User Reviews for Hiprex (Page 2)

Hiprex has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 53 ratings on Drugs.com. 81% of those users who reviewed Hiprex reported a positive effect, while 15% reported a negative effect.

Bladder Infection
9.5
Summary of Hiprex reviews 8.2 53 reviews

Reviews for Hiprex

Mags · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2019

For Prevention of Bladder infection: “I have been on Hiprex for 3 weeks. I had a bladder infection and after taking the antibiotic Doctor has put me on Hiprex. I find I am tired all the time on this drug. Mild headache. It is working for the bladder.”

Taylah-Kate June 5, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Absolutely love this product! I have had re-occuring infections for years, some stints longer than others. Recently I have had UTI's almost constantly. Clears up and comes back. Started taking Hiprex with a Urinary Tract Support vitamins and it kept the infection away for ages! Finished a lot of Hiprex and didn't restock. Low and behold, infection is back! Grabbed another bottle and after just a few hours I am feeling a difference!”

Marls13 · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 13, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Hiprex is amazing! I suffered for years with chronic UTI's and was constantly on antibiotics which made me feel even worse. I tried everything from ural sachets to cranberry tablets and nothing helped until I tried hiprex. As long as you take the recommended 2 tablets each day (one in morning, one at night) it works! The only downside is the taste of the tablets but I found taking it with some food helps mask the taste.”

Princess · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Hiprex with vit C 500mg twice a day for recurrent UTI prevention. I was on Macrodantin 50mg for 4 months and got a UTI recently. My Dr at Northwestern Univ. wanted me to try Hiprex. As soonest I took the first pill of I felt the burning through my stomach and bladder. It gave me diarrhea, painful urination, nausea, back pain, vaginal burning and my bladder started leaking. Tried with Pyridum for 2 days a little better but once the Pyridum stops working this is killing me. I did 6 days and I'm done. Sucks for me!”

Anya · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 22, 2019

For Kidney Infections: “After having several hours of acute pyelonephritis, admissions to hospital and most of the antibiotics relevant to my problem following surgery, I was prescribed Hiprex ( Methenamine hippurate). It has been a resounding success for all my kidney urinary issues. Unfortunately, I am now having dreadful problems getting this product. I live in the UK. Is anyone else having difficulty?”

Joanne · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2019

For Bladder Infection: “I have been on hiprex for a month and a half along with strong antibiotics, still have bacterial infection, but seems to be moving in the right direction. Yes cannot get in UK some problem with MEDA pharmaceuticals (Germany) not supplying Mylan the distributer. Got mine online from Australia where they can also be obtained over the counter. The manufacturer is different 3M & distributed by Inova . I did double check with inova that they were authentic, which they were. Good luck.”

Regular UTI Sufferer · Taken for less than 1 month July 11, 2017

For Bladder Infection: “Seems to be working for me, but time will tell if it helps to prevent recurring infections, as like many, I am very susceptible to UTI's. I have no antibiotic resistance that I know of, but I would rather not take them if I can avoid it! Re: concerns about formation of formaldehyde in the gut, that sounded scary to me too, but after a bit of reading I learned that formaldehyde does not accumulate in the body. The body metabolises it to formic acid, which acidifies the urine and kills the bugs (it is an antibacterial and often used as a preservative in food). That said, formaldehyde is a known carcinogen so I will be monitoring my use.”

Anniel34 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 10, 2019

For Prevention of Bladder infection: “I am in London and my GP prescribes Hiprex to prevent constant UTIs The drug has been successful but there has been no supply in my area so I have bought it in Australia at a reputable pharmacy which ships overseas. Hiprex is bought over the counter in Australia which is useful. I paid for it via PayPal which takes your money about the same time as the delivery. In my case after delivery. I bought two bottles of 1g Hiprex. The total cost was £63.21 which included airmail. I paid VAT on the purchase when it arrived in UK. Found them efficient to deal with. I rang the Distributer in UK and they said supplies were being sent out on August 12th Someone told me they are going to switch manufacture to UK I hope so. I hope my experience helps others. ”

Kbat · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 2, 2013

For Bladder Infection: “I first had a urinary tract infection at the age of 16 and suffered with them frequently since that time until around 1 year and a half ago (at age 26) when I was introduced to Hiprex by a friend. I used Hiprex at that time and since then haven't needed to use it again until recently. I'm not too happy about having a UTI right now, but the fact I haven't had one for a year and a half has been so good. I'm just hoping that by taking Hiprex again this time round, it will shorten the duration of the UTI and alleviate the symptoms quickly. I'm hoping to avoid antibiotics, if possible.”

Diggiegal78 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 14, 2021

For Bladder Infection: “I have a double collection sack on my right kidney. Had nothing but problems with it over the years. After my hysterectomy in 2019 I suffered with damage to my bladder, then followed horrendous UTIs and had 16 lots of antibiotics. I was then put on Hiprex and I haven't had one UTI. Amazing stuff.”

