User Reviews for Hiprex

Prevention of Bladder infection
7.8

Summary of Hiprex reviews 8.8 23 reviews

Reviews for Hiprex

For Bladder Infection "I have had a suprapubic catheter for a year. And I couldn't go more than a week off antibiotics without getting another infection. Let me get to the point...just combining Hiprex with cranberry was NOT enough for me. Now that I take 1000mg vita C with each Hiprex , I have had 2 tests come back clear. The vita C is KEY because Hiprex will not work without your urine being acidic ie. a pH of 5.5 or lower. The Vita C is KEY !! I am thrilled!"

D. July 26, 2018

For Bladder Infection "I have bladder infections for 30 years, and basically I have become immune to a lot of the antibiotic. I found Hiprex on the web and then saw my doctor for a prescription, Hiprex was 100% effective, no more infections. The only problem I have found it hard to get in the UK"

gail (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2018

For Bladder Infection "Hiprex has worked wonderfully for me over the last year. I had almost continuous UTI’s for a year before that. I find though that it is essential for everything below the waist to be working well. I take 1 Hiprex with 1000mg Vitamin C in the morning and 1000mg Vitamin C at night. I take 1 tspn Metamucil in water every night and use Vagifem 2/3 times a week. It is very important to keep bowels moving so that urine can flow freely. My Urologist and Gastroenterologist stressed the importance to keep things working well. It’s certainly worked well for me. Hiprex works."

Mary (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 9, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have been prone to uti's most of my life which became worse after childbirth and having a sling. Constantly on antibiotics for years and became resistant to them. Even having hospital stays on the strong IV anti's didn't seem to help. Had all the tests going and found my bladder does not empty completely. So together with having to IC daily I was put on hiprex together with vitamin C. At first I was advised to take hiprex with cranberry which didn't work, but once taking hiprex with vitamin C this has completely changed my life. So very happy with being able to manage my health now. "

TD April 20, 2018

For Prevention of Bladder infection "I am Coeliac so vigilant with diet. I have Urine retention (300ml). My specialist thought was contributing to my recurrent Urinary tract infections so started on Hiprex only last week 2xdaily along with Cranberry juice and a probiotic but have had a UTI for 4 weeks. Initially on antibiotics for two weeks prior to starting Hiprex for the UTI I have felt no improvement. I drink lots of water, no coffee, no dairy or gluten. How long it takes before I can expect Hiprex to start to have an effect?"

Booktechie February 22, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "2 years ago I got my first ever UTI at 55yrs. I had 8 or 9 sets of varying Antibiotics nothing seemed to work. So GP placed me on Cirophlaxin 7 days & at the same time on Hiprex this year and told me to take Cranberry as well. Last 2 M/C/S tests have indicated that there are no significant bacteria detected. But I am worried about long term use and bone health as acidity adds to bone depletion as have been diagnosed with Osteopenia."

Jan1960 August 30, 2017

For Kidney Infections "After becoming sexually active I began suffering recurrent UTI's and bladder infections of which the only non-intravenous antibiotic I wasn't resistant to was Macrodantin. However, this was only a short-term term solution and after collapsing and having a week-long stint in hospital from a kidney infection a specialist prescribed Hiprex. It has been 3 months since and all UTI-like symptoms have faded away and not returned. The only thing I have to fault is the stomach acid-like taste and it's rather pricey but much, much better than being constantly in pain & discomfort. So far, so good!"

LisaDan0110 August 10, 2017

For Kidney Infections "I have had constant Kidney/UTI infections. The doctor has tried everything. He put me on a low dose antibiotic over a period of time, this worked for a while. Constantly, I would be on a double dose of antibiotics and after taking the course as directed and would have intercourse again the infection would come back. I've bathed and done all the right things but the infection would always come back. I have gone through early menopause and kidney/UTI infections are part of the course as your body starts having less hormones something we are not told. I went on a quest to find another alternative and tried Hiprex and haven't looked back, I am very happy with the product Hiprex."

CherieD July 31, 2017

For Bladder Infection "Seems to be working for me, but time will tell if it helps to prevent recurring infections, as like many, I am very susceptible to UTI's. I have no antibiotic resistance that I know of, but I would rather not take them if I can avoid it! Re: concerns about formation of formaldehyde in the gut, that sounded scary to me too, but after a bit of reading I learned that formaldehyde does not accumulate in the body. The body metabolises it to formic acid, which acidifies the urine and kills the bugs (it is an antibacterial and often used as a preservative in food). That said, formaldehyde is a known carcinogen so I will be monitoring my use."

Regular UTI Sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2017

For Bladder Infection "I have a lot of bacteria going on in my system all the time and the UTI's are constant and horrendous. Like others have stated I just can't be on antibiotics all the time so have been trying other things . D-mannose powder is wonderful but It's quite expensive and when I'm really bad doesn't always work . Just discovered the Hiprex tablets over the counter here in Australia at the Chemist. I looked it up on the net for information and how it works and didn't feel really comfortable about the substance turning to formaldehyde in the gut "

Rose121 March 1, 2017

For Bladder Infection "I can only agree with these ladies. I am 68, had bladder infections all my life. A friend of mine who has MS went on Hyprex because of muscle weakness which caused bladder infections and was recommended Hyprex by her urologist. I mentioned it to my GP who prescribed it for me. In a year I have only had one bladder infection, went on a course of antibiotics and then back on Hyprex. I was also advised by my gynecologist to bathe ( you don't need to fill up the bath ) after intercourse. since I do those 2 things, Hypex and irrigation, no problems. Take 1000mg of vitamin C with Hyprex twice a day. What a relief after all those years of suffering."

