User Reviews for Nicoderm CQ

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Nicoderm CQ.

Nicoderm CQ Rating Summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Nicoderm CQ to treat Smoking Cessation

"I stopped smoking 15 years ago, thanks to Nicoderm patches."

Andy bandy February 1, 2018

"After years, without success, of trying to quit smoking I used Nicoderm CQ step 1 (It worked) for the recommended time. After going to step 2 I ended up starting to smoke again. Several years later in the summer of 2016, I started over again with Nicorderm step 1, except this time I continued to use the step 1 patch only. I was going to quit even if I had to use the step 1 patch for the rest of my life. After approximately 6 months I stopped using the patch and have been smoke free for almost two years. Every now and then I have a craving for a cigarette, but the craving only last for a few minutes. I had smoked two to three packs a day for fifty years."

Anonymous January 19, 2018

"I smoked for 20 years and decided to quit. As these are relatively pricey I did not purchase the entire program up front (I think it is 8 or 10 weeks?) Rather, I bought one box of Step 1 and one box of Step 2. Well I'm so glad because I ended up only using the step one box and half of Step 2. (Used total of 11 days) It was just that easy to quit. I just had to find something to do with my hands the first few days. I got busy at work and realized after several days that I hadn't been remembering to put a patch on in the morning....and IT DIDN'T MATTER! I was FREE after 20 years and never got a craving again (5 years smoke free) I delayed quitting due to all the horror stories people tell about quitting. DON'T LISTEN! YOU CAN DO IT!"

Joi C. (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2017

"Whenever I apply the nicaderm patch I have no cravings, I've finish the 8 weeks program now my cravings are back. As long as I wear the patch I am good but I can't wear it forever, so what can I do next? The gum make me sick"

Timice (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2017

"I used Nicoderm patch and it helped a lot, I smoked and use hookah pens for over 10 years and wanted to quit because of my health. I was smoke free for 1 year, then I had a major emotional break down and went back to smoking. Now I'm on the patch again and its been a week and I' have no cravings for cigarettes or hookahs, unless I'm driving or after eating but it quickly passes over. I most definitely will recommend the patches!!!"

5ftFine (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2017

"I started smoking when I was 10 and started drinking when I was 15. I continued to smoke and drink and dope until I was 27 at which time I became a Christian and quit all three vices cold turkey. I believe I was able to do that because of my faith in the Lord. Due to a lot of pressures in my life, at age 34, I returned to all three vices once again. At age 44, I returned to my faith and wanted to quit again, I was coughing and easily became short of breath. I was able to quit for short periods of time, smoking more than not. At 49 I relapsed again and was doing all three. Then on 11-11-11, I quit drinking and doping, and shortly thereafter I quit smoking with the help of nicotine patches and I've been sober and smoke free ever since. 8-17"

In Him August 20, 2017

"I am using these to quit vaping. I cannot believe how effective they are! I barely even think about vaping. I smoked heavily for 10 years, and vaped heavily for 5 years. I still have that muscle memory of wanting to pick up my mod and it not being there, or getting ready to leave the house and not having to grab it. Those things you can't help, but I have almost zero cravings. When I do it's because of triggers like after eating and when driving and it passes quickly. I tried the gum and for me it didn't work at all like not even a little bit. I would recommend Nicoderm to anyone that's ready to quit!"

ABC789123 August 20, 2017

"4 years ago I decided to quit smoking. I bought the patch step 1. The 1st week on the patch I smoked maybe 2 cigarettes. After that I was done. My only issue now (4 years later) is that I'm still on the patch. I'm addicted to the patch. I cut it in half and put it on every morning. It's an expense I can live without, but if I don't use it, I'm a mess. I feel unfocused, tired, hungry. I guess it's a healthier addiction than smoking, but not sure what I'm doing to my body."

CatherineM1314 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 9, 2017

"Have been on the patches step 1 for a week today. I smoked almost 2 packs a day for 31 years. Tried to quit many times. This is by far the best and easier way. Sometimes they don't stick but I use a band-aid over it to make them stick. The bad cravings are gone it's just the habit left. So glad I tried the patches!!!"

