birth Control "Awful pill. I threw away this month's pack and I am only on week 2. My face broke out like CRAZY and I became so irritable I wanted to put my fist through the wall constantly. I started having really bad depressive thoughts and I gained weight as well. Oh yeah, and I have no sex drive at all. Don't take this pill. I'm getting an IUD."

Falmouthchick April 19, 2017