User Reviews for Camila to treat Endometriosis

Reviews for Camila

Ashley · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 7, 2018

“I originally took this pill to ease the pain of my endometriosis. I didn’t make it to the 3 month mark. My periods have gone from 4 days to 10. It drys me out and makes inserting tampons very painful. Instead of having one day of excruciating pain, I ended up having 10 days of moderate pain with very bad nausea. My skin has become so oily and painful that it’s affecting my well being. Although I did not give this pill a fair chance, I simply could not wait it out to see if things got better.”

Sarah · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2018

“I've been on Camila now for just about 4 months. This is actually my first time ever being on an oral contraceptive at the bright age of 30! I choose the mini pill instead of a combination pill as it has decreased risk of developing blood clots (DVT/PE's). I work in an ER so there was no escaping this unfortunately (scarred for life lol). Anyway, so far I have really had limited side effects. My sex drive is actually WAY increased, despite the labels saying it will decrease. My periods are somewhat lighter (this was my incentive for even initiating an oral contraceptive), and I am hoping that they will continue to lighten up with time. My cramps are somewhat less severe, also hoping for these to let up with time. No increased acne issues. No weight gain. I have felt some occasional feelings of tiredness and not really wanting to do much, but I'm uncertain if that is related to this medication or not. I would highly recommend this medication to a friend!”

SuzyZimba November 3, 2016

“I just started taking this pill for heavy very crampy monthly periods. I am on my second pack and I've had my period for 12 days but no cramping which is great. It has made the bleeding a lot less but longer. Some days all I need is a panty liner which I could never do before this pill. Other than that, I have had no headache, acne or weight gain.”

* May 6, 2016

“My Dr prescribed it for me for endometriosis. I took the first one today but after reading reviews from this site and others I will not take it anymore I would rather be in pain than have all the side effects.”

Anonymous March 29, 2011

“I started this after my second lap surgery for my endometriosis. Had no problems the first month, but have now been bleeding nonstop for 6 weeks. I really liked the fact that I didn't suffer from the side effects that I feel with a typical combination pill (weight gain, nausea, etc), but I cannot take the bleeding and pain anymore. I have had to take 2-3 pills a day to control the bleeding and am still experiencing spotting and cramps. I'm sure that this is the right method for controlling endometriosis for some women, but it is definitely not right for me. ”

Learn more about Endometriosis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)