User Reviews for Relafen

Osteoarthritis 8.0
Rheumatoid Arthritis 6.7

Reviews for Relafen

Bones · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I'm allergic to nsaids but I've tried everything to get the pain & inflammation of osteoarthritis under control, at least where I can tolerate it. I just got Rx for relafen 500mg today & took about 1/8 because I was afraid I would have allergic reaction. I'm fine so far & I honestly haven't felt this good in years. I'm praying I won't have problems with relafen & I'll get back to the way I used to be!!”

Thom the painter · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2018

For Back Pain: “When I saw the over all rating of 7.1, I thought, out of 100? I don't know what type of pain is being experienced by the people who have had success with Relafen. But it is apparently not like mine. I have noticed NO relief whatsoever! I'm taking 500mg bid. Why not just take 800mg of ibuprofen?”

AHL · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 13, 2017

For Back Pain: “Had L5 S1 Diskectomy 3 months ago/worst Sciatica pain imaginable, could barely stand or walk. MD stopped opioids pain meds and we are trying different types of pain management. Allergic reaction to Lyrica and Meloxicam didn't do a darn thing. Relafen didn't work at first but now? It's a life saver. I do also take protonix due to terrible upset stomach issues from taking Ibuprofin for many months. It's a life changer for me! I am only 43 and feel very thankful to have this med!”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 26, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “I love relafen aka nabumetone. I have OA, chronic low back pain, and chronic pain syndrome. It works best of all prescription nsaids I have tried. And believe me, I have tried a lot. I've become allergic to some, some just plain don't work, or cease working over time. I have been taking nabumetone for over 3 yrs now, no need to increase dose, no side effects. I absolutely swear by it. It's very rare that I even need to take anything for break thru pain.”

hadico May 21, 2016

For Back Pain: “it works great for menstrual cramp and pain”

I take 500 mg Nabuetome at bedtime · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 13, 2013

For Muscle Pain: “This medicine has worked when nothing else has. My doctor was concerned that this would harm my stomach over time but I've been taking it for 2 years without issue. I recently tried Lyrica instead and have hurt all over. I just went back to Nabumetone and I feel good again. Since I take 1/2 of the normal dose, I'm hoping I can continue to take this medicine. It is the only thing that works so far.”

Anonymous July 21, 2013

For Back Pain: “I suffer from annular tear along with unbearable pain . Relafen relieves the break through pain. Relafen works really well.”

anonymous999y April 16, 2013

For Back Pain: “Relafen was prescribed by my spine Doctor for cervical/upper back cramping and upper extremity radiculopathy. It did not relieve my pain at all. Just started Skelaxin (2 doses in) and the pain is so much better.”

Weej January 30, 2013

For Back Pain: “I was put on Relafen when I had an epidural for back pain and arthritis, also 2 back surgeries. I found a specialist when I start having pain in my lower back and sharp pain in my leg. My doctor put me on Relafen taking 2 pills a day. My symptoms were well managed by this medicine. I had no side effects and I was able to function quiet well. I think this medicine is a very good one for the type of pain I have for my back and pain down my thigh. I really recommend this to anyone with back or leg pain or arthritis in the back. It really works.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2012

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Like Celebrex and Vioxx, this caused blood pressure spurts, along with dizziness, weakness, and other side effects. Too dangerous for me to take because of how high it would send my blood pressure within an hour or so of taking it.”

Nabumetone · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2012

For Sciatica: “My doctor prescribed this twice a day for a month after receiving a steroid injection for a herniated disc at the L5,S1. It works great! I can now walk, sit, stand, etc. Whereas I couldn't while suffering from Sciatica. I'm only 30! I have had no side effects.”

Anonymous December 10, 2011

For Back Pain: “I have a back injury that flares up from time to time and when it does it requires a significant amount of medication. I dislike taking opiates but found myself taking way too high of a dose of Ibuprofen on a regular basis and found it no longer working effectively. Relafen works great. I do get a slight bit of initial dizziness for about 20 minutes after I take it and I'm a bit drowsier than normal but the pain relief is well worth it. I sleep great at night, no more waking up or tossing and turning.”

Anonymous November 12, 2011

For Frozen Shoulder: “Very helpful for my frozen shoulder pain with no side effects.”

Anonymous September 30, 2011

For Sciatica: “I have not experienced any side effects whatsoever. I take 1500 mgs every night after supper. I went from not sleeping due to pain in my right leg to sleeping the whole night through. Also, I had become so stiff it was hard getting up and down out of chairs and out of the car. With this medicine, I am up and down like a normal 40 year old, rather than an 80 year old. I am so very grateful for this medicine.”

LM. September 27, 2011

For Muscle Pain: “Did absolutely nothing for my back-muscle pain. ”

seale August 14, 2011

For Back Pain: “I started taking it 2 days ago and have not had any side effects. My sleep has improved tremendously.”

Anonymous May 19, 2011

For Muscle Pain: “I was given this medication after I injured both feet in sparring in my Thai boxing class. After two weeks of slow healing a second doctor gave me this and it sped up healing. Upon returning to class and new injuries it works well.”

frankietg May 10, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: “What started out as a simple back strain/sprain at 19 yrs old has, over the years, evolved into an all encompassing condition leaving me with Multiple Sclerosis, handicapped and needing a walker for any mobility. Through the years I have been on NSAIDs which have proven time and again to be so helpful in relieving pain to where I was taking 3200 mg of ibuprofen/day. Finally given Relafen, which has saved my stomach from all the pain medicines and ibuprofen. Have never had a problem with Relafen (nabumetone) over the 7 yrs I've been on them, and they continue to be instrumental in relief from daily pains due to MS. A great product!”

ART J April 27, 2011

For Muscle Pain: “I had a severe inflamed left arm. Many medicines did not work. I then took Relafen, one tablet one hour before bedtime with food and then at bedtime I took another. The next morning the inflammation, which was in my whole arm, was gone and I was able to pinpoint the area of the inflammation with pinpoint accuracy. I was operated at that spot. A few years later I had a severe inflammation in my right foot. It would not go away so I then took the same dose that night. The next morning the inflammation was gone. ”

xxlane January 27, 2011

For Back Pain: “Did not help my back pain”

Anonymous February 13, 2010

For Back Pain: “I have been suffering from back pain for years, I was prescribed Relafen and what a difference it has made, the bonus no side effect's!”

Anonymous November 19, 2009

For Muscle Pain: “750mg twice daily, had no effect on headaches. ”

jacee October 9, 2009

For Sciatica: “Had really bad diarrhea. ”

MattR May 27, 2009

For Back Pain: “I have been saddled with sciatic pain off and on for over 15 months now. About a month ago, my Doctor switched me off of Naproxen and onto this drug. It seems to be a little more effective and I am only taking it twice a day. I would rate my daily pain level about a 3 on a scale of 10, and almost 0 an hour after taking this one tablet with a meal.”

arthritis girl April 25, 2009

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Relafen always gives me bloating and gas.”