User Reviews for Leader Nicotine Polacrilex to treat Smoking Cessation

Ouchhhhhhhh January 31, 2016

“I started polacrilex gum at 2mg strength to try to quit. Bought it from the supermarket. I used two pieces in one day. The suggestion to "use at least 9 pieces per day" on the instructions seemed a bit excessive for a casual smoker like myself. I experienced a sore throat by the end of my workday at 5, and by night it was worse. It has been bothering me for two days. I think the medicine (or something else in it) just really irritated my throat, but if it persists, I'm going to see a doctor. Probably wouldn't happen to everyone, but perhaps something to consider before buying!”

BenjiP1225 · Taken for less than 1 month September 23, 2021

“I have been using the 4mg nicotine polacrilex gum for about just over 2 weeks. I use the suggested chew and park method and it definitely is helping with my cravings. I use one piece roughly every 2 hours and I don't exceed 10 pieces in a 24 hour period. I find it very helpful compared to the patch, which didn't help much, and preferred gum over the lozenges, which tasted absolutely awful. No side effects that weren't tolerable. I haven't smoked a single cigarette since starting the gum. The gum, or any method, must be used along with personal will-power or its not going to work. Best of luck to all!”

Bob · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 24, 2020

“4mg cherry lozenges- I have easily used 9+ a day...or more with only a few side effects... GAS! Major stomach gas. Occasionally hiccups. Some throat irritation.”

Tmae · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2019

“I bought 4 mgs of Leader Nicotine Polacrilex. It helps but I noticed not every piece has the same dosage. 1 piece will taste good and another will be weaker.”

Learn more about Smoking Cessation