User Reviews for Macrodantin

Macrodantin Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 92 medications used in the treatment of Bladder Infection.

Reviews for Macrodantin to treat Bladder Infection

"After my bladder operation I get UTI and bladder infection. First my G.P. gave me cipro 500mg twice daily and triprim 300mg once daily. After 1week I stopped cipro because was not any relief and continued just triprim for 2 or 3 weeks, it did not help. After G.P. gave me augmentin for 10 days, it did not help. After G.P. gave me macrodantin 100mg twice daily for 2 weeks and in the end of second week all symptoms disappeared but G.P. said I need to continue to take 100mg once a day for 6 weeks. I finished it 3 weeks ago and until now have not any infection. I think it works very well."

A.K. March 24, 2018

"Just caused the worst side effect to my lungs after using this over a year. Where is the GP or specialist that must have warned me against these symptoms or kept me recorded in progress with this medication. Accordingly to my lung specialist this medicine is poison to the human body."

Elsa White October 8, 2017

"I was given this medicine to take for seven days, four times a day. Within the first day or so of taking it I was suffering with a feeling of acid stomach, nausea, complete lack of appetite."

Tyson16 (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2013

"I have been on this medication for 4 days now for ongoing bladder infection, only side effect so far is that I feel very nervy in the mornings until I get enough food into me to counteract it. Also went out last night and had one glass of wine and my whole face, neck and chest went bright red for at least half an hour and felt very hot."

gglu March 3, 2012

"This medicine changed my life. I used to get urinary tract infections during pregnancy, breastfeeding, after sex all the time, until a doctor prescribed put me on this daily. Never have a urinary tract infection again while on it. No side effects for me, just pain free pee."

Mother of six July 17, 2011