Lee · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 16, 2020

For Prevention of Bladder infection: “I have been on Hiprex for 2 years and only had 1 UT as opposed to a UTI every few months. My Dr prescribed it twice a day, morning and night, with a cranberry supplement pill and 500 mg vitamin c tablet. It does taste terrible, but better than the alternative.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2012

For Bladder Infection: “I to have suffered since 12 years old of bladder infections. I am now 45 yrs old. I was so hoping this would be my miracle but unfortunately it is not. I so hoped it would work but am back to bladder infections. It just makes life so difficult. I also suffer from irritable bowel syndrome.”

Deboddy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 13, 2020

For Prevention of Bladder infection: “Retention of urine was a creating a reservoir for bacteria to flourish and was the cause of the repeated UTIs over several years. I had an urethra dilation which has led to better flow and more complete bladder emptying. I also take Hiprex once a day and have not had an infection for nearly a year. Bliss. The tablet itself tastes awful but a small price to pay.”

Clarkie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2019

For Bladder Infection: “Have been put on Hiprex when couldn’t tolerate antibiotics. Sadly my frequency symptoms and pain has increased with Hiprex. I have heard that Hiprex is one of those drugs that works or doesn’t work for you and even with addition of Vitamin C no improvement.”

CherieD July 31, 2017

For Kidney Infections: “I have had constant Kidney/UTI infections. The doctor has tried everything. He put me on a low dose antibiotic over a period of time, this worked for a while. Constantly, I would be on a double dose of antibiotics and after taking the course as directed and would have intercourse again the infection would come back. I've bathed and done all the right things but the infection would always come back. I have gone through early menopause and kidney/UTI infections are part of the course as your body starts having less hormones something we are not told. I went on a quest to find another alternative and tried Hiprex and haven't looked back, I am very happy with the product Hiprex.”

Jan1960 August 30, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: “2 years ago I got my first ever UTI at 55yrs. I had 8 or 9 sets of varying Antibiotics nothing seemed to work. So GP placed me on Cirophlaxin 7 days & at the same time on Hiprex this year and told me to take Cranberry as well. Last 2 M/C/S tests have indicated that there are no significant bacteria detected. But I am worried about long term use and bone health as acidity adds to bone depletion as have been diagnosed with Osteopenia.”

LisaDan0110 August 10, 2017

For Kidney Infections: “After becoming sexually active I began suffering recurrent UTI's and bladder infections of which the only non-intravenous antibiotic I wasn't resistant to was Macrodantin. However, this was only a short-term term solution and after collapsing and having a week-long stint in hospital from a kidney infection a specialist prescribed Hiprex. It has been 3 months since and all UTI-like symptoms have faded away and not returned. The only thing I have to fault is the stomach acid-like taste and it's rather pricey but much, much better than being constantly in pain & discomfort. So far, so good!”

Rose121 March 1, 2017

For Bladder Infection: “I have a lot of bacteria going on in my system all the time and the UTI's are constant and horrendous. Like others have stated I just can't be on antibiotics all the time so have been trying other things . D-mannose powder is wonderful but It's quite expensive and when I'm really bad doesn't always work . Just discovered the Hiprex tablets over the counter here in Australia at the Chemist. I looked it up on the net for information and how it works and didn't feel really comfortable about the substance turning to formaldehyde in the gut ”

Booktechie February 22, 2018

For Prevention of Bladder infection: “I am Coeliac so vigilant with diet. I have Urine retention (300ml). My specialist thought was contributing to my recurrent Urinary tract infections so started on Hiprex only last week 2xdaily along with Cranberry juice and a probiotic but have had a UTI for 4 weeks. Initially on antibiotics for two weeks prior to starting Hiprex for the UTI I have felt no improvement. I drink lots of water, no coffee, no dairy or gluten. How long it takes before I can expect Hiprex to start to have an effect?”

Rikki · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 15, 2021

For Prevention of Bladder infection: “I have a long term urethral catheter. I used to get frequent UTIs. I seem to be permanently on antibiotics. My neurologist suggested using hiprex. I started using it about nine years ago and since then I have only had two infections. I have found no side-effects and I just need an annual renal function blood test.”

Tasha · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2021

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I had a repetitive UTI for years. But after my doctor prescribed Hiprex it helped a lot. It have a bit salty taste but not a big deal, and for some reason I only can take half of the dose. Overall is a good medicine.”

Han March 11, 2021

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Please please PLEASE can UK residents tell me where and how they are obtaining Hiprex?? I used to get mine from Australia as I can’t get it over here in the UK. Please can you ladies tell me? I’m desperate and our so upsetting I can’t obtain it.”

Goldenrose · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 7, 2021

For Prevention of Bladder infection: “I've been on hiprex for almost 3 years and during that time I've had multiple infections of the urinary tract and bladder. I'm meticulously clean and will not go to strange public dirty toilets. I bought supposedly non perfumed wipes but actually they had perfume and I have now a severe urinary tract infection with a temperature and feeling very ill even though I have hiprex twice a day as prescribed by the professor in a hospital.”

Annie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 21, 2019

For Bladder Infection: “Hiprex has helped me after years of UTI's & antibiotics.”

Mmcvolunteer · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 14, 2014

For Prevention of Bladder infection: “I have been on this for about two and half months, seems to be working very excited about it.”