User Reviews for Camila

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Summary of Camila reviews 4.1 79 reviews

Reviews for Camila

Ange · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2019

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control, I have missed my period thinking I was pregnant I had taken 4 pregnancy test and they had all came back negative. I am currently going on 2 months without a period and still negative pregnancy tests. I have been on 5 kinds of birth control pills and this one is the worst. All I have felt when taking this is pain. The reviews that are positive on here and fake save your body and do not take this pill."

rose · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 9, 2019

For Birth Control "Only reason I was put on this birth control was due to my high blood pressure I couldn't take other types of oral contraceptive pills, but that was the worse decision ever. Ever since I started taking this thing I been feeling horrible such as fatigue, insomnia, dizziness, nausea, light headed, depression, mood swings, and worst of all WEIGHT GAIN. I was not on any other medication nor did I take anything for my blood pressure so of course I new this birth control was the only thing giving me these crazy side effects. I'll just stick to my old birth controls that I been put on in the past."

CourtKnee · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 7, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I’m 40 years old and was getting migraines every two weeks which we attributed to hormonal surges and heavy bleeding. The doctor suggested I try this to “suppress” my ovaries and help calm down the surges. I gave this a shot even with the warnings of increased appetite, bloating and skin changes. I lasted 1.5 months and had to stop. I originally stopped because of the increased appetite and the fact that it did nothing for my bleeding. The headaches were consistent with frequency but didn’t last as long - I’m sure with time maybe this could have changed. My period came a week early and has lingered 4 days longer than normal. The cramping is horrendous. Daily, non stop cramps that are now even worse after I’ve stopped the pill - plus spotting. And I’ve only been off it for 2 days now. I think any medication is worth trying out but just be aware of what to possibly expect and decide if the cons are worth it"

Jess July 1, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have just finished my 2nd pack. Starting 3rd tomorrow. I am bleeding every other week. I started taking it to regulate my periods. It has made it worse. I am constantly bleeding either spotting or full blown. My breast have gotten bigger. My mood swings are OFF the wall. I do not know if I can make this 3rd month all the way. I am tired of having to buy 2 packs of pads."

Z · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2019

For Birth Control "I started this Camila birth control 2 months ago. I wanted my period to be lighter and I got what I wanted BUT my period literally only gives me a week off before starting again. This stuff is ridiculous ... I need to switch ASAP and the blood is really watery , the pad doesn't really absorb it, it just slides down the pad smh most definitely switching to another method."

ABC June 12, 2019

For Birth Control "I started taking Camila six months ago, after having a medical abortion. Some how in my late 30s, I have become quite fertile and I was afraid to get pregnant again, so I went on birth control for the first time since high school. They would not prescribe me anything with estrogen because of past migraines, so I went on Camila despite reading all the reviews. I have not had any issues with mood swings. I did not get acne like some have warned. I still have a healthy sex drive. I always shed, so I don't think this birth control has made that any worse. I have definitely gained weight, but I could blame that on late night munchies as well. The periods were all over the place. Sometimes I would get my period twice in a month. Then last month, I didn't get it at all. In fact, I got PREGNANT using this birth control perfectly! Everyday! At the same everyday! This was not supposed to happen. This birth control failed me. Approx 13/100 women will get pregnant on this pill. BEWARE!"

WhatHappened? June 4, 2019

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill because I get ocular migraines and can’t take a pill with estrogen. After about 3 months I noticed a huge change in my periods. I had a period that lasted for 2 weeks and then after that things got worse. I noticed that my periods were more liquid and that I didn’t seem to be losing as much tissue amounts as I always had (sorry if that’s too graphic). Jump ahead a couple years and my husband and I go through the infertility tests and I find out my tubes are blocked. I can’t say for sure that it was this pill but my doc said blockages like mine happen as a result of severe trauma which I’ve never had any. Got me thinking it was the pill that thickened the mucus lining to stop the sperm that has caused me fertility problems."