Crabby too March 26, 2017

"I have been using step one of the patch for 4 weeks out of both boxes I have lost 3 patches that didn't stay in place after placement. I followed the instructions however they still came off. These are not cheap and being on a fixed income it frustrates me especially when you can not inform the very company that produces the product. Other then that they have been effective."

frustrated fixed income February 28, 2017

"I will say this about the patch. It work for me. We're there side effects? yes. A small bit of bruising and a small rash.I was willing to put up with those side effects because I did not have one craving for a cigarette. I was very happy with the program and have remained smoke free for three years boxing day passed."

Trapskiffer February 24, 2017

"The Nicoderm CQ Patch in my opinion worked great. I've been smoking for over 19 years. I've tried before (cold turkey) & (Pregnancy), but always went back. I smoked up to 1.5 packs a day. I made the most life changing choice Dec 2016 to stop smoking. I researched the patches and was very leary, because of my withdrawal symptoms.I decided to try Nicoderm CQ patches. I completed the whole 3 step 10 week program without 1 slip!!! I'm very proud of myself. Now be aware that you will experience a slight burning Itching sensation when you first apply the patch(last about 1 min). Also sometime the patch will not stay on, just simply apply a bandaid over it. Thats about it. I would recommend this product. Works GREAT!!"

LONDASLOVE (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2017

"My only regret is not trying this sooner! Could not have done it without the patches. Thank you so much for helping me quit! Officially a non smoker after 35 years!! I will never smoke again!! NEVER!"

Valstone February 15, 2017

"I'm 22, and have been smoking for about 4 years. This year, my smoking increased to about half a pack a day for a few months. I knew I was smoking too much. I was having trouble catching my breath and couldn't work out. I knew it was time to quit. I've tried vaping and e cigarettes, nothing worked, but I needed my nicotine fix or else I would get anxious. One day I woke up and decided to go to the store and get the patch. I started with step 2. I have NO regrets. I've been cigarette free for 7 days and I can't see myself going back."

ashley718 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

"I am 45 years old now and I was able to quit after 27 years with the help of the nicoderm cq patch. It was a struggle but the patches did enough to keep me from finding a cigarette. I am now smoke free for 2 years and enjoy not smelling like a dirty ashtray and can breathe much easier. Thanks for your product nicoderm cq."

B R (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

"I am 65 years old and have smoked since I was 16, I've been on the patch for two weeks. I have cravings daily but jeeez I smoked 49 years. I am committed to quit smoking and have no intentions failing. The cravings I have are easy to work through, I find something to occupy my mind for a few minutes. My plan is to use the patch for one month and after that my Dr. and I have worked it out for me to go on Chantix for however long necessary. I have also cut back on my consumption of beer and coffee and at has helped a lot. Good luck to all and stay strong."

huck52 January 24, 2017

"I made it to the other side. I have been smoke free for two years. I tried again and again to quit, probably took about 10 times before it stuck. I did use the patch each time I quit, but I would always go to the bar, take the patch off and start my pack a day habit again. Smoke for a week, then buy more patches. You have to really want to quit to do it. I think the patch is great at keeping your nicotine cravings at bay while you learn to deal with the mental addiction of quitting. Do whatever it takes, and don't listen to those harpees who say that using a NRT is not really quitting."

former smoker (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2016

"Using this product completely changed my life. I used nicoderm CQ exactly how it stated on the directions. I haven't smoked in 7 weeks. I knew I couldn't quit with out help and after reading all the reviews decided on the patch. I started by cutting back each week the amount of cigarettes I smoked. Finally I was down to one a day. I smoked one a day for 10 days on the 11th day I put on stage 1 of nicoderm CQ. I didn't like the patch on my arms so I put them on my thigh alternating each day. The cravings were less and less each day. I found that drinking ice water through a straw everytime I had a craving helped so much. It kept me hydrated (which eases the amount of cravings) and the straw acted like a cigarette with the sucking."

