User Reviews for Privine

Learn more about Privine.

Nasal Congestion 12 reviews 590 medications

Summary of Privine reviews 12 reviews 10.0

Reviews for Privine

For Nasal Congestion "Best nasal spray"

ya52 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2015

For Nasal Congestion "If you cant find it anymore Check out the ingredients of: CLEAR EYES "MAXIMUM Redness Relief" (ONLY) not the other CLEAR EYES eye drops The ingredients are almost identical."

Uncle Mario (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 10, 2014

For Nasal Congestion "My grandfather started using Provine (I don't know when) he was a pharmacist in the middle 1930s, 40s, and 50s, and I, his grandson, use it even to this day. It is the only thing that works. One or two drops per nostril before bedtime and I can sleep all during the night. Nothing else works the same. I could never find it on store shelves in the past 20 years. I would have to go to the pharmacy counter and even though this was over-the-counter, the pharmacy had to order it. I would order six boxes of Provine at a time. When I would run out I would order another six so I won't have to think about it. Today I go order it only to find that it's discontinued. I don't know what I'm going to do."

Good Neighbor September 29, 2014

For Nasal Congestion "I wish they would bring this back to the market, Privine is the only product that never causes nosebleeds and works beautifully. Have used since childhood. If the manufacturer would reintroduce this it would be most helpful."

stuffy (taken for 10 years or more) April 14, 2014

For Nasal Congestion "Please, please, please put this product back on the market. I've been using Privine for over 35 years and there is no other product on the market like it. It clears up my stuffy nose in minutes and lasts all night. There are no side effects and it's very gentle on the nose tissue. I don't know what I'm going to do without it."

Daviv March 1, 2014

For Nasal Congestion "Like others who have posted, I have used Privine for many years - probably 60 - when I needed help with a stuffy nose - usually in allergy seasons. Other nose drops are too strong, and irritating. A drop or two and a little patience let me breathe clearly and get a good night's sleep. I just learned that it has been discontinued and am very disturbed by this news."

helpmebreathe February 6, 2014

For Nasal Congestion "It was recommended by my doctor because it is water instead of oil based. It did not irritate. Please bring it back."

b's grandma (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2014

For Nasal Congestion "I like many other reviewers have grown up on Privine Nasal Drops/Spray. I bought all I could last year hearing it was to be discontinued. Now I don't know what else to use. Privine was very mild on my nasal membranes and I didn't get nose bleeds like I do with other brands. Please please please bring it back!!!!!"

SIOUX FAN (taken for 10 years or more) October 28, 2013

For Nasal Congestion "I started to use Privine Nose Drops close to 60 years ago. My doctor recommended this great product for my very frequent allergies, colds, etc. I was a small child then. Over the years, I've always had some on hand and also used it for my son, who also has allergies. No other product is as mild. The rebound effect is much less of a problem with Privine. I even noticed that one of the over the counter allergy eye drop products contains the same active ingredient. Now, Privine is discontinued, and I honestly don't know where to go from here. There is nothing else that can take it's place."

Toby's Mom (taken for 10 years or more) August 24, 2013

For Nasal Congestion "I started using Privine drops in 1966. I started using the spray when it came out several years later. I am still using the spray to this day. Why? Because it works. It does not irritate my nasal membrane like other brands that I tried. Insight pharm has discontinued manufacture of the spray, that is sad. However the drops may still be obtainable."

Biogon February 28, 2012

For Nasal Congestion "I also have been using Privine drops for a number of years. It is the best and mildest of any of the decongestant drops on the market. It's too good, which is the reason why I can no longer find it on sale anywhere. "

Disappointed user July 17, 2011

For Nasal Congestion "I have been using Privine Nose Drops for more than 50 years and they are the only product that really helps my severe nasal congestion from colds, allergies or sinus infections. Best of all, Privine gives me no bad side effects whatsoever, unlike all of the other nose drops and nasal sprays that I have tried. Privine should be sold in all drugstores but now."

Anonymous December 23, 2010

More about Privine (naphazoline nasal)