User Reviews for Avelox

6.2
Intraabdominal Infection 1 reviews 56 medications

Summary of Avelox reviews 145 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Avelox

For Bronchitis "I was prescribed this medication for bronchitis and it is hands down the most terrible medication I have ever taken. Within an hour of taking the first dose, I had nausea and vomiting so bad that I ended up in the emergency room and even after receiving fluids and IV Phenergan I was still dry heaving. Never again!"

SGM April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Skin and Structure Infection "I had a strange skin infection in my earlobe-- it was swollen, red, hot, and incredibly painful. I was first prescribed a different anti-biotic that did not help and in fact made the infection grow in size. After just 24 hours my ear was less swollen and my symptoms have only improved. I am not finished with the prescription yet but it is so great to finally have some relief."

jmig March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "Taken to address a long standing Prostate infection. On 4th day of a 20 day course (400 mg once daily). Side effects include: slight to moderate confusion and vertigo. Slight to moderate tinnitus, loss of appetite, pasty mouth, thirsty, mild tendonitis in left knee. I'm not my positive, engaging self and it's affecting my teaching (High School Chemistry). I drive a motorcycle so the vertigo and confusion symptoms are worrisome. I can deal with the above side effects provided they do not worsen. Prostatitis seems better but too early for any conclusions in that regard. I'm continuing with the treatment."

Saipan Sam March 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Had a double ear and sinus infection that didn't clear up with a round of antibiotics, went back to the walk in and was prescribed Avelox. Scariest side effects EVER. After about 30 minutes I felt a cold wave hit me in my stomach , I felt dizzy , lost feeling in most of the left side of my body, developed rashes and purple splotches all over my upper chest area, had trouble breathing , became hypertensive and ended up with slurred speech and was in and out of consciousness until medical help arrived. Very scary. And that was just the first pill..."

Ckillbot (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "Had a very resistant infection and was prescribed this medication. Went into anaphylactic shock after it stared digesting. Cold and hot sweats, drooling , splotchy skin color , swelling of throat, loss of feeling in left side of my body for 2 days and brief loss of consciousness until ambulance arrived. Just didn't work well with my body."

Cdeanne33 (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "please read my experience carefully. Months before i took Avelox, the landlord has sprayed all the complex with insect repeller, it was so strong that i felt i couldn't breath, i went straight away to the doctor which they administered ventollin and oxygen. i felt better, but ever sense i became extremely sensitive i could not smell perfumes or Dettol/gas station without feeling suffocated. months after, i got sick with flu, and theflu went to my chest and i couldn't breath and experienced pain in my chest. took to the hospital and was given nebulizer but didn't feel better, so they did an xray and gave me Avalox, i got all the side effects but it cleared it, and my asthma!!! not sensitive anymore! so to keep it short it it fixed my lungs"

malmudaf (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "I took this medicine while at work ( Police/Fire Dept) because of bronchitis, I started out with a red rash that went up my arms, then started to itch, terrible stomach pains , passed out and was placed in an ambulance. Once awake and being prepped with IV I watched my body walk out of my body out the ambulance door, my body was literally shutting down and I was dying on the way to the hospital, The drs. at the hospital told me that if I would have been by myself I would have surely died. . This was a horrible experience and since then my body has shut down to all medications and if I am prescribed any kind of medications I have to sit in the drs. office waiting for another reaction. I had surgery 2015 and had a team standby."

Katinka58 July 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "My second time taking avelox for pneumonia. The benefits out weigh the side effects. I had most of the side effects associated with this medication. From feeling extremely weak and tired, anxious, fast heart beat, nausea, vomiting, headache. However it cleared up my pneumonia."

Dc2 June 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "I have taken Avelox on several occasions for sinusitis and bronchitis and within two doses, I always feel 10 times better! I am aware that dizziness and nausea can be side effects, but since I have taken it before bed, this has never been an issue. I am surprised at the number of people who try to take it during the day - take it at night and you will tolerate it just fine"

Anonymous March 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "After eight days I have no improvement at all, I asked my doctor to switch to levaquin."

Thed (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "The second pill made me feel confused, anxious, lightheaded."

Sabina83 February 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "Absolute best antibiotic I've ever used! I was feeling better within 2 days. No side effects. I've used it for both a UTI and Sinus Infection. Worked amazingly both times. I have a sensitive stomach and usually hate taking medication. But this stuff really works."

Syd10 January 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Very powerful med. Doc prescribed for my sinus infection. Major dizziness within half hour of taking the meds. It stays for about 5 hours. Congestion does clear up really fast. However I took it at night for the first dose and could not sleep the whole night. The 2nd day till today (5th), I took them after lunch and rested. The dizziness is overpowering. I literally can't function but I can sleep at night 2nd day onwards tho it takes slightly longer than usual to doze off. Happy today is my last day and I will probably never want to take this again if I can help it."