Cass May 24, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been taking Camila birth control pill for about two and a half years, Here are the things I have experienced since being on Camila: 1. When I first started on Camila I noticed I was breaking out a lot on my face, and back, I was 30 when I started taking Camila and had never broken out like this before my doctor gave me spironolactone for the acne and we increased the dose three times but it didn't work, now I use tretinoin on my face and it helps, but I can't go in the sun and it doesn't help with the body acne. 2. I was previously on one of those amazing pills where you only got your period every 3-4 months for about 4 days, *sigh* , now I get my period just about every 2 weeks one is short (like 6 days....) the next one is about 10-12 day and they just keep coming. 3. Non-existent sex drive, like not even a little. 4. Recently, I have noticed a huge shift in my mood- I am irritable, moody, lacking a sense of satisfaction or joy."

Not Shabby · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2019

For Birth Control "Before you read this just remember that everyone experiences different things when it comes to hormones! I have been on Camila (POP- progestin-only pill) for 5 months after using a combo pill for 5 years. I have high blood pressure so I had to switch to a mini pill due to risk of clots and stroke. I have actually lost weight and gotten a period again (I lost my period a couple years ago and wanted one back). The only problem I have had is some major hair loss... I have long thick hair so I’m used to losing some every day but this has gotten bad enough to the point that I’m going to try another brand. It’s really sad but I choose my hair over everything else lol"

SPQ89 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 15, 2019

For Birth Control "I just stopped taking the Camila birth control pill after 5 months. Initially I did not have a period at all— this lasted approximately 3 months. Once I did get my period I broke out in cystic acne all over my chin. There would be (on average) 5 large and deep pimples around my chin. No matter what I tried these pimples would not go away. In addition, I gained 12 pounds in about 6 weeks. I run, bike, go to yoga, and eat the same foods consistently. I finally decided to stop taking the pill two weeks ago and switch to Nuvaring. My skin has already cleared up (I have one small zit now and it’s almost gone) and my bloating is decreasing. Although this pill did prevent pregnancies it was not worth the side effects."

Nat · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2019

For Birth Control "After trying to go on a combo pill (Apri) and getting horrible nausea, random acne, migraines, and a skin rash, my doctor switched me to Camila. I'm nearly done with the first pack and so far, so good. I used to have a lot of emotional ups and downs and almost too much of a sex drive. This has calmed down my emotions and also my sex drive, but not in a bad way. I have had zero spotting or bleeding between periods. My skin which was fine but slight hormonal acne before periods, has been totally clear. The only downside I have noticed is my boobs swelling/tenderness. Will update after more time but wanted to put out a hopeful review after so many negative ones."

Pookie · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2019

For Birth Control "Just had my son 6 months ago and I was breast feeding so my doctor recommended Camila birth control and ever since I have been taking it, my face has been covered in acne, mind you I have had none for years, and I can not loose weight even when I have been trying. Plus my periods are extremely painful so probably going to get off of this pill"

Taurus girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 20, 2019

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Camila birth control after I had my daughter because it was safe for breast feeding. I have been on birth control since I was 16 and my periods were always normal occurring every 28-30 days lasting about 3-4 days. Since being on Camila, I literally had a period for like 2 whole weeks and then had another like 2.5 weeks later! Needless to say I discontinued, that was ridiculous!"

Shae March 18, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on and off with the mini pill, switching between pills to see what works best. I haven’t been consistent until just now starting in January. I constantly bleed. Either its every other week or every other two weeks. My period comes every 28 days but I always spot in between and it’s bothersome when you think you’re done bleeding for the month and then out of nowhere start bleeding again. When my period is about to come, my breast hurt super bad and I get real nauseous. It made me think I was pregnant , until the test was negative and my period came on the 28th day. I get terrible cramps when I’m spotting and also when I’m on my period. It protects you for sure but it’s a hassle to deal with constant bleeding. I also break out when I’m on my period and my face does clear up tho after my period ends. I crave things sometimes and mood swings. I get irritated more quickly and I’m super tired most days."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been sick for months with this pill!! I do nothing but vomit all day, my breast hurt, and my period went from 3 days to 7 or more.... I ended up in the ER. I thought I was having a stroke!!"

Mxdgrl · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2019

For Birth Control "So I have been taking this pill for about 3-4 months now. I started taking it because I was and am sexually active and I wanted extra protection. However, It has caused my period to come every 2 weeks. Previously it would come at a normal rate, once a month. I do not understand why this is happening at all. I have had mood swings and issues concentrating while on my period that I did not have prior to taking this pill. The worst has honestly been the cramps. The cramps that being on this pill are absolutely terrible. I did not really have really bad cramps before, they had been pretty subtle, never too much. However the cramps in combination with the excruciating back aches it has caused, well all I can say is, you may want to call in sick that day. I have honestly considered just stopping taking the pill without even asking my doctor, since I haven’t been able to get in contact. Honestly if it keeps up I’m just going to stop taking it. Absolutely terrible."

