User Reviews for Elocon to treat Eczema

Elocon Rating Summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 138 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Elocon

Emily · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 16, 2019

“It took me 3 years to find the right cream to actually make it go away as Aveeno doesn't work for me but Elocon covers everything”

Eloise · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2019

“Literally at the end of my tether with scalp eczema. Was prescribed Elocon scalp lotion by my my dermatologist. After one day, scalp so much better; itching has gone, weeping and stickiness has gone. Have used the Elocon ointment on eczema on my body and found this to be equally effective. Excellent results”

Ty · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 6, 2019

“Do not use this stuff. For short term use it is amazing. But if you find yourself using it for more then a month, STOP immediately. This cream suppresses your bodies natural ability to fight inflammation. Resulting in extreme withdrawal symptoms otherwise know as Red Skin Syndrome or Topical Steroid Withdrawal. I have been through hell because of this cream, doctors hand it out as if its a solution for your skin problems when in reality it is destroying your skin. I beg of you, get off this cream while you still have the chance.”

Court · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2019

“I have severe eczema in my ears. I would scratch and use q-tips and would keep scratching. Skin would flake off and it was awful. My dermatologist told me to use cortisone creams and I tried that for 2 years and nothing helped. I thought my ears were clogged with wax so I went to my ENT and she said there was no wax, just severe eczema so she prescribed me Elocon. I used it 1 time per day for 3 days and now twice a week. With in an hour after the first application I felt relief and after day 3, it was completely clear. Miracle drug!”

Juliet · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2019

“Have been prescribed this cream by a private dermatologist just this week. He described my eczema as ‘severe’. He changed my cream to Elocon and I can’t believe the difference in my skin after only 2 days of applying once daily. I have used so many creams and ointments in the past. Am over the moon that I’ve discovered this!!”

G · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 24, 2018

“Had eczema my whole life, I am 34 now. Elocon really is good stuff, calms flare ups an within a few days it’s gone!! Must be used as little as possible, on well moisturised skin, helps the ointment spread more easily. Healthy food helps internally, rarely get it that much anymore!”

Jenn · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2018

“My son saw a dermotoligist for 3 years and nothing helped. His pediatrician prescribed elocon and 3 days later his skin looked 100% better.”

Cheddock November 26, 2017

“This cream caused red skin syndrome. It ruined my life as I had to go through the most horrendous drug withdrawal just to get off it. 31 months off it and still not normal. Look up topical steroid addiction and withdrawal before deciding whether you want to risk 3 years plus of your life. Awful”

melv1216 October 9, 2017

“literally the only thing that has worked to help my Eczema! I was told by the doctor to apply out of shower then put lotion( I use Eucerin smoothing its not to sticky and leaves ur skin soft) since the Elocon can dry out skin. Works like a charm only down side is if you use for to long can cause thin skin and stretch marks so be careful.”

Childhood eczema · Taken for 10 years or more October 3, 2017

“I have had eczema all my life. I use elocon and find it better than hydrocortisone but find that the former darkens my skin and should only be used as for short periods of time. The best thing I ever did for my eczema was have an allergy test done and reduce my diary and wheat intake. My atopic eczema cleared up in a week. You have to treat the inside of your body too.”

Mazummo September 10, 2017

“I tried all the creams the doctors could give us for my little boy and only Elocon has worked he is a very happy boy gone from itching bleeding crying in pain as a baby to a normal happy school boy.”

Minnie099 March 28, 2017

“I've had eczema ALL my life and I was starting to think nothing's working from Hydrocortisone creams all the way to natural aloe Vera but my new doctor prescribed this and I've never looked better! The flare ups are under control and my skin is almost clear”

sophieggeorge February 13, 2017

“I've had awful eczema for as long as I can remember, which has been completely debilitating when at it's worst. When I was referred to the dermatologist I was given everything under the sun to try and combat the worsening skin condition. Finally, after months I was given elocon and now I can't go a day without it, absolute skin MIRACLE. Please ask for this cream first when seeing a doctor, after hunting for something like this for years I couldn't imagine my life without the stuff!!”