Moko (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "I was diagnosed with pneumonia after a few days of taking amoxicillin because of being mis-diagnosed with acute bronchitis. Before I started taking the Avelox, I had a fever of 103, a pretty bad headache, and was super tired and didn't want to do anything. My doctor told me the Avelox would make be even more tired. For the first 2 days it did, but my fever also broke and my headache went away. Also started coughing up more and more phlegm. By the 3rd day I started feeling better but still had a cough and was just a bit tired. It seems I missed out on some of the side effects but I did experience a bit of dizziness in the beginning and a loss of appetite. I'm on day 5 of my 8 day dosage. Going back to the doctor Thursday morning."

Travis_717 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Thank you all for the heads up on %u2018taking the medication with food!%u2019 My bottle didn%u2019t come with that label and the Avelox along with the side-effects has been many and terrible on my stomach, head and body. I am on day 9 of 15 day dose for sinusitis (and previously had pneumonia) %u2026and wasn%u2019t aware of the numerous side effects until now. Was about to quit taking the med due to the long list of brutal adverse reactions, yet will implement the %u2018eat before taking%u2019 concept and hope to triumph through, as they have made a huge difference in my upper and lower respiratory issues. And with any luck there will be no after affects of the side-effects!"

Sommoya (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "This is the third time I am prescribed Avelox. The first time for pneumonia and the last two times for bronchitis. This is by far one of the most potent antibiotic available. Doctors are very reluctant in prescribing this antibiotics because it is basically the last defence. Thus, doctors will tend to prescribe other, less potent antibiotics first, the reason being that bacteria will eventually adapt to any Antibiotics. So it should only be prescribe when required."

Gil-t October 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "I have the most horrible experience with ALL antibiotics....they make me feel worse than whatever I have! Was prescribed Avelox for my pneumonia and within 24-hours all symptoms had abated and lung function had returned to normal. Best of all I experienced zero side effects! Have since has pneumonia a second time and was prescribed Avelox and had it was like "Groundhog Day". Powerful antibiotic but works extremely well!"

americansunrise (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "I am rarely ill so have not taken a lot of medications; I also have a sensitivity to medications. I told this to the prescribing physician when seen for bronchitis. She prescribed avelox and by day 3 I had developed large red welts; went back to the Doctor who determined it was erythema nodosum. Avelox was overkill for someone like me - it was way to strong and this was a horrible side effect."

JohDav August 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "I am on a 14 day course of avelox for pneumonia. Apparently it was quite well spread over both lungs. First course of antibiotics made no difference. Ended up in emergency where they did a CT scan and I was given 2 lots of antibiotics via a drip. Was sent home with avelox which has improved things greatly. The side effects are I am very tired, no appetite ! This medication is well worth the side effect. A very frightening experience !"

Takara Bell July 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "At first it seemed to help, didn't connect the rash to the medication, then blurred vision, high anxiety, nausea, tightness in my chest & felt extremely ill, like I was going to die or have a heart attack."

Bobtail222 May 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Works great, but side effects are horrible Sweating, dizziness, dry mouth, fatigue, next sinus infection. Give me something else doc."

the plumber March 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "My experience is that I experienced arthritic symptoms in my joints. In particular my top finger joints where red knobs appeared and I experienced pain and sometimes itching. I also experienced pain in my achillies tendon and weakness in legs"

poppine February 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "I had shortness of breath and chest pains right side, doctor sent for X-rays. Called next day and told me I had pneumonia of left lung. It's been 5 days now and I slept throughout the night yesterday for 1st time in a week, chest pains still there but less intense. After 10 days on medicine I am going back for X-rays. So far so good."

pebam007 February 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "I love Avelox. Every winter, I am sick for months. I spend thousands of dollars on doctor visits, blood tests, chest x-rays. We go through rounds and rounds of antibiotics. I used to have great success with Augmentin, but it doesn't work anymore. Levaquin did the job one year, but hasn't been effective since. Last year, I combed the internet and found people like me that had success with Avelox. After one dose, I was feeling better (after being sick for 3 months). It completely knocked out the infection and I was back on my feet the very next day. I've been sick for 3 weeks and took my first dose of Avelox yesterday. I am already feeling better. I am so thankful for this medication."

Amysickfortoolong (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "I was given Avelox after other medicines just didn't clear up my sinus infection. It worked with noticeable relief in a couple days, and by my last dose I was back to my old self. I had been treated for six weeks previously, with 4 different antibiotics that just didn't clear this up. Very thankful for this!"

flowerladytoo (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2015