User Reviews for Nicoderm CQ to treat Smoking Cessation

Nicoderm CQ Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Nicoderm CQ

LB March 30, 2020

“I’ve been smoking for 12 years! I wanted to quit smoking before my 30th birthday, thanks to nicoderm cq I am almost 2 months without a cigarette!”

D · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

“This was the best investment I ever spent $45.00 step 1 14 patches .32years of smoking now 10 days non smoking and I feel great food. Oh my goodness food taste amazing. If you want to quit this is the best product on the market Thanks Nicoderm CQ.....”

beancounter · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 21, 2019

“I smoked for 40 years, finally decided it was time to quit. I followed the instructions, exactly, stepping down to a lighter patch as time went on. I had a really bad headache the first few days, but I powered through anyway. It's now been six months since I quit. This product works !”

Crissy · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2018

“I asked my doctor if I could use the patch with my other medications before starting step1. I am doing great with it and it's no longer cravings. It's triggers of driving or after eating and first thing in the morning. I keep lollipops in car and purse and changed up my routine in the morning and after eating. I smoked 35 years and now have two small grandsons that I want to spoil and see graduate. If this Grandma can do it with Nicoderm CQ anyone can.”

Sam · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2018

“Proper and consistent adhesion needs to become priority . 25 minute ordeal of wiping..drying...using alcohol swab...applying patch(es)...cutting fabric tape not even sold in pharmacies (given by friend a long time ago)...now running low on said tape...applying tape...noticing throughout day that sections of patch no longer touching skin. Dreams at night seem real and last long time. Not well rested next day even after long sleep.”

Shanon · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2018

“This works good only when the patch stays on. I found the clear patches don't stay on like the tan ones do. I'm having a hard time finding the tan ones anymore did they discontinue them? The clear patches continually fall off. The adhesion is not near as good. I had to switch brands to Life brand because they have the tan ones and the adhesion is great.”

Jessica S. · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2018

“I smoked for 10 years pack a day, and didn’t think that I can quit. I used patches Step 1 for only 9 days, on 10th and 11th day I had side effects (such as dizziness), so I didn’t use them for 2 days. I was thinking to buy Step 2, but I realized that I don’t need it anymore. I don’t smoke more than 1 year. Recommend it for 100%!!!”

Anne-Marie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 26, 2018

“I smoked since I was 15, I’m 40 today. 3 years ago I was diagnosed with asthma and was told to stop smoking. 3 years of sickness and pain. So many sick days. I thought of my funeral, I thought of the ones I would leave to mourn. How could I break their hearts. How could I remain so selfish. I tried nicoderm step 1, but it gave me migraines and I almost gave up. I tried step 2 and it worked better for me. It’s not easy. You will need will power and let everyone know that is around you that it will affect your mood and to just not to pay it too much mind. After 4 weeks of step 2 I was ok and decided to begin step 3. Again will power! The cravings never go away, but they do get weaker. 11 days ago I forgot to put a new patch on and I had 5 days left of step 3. I decided to just let go. Its will power and keeping busy. I joined a gym, and am also down 15lbs”

Andy bandy February 1, 2018

“I stopped smoking 15 years ago, thanks to Nicoderm patches.”

Anonymous January 19, 2018

“After years, without success, of trying to quit smoking I used Nicoderm CQ step 1 (It worked) for the recommended time. After going to step 2 I ended up starting to smoke again. Several years later in the summer of 2016, I started over again with Nicorderm step 1, except this time I continued to use the step 1 patch only. I was going to quit even if I had to use the step 1 patch for the rest of my life. After approximately 6 months I stopped using the patch and have been smoke free for almost two years. Every now and then I have a craving for a cigarette, but the craving only last for a few minutes. I had smoked two to three packs a day for fifty years.”

Joi C. · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2017

“I smoked for 20 years and decided to quit. As these are relatively pricey I did not purchase the entire program up front (I think it is 8 or 10 weeks?) Rather, I bought one box of Step 1 and one box of Step 2. Well I'm so glad because I ended up only using the step one box and half of Step 2. (Used total of 11 days) It was just that easy to quit. I just had to find something to do with my hands the first few days. I got busy at work and realized after several days that I hadn't been remembering to put a patch on in the morning....and IT DIDN'T MATTER! I was FREE after 20 years and never got a craving again (5 years smoke free) I delayed quitting due to all the horror stories people tell about quitting. DON'T LISTEN! YOU CAN DO IT!”

Timice · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2017

“Whenever I apply the nicaderm patch I have no cravings, I've finish the 8 weeks program now my cravings are back. As long as I wear the patch I am good but I can't wear it forever, so what can I do next? The gum make me sick”

5ftFine · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 1, 2017

“I used Nicoderm patch and it helped a lot, I smoked and use hookah pens for over 10 years and wanted to quit because of my health. I was smoke free for 1 year, then I had a major emotional break down and went back to smoking. Now I'm on the patch again and its been a week and I' have no cravings for cigarettes or hookahs, unless I'm driving or after eating but it quickly passes over. I most definitely will recommend the patches!!!”