Sixkracer (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2016

"my experince is with the patches staying on,I put them on excatly as written, but they fall off by the middle of day, they dont stick very well,I make sure skin is dry,I have been told by friends to get the geniric band they stay on better,looks like I am going to have to try those,you would think as much as you have to pay for these they would stick to your skin better and stay on"

dair October 5, 2016

"Day 6 today using Nicoderm CQ and I have to say I am very pleased. Since the first , day I don't feel the urge to smoke... now don't get me wrong.. the "want" is still there but the "need" is gone. I don't feel irritated, or anxious and I can make it through the day without a headache. I have been smoking for a little over 12 yrs and have tried and failed at quitting before. This patch has been (so far) the best quitting tool I've used. I highly recommend this product if your serious about quitting. I feel amazing and I am very happy with how this has been working for me so far. You Got This!!!"

Anonymous September 25, 2016

"I'm amazed at how successful this patch was for me to quit smoking!!! I've tried several times but failed after 3days on each attempt. I swore I would quit when I turned 50 and I'm proud to say that I HAVE!!! Been smoking since I was 17, had a terrible cough, HBP and smelled terrible. I feel so much better, breathing better and the cough is GONE! HBP is down to normal and I can socialize with my nonsmoking friends without guilt of having that stench! I started Step 1 for two weeks and Step 2 for two weeks... Currently on Step 3 with absolutely NO DESIRE for a cigarette!! I'm telling everyone I know that smokes to try NICODERM bcuz IT WORKS!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2016

"Hello all I'm 26 years old I been smoking since I was 18, idk why or how just picked it up to look kool, now at 26 after many chest pains anxiety attacks and stomach aches and I know 100000% it was me smoking which was causing me all those things! It's been now 1 full week and after many nicotine gums hookah pens all of that I can honestly say this Patch is a blessing ! I have not had anxiety from not smoking not one chest pain this patch is amazing !! Works wonders I started on step 2! I highly recommend this to anybody who wants to stop smoking! It's also will power everybody ! Good luck save your body while you can!"

Blessing4u (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

"I have smoked for about 11 years. Quit cold turkey with each of my 3 pregnancies and had no issue. For some reason about 3-4 weeks after giving birth I was back to a pack a day. I tried the gum but didn't have success. It doesn't last in my system long enough and when a craving struck I couldn't pick up the gum, I picked up the car keys to get to the nearest gas station for a pack of smokes! So I decided to try the patch since it is a continuous stream of nicotine I thought maybe this would work better. I have zero physical symptoms. I still get that "oh, I need a smoke now" feeling but am better able to say no to it. I honestly didn't think it would work but it does! And the itching is unbearable! But only lasted about an hour for me."

Long time on-off smoker May 17, 2016

"Quit smoking for almost 6 years and one day out of no where, and for no reason, i was CRAVING a cigarette and wasn't long until I was back up to a pack a day :( every pack I bought, every cigarette I smoked made me feel so gross, yet my mind kept telling me I needed it. Opted to try the patch, free with my health insurance. Just finished my first day and it was pretty smooth, stressful at work and hung out with a co worker on lunch while she smoked and I was almost gagging! Icky icky icky! But not once did I want to smoke! I'm confident it is working, its the CVS brand and it sticks pretty well. Took it off to shower and popped it right back on, after reading reviews and going through the information insert, I'm worried about sleeping and having weird dreams lol hopefully it wont be too bad, small price to pay as opposed to continuing to smoke. I do have moments where I go into auto pilot and I reach for a pack that isn't there and I think "oh yea I don't smoke" and I just go back to what I was doing. Last time I quit, I went through a few weeks of really bad anxiety and I haven't had any episodes or any feelings of anxiety. Just waiting for time to pass. :) will be on step 1 for 6 weeks and down to step 2 for 4 weeks, and step 3 for 1 week I think. Tomorrow I need to spray my car down cuz the smell makes me sick to my stomach! Excited to smell good again!"

jayperse (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

"This medication, when used properly, is a life-saver when you are trying to quit smoking! I say "when used properly" because I did not use it properly at first. In addition to Step 1 patch I would also smoke a pack a day - NOT how you want to quit! Once I put down the cigarettes, this patch works! I used the 21mg patches for a week, then went down to Step 2 (14mg) bc the 1st step caused itching, redness and swelling on my arm. It has now been 2 and 1/2 weeks and I haven't smoked at all! From 20 years of a pack a day to nothing is truly amazing. I am hoping to be free me from the bondage of smoking Good luck on your journey to quit! It is worth it;YOU are worth it!"

BananaRose January 19, 2016