User Reviews for Macrodantin to treat Bladder Infection

Macrodantin has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Bladder Infection. 29% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Macrodantin Rating Summary

5.7/10 average rating

Compare all 65 medications used in the treatment of Bladder Infection.

Amc · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2019

“I got prescribed macrodantin before I read these reviews. I’ve been on it now for only 2 days and I’m dying sick. However it cleared up my bladder infection almost immediately! I have awful flu symptoms, exhausted and no appetite at all. I’m cold all the time and just feel terrible overall. I’ve decided to come off the antibiotic because I can’t continue feeling this way, seriously consider what this drug does to your body before taking it!”

Mother of six July 17, 2011

“This medicine changed my life. I used to get urinary tract infections during pregnancy, breastfeeding, after sex all the time, until a doctor prescribed put me on this daily. Never have a urinary tract infection again while on it. No side effects for me, just pain free pee.”

G · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2020

“Prescribed Macrodantin for a mild bladder infection. 2 doses of 100mg per day. I take them after a meal. The only side effect I have is a pounding headache. I've 1 tablet left to take and I feel like my bladder infection is gone too. Still a dull ache at the bottom of my back but that could be unrelated. The headache is real though.”

gglu March 3, 2012

“I have been on this medication for 4 days now for ongoing bladder infection, only side effect so far is that I feel very nervy in the mornings until I get enough food into me to counteract it. Also went out last night and had one glass of wine and my whole face, neck and chest went bright red for at least half an hour and felt very hot.”

Elsa White October 8, 2017

“Just caused the worst side effect to my lungs after using this over a year. Where is the GP or specialist that must have warned me against these symptoms or kept me recorded in progress with this medication. Accordingly to my lung specialist this medicine is poison to the human body.”

A.K. March 24, 2018

“After my bladder operation I get UTI and bladder infection. First my G.P. gave me cipro 500mg twice daily and triprim 300mg once daily. After 1week I stopped cipro because was not any relief and continued just triprim for 2 or 3 weeks, it did not help. After G.P. gave me augmentin for 10 days, it did not help. After G.P. gave me macrodantin 100mg twice daily for 2 weeks and in the end of second week all symptoms disappeared but G.P. said I need to continue to take 100mg once a day for 6 weeks. I finished it 3 weeks ago and until now have not any infection. I think it works very well.”

Tyson16 · Taken for less than 1 month September 23, 2013

“I was given this medicine to take for seven days, four times a day. Within the first day or so of taking it I was suffering with a feeling of acid stomach, nausea, complete lack of appetite.”