User Reviews for Nicoderm CQ

Learn more about Nicoderm CQ.

Nicoderm CQ Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Nicoderm CQ to treat Smoking Cessation

"4 years ago I decided to quit smoking. I bought the patch step 1. The 1st week on the patch I smoked maybe 2 cigarettes. After that I was done. My only issue now (4 years later) is that I'm still on the patch. I'm addicted to the patch. I cut it in half and put it on every morning. It's an expense I can live without, but if I don't use it, I'm a mess. I feel unfocused, tired, hungry. I guess it's a healthier addiction than smoking, but not sure what I'm doing to my body."

CatherineM1314 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have been on the patches step 1 for a week today. I smoked almost 2 packs a day for 31 years. Tried to quit many times. This is by far the best and easier way. Sometimes they don't stick but I use a band-aid over it to make them stick. The bad cravings are gone it's just the habit left. So glad I tried the patches!!!"

Crabby too March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using step one of the patch for 4 weeks out of both boxes I have lost 3 patches that didn't stay in place after placement. I followed the instructions however they still came off. These are not cheap and being on a fixed income it frustrates me especially when you can not inform the very company that produces the product. Other then that they have been effective."

frustrated fixed income February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I will say this about the patch. It work for me. We're there side effects? yes. A small bit of bruising and a small rash.I was willing to put up with those side effects because I did not have one craving for a cigarette. I was very happy with the program and have remained smoke free for three years boxing day passed."

Trapskiffer February 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The Nicoderm CQ Patch in my opinion worked great. I've been smoking for over 19 years. I've tried before (cold turkey) & (Pregnancy), but always went back. I smoked up to 1.5 packs a day. I made the most life changing choice Dec 2016 to stop smoking. I researched the patches and was very leary, because of my withdrawal symptoms.I decided to try Nicoderm CQ patches. I completed the whole 3 step 10 week program without 1 slip!!! I'm very proud of myself. Now be aware that you will experience a slight burning Itching sensation when you first apply the patch(last about 1 min). Also sometime the patch will not stay on, just simply apply a bandaid over it. Thats about it. I would recommend this product. Works GREAT!!"

LONDASLOVE (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My only regret is not trying this sooner! Could not have done it without the patches. Thank you so much for helping me quit! Officially a non smoker after 35 years!! I will never smoke again!! NEVER!"

Valstone February 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 22, and have been smoking for about 4 years. This year, my smoking increased to about half a pack a day for a few months. I knew I was smoking too much. I was having trouble catching my breath and couldn't work out. I knew it was time to quit. I've tried vaping and e cigarettes, nothing worked, but I needed my nicotine fix or else I would get anxious. One day I woke up and decided to go to the store and get the patch. I started with step 2. I have NO regrets. I've been cigarette free for 7 days and I can't see myself going back."

ashley718 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 45 years old now and I was able to quit after 27 years with the help of the nicoderm cq patch. It was a struggle but the patches did enough to keep me from finding a cigarette. I am now smoke free for 2 years and enjoy not smelling like a dirty ashtray and can breathe much easier. Thanks for your product nicoderm cq."

B R (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 65 years old and have smoked since I was 16, I've been on the patch for two weeks. I have cravings daily but jeeez I smoked 49 years. I am committed to quit smoking and have no intentions failing. The cravings I have are easy to work through, I find something to occupy my mind for a few minutes. My plan is to use the patch for one month and after that my Dr. and I have worked it out for me to go on Chantix for however long necessary. I have also cut back on my consumption of beer and coffee and at has helped a lot. Good luck to all and stay strong."

huck52 January 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I made it to the other side. I have been smoke free for two years. I tried again and again to quit, probably took about 10 times before it stuck. I did use the patch each time I quit, but I would always go to the bar, take the patch off and start my pack a day habit again. Smoke for a week, then buy more patches. You have to really want to quit to do it. I think the patch is great at keeping your nicotine cravings at bay while you learn to deal with the mental addiction of quitting. Do whatever it takes, and don't listen to those harpees who say that using a NRT is not really quitting."

