User Reviews for Hiprex to treat Bladder Infection

Hiprex has an average rating of 8.3 out of 10 from a total of 23 ratings for the treatment of Bladder Infection. 83% of those users who reviewed Hiprex reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Hiprex Rating Summary

8.3/10 average rating

Compare all 65 medications used in the treatment of Bladder Infection.

Reviews for Hiprex

Diggiegal78 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 14, 2021

“I have a double collection sack on my right kidney. Had nothing but problems with it over the years. After my hysterectomy in 2019 I suffered with damage to my bladder, then followed horrendous UTIs and had 16 lots of antibiotics. I was then put on Hiprex and I haven't had one UTI. Amazing stuff.”

Nico January 27, 2021

“I have had urinary tract infection for 18 months. I had all the usual antibiotics but they didn’t work. I researched Hiprex & my GP agreed to let me try it. The only side effect I had was painful urination which has now stopped. If I stop the Hiprex the infection returns I don’t know where this will end. I also take 1 gr of Trimethoprim at night but it is now not available because of Brexit. I live in N ireland & have no problems getting the prescription so don’t understand why it’s not available. I also take Waterfall d manose 2 daily on the advice of my Urologist.”

Dawny October 15, 2020

“I suffered uti’s my whole life, I did all the right things to alleviate them and am now resistant to 5 different antibiotics I would get at least 2 infections a month and frequent hospital visits ,my urologist suggested stretching my bladder , ouch! Then I discovered Hiprex , it’s now been 6 months and I and completely free of uti s I sleep better have no irritation and feel like a new woman Highly recommended ❤️”

Rachel · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 4, 2020

“After having several reoccurring UTI’S out of the blue 2 years ago non stop and leading to kidney infections. After seeing several doctors for just for antibiotics, one doctor mentioned Hiprex which I was never told about. It’s been one and a half years and UTI free!”

D. July 26, 2018

“I have had a suprapubic catheter for a year. And I couldn't go more than a week off antibiotics without getting another infection. Let me get to the point...just combining Hiprex with cranberry was NOT enough for me. Now that I take 1000mg vita C with each Hiprex , I have had 2 tests come back clear. The vita C is KEY because Hiprex will not work without your urine being acidic ie. a pH of 5.5 or lower. The Vita C is KEY !! I am thrilled!”

Anonymous April 26, 2012

“Like the other reviews, I have always suffered from UTIs with exactly the same problem, I will get one, antibiotics will clear it up and then it will return shortly thereafter. I have had strains resistant to antibiotics, been placed on multiple antibiotics, etc. All to no avail in actually ridding me of UTI symptoms. I have spent any amount of money on different medications. When I have UTIs, they drive me insane and I feel absolutely drained. I brought Hiprex as we were on holidays over Easter and I couldn't get to a GP. The chemist recommended it. I have not looked back, the terrible urge to constantly urinate completely disappeared within 2 days. Hiprex has given me my life back.”

Anonymous November 25, 2011

“I also have had repetitive urinary tract infections (UTI) for years. Lots of antibiotics, a few weeks clear, and then another urinary tract infection. This was really getting me down as the symptoms were toxic and systemic, and made me quite ill. A urologist suggested Hiprex with vitamin C twice a day. I have not had a UTI since. I feel well for the first time in years and am so appreciative of the advice. That constant, low grade infection on my bladder made me 'old before my time'. Some days I just could not get off my bed. I am a different person now without those repetitive UTI's. I wish I had discovered Hiprex years ago.”

Mary · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 9, 2018

“Hiprex has worked wonderfully for me over the last year. I had almost continuous UTI’s for a year before that. I find though that it is essential for everything below the waist to be working well. I take 1 Hiprex with 1000mg Vitamin C in the morning and 1000mg Vitamin C at night. I take 1 tspn Metamucil in water every night and use Vagifem 2/3 times a week. It is very important to keep bowels moving so that urine can flow freely. My Urologist and Gastroenterologist stressed the importance to keep things working well. It’s certainly worked well for me. Hiprex works.”

Bobbie · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2020

“I developed a UTI late on a Friday - back pain, frequency and showing very high leucocytes and blood on a Combur strip test. Too late for a doctor's appointment, but checked on the net to find something to take me through the night, and saw Hiprex. Chemist still open, so bought some to try. Next morning slight leucocytes and blood, no frequency, and feeling heaps better, so didn't visit a GP. Sunday Combur test strip was clear. Will continue until the bottle is finished. VERY grateful for the effect of Hiprex. It's a marvel.”

well now October 22, 2016

“I can only agree with these ladies. I am 68, had bladder infections all my life. A friend of mine who has MS went on Hyprex because of muscle weakness which caused bladder infections and was recommended Hyprex by her urologist. I mentioned it to my GP who prescribed it for me. In a year I have only had one bladder infection, went on a course of antibiotics and then back on Hyprex. I was also advised by my gynecologist to bathe ( you don't need to fill up the bath ) after intercourse. since I do those 2 things, Hypex and irrigation, no problems. Take 1000mg of vitamin C with Hyprex twice a day. What a relief after all those years of suffering.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 6, 2019

“I was prescribed hiprex following persistent infection of different Bacteria following having to catheter twice a day for high residuals. I did have a 2 year period where I stayed clear but then ran into a 6 month run of one infection after the other and worse and worse antibiotics. Were thinking of vaccine until I suddenly thought of Hiprex. Has worked for 6 months except now supplies are scarce as German supplier stopped supplying the UK. It would be great if there was a UK manufacturer ( Hello Boots!) because this is a possible answer to slowing down antibiotic resistance in UTI. I am worried about long term formaldehyde in my bladder and hope I it is not slowly pickling my liver, kidneys etc but so far it’s far better than ciprofloxacin”

gail · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 25, 2018

“I have bladder infections for 30 years, and basically I have become immune to a lot of the antibiotic. I found Hiprex on the web and then saw my doctor for a prescription, Hiprex was 100% effective, no more infections. The only problem I have found it hard to get in the UK”

Londoner12 · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2019

“I was prescribed Hiprex for Painful Bladder Syndrome to stop recurring infections. My bladder was already sensitive to certain foods. Within hours of taking this drug I was in agony. Burning to pee, difficulty peeing and terrible back pain. I stopped taking the drug after 2 half doses. A week later my symptoms are still twice as bad as before taking the drug.”

Bet65 August 16, 2013

“As all above have written I too got reoccurring urinary tract infections. Would do everything I was told, take antibiotics, but it just went on and on. My doctor gave me Hiprex bottle of 100, needed a script for the big bottle, told me stay on it for 10 to 20 days then lower to 1 a day for a week or stop if I felt okay. Within 24hrs the urgency that bothered me most was gone, that was a year ago, today I woke after past 48hrs stressed rushing round nothing to drink and have the start of a UTI so I just took my 1st Hiprex and will take it for 10 days and see how I go.”

Tlalli · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2020

“Bought Hiprex over the counter (here in Australia) 2 years ago and only needed to be on it for 4-5 days. Twice since, as soon as there was even a hint of well recognised symptoms, I took a dose twice with a LOT of water and was cured the next morning. Some people will likely need bigger doses, I'm lucky I'm ok with less. By the way, I suffered from frequent UTIs over 10 years ago until my GP organised an IVP (special CT scan of kidneys) and discovered a small kidney stone, the seat of the infections. After sound wave removal (lithotripsy) the UTIs virtually disappeared. Only get the occasional one now.”

Regular UTI Sufferer · Taken for less than 1 month July 11, 2017

“Seems to be working for me, but time will tell if it helps to prevent recurring infections, as like many, I am very susceptible to UTI's. I have no antibiotic resistance that I know of, but I would rather not take them if I can avoid it! Re: concerns about formation of formaldehyde in the gut, that sounded scary to me too, but after a bit of reading I learned that formaldehyde does not accumulate in the body. The body metabolises it to formic acid, which acidifies the urine and kills the bugs (it is an antibacterial and often used as a preservative in food). That said, formaldehyde is a known carcinogen so I will be monitoring my use.”

Joanne · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2019

“I have been on hiprex for a month and a half along with strong antibiotics, still have bacterial infection, but seems to be moving in the right direction. Yes cannot get in UK some problem with MEDA pharmaceuticals (Germany) not supplying Mylan the distributer. Got mine online from Australia where they can also be obtained over the counter. The manufacturer is different 3M & distributed by Inova . I did double check with inova that they were authentic, which they were. Good luck.”

Kbat · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 2, 2013

“I first had a urinary tract infection at the age of 16 and suffered with them frequently since that time until around 1 year and a half ago (at age 26) when I was introduced to Hiprex by a friend. I used Hiprex at that time and since then haven't needed to use it again until recently. I'm not too happy about having a UTI right now, but the fact I haven't had one for a year and a half has been so good. I'm just hoping that by taking Hiprex again this time round, it will shorten the duration of the UTI and alleviate the symptoms quickly. I'm hoping to avoid antibiotics, if possible.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2012

“I to have suffered since 12 years old of bladder infections. I am now 45 yrs old. I was so hoping this would be my miracle but unfortunately it is not. I so hoped it would work but am back to bladder infections. It just makes life so difficult. I also suffer from irritable bowel syndrome.”

Clarkie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2019

“Have been put on Hiprex when couldn’t tolerate antibiotics. Sadly my frequency symptoms and pain has increased with Hiprex. I have heard that Hiprex is one of those drugs that works or doesn’t work for you and even with addition of Vitamin C no improvement.”

Rose121 March 1, 2017

“I have a lot of bacteria going on in my system all the time and the UTI's are constant and horrendous. Like others have stated I just can't be on antibiotics all the time so have been trying other things . D-mannose powder is wonderful but It's quite expensive and when I'm really bad doesn't always work . Just discovered the Hiprex tablets over the counter here in Australia at the Chemist. I looked it up on the net for information and how it works and didn't feel really comfortable about the substance turning to formaldehyde in the gut ”

Annie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 21, 2019

“Hiprex has helped me after years of UTI's & antibiotics.”

Patria February 2, 2019

“After constant UTI am using Hiprex early days but free of bacteria.”