User Reviews for Nicotrol NS

Learn more about Nicotrol NS.

Reviews for Nicotrol NS to treat Smoking Cessation

"I most often used only when I want that cigarette in the morning I keep busy and focus on my health I use my spray 8 times a day. I use rubber bands on wrist when urge comes to smoke because I don't want to depend on spray, light exercise and walks where smoking isn't allowed. my house doesn't smell like smoke, my clothes do cause I can't wash them all at once I can breathe better. believe believe believe"

Mamakatskitzo March 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I would like to offer my personal experience of the nicotine nasal spray as I think potential users should be aware of the harsh reality of this product and the dangers of using this product. I do not think that anywhere in the internet provides a full and comprehensive review of this particular product. This product while satisfying the urges of nicotine withdrawal, has major potential to make the user dependent on the nasal spray. While the desire to smoke generally disappears, the addiction and dependence is on the spray. It is replacing one evil with another in my opinion. The spray has terrible side effects, which again are not fully disclosed anywhere on the internet in my opinion. I will go through the side effects: 1. Severe congestion unlike anything experienced with other NRT products. The spray causes chest and lung congestion as well as nasal congestion. Catarrh becomes immediate as soon as the spray is used. Even by using just one small spray in one nostril. Combatting the congestion becomes a daily chore and nightmare. Relying on cough medicines such as Guaifenesin, Actifed tablets - because the congestion and catarrh is so severe that it inhibits breathing. And sudafed nasal spray to unblock the nose. Again, a blocked nose is experienced immediately after just one spray in the nostril. 2. Immediately after using the spray, the catarrh is so bad that one must either spit it out in a sink or continuously carry tissues with them. Runny nose is a constant - immediately after using the spray but also some time after using the spray. Constantly having to wipe the nose results in skin chafing around the nasal passage area and outside the nostrils and in the worst case, bleeding around the nose. Resulting in again - having to constantly apply cream around the affected area. 3. Perhaps the most severe and the most concerning - nose bleeds. Although some have reported that this only happens when they start using the spray, it is possible that nose bleeds continue on and off throughout the time of using the spray. Nose bleeds causes by irritation from the spray. Imagine a chemical that is so harsh and severe that it causes bleeding. This is shocking. However, the addiction and dependency on this spray becomes so uncontrollable and so strong that one persists with the spray despite nose bleeds. 4. The psychological effects of this spray is another area that has been under reported. Although the spray provides an immediate sense of satisfaction and indeed 'stimulation' as nicotine after all is a powerful stimulant, and in through the nasal passage it is absorbed at high speed of course, thus the effects of this are compelling and indeed enticing. However. The effects only last a few seconds. And then it goes. Leaving one wanting more and more of the spray. As a result the more one takes the less effective the spray becomes. It is a vicious and dangerous cycle. Psychologically one ends up in a state where they are very anxious and worry about where their next 'fix' will come from. And what will happen if they don't have a spray, or run out of the spray in the middle of the night or find themselves in a place where the spray isn't available. The spray one the one hand definitely does stop smokers from smoking cigarettes and is probably the most effective NRT product in that sense, but creates a whole new set of anxieties that did not exist to this extent before. This psychological area needs to be further explored and served as a warning. 5. The cost of the spray is extortionate, especially when compared to other NRT products. In the U.K. The price of the spray is around "

WARNING:NICOTINE NASAL SPRAY (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After trying 8 different smoking cessation meds, 5 of them prescription only, my doctor put me on Nicotrol Nasal Spray. It is the only medicine that has ever worked for more than a month. Best thing is, my insurance company has a policy of NO CO-PAY for prescription smoking cessation medications. So no cost to me whatsoever. How great is that? From a health insurance company, no less. They finally came to their senses and realized that it is much cheaper to pay a small amount up front to encourage people to quit smoking rather than pay millions on the end when long-term smokers contract cancer - prevention as opposed to treatment."

pbandami (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 6, 2012