former smoker (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Using this product completely changed my life. I used nicoderm CQ exactly how it stated on the directions. I haven't smoked in 7 weeks. I knew I couldn't quit with out help and after reading all the reviews decided on the patch. I started by cutting back each week the amount of cigarettes I smoked. Finally I was down to one a day. I smoked one a day for 10 days on the 11th day I put on stage 1 of nicoderm CQ. I didn't like the patch on my arms so I put them on my thigh alternating each day. The cravings were less and less each day. I found that drinking ice water through a straw everytime I had a craving helped so much. It kept me hydrated (which eases the amount of cravings) and the straw acted like a cigarette with the sucking."

Sixkracer (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"my experince is with the patches staying on,I put them on excatly as written, but they fall off by the middle of day, they dont stick very well,I make sure skin is dry,I have been told by friends to get the geniric band they stay on better,looks like I am going to have to try those,you would think as much as you have to pay for these they would stick to your skin better and stay on"

dair October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Day 6 today using Nicoderm CQ and I have to say I am very pleased. Since the first , day I don't feel the urge to smoke... now don't get me wrong.. the "want" is still there but the "need" is gone. I don't feel irritated, or anxious and I can make it through the day without a headache. I have been smoking for a little over 12 yrs and have tried and failed at quitting before. This patch has been (so far) the best quitting tool I've used. I highly recommend this product if your serious about quitting. I feel amazing and I am very happy with how this has been working for me so far. You Got This!!!"

Anonymous September 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm amazed at how successful this patch was for me to quit smoking!!! I've tried several times but failed after 3days on each attempt. I swore I would quit when I turned 50 and I'm proud to say that I HAVE!!! Been smoking since I was 17, had a terrible cough, HBP and smelled terrible. I feel so much better, breathing better and the cough is GONE! HBP is down to normal and I can socialize with my nonsmoking friends without guilt of having that stench! I started Step 1 for two weeks and Step 2 for two weeks... Currently on Step 3 with absolutely NO DESIRE for a cigarette!! I'm telling everyone I know that smokes to try NICODERM bcuz IT WORKS!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hello all I'm 26 years old I been smoking since I was 18, idk why or how just picked it up to look kool, now at 26 after many chest pains anxiety attacks and stomach aches and I know 100000% it was me smoking which was causing me all those things! It's been now 1 full week and after many nicotine gums hookah pens all of that I can honestly say this Patch is a blessing ! I have not had anxiety from not smoking not one chest pain this patch is amazing !! Works wonders I started on step 2! I highly recommend this to anybody who wants to stop smoking! It's also will power everybody ! Good luck save your body while you can!"

Blessing4u (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have smoked for about 11 years. Quit cold turkey with each of my 3 pregnancies and had no issue. For some reason about 3-4 weeks after giving birth I was back to a pack a day. I tried the gum but didn't have success. It doesn't last in my system long enough and when a craving struck I couldn't pick up the gum, I picked up the car keys to get to the nearest gas station for a pack of smokes! So I decided to try the patch since it is a continuous stream of nicotine I thought maybe this would work better. I have zero physical symptoms. I still get that "oh, I need a smoke now" feeling but am better able to say no to it. I honestly didn't think it would work but it does! And the itching is unbearable! But only lasted about an hour for me."

Long time on-off smoker May 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Quit smoking for almost 6 years and one day out of no where, and for no reason, i was CRAVING a cigarette and wasn't long until I was back up to a pack a day :( every pack I bought, every cigarette I smoked made me feel so gross, yet my mind kept telling me I needed it. Opted to try the patch, free with my health insurance. Just finished my first day and it was pretty smooth, stressful at work and hung out with a co worker on lunch while she smoked and I was almost gagging! Icky icky icky! But not once did I want to smoke! I'm confident it is working, its the CVS brand and it sticks pretty well. Took it off to shower and popped it right back on, after reading reviews and going through the information insert, I'm worried about sleeping and having weird dreams lol hopefully it wont be too bad, small price to pay as opposed to continuing to smoke. I do have moments where I go into auto pilot and I reach for a pack that isn't there and I think "oh yea I don't smoke" and I just go back to what I was doing. Last time I quit, I went through a few weeks of really bad anxiety and I haven't had any episodes or any feelings of anxiety. Just waiting for time to pass. :) will be on step 1 for 6 weeks and down to step 2 for 4 weeks, and step 3 for 1 week I think. Tomorrow I need to spray my car down cuz the smell makes me sick to my stomach! Excited to smell good again!"

