User Reviews for Lopressor

Left Ventricular Dysfunction 4.0
Summary of Lopressor reviews 7.4 13 reviews

Reviews for Lopressor

BL · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2019

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: “Was put on Lopressor by my cardiologist after a session in the ER with excessive PVCs. The side effect (constant diarrhea) makes this drug unviable for me.”

NathanielA · Taken for 10 years or more October 30, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “I'v'e been taking Lopressor, 100mg, 1 tab twice daily for more years than I can remember... probably 20 or so, for hypertension. It seems, together with 2 other meds, i.e. dyazide and Altace, aka Ramipril, an ACE Inhibitor. they usually give me good BP readings. Recently, and I think it was more to do with dehydration... I had 2 SVT attacks within 60 or so days of each other.... and, again, if anything the lopressor probably did its best to prevent them... but it can't do everything. In short, this drug has been around a long time, and is a time-tested Beta Blocker.”

Good experience June 24, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: “I took Lopressor for 24 years it worked very well in lowering my blood pressure and even calming my anxiety but lately it doesn't work on me very well as before, I guess the doctor will change it.”

rbh August 28, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: “Take pill every 12 hours. Works fine for me. Requested a beta-blocker because of the anti stage-fright effects. No more 'adrenaline dumps' in stressful situations. Helps me tremendously in my work and social interactions.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: “This medicine has done an excellent job with lowering my blood pressure. However, I have been having dry eyes and gas. On the positive side, this medicine is also good for anxiety!”

AceMan July 29, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: “Took metoprolol and hydrochlorothiazide for several years. Seemed to reduce blood pressure to acceptable levels. About a year ago I experienced shortness of breath at times along with some fluid in lungs. Turns out that metoprolol (Lopressor) can cause that. Got off the metoprolol and lungs cleared up. Not taking it anymore.”

LullabyNine June 16, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: “I am a 30 year old female and I have high blood pressure (and tachycardia). Approximately 20 minutes or so after I would take my dose of Lopressor, I would get symptoms similar to a panic attack. Extreme hot flash and rapid heartbeat (more rapid than my usual... my pulse rate is usually around 100-105 as it is.) When I told my doctor, he told me to quit taking the Lopressor and then he put me on another high blood pressure medicine. I only took Lopressor for a few days, because of the side effects, so I cannot comment on it's effectiveness in blood pressure reduction.”

khan143 April 2, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: “It's a very useful drug as it it not only control blood pressure but also gives other long term benefits to the patients.”

sumitahlawat January 31, 2010

For Angina: “The best.”

Anonymous September 30, 2009

For Angina: “I have Angina and over the past year began a regime of Bayer (or Bufferin) starting at 500mg every morning. Things got a little worse after six months and I upped my dosage to 1000mg per day. This was all self medication without medical consult (I knew what the problem was). Finally even the 1000mg a day wasn't working and I went to see the doctor. He put me on 50mg of Lopressor per day and things turned around within 2 days. The pain is gone and I can get a whole nights sleep without waking up in the middle of the morning (usually 3-4am, when the incidence of heart attack is the highest statistically) in major pain. So far so good. If you have Angina then DO see a doctor. Get the tests! After all, it's really your life your dealing with.”

mylife1 August 31, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “It has dramatically reduced my blood pressure and I feel great. Just a little more tired throughout the day.”

Anonymous July 15, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “It is fourth blood pressure pill for me. It feels like it is only partly working. My blood pressure problems are usually happening after anxiety attacks of which doctors says I have but don't know why.”

bobbysox June 30, 2009

For Angina: “This medication helps more than anything I have tried I have severe angina. I do recommend this as treatment.”