User Reviews for Camila

Endometriosis 3 reviews 106 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 109 medications

Summary of Camila reviews 33 reviews 2.6

Reviews for Camila

For Birth Control "Imagine being pregnant and on your period at the same time -- without bleeding -- for months. That's what this pill is like. Countless pregnancy tests bought -- because surely all of this bloating, cramping, weight gain, fatigue, EXTREMELY sore and swollen boobs means I'm pregnant! Except no. This is just life now, courtesy of Camila. I ignored the negative reviews. I gave it 6 months. It's awful. And less effective than combo pills. Needless to say, I'm stopping immediately."

ByeCamila! August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Was on the combined pills before that made me crazy. But this pill actually doesn't do any of that for me. Sure I've gained like 20 pounds in the few months I have been taking it. I have a few more cramps then usual. No abnormal bleeding. I got a little bit more acne then usual. But this pill does the trick for me."

Ashley T (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Started Camila back in December after meeting my amazing boyfriend. Seriously now have my period for like 9 days...(used to last like 5 or less). I have had abnormal mid-cycle bleeding, have gained weight, and am miserable. I can't wait to get to my Dr this week to get OFF this pill. I am so tired of the bleeding. I might as well become a nun. Ha!"

Not Getting Any in NH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I originally began taking this pill to lessen the pain of my period cramps and make them lighter. It did make them lighter but my cramps did not improve. I also wanted to protect against pregnancy which it did. I broke out a lot less. My boobs were sore and tender ALL THE TIME. The huge issue I had with this pill was the mood swings and weight gain. I was very irritable and constantly snapped at my mom and my boyfriend which caused arguments in our relationship. I was tired all the time. I cried over everything and was just very depressed. I did notice I would eat more which caused me to gain a bit of weight. I would not recommend this pill to anyone. It's not worth the emotional roller coaster it puts you on."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill is great I been taking it for 2 months no weight gain, no acne, my period is normal, my sex drive is very high..I do get moody but I can control that so I say that this is a great birthcontrol...especially since I'm breast feeding"

Jzmun May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is the absolute worst pill on the market. My periods used to be fine before this pill. Now my cramps are so horrible that I actually pass out from the pain and puke until the point where I would rather die. My face has broken out and I have gained almost 20 pounds. If I could give this pill a negative review I would."

Dylllydon18 May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Can I give this pill a zero rating?! I started this pill back in July because I was having migraines with auras and my doctor thought this would help. NO. This pill is awful. I had no migraines but what I experienced was worse: acne breakouts all over my body which I have never experienced before this pill, frequent spotting but no actual period, bloating and cramping all of the time, drastic weight gain, zero sex drive, foggy brain and worst of all it made me so moody. I'm an extremely bubbly person and this pill made me mean and grumpy. I had zero tolerance and frequently snapped at people. I was tired all the time and depressed. I quit this pill a week ago and I feel so much better already. I am my old self again."

GG329 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill has so far prevented pregnancy successfully, even with missing occasionally. The irregular periods do provide quite the scare but I'm thankful for something during this breastfeeding stage. Since I exercise, I haven't noticed any weight gain or significant side effects after the first few days of taking it."

Anonymous April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Awful pill. I threw away this month's pack and I am only on week 2. My face broke out like CRAZY and I became so irritable I wanted to put my fist through the wall constantly. I started having really bad depressive thoughts and I gained weight as well. Oh yeah, and I have no sex drive at all. Don't take this pill. I'm getting an IUD."

Falmouthchick April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Camila since I had my baby in July 2015. I breastfeed so this pill was the best for me at the time. I just had a consultation with my primary doctor due to a very big increase in my weight, before starting this pill I had lost all my baby weight. I am now 25 pounds heavier, the heaviest I've been all my life. I have had headaches, hairloss, mood swings,low sex drive, and irregular bleeding. After reading all these reviews it has become very clear to me I need to stop this pill immediately."

RIGIRL (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Started this medication due to breastfeeding. Worst birth control ever. My periods are EXTREMELY heavy and lasts forever , bloating out of this world and minor weight gain. After this pack, I'm done. Will never take this again."

Laporshia December 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was put on this med back in 2013 as a trial and error. (I have a kidney disease and high blood pressure) - I was also suffering from heavy periods/ovulation pain. So I went on it. And then stopped because it caused my BP to raise after 3 months. I then tried again in 2016 because I was already on a beta blocker. I have bad break outs, low sex drive, bloating, periods are spotty and went from every 28 days to 22 days. I'm very moody and emotional."