jayperse (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medication, when used properly, is a life-saver when you are trying to quit smoking! I say "when used properly" because I did not use it properly at first. In addition to Step 1 patch I would also smoke a pack a day - NOT how you want to quit! Once I put down the cigarettes, this patch works! I used the 21mg patches for a week, then went down to Step 2 (14mg) bc the 1st step caused itching, redness and swelling on my arm. It has now been 2 and 1/2 weeks and I haven't smoked at all! From 20 years of a pack a day to nothing is truly amazing. I am hoping to be free me from the bondage of smoking Good luck on your journey to quit! It is worth it;YOU are worth it!"

BananaRose January 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The only thing I've tried that works. These patches are GREAT! I have no sensations at all. If you're a heavy smoker and really want to stop smoking, I recommend you use these. I will NEVER smoke again because of these patches. I also use the Nicotine Gum."

Antwan87 January 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Love the product. The only problem is it does not stick if I put it on a area that flexes a lot, like my side or upper arm. Sticks fine to shoulder blades no falling off and the itching subsides after about 20-30 mins."

Devale December 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"100% effective with zero physical withdrawal, but some desires! I was a 2-3 pack a day smoker for 25 years! I had tried everything,but nothing worked for me, this was a last resort that I thank god I tried! This isn't magic, you will have the want to smoke feeling but nothing physical bc you are getting nicotine! They do not stick well at all, so save yourself some trouble by purchasing white "paper" tape in any first aid section of any store/pharmacy! Secure it to the patch as soon as you apply the patch and you will be great all day! I also recommend getting some mints! Whenever I decided I would like a butt, I popped a mint in! On week 5 now, with an easy transition to step 2! You have nothing to loose! My coughing has stopped 100%! Xo"

BUY IT NOW 100% WORKED (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The patch will not stick to my skin! I shave and clean the area before I put the patch on and I hold it for 15 seconds instead of 10 seconds as it tells you to do on the package! I am very unhappy with the Nico derm cq clear patch. I guess I have a better luck quitting cold turkey than to have to waste my patches when they do not stick!!!!!!!!!"

lilmissmama3030 September 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"These patches are a joke don't even know if they work they won't stay on I shaved the spots I put them on washed area and even used alcohol wipes to clean area dried area applied as soon as I get to working they fall right off"

kevin reynolds (my real name) August 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"On day 6 now and didn't smoke but was a can a day dipper for over 20 years. Don't worry hat people are t a loving about it falls off, I'm in construction in the heat in Florida all day and it sticks. I know it helps, weird dream thing going on yes, get a taste of nicotine all day, and the initial itch, yep got that too. But what I haven't had is a dip of copenhagen.. thanks nicoderm."

Bcurl (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm a young male 26 years old. Was a casual smoker for 7 years. Started very young at 16. Became a pack a day smoker for 3 years. So more than 10 years of smoking. Other reviewers are spot on about insane irritation/itching when patch is first applied to skin. This lasts for the first 20 minutes. Do not let this deter you , try not to think about it. I'm on the 21mg patch. This is recommended for smokers who smoke at least a pack a day or more. I can honestly say you really have to be determined to stop smoking altogether. Side note. Was a very heavy cannabis smoker as well, and remarkably the patch has also gotten rid of all cravings for cannabis as well. If you're serious about kicking this filthy habit this patch works wonders ."

Esco (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2015