well now October 22, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have been suffering from recurrent uti's for over 20 years. I have had 5 cystoscopes, bladder biopsies, urine cytology to determine a cause. I've been on prophylaxis antibiotics to no avail and the constant cystitis/uti's were ruining my life. My 3rd urologist gave me Hiprev a number of months ago and it has changed my life. I have not had a uti since!!"

heather64 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Absolutely love this product! I have had re-occuring infections for years, some stints longer than others. Recently I have had UTI's almost constantly. Clears up and comes back. Started taking Hiprex with a Urinary Tract Support vitamins and it kept the infection away for ages! Finished a lot of Hiprex and didn't restock. Low and behold, infection is back! Grabbed another bottle and after just a few hours I am feeling a difference!"

Taylah-Kate June 5, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Around this time last year I got my first UTI which quickly turned into a recurring UTI. I suffered for 6 months, taking an antibiotic (caeflexan) as I was resistant to anyone other. However after a few days of finishing the antibiotic the UTI came back. These UTI's made me very ill not being able to leave bed for at least four days once the antibiotic started, I was consistently vomiting and lost a lot of weight due to all the symptoms above and not eating properly. Having to go to A&E because of the severity of the UTI; the doctor suggested to take Hiprex which would help me regain weight and health due to not being constantly sick. Hiprex has made a huge difference meaning I can now have a normal life without UTI's."

Chloe777 December 7, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Hiprex is amazing! I suffered for years with chronic UTI's and was constantly on antibiotics which made me feel even worse. I tried everything from ural sachets to cranberry tablets and nothing helped until I tried hiprex. As long as you take the recommended 2 tablets each day (one in morning, one at night) it works! The only downside is the taste of the tablets but I found taking it with some food helps mask the taste."

Marls13 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Amazing product! I've suffered from urinary tract infections for years and have been on antibiotic after antibiotic and they always returned. I tried cranberry tablets and various vitamins which gave me very little relief from symptoms. You need to take the recommended two tablets a day for it to work properly. The only downside is the taste of the tablets but I haven't experienced any other negative side effects."

Marlz January 4, 2015

For Prevention of Bladder infection "I have been on this for about two and half months, seems to be working very excited about it."

Mmcvolunteer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2014

For Bladder Infection "As all above have written I too got reoccurring urinary tract infections. Would do everything I was told, take antibiotics, but it just went on and on. My doctor gave me Hiprex bottle of 100, needed a script for the big bottle, told me stay on it for 10 to 20 days then lower to 1 a day for a week or stop if I felt okay. Within 24hrs the urgency that bothered me most was gone, that was a year ago, today I woke after past 48hrs stressed rushing round nothing to drink and have the start of a UTI so I just took my 1st Hiprex and will take it for 10 days and see how I go."

Bet65 August 16, 2013

For Bladder Infection "I first had a urinary tract infection at the age of 16 and suffered with them frequently since that time until around 1 year and a half ago (at age 26) when I was introduced to Hiprex by a friend. I used Hiprex at that time and since then haven't needed to use it again until recently. I'm not too happy about having a UTI right now, but the fact I haven't had one for a year and a half has been so good. I'm just hoping that by taking Hiprex again this time round, it will shorten the duration of the UTI and alleviate the symptoms quickly. I'm hoping to avoid antibiotics, if possible."

Kbat (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2013

For Bladder Infection "I to have suffered since 12 years old of bladder infections. I am now 45 yrs old. I was so hoping this would be my miracle but unfortunately it is not. I so hoped it would work but am back to bladder infections. It just makes life so difficult. I also suffer from irritable bowel syndrome."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2012

For Bladder Infection "Like the other reviews, I have always suffered from UTIs with exactly the same problem, I will get one, antibiotics will clear it up and then it will return shortly thereafter. I have had strains resistant to antibiotics, been placed on multiple antibiotics, etc. All to no avail in actually ridding me of UTI symptoms. I have spent any amount of money on different medications. When I have UTIs, they drive me insane and I feel absolutely drained. I brought Hiprex as we were on holidays over Easter and I couldn't get to a GP. The chemist recommended it. I have not looked back, the terrible urge to constantly urinate completely disappeared within 2 days. Hiprex has given me my life back."

Anonymous April 26, 2012

For Bladder Infection "I also have had repetitive urinary tract infections (UTI) for years. Lots of antibiotics, a few weeks clear, and then another urinary tract infection. This was really getting me down as the symptoms were toxic and systemic, and made me quite ill. A urologist suggested Hiprex with vitamin C twice a day. I have not had a UTI since. I feel well for the first time in years and am so appreciative of the advice. That constant, low grade infection on my bladder made me 'old before my time'. Some days I just could not get off my bed. I am a different person now without those repetitive UTI's. I wish I had discovered Hiprex years ago."

Anonymous November 25, 2011

For Prevention of Bladder infection "I was suffering from regular severe urinary tract infections, taking multiple courses of antibiotics each time, only to feel relief for a few weeks before getting another infection, despite drinking 2 liters of water per day, taking cranberry supplements, and washing and urinating before and after sex. Since taking Hiprex, I have not had an infection in several months. The only negative is that the tablets taste awful."

StepMc August 24, 2011