Awill · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Camila for a month now & I’m not sure how to feel. As of now my period is a week late & no I’m not sexually active. I’ve never had a period this late so I’m not sure what’s going on. I haven’t noticed any side affects from this medicine though so that’s a good thing. I also make sure to take my medicine the same time everyday !"

Kim · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2018

For Birth Control "Biggest issue is my breasts hurt so bad. I wish I could take them off. Never had this issue before. And I either gained weight or am extremely bloated."

Rita · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 23, 2018

For Birth Control "When it comes to birth control, it's different strokes for different folks. I'm over 35 y/o. I switched from combo pills to Camila 6 months ago cause of the terrible side effects. Ever since I took Camila, I haven't had bad effects. No more high blood pressure, no migraines, no crazy mood swings, no skin rashes, no cramps, and period is 3-4 days instead of 6-7 when I was on TriCyclen. The only side effect from Camila is the weight gain. I'm definitely keep taking Camila."

Alecia · Taken for less than 1 month October 19, 2018

For Birth Control "My doctor prescribed Camila because I was 5 weeks postpartum and still breastfeeding. After taking the pill for the first 3 days at the same time I started spotting, by day 4 into day 5 I started having heavy bleeding. It didn't affected my milk supply but I could not deal with the heavy bleeding so I stopped talking the pill."

Ash · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 7, 2018

For Birth Control "With my experience - Don’t get it !!!! I have been bleeding for 2months !"

Liz · Taken for less than 1 month October 4, 2018

For Birth Control "After being on lo lo estrin off and on for years and having bad symptoms my Dr decided to switch me to Camilla 0.35 mg. Previously, when I was on loeloestrin, I almost immediately had side effects. Extreme bloating (5 lb weight gain), no motivation to do anything, tired all the time, no sex drive and spotting. With Camilla I have none of those symptoms. Feels like I’m not taking anything. After my bad experience with lolo I did research and found Lolo is made up of 10 micrograms of synthetic estrogen and 1 milligram of synthetic progesterone. Camilla has NO estrogen and 1/3 the amount of progesterone. This was a life saver for me."

Unhappy September 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on put on this pill (1) because of my high blood pressure and (2) in January I had a molar pregnancy had to get a DNC and had to check my levels for 6 months straight so my Dr didn't want any more pregnancy til I was in the clear. If I would've known that I would have so much spotting in between periods, I would've never gotten on this pill. If you miss taking it by 1 hour, you will have 1 week of spotting. It is horrible. I've been spotting for 2 weeks now because I missed 1 dose. I can't take it... the stress of the spotting for so many days is making it worse.. I can't no more. I'm getting off this pill"

Ashley · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 7, 2018

For Endometriosis "I originally took this pill to ease the pain of my endometriosis. I didn’t make it to the 3 month mark. My periods have gone from 4 days to 10. It drys me out and makes inserting tampons very painful. Instead of having one day of excruciating pain, I ended up having 10 days of moderate pain with very bad nausea. My skin has become so oily and painful that it’s affecting my well being. Although I did not give this pill a fair chance, I simply could not wait it out to see if things got better."

Done With Camila · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 1, 2018

"Prescribed for menstrual migraines. First couple of months were fine, but then I started having 9 day long, heavy periods about every three weeks. I would also spot heavily or have 2-4 day periods in between the larger 9 day ones (I assume during my ovulation time.) Stuck with it for a little over a year total to see if things would even out and until I could go back in for my yearly exam. Worst part is that I still had headaches throughout taking it. Talked about unwanted side effects with Dr. and she suggested an IUD instead. I discontinued the pills myself because I was tired of bleeding up to three times a month, not knowing when my period was coming and wearing black all the time. I thought my doctor would discontinue it after I voiced my concerns, but I guess not. Skeptical to try IUD, as I don't want to mess with my hormones anymore after this experience and I'm doubtful that it will help my headaches since the pill didn't do much to help them."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)