In Him August 20, 2017

“I started smoking when I was 10 and started drinking when I was 15. I continued to smoke and drink and dope until I was 27 at which time I became a Christian and quit all three vices cold turkey. I believe I was able to do that because of my faith in the Lord. Due to a lot of pressures in my life, at age 34, I returned to all three vices once again. At age 44, I returned to my faith and wanted to quit again, I was coughing and easily became short of breath. I was able to quit for short periods of time, smoking more than not. At 49 I relapsed again and was doing all three. Then on 11-11-11, I quit drinking and doping, and shortly thereafter I quit smoking with the help of nicotine patches and I've been sober and smoke free ever since. 8-17”

ABC789123 August 20, 2017

“I am using these to quit vaping. I cannot believe how effective they are! I barely even think about vaping. I smoked heavily for 10 years, and vaped heavily for 5 years. I still have that muscle memory of wanting to pick up my mod and it not being there, or getting ready to leave the house and not having to grab it. Those things you can't help, but I have almost zero cravings. When I do it's because of triggers like after eating and when driving and it passes quickly. I tried the gum and for me it didn't work at all like not even a little bit. I would recommend Nicoderm to anyone that's ready to quit!”

CatherineM1314 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 9, 2017

“4 years ago I decided to quit smoking. I bought the patch step 1. The 1st week on the patch I smoked maybe 2 cigarettes. After that I was done. My only issue now (4 years later) is that I'm still on the patch. I'm addicted to the patch. I cut it in half and put it on every morning. It's an expense I can live without, but if I don't use it, I'm a mess. I feel unfocused, tired, hungry. I guess it's a healthier addiction than smoking, but not sure what I'm doing to my body.”

Crabby too March 26, 2017

“Have been on the patches step 1 for a week today. I smoked almost 2 packs a day for 31 years. Tried to quit many times. This is by far the best and easier way. Sometimes they don't stick but I use a band-aid over it to make them stick. The bad cravings are gone it's just the habit left. So glad I tried the patches!!!”

frustrated fixed income February 28, 2017

“I have been using step one of the patch for 4 weeks out of both boxes I have lost 3 patches that didn't stay in place after placement. I followed the instructions however they still came off. These are not cheap and being on a fixed income it frustrates me especially when you can not inform the very company that produces the product. Other then that they have been effective.”

Trapskiffer February 24, 2017

“I will say this about the patch. It work for me. We're there side effects? yes. A small bit of bruising and a small rash.I was willing to put up with those side effects because I did not have one craving for a cigarette. I was very happy with the program and have remained smoke free for three years boxing day passed.”

LONDASLOVE · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2017

“The Nicoderm CQ Patch in my opinion worked great. I've been smoking for over 19 years. I've tried before (cold turkey) & (Pregnancy), but always went back. I smoked up to 1.5 packs a day. I made the most life changing choice Dec 2016 to stop smoking. I researched the patches and was very leary, because of my withdrawal symptoms.I decided to try Nicoderm CQ patches. I completed the whole 3 step 10 week program without 1 slip!!! I'm very proud of myself. Now be aware that you will experience a slight burning Itching sensation when you first apply the patch(last about 1 min). Also sometime the patch will not stay on, just simply apply a bandaid over it. Thats about it. I would recommend this product. Works GREAT!!”

Valstone February 15, 2017

“My only regret is not trying this sooner! Could not have done it without the patches. Thank you so much for helping me quit! Officially a non smoker after 35 years!! I will never smoke again!! NEVER!”

ashley718 · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2017

“I'm 22, and have been smoking for about 4 years. This year, my smoking increased to about half a pack a day for a few months. I knew I was smoking too much. I was having trouble catching my breath and couldn't work out. I knew it was time to quit. I've tried vaping and e cigarettes, nothing worked, but I needed my nicotine fix or else I would get anxious. One day I woke up and decided to go to the store and get the patch. I started with step 2. I have NO regrets. I've been cigarette free for 7 days and I can't see myself going back.”

B R · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 7, 2017

“I am 45 years old now and I was able to quit after 27 years with the help of the nicoderm cq patch. It was a struggle but the patches did enough to keep me from finding a cigarette. I am now smoke free for 2 years and enjoy not smelling like a dirty ashtray and can breathe much easier. Thanks for your product nicoderm cq.”

huck52 January 24, 2017

“I am 65 years old and have smoked since I was 16, I've been on the patch for two weeks. I have cravings daily but jeeez I smoked 49 years. I am committed to quit smoking and have no intentions failing. The cravings I have are easy to work through, I find something to occupy my mind for a few minutes. My plan is to use the patch for one month and after that my Dr. and I have worked it out for me to go on Chantix for however long necessary. I have also cut back on my consumption of beer and coffee and at has helped a lot. Good luck to all and stay strong.”

former smoker · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 12, 2016

“I made it to the other side. I have been smoke free for two years. I tried again and again to quit, probably took about 10 times before it stuck. I did use the patch each time I quit, but I would always go to the bar, take the patch off and start my pack a day habit again. Smoke for a week, then buy more patches. You have to really want to quit to do it. I think the patch is great at keeping your nicotine cravings at bay while you learn to deal with the mental addiction of quitting. Do whatever it takes, and don't listen to those harpees who say that using a NRT is not really quitting.”

Learn more about Smoking Cessation