ThankYouElocon February 11, 2017

“I have been using the Elocon lotion everytime when eczema was there, it cured. Just speechless and I'm thankful I got the Elocon lotion for the first time when I suffered eczema since I have tried everything out there and done a lot of researches, but it seems Elocon did the job impressively well. Got my life back. Ps. #1 cure Elocon”

patexiss · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2016

“My daughter is 21 now, but when she was about 1 or 2 years old, she was prescribed elocon and it permanently stopped her eczema in a few days. I was trying to remember the name of this prescription to recommend, and it just came to me out of the blue. I am so glad I remembered the name; I'm hoping it helps.”

katlac January 9, 2016

“My 5yr old daughter had a nasty flare-up that travelled from under her arm to half way down her inner forearm. Wasted money at Chemist buying OTC creams for a month that did nothing. Seeing her in pain & itching was awful, so went back to Drs & were prescribed Elocon-UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Cleared completely in 36hrs & has never come back-this was 7yrs ago!”

motherEarth3 June 16, 2015

“Took my son to the allergist for testing, but he couldn't due to raised bumps on back so he prescribed elocon, I got the generic solution that comes in a squeeze dropper. I apply about 6 drops to affected area followed by cruel lotion which is good for replacing ceramides and hydration. I started late evening by the following morning I saw big improvement, by day 3 my son was a new person. Very satisfied so far hope he doesn't relapse”

Caz Nic April 2, 2015

“I have suffered from eczema on and off for many years, recently I had a massive reaction on my face which resulted in severe eczema all over my face and neck. I had very sore red patches and very red burning patches. I felt rock bottom and after seeing a dermatologist she gave me Elocon. She gave me confidence that in 4 days my eczema would be completely cleared. I put it on at night and it stung just a little for the first night, 3 days later it had all cleared and my skin super smooth. This is a fab ointment and would certainly give a 10 out of 10 review.”

LondonTrader · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2014

“I was getting angry itchy red patches on my cheeks that went scaly and looked awful. Mindful of the need to be very cautious with such a steroid medication on the face I used the thinnest tiniest amount just on the red areas. I applied it first late evening. When I got up in the morning I was astonished and delighted to see a 90% improvement, redness virtually gone and no itching. This stuff is potent and highly effective. 24 - 36 hours should be enough to completely solve my issue. Very happy.”

mstiff · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2014

“This cream is awesome, my daughters arms look beautiful. I used it twice a day for about 3 days and her arms cleared up.”

Rachel.guy January 14, 2014

“I'm 21 and I have had eczema since I was a baby, however it has only been within the last three years that my skin has really suffered. I got very low after trying countless creams. I had light therapy which to me I found pointless as it only made me burn, which made me scratch more. I have eczema all over my body, literally everywhere so you can imagine, as fellow sufferers, how painful and uncomfortable this is. I started using Elocon a few days ago and I must say the improvement is phenomenal. I really would recommend this as my skin is almost clear! So pleased with the results so far!”

ClearSkinChoice November 12, 2013

“This ointment is very effective. It has cleared up all of my breakouts from eczema. However, it concerns me that someone in an earlier post mentioned that they apply this medication to their face. Please DO NOT do this as Elocon is a steroid that can thin the skin. Its so strong, you only need to apply it to the affected area. Its not meant to be used like a face cream. The skin on your face is already so much thinner and more sensitive when than the skin on your arms and legs.”

Anonymous July 11, 2012

“My daughter has eczema, when using Elocon she stops scratching instantly. LOVE IT. Also I use pure Vaseline, also she bathes with Dove unscented sensitive soap and she rarely breakouts. Try it.”

Anonymous February 24, 2012

“Suffered all my life from eczema and Elocon is by far the most effective ointment I have used.”

Evibeth December 21, 2011

“I love Elocon. I'm 28 years old and have been through tubes and tubes of cortisone creams, Benadryl ointments, oatmeal cures and the like. Elocon has been the only cream that works for my eczema. I get terrible rashes that flare up inside of my arms, legs, neck and belly. They come seasonally and when I'm most stressed. I use Elocon after I realize I'm scratching uncontrollably and within a couple of days, the scratching ends and the swelling subsides. My eczema flares and bleeds on the same day so when I apply Elocon for the first day it burns for a few seconds as I'm rubbing it into my wounds. The following day, my rashes have healed and never look as painful as the first day. *Only use 14 days on and 14 days off if you need it like I do!”