JennB629 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've had really no side effects from Camila. I wouldn't even know I was taking anything except I have had spotting here and there on it. It has made my period longer from 7 days to about 10 days, but much lighter and NO Cramps and No pms. Nothing is perfect but this pill has helped me so far."

sandrabean November 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Long But Important! Don't Take This! I absolutely hate this birth control!! It makes me SO rotten! Horrible mood swings to the point where I am snapping at people at work. I have gained 100 pounds being on birth control overall.. that's right. 100 pounds. But this one keeps tipping the scale! My acne is TERRIBLE, I have absolutely no sex drive, and my periods are so irregular. My ankles swell to the point where I can't feel my toes, my hair is falling out in clumps, and I am absolutely miserable. Please don't waste your time on Camila like i did. I don't want anyone to ever experience what I am right now. I am getting it switched today. Good luck ladies!!!"

haley0210 November 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I just started taking this pill for heavy very crampy monthly periods. I am on my second pack and I've had my period for 12 days but no cramping which is great. It has made the bleeding a lot less but longer. Some days all I need is a panty liner which I could never do before this pill. Other than that, I have had no headache, acne or weight gain."

SuzyZimba November 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "After having awful hemiplegic migraines with aura (which mimics a stroke and is really scary) on the combined pill, my OB prescribed this instead. I have not had one of these debilitating migraines since. I do notice some hair loss but it's not noticeable to anyone else but me. I rarely get breakthrough bleeding (but I never had heavy periods to begin with, just really painful). The tradeoff is so worth it. This pill has made my life so much better."

Happy User June 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Love it. No period. I have gained weight but need to change my diet anyways. I have PMDD and this pill really has changed my life for the better."

Teesa80 May 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "My Dr prescribed it for me for endometriosis. I took the first one today but after reading reviews from this site and others I will not take it anymore I would rather be in pain than have all the side effects."

* May 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This was the worst birth control I have been on since I started 10yrs ago. I have taken Crystelle, deposit shot and this. I changed doctors and my previous prescribed camila when I was breastfeeding but after I stopped the sign effects came out of no where hard. That's when I had constant bloating, break through bleeding and mood swings. My new doctor said it wasn't a period like I thought because I would bleed on and off for days then weeks. She said it was break through bleeding. It stop pregnancy by making you feel unattractive with all the random bleeding and bloating. Switching doctors was the best decision because she gave me Crystelle again and now I am back to normal and lost some weight. Only use if breastfeeding"

Rae777774 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for over a year now and hate it. I used to be on an estrogen one but my dr said my blood pressure was a bit too high so she switched me (every other time I get my blood pressure checked it's completely normal). I have heavy periods which in my job where I can't just get up and go to the bathroom when I need sucks. I didn't have my period at all during the summer but then it came back with a vengeance. I have had it roughly every two weeks for the past 5 months. I also never know when it's going to start so I am wearing a pad more often than not now. I am going to be telling my dr to take me off this pill when I next go in."

MarMar155 April 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "After being on the combined pill for 5 years to help my menstrual migraines, a well informed doctor told me that I should have never been taking the combined pill if I have a migraine with an aura because apparently it can cause a stroke.... So I switched to this pill, and haven't had a migraine since!!! (Been taking it for 7 months now) The only thing that holds this pill back from being a 10, is that 1. You have very irregular periods. When I first started taking it I had a period every 2 weeks. But since then they have become few & far between. 2. You need to use back up protection due to this pill not being as affective. But other than that, I love this pill. I even lost some weight when I started taking it!"

Jozie H March 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Horrible! Was put on this due to high blood pressure. I have taken it at the exact same time every day for 9 months, never missing one. Bleeding very irregular, sometimes every other week and more constant than not. Sometimes heavy, sometimes light. Flip of a coin I guess. Dr said to give it a few months to settle down, it did for a little bit then right back to more than not. Guess that's how it works for birth control.... Last thing I actually feel like doing! No weight gain or any other side effects. Going to change it at next dr. Appointment. Had enough."

Marie 922 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have to take it because I can't take the regular birth control pills with estrogen. It's nice in the fact that I only get my period once every 3-6 months, but that can also make me a bit paranoid about being pregnant. I've just learned to trust the pill and take it perfectly on time. I haven't made any lifestyle changes, but in the past couple of months I've gained about 20 pounds seemingly out of nowhere. Not sure if it's because I've been on the pill for a year now or not, but the timing was strange because I started gaining weight after exactly a year on it. That's the only reason I didn't give it a 10. Weight gain aside, my periods are only about three times a year and only 2-4 days when I do get them. So that's a nice benefit."

AlFr January 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for a month and a half over that time I lost what feels like half the thickness of my hair, clumps falling out everyday. I decided to stop the pill to see if it was the true cause and 4 days later my hair stopped falling out. I would not recommend this pill to anyone"

Jenna1221 January 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "A LIFE SAVER. I have never been able to take estrogen combined pills. Always had bad side effects. Once I was put on Camila it was totally different. I had irregular bleeding at first but now all is well. I love this pill. Its the only one my body has tolerated. We are still being careful because of the less efficiency of combined pills. But I give it a 10 because its the only one for me!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2015