User Reviews for Camila

Endometriosis 2 reviews 160 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 162 medications

Summary of Camila reviews 18 reviews 3.0

Reviews for Camila

For Birth Control "After having awful hemiplegic migraines with aura (which mimics a stroke and is really scary) on the combined pill, my OB prescribed this instead. I have not had one of these debilitating migraines since. I do notice some hair loss but it's not noticeable to anyone else but me. I rarely get breakthrough bleeding (but I never had heavy periods to begin with, just really painful). The tradeoff is so worth it. This pill has made my life so much better."

Happy User June 16, 2016

For Birth Control "Love it. No period. I have gained weight but need to change my diet anyways. I have PMDD and this pill really has changed my life for the better."

Teesa80 May 30, 2016

For Endometriosis "My Dr prescribed it for me for endometriosis. I took the first one today but after reading reviews from this site and others I will not take it anymore I would rather be in pain than have all the side effects."

* May 6, 2016

For Birth Control "This was the worst birth control I have been on since I started 10yrs ago. I have taken Crystelle, deposit shot and this. I changed doctors and my previous prescribed camila when I was breastfeeding but after I stopped the sign effects came out of no where hard. That's when I had constant bloating, break through bleeding and mood swings. My new doctor said it wasn't a period like I thought because I would bleed on and off for days then weeks. She said it was break through bleeding. It stop pregnancy by making you feel unattractive with all the random bleeding and bloating. Switching doctors was the best decision because she gave me Crystelle again and now I am back to normal and lost some weight. Only use if breastfeeding"

Rae777774 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for over a year now and hate it. I used to be on an estrogen one but my dr said my blood pressure was a bit too high so she switched me (every other time I get my blood pressure checked it's completely normal). I have heavy periods which in my job where I can't just get up and go to the bathroom when I need sucks. I didn't have my period at all during the summer but then it came back with a vengeance. I have had it roughly every two weeks for the past 5 months. I also never know when it's going to start so I am wearing a pad more often than not now. I am going to be telling my dr to take me off this pill when I next go in."

MarMar155 April 30, 2016

For Birth Control "After being on the combined pill for 5 years to help my menstrual migraines, a well informed doctor told me that I should have never been taking the combined pill if I have a migraine with an aura because apparently it can cause a stroke.... So I switched to this pill, and haven't had a migraine since!!! (Been taking it for 7 months now) The only thing that holds this pill back from being a 10, is that 1. You have very irregular periods. When I first started taking it I had a period every 2 weeks. But since then they have become few & far between. 2. You need to use back up protection due to this pill not being as affective. But other than that, I love this pill. I even lost some weight when I started taking it!"

Jozie H March 23, 2016

For Birth Control "Horrible! Was put on this due to high blood pressure. I have taken it at the exact same time every day for 9 months, never missing one. Bleeding very irregular, sometimes every other week and more constant than not. Sometimes heavy, sometimes light. Flip of a coin I guess. Dr said to give it a few months to settle down, it did for a little bit then right back to more than not. Guess that's how it works for birth control.... Last thing I actually feel like doing! No weight gain or any other side effects. Going to change it at next dr. Appointment. Had enough."

Marie 922 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I have to take it because I can't take the regular birth control pills with estrogen. It's nice in the fact that I only get my period once every 3-6 months, but that can also make me a bit paranoid about being pregnant. I've just learned to trust the pill and take it perfectly on time. I haven't made any lifestyle changes, but in the past couple of months I've gained about 20 pounds seemingly out of nowhere. Not sure if it's because I've been on the pill for a year now or not, but the timing was strange because I started gaining weight after exactly a year on it. That's the only reason I didn't give it a 10. Weight gain aside, my periods are only about three times a year and only 2-4 days when I do get them. So that's a nice benefit."

AlFr January 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for a month and a half over that time I lost what feels like half the thickness of my hair, clumps falling out everyday. I decided to stop the pill to see if it was the true cause and 4 days later my hair stopped falling out. I would not recommend this pill to anyone"

Jenna1221 January 10, 2016

For Birth Control "A LIFE SAVER. I have never been able to take estrogen combined pills. Always had bad side effects. Once I was put on Camila it was totally different. I had irregular bleeding at first but now all is well. I love this pill. Its the only one my body has tolerated. We are still being careful because of the less efficiency of combined pills. But I give it a 10 because its the only one for me!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I began taking this form of birth control due to continuous high blood pressure. I took it for roughly 3-4 years I'd say and did not realize how bad it made me feel until I stopped taking it! My blood pressure has been regular the last 1 1/2-2 years, so my doctor decided to switch me to Ortho Tri-Cyc Lo Dose. I've been off Camila for about a month now. I noticed that within weeks of ceasing to use it, I had more energy, felt less bloated/lost a few pounds, and my moods have improved. I also feel as if a weight has been lifted off of my body. I was always so tired, I never wanted to go anywhere or do anything. My energy level has improved so much over these last few weeks! I am so glad I stopped taking this! never again!!"

veronicamarie September 29, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Started this medication 4 months ago as trial/alternative to hysterectomy. Thus far, I have experienced bleeding more than not. (Great way to spend summer!) The abdominal pain & never knowing when you will start to bleed out is awful!! Can't wait to meet with doctor next month & get OFF of this drug :("

SharkMommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2015

For Birth Control "Started taking this pill in December 2014, and been on it since. I am not happy with it at all. I used to have regular periods, but Camila made it very irregular. I hate not knowing if I will have a period or not . my mentality changed as well; usually I'm a very happy girl, but the pill made me into a raging mean lunatic. It gave me extreme mood swings, frequent migraines, problems with my vision, depression, hair loss, extreme bloating, no sex drive at all, vaginal dryness, increased acne on my chin , numbness in my feet, and lack of sleep. I am stopping this immediately. I do not reccomend this. This pill is evil."

ju1ie May 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on birth control for 10 years and had to switch to a progestin version due to high blood pressure.. I had NO problems with my previous birth control, however with Camila I have not stopped spotting since I started it a month and a half ago. I've had headaches almost every day, and hormonal acne has increased (chin and forehead) also my hair has been falling out in clumps! I've never heard of this before and I'm so frustrated. You have to take it at the same time every day too. I'm stopping it today."

Hmmmm13535 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been using Camilla for 2-3 years now. I have not had any pregnancies. I am unable to use estrogen pills because of side effects and Camila has been a lot better in terms of that. However, after about a year of using it my periods are incredibly irregular. I'll sometimes get them every two weeks, sometimes I won't have one for 2 months, and sometimes I'll spot all month long. Compared to the estrogen pill problems I had it's okay, but if you're planning on using Camila to regulate periods- good luck."

Long term user (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 23, 2014

"I started this medication because my Dr. said my body is sensitive to estrogen. The first month was okay; I had some dryness around my mouth that the corners of my mouth were cracked. I then continued and my whole mentality changed. My boyfriend noticed a huge difference. I am normally a very upbeat laid back girlfriend who turned into a clingy confrontational friend (we went onto break because he couldn't handle it). I originally took it for PMS symptoms and to regulate my bleeding. I didn't take it for birth control; so I don't know how effective that was. I was on it for a total of 6 months and which I stopped it before, but wanted to give it time to regulate. Cons: acne, PMS ALL the time, dry mouth. Pros: weight loss, regular period."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2013

For Birth Control "I use birth control mainly because I have irregular periods. I switched from the Nuvaring (not sure if the bad mood swings, multiple yeast/UTI infections, and INSANELY low sex drive were because of the ring or because of a really bad relationship), and it's been great. I really dislike the 3 hour window (I forget pills). But I'm giving it a 9 because I haven't had ANY of the side effects that tend to come with other methods. I feel really great and aside from light spotting, I can't really tell that I'm on the pill. If you don't mind using backup methods with sex then it could be really awesome to use."

Anonymous January 5, 2012

For Birth Control "So far, so good. I'm using this so I can continue breastfeeding and not have another baby yet. No side effects, and I have not had my period, which is nice. My baby is 8 months old, and we're both happy!"

Stella1980 September 29, 2011

For Endometriosis "I started this after my second lap surgery for my endometriosis. Had no problems the first month, but have now been bleeding nonstop for 6 weeks. I really liked the fact that I didn't suffer from the side effects that I feel with a typical combination pill (weight gain, nausea, etc), but I cannot take the bleeding and pain anymore. I have had to take 2-3 pills a day to control the bleeding and am still experiencing spotting and cramps. I'm sure that this is the right method for controlling endometriosis for some women, but it is definitely not right for me. "

Anonymous